Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Very high energy video, but I still enjoyed it immensely. Dan was a bit Much with the bragging this video, but still funny. Felt like there were more innuendos than usual (or maybe they were just more direct about it)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i liked it, their banter and teasing reminds me of my best friend and i, except i'm not completely fond or in love when she does it. instead, we smack and choke each other (playfully, i luv her)
also, i never ever want to hear dan say
"ride it"
a bunch of times over and over again. ever.
good viddy!!!!
i missed gwf! i hope they do the pirate level!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
drearyquery
drama llama

Ahh that was so good!! I was getting a little annoyed with dan early on but the second half/end totally made up for that. Also I always love how as competitive as they are he can’t help being a supportive bf (17:45)

I honestly don’t think they’ve hired an editor. It doesn’t seem gaming videos would be that intensive to edit and they’ve had a decent amount of sitting around time between shows so I don’t know why they would need to.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I've noticed a lot of people saying they were getting a bit annoyed with Dan and stuff along those lines, and I get it...but that's also part of what I liked about the video? I don't know if that makes sense. He was just being completely himself and doing annoying things and making a lot of noises, and I almost expected Phil to just smack him and tell him to stop at some point. But, I really like seeing all the aspects of their personalities, even the not-so-great ones. I