Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

It's hard to pause those Instagram videos but from what I could see, it didn't look like that long of a video (yet). Maybe 5 minutes. I'd love more insight on their editing process though! It's such a central thing that every YouTuber does but no one ever talks about it. Show us that Adobe Premierussy :stan:

Also good to know they are still using uTorrent :lol: I remember spotting that in another video as well.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Link to the song https://open.spotify.com/track/01k24g94 ... iTgCE9Om0A

Also I agree it's such a bop. I love Years & Years!
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Wow, a rare music rec from Phil as well.

And here's the intro show banter from the first Manchester show:
P: I'm feeling particularly emotional because I'm back in my home town!
D: Aww! In many ways, this is like the home town of Dan and Phil as well.
P: It is!
D: Watch out. Northern Phil might reappear at any moment. This happens whenever he comes back here.
P: It does. So many wonderful accents and I'll just be like, [northern accent] 'Hello, my name's Phil. Welcome to the show.' after ten minutes of talking to you guys.
D: If Phil busts out the word 'ace' then you know he's gotten too comfortable.
P: This is so ace.
D: Do you have any other words? You should have just been called AcePhil.
P: I should, that was my first choice.
D: That would be so much better. It's weird for us coming back, though, because so many things have changed. Like we went into town the other day and they got rid of the wheel-
P: What!
D: We were like, what?
P: Where's my wheel-
D: That ain't in the same place, excuse me. And I mean, I'm sure you all care about loads of things, but I was like - where is the Shakeaway that we got milkshakes from?
P: Yes!
D: Because is there anything more important in life than milkshakes?
P: No.
D: Devastated. But I'm happy to be here right now.
autumnhearth
senpai

^ Aww that’s kinda sweet, even if some of the reactions are a bit fake/rehashed.

Why do I want that hotel breakfast review video? Like really want it. :pancakes:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:51 pm Wow, a rare music rec from Phil as well.

And here's the intro show banter from the first Manchester show:
P: I'm feeling particularly emotional because I'm back in my home town!
D: Aww! In many ways, this is like the home town of Dan and Phil as well.
P: It is!
D: Watch out. Northern Phil might reappear at any moment. This happens whenever he comes back here.
P: It does. So many wonderful accents and I'll just be like, [northern accent] 'Hello, my name's Phil. Welcome to the show.' after ten minutes of talking to you guys.
D: If Phil busts out the word 'ace' then you know he's gotten too comfortable.
P: This is so ace.
D: Do you have any other words? You should have just been called AcePhil.
P: I should, that was my first choice.
D: That would be so much better. It's weird for us coming back, though, because so many things have changed. Like we went into town the other day and they got rid of the wheel-
P: What!
D: We were like, what?
P: Where's my wheel-
D: That ain't in the same place, excuse me. And I mean, I'm sure you all care about loads of things, but I was like - where is the Shakeaway that we got milkshakes from?
P: Yes!
D: Because is there anything more important in life than milkshakes?
P: No.
D: Devastated. But I'm happy to be here right now.
phil has good instrumental music taste, i wonder if he'd ever asked dan to learn that cover on piano.
whenever dnp mention the big wheel, i throw myself into the sun
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

I'm so glad someone finally did this.
Phantasy
woodland creature

hello9217 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 pm I'm so glad someone finally did this.
Instant classic!
ImageImage
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Phil Lester, showing the judges vulnerability and versatility. we love a confident queen!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
SquishPhan
capita£ester

New Phil video
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Omg I love how honest and natural this felt! Much less like AmazingPhil and more like Phil Lester. Almost a bit too fast paced for me though. Take a breath, m8.

Inb4 people shout "phan proof" because he stressed how he discussed this important decision with Dan for weeks.
hello9217
flower crown

I really enjoyed that. I'm glad he talked about how he was so worried that people would stop watching him without the fringe because I bet it was a large insecurity he had. Also him saying that he talked with dan for weeks over it, even though it felt like such a small thing it felt like a big deal to him.

Also yes Phil I think we can all agree that we too wish that you changed it before you did promo photos for tour.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm just echoing what everyone else said, but sign me up for Phil showing emotions and vulnerability and insecurity in a main channel video. I do think he was talking a bit fast but I'd say the process of posting the video probably made him nervous as well - I mean, his point was that he cut his hair and everything stayed fine but this is his first main channel solo video since doing so. If he's really trying to judge if it's going to have an impact on his views, if there's any part of him still nervous about that, the views of this video would be the ones he'll take as a sign either way.

I definitely - along with a lot of other people, I'm sure - still have that 'Dan and Phil in 2018, what's that about' quote rattling around in my head with every step they take in a new direction.
liola
rankussy

Oh I liked that video a lot! I was surprised he would address the topic since it's been weeks now but I like how honest and open it felt? I like how he made it very clear that it gave him anxiety about not being perceived as amazing Phil anymore and I really like that he mentioned that confidence boost that it gave him because it really is obvious and so nice to see!

I couldn't help but smile warmly at the mention of Dan, I just like how he mentioned how big it was for him and that he seeked advice and comfort!

