Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

II
What a time to be alive.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I wanna click that spoiler really badly but I'm not going to! Very thankful that people are still using tags.
(YouTube, on the other hand, suggested I watch a recording from the show whose title alone spoiled something. Ugh.)

Since I'm trying to stay spoiler-free until June, I am kinda hitting content draught. The instagram snippets are cute, but not really doing it for me in terms of actual content. I'd much rather they recorded mini-clips where they actually talk about things or tell a fun thing that happened instead of putting little dancing men on buildings or playing with filters.
knq
lava lamp

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm I wanna click that spoiler really badly but I'm not going to! Very thankful that people are still using tags.
(YouTube, on the other hand, suggested I watch a recording from the show whose title alone spoiled something. Ugh.)

Since I'm trying to stay spoiler-free until June, I am kinda hitting content draught. The instagram snippets are cute, but not really doing it for me in terms of actual content. I'd much rather they recorded mini-clips where they actually talk about things or tell a fun thing that happened instead of putting little dancing men on buildings or playing with filters.
They really love filters, though. :love1: ngl one of my favorite Dan liveshows is titled "Dan plays with filters for 30 minutes" or something to that effect. They're such joyful dorks.

I've gotten the same suggestion on YouTube and remember thinking it was weird to see it there; I'm sorry to hear you got spoiled by it!

For your content needs, how many of dnp's older videos have you watched? I'm fairly new to phandom so I don't know how common this is, but I only finished watching (and loving) the Super Amazing Project this week. I haven't even gotten to the radio show. And if you've already seen all their older content, maybe you desperately need to make a compilation video of, like, one particular tone of voice/joke/weird thing they do and need to scour all their old videos for it. :D
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Glad to see the sun is shining in at least one part of the country (cos it sure as hell isn't where I live).
ETA: He's too adorable.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really needed puppy Phil bopping his head back and forth in my life today.
liola
rankussy

Goddammit he's really too precious for this world
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

this is the cutest shit i've ever seen, i'm melting :love1: :love2:
hello9217
flower crown

Only Phil could make listening to a song about getting dicked too hard look adorable. Next up phil bopping along to "My Neck, My Back" with the bunny filter.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

hello9217 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 pm Only Phil could make listening to a song about getting dicked too hard look adorable. Next up phil bopping along to "My Neck, My Back" with the bunny filter.
i feel like dan could probably do that one
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
so_cheesy
butt chair

this photo fucks with my brain. his face looks like he’s 10 years younger. and he really did lose weight, i almost thought the pic was photoshopped and elongated somehow.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

so_cheesy wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:32 pm this photo fucks with my brain. his face looks like he’s 10 years younger. and he really did lose weight, i almost thought the pic was photoshopped and elongated somehow.
i think its his posture and the way the camera is angled, that, my lads, is a textbook power pose - chin up, strong eye contact, albeit his hands are more relaxed with one hand tucked in his back pocket......yikes i need to take a shower before i over analyze this man

in other news, my theory is confirmed. we are deppy's children. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
"you are next to me in my life"
sweetlyphan
delia smith

ame wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:40 pm
so_cheesy wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:32 pm this photo fucks with my brain. his face looks like he’s 10 years younger. and he really did lose weight, i almost thought the pic was photoshopped and elongated somehow.
i think its his posture and the way the camera is angled, that, my lads, is a textbook power pose - chin up, strong eye contact, albeit his hands are more relaxed with one hand tucked in his back pocket......yikes i need to take a shower before i over analyze this man

in other news, my theory is confirmed. we are deppy's children. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
also the amount of light gives off the illusion of being slimmer
:prideheart2:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

he looks intimidating, like he's ready to step on all of us. we're all tiny little ants.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
liola
rankussy

Okay i'm going through the spoiler tag on twitter
why in the actual fuck do all the spoilers from today involve the words dad and daddy? where is the family friendly show gone? I'm a full adult so i'm just laughing my ass off but oh, those poor 14-15 year olds with their parents :rofl:

human
dan hand trash

liola wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:35 pm Okay i'm going through the spoiler tag on twitter
why in the actual fuck do all the spoilers from today involve the words dad and daddy? where is the family friendly show gone? I'm a full adult so i'm just laughing my ass off but oh, those poor 14-15 year olds with their parents :rofl:
I wish they'd do a 18+ version of the show at the end of the tour. Omg, I could actually drink wine without feeling guilty of all the kids seeing me and it would be amazing to see their personas fall apart lol.
hello9217
flower crown

liola wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:35 pm Okay i'm going through the spoiler tag on twitter
I'm kind of glad bc everything was becoming so on brand. Cereal, houseplants, and furries. I want to see them choose some of the riskier options because then that does make every show truly different. I think that people sent in some ridiculously funny stuff, from what I've seen on twitter, and they should start going for some these instead of what's safe.
liola
rankussy

human wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:53 pm
I wish they'd do a 18+ version of the show at the end of the tour. Omg, I could actually drink wine without feeling guilty of all the kids seeing me and it would be amazing to see their personas fall apart lol.
oh my god i would be so down for it, i love to watch shows with alcohol, i remember watching Hamilton with a gin tonic and i didn't even care about the looks we got because it was 2pm lol
hello9217 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:20 pm
I'm kind of glad bc everything was becoming so on brand. Cereal, houseplants, and furries. I want to see them choose some of the riskier options because then that does make every show truly different. I think that people sent in some ridiculously funny stuff, from what I've seen on twitter, and they should start going for some these instead of what's safe.
Yes i do agree and from what i've seen from twitter they went there in both shows today, i'm hoping someone got the audio to Mandy because i wanna have more context for some of the things I've been saying. I particularly enjoy how they seem to be trying to inch away from the "omg you have no idea what you just said ugh excuse him" that was already old before it even began. They're a 31yo and almost 27yo men and if they want to give the people what they want, we want some reality in there

lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

tbh id watch dan and phil's emotionally engaging oscar nominated documentary: "how i stalked my daddy"... whens it coming out?
"you are next to me in my life"
knq
lava lamp

dads are valid members of the family how dare
sweetlyphan
delia smith

hello9217 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:20 pm
Same! The shows are starting to get repetitive especially with the "how to be a youtuber" questions. I was surprised that the first few shows had some riskier options. I wish it would have continued a little longer than a few weeks into tour. I could be totally wrong but maybe they're noticing more parents than they were expecting, so they want to play it safe?
:prideheart2:
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

So I don’t know if any of you guys watch Noodlerella but she talked about Dan and Phil in her latest video “if youtubers were Marvel/Infinity War characters” and I found her answer hilarious :rofl: (also she called Dan “danisonfire” lol)
I don’t think this qualifies as a spoiler but I’m gonna put the video in a spoiler thingy anyway!
(If I did it right there should be a time stamp!)
Start at about 4:30
Last edited by lefthandedism on Mon May 14, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmao @Grumpybisexual, thank you for linking that. I don't watch her but her answer was kind of hilarious.

Liverpool evening show spoilers.
I saw a lot of people saying Dan and Phil were in a mood and I kind of thought it might just be a more playful delivery of some of the normal lines, but no they did mix it up some this time.

Their intro banter sort of set the tone, even.

P: So, Dan has been shaming me for some reason-
D: Okay, you think you're excited for this show - we're gonna one up you, because Phil in the last hour has eaten an entire package of Percy Pigs. And I'm not joking - by himself.
P: Hey!
D: Within the last hour. Has had an entire bag of Percy Pigs.
P: I'm slightly zazzed.
D: Slightly.
P: But also, Dan was shaming me for putting three in my mouth at the same time.
D: Okay, look.
P: Is there anything wrong with that?
D: I think I heard some yeses there. I'm just saying, like, it's a big porkfest. It's just quite a lot to chew on. But that has never been something that Phil is scared by.
P: Look, I can fit-
D: What does that even mean?
P: I don't know. Look, I can't help it if Percy's face is so delicious.
D: Jesus Christ. This is the worst start to a show we've ever had.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 am lmao @Grumpybisexual, thank you for linking that. I don't watch her but her answer was kind of hilarious.

I saw a lot of people saying Dan and Phil were in a mood and I kind of thought it might just be a more playful delivery of some of the normal lines, but no they did mix it up some this time.

D: Okay, you think you're excited for this show - we're gonna one up you, because Phil in the last hour has eaten an entire package of Percy Pigs. And I'm not joking - by himself.
D: I think I heard some yeses there. I'm just saying, like, it's a big porkfest. It's just quite a lot to chew on. But that has never been something that Phil is scared by.
Bringing us that sweet content <3 <3 <3
A few people from the Liverpool evening (I think) show quoted Dan as saying "You're doing amazing sweetie" or "You tried sweetie." Tell me this is true @alittledizzy. Make my life complete. :philtrash:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

watsonian wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:32 am
alittledizzy wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 am lmao @Grumpybisexual, thank you for linking that. I don't watch her but her answer was kind of hilarious.

Bringing us that sweet content <3 <3 <3
A few people from the Liverpool evening (I think) show quoted Dan as saying "You're doing amazing sweetie" or "You tried sweetie." Tell me this is true @alittledizzy. Make my life complete. :philtrash:
also! from the Edinburgh evening show
the sock/picture in the bushes story:

P: Glad to hear that you are feeling good. I've had a lot of Irn Bru today.
D: Phil had like, two Irn Brus this morning before we did the first show, and then he had one with lunch, and then one after the next show.
P: I just can't get enough!
D: I literally think Phil is on the verge of death right now.
P: I'm so zazzed.
D: Do you even know what the flavor of Irn Bru is?
P: I don't know!
D: Caramel. Okay, obviously.
P: It's like caramel that's had some two pence coins dipped in it.
D: [??] people's blood or something.
P: I don't know what it is.
D: [??] Scottish. Is that racist? Probably.
P: Anyway, we had a delightful trip to-
D: No, no, I would say we had an awkward afternoon.
P: Well, that - I was gonna lead into that.
D: It started as a delightful trip.
P: We went to the park next to Edinburgh castle.
D: You know the one in between, is it like-
P: The low one.
D: Between superdrug and the castle there's some grass.
P: It's very pretty. Anyway, we were doing a merch photoshoot for some merch that I'm releasing-
[audience screams over them]
D: -trees and flowers and stuff, so you'll see these photos eventually.
P: Yeah you'll see those photos eventually. But anyway, there was a certain part of it where - spoiler alert - I'm releasing some socks and [audience screams] so, we thought it would be good to go behind a bush and take some pictures of my socks-
D: In the woodland.
P: In the woodland. But then what we didn't realize is when I was crawling out of the bush, there were loads-
D: There were loads of people there. And literally we see two random lads hopping out of a bush, Phil is pulling his jeans up, I'm holding a freaking camera. Literally. Literally. If any of you saw us, you wouldn't be here right now. So we can't come back, we're leaving tonight. I'd like to come back to Edinburgh but I think we'd get arrested because that looked so bad. You have no idea.
P: So we're probably banned from Edinburgh, but it's lovely to be here.