But the bird nest emo look is not bad at all Phil, you forgot the weird sided 2012 one, now THAT was bad.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alien
procrastinator

One thing I love so much about Phil is that he's naturally funny. He doesn't have to try so hard to make jokes because usually just his delivery is funny enough on it's own. He's just so easy to watch. And I loved him talking about his confidence.

But I'm sorry Phil your worst hairstyle was the one just before the quiff. I'd take birdsnest and the super long one over legohead. But I'm glad quiff is here to stay.
dancy
procrastinator

It was really nice to hear him open up about his insecurities and interesting how his old hair was basically a security blanket. I agree that he seems more confident now and I hope he continues being genuine like this. In conclusion, I loved it <3

I gotta say I'm really enjoying the tour thus far! I try to avoid spoilers as much as I can but I love getting glimpses of D&P every day whether it's in the form of a M&G picture or an Instagram story and if they can keep up with uploading the occasional video and maybe doing a liveshow on that Rize app sometime, I'm gonna be a happy gal!

Side note but I like how the discount has really boosted the ticket sales of tonight's show, going from about 60% of tickets sold 3 weeks ago to over 90% now.

Edit: Is there something up with IDB? The website didn't work for me a little bit ago and the posts seem to be out of order?
Last edited by dancy on Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

honestly did not at all expect AmazingPhil Lester to be open and honest about his insecurities and thoughts and feelings about himself and his channel and his viewers on AmazingPhil but here we are

first and foremost, bless this hair cut and the quiffening and bless his blossoming confidence as a result. it has been bleeding out of his pores since it happened and i am so here for it and so grateful for it

him talking about AmazingPhil as a Limiting Figure in his head that constrained and limited him (to whatever extent it did) in what he did/does and what he looks like and through that very minutely differentiating between him and AmazingPhil, mentioning his hair as a security blanket, talking about wanting to keep what he saw as his only/main distinguishing feature that defined him in essence, yes, thank you, thank you a lot

saying the hair cut has made a huge difference to and for him, his resounding confidence in addition to indirectly saying it was ‘a little boost in happiness that [he] didn’t know [he] needed’. man, phil lester in 2018

also, the mention of dan being an important part of the process, being an important part of his decision making, the back and forth… yes i love it

after vids like ‘drawing my viewers challenge’ it really does feel like, at least to me, a dose of sincerity that his channel ~needed or at least something that i was hoping & didn’t know i was looking for

and, yeah, ultimately it was a 6 minute video about his hair, of which 30 seconds of it was about hotels and their amenities but it honestly feels like a Step Forward for him. i would argue that this type of video isn’t just a small and easy to film and throw up on his channel video for him but is rather a careful and small showing of vulnerability from him and i very sincerely and genuinely hope he continues on this path

just going to wait for the day he quietly drops the Amazing
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That was such a lovely video and so surprisingly honest and refreshing! If this is the content we're getting from quiffed Phil, sign me up!

I also just really loved him mentioning how he fretted about it to Dan. Such a casual, but important mention. IDK man. I feel like I'm emotional about Phan 24/7 now.

Side note, totally called it on someone making that meme into a M&G pose. Looking forward to other variations!
onomatopoeia
squish

i feel like this is the first time phil's ever spoken so naturally about his feelings on amazingphil and i'm feeling A Lot ;_;
him looking so frickin good also didn't help. the fringe and the demin jacket are doing things to me
000dia000
emo goose

Nice cute video. Felt like one of the short vlogs Phil would upload when he uploaded regularly no I'm not crying. The funniest moment for me was when he was talking about his forehead and just gave it a good cheeky slap. I'm kind of happy he addressed his long hair, for some reason. I was always curious about it. So he grew it out because he was supposed to play a "greasy nerd"? But then he kept it? Accidental self-burn lmao.

It was so strange though hearing his own psycho analysis on himself and his justification for keeping his hair as a safety net, for his image, and with the mentality that he would upset fans. Felt weird, like the lines were quoted straight out of an IDB discussion. Tbh goes to show how usually the most logical reason is the actual reason.

I definitely agree on the new confidence thing! Phil just seems to glow recently. This hair change was one of the best things ever. I'm looking forward to listening to their music recs, I've discovered so many artists through Dan.
:cactus:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I was not expecting this kind of AP vid, but I'm here for it. It did feel like a very honest video which is why I loved it so much.
He looked really good, so I am glad he is embracing this hairstyle. :love1:
Philena
blobfish

I was nodding along to Phil's analysis on why he shouldn't have kept his hair for 8 years while also thinking: yeah, but you should keep your current hair forever. And also wear that denim jacket every single day.

What a nice, honest video!
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Nope, I'm not crying, I just have a huge chunk of Confidence in my eye :sobs:
Honestly though, it's crazy how much a haircut can do! He looks so much happier and lot more like himself and I just Love Him A Lot ; _ ;

And @alien I totally agree! The pre-quiff hairstyle was the worst! *sorry phil*
noodlebum
flower crown

Bless Phil, what a sweetie.

Also I liked both their music recommendations - will have to keep my eye out for anymore in future as usually tune out of their (mostly Dans) music-rants.
hello9217
flower crown

Apparently the Lester family, at least Kath and Aunt Roz, are at the Manchester show right now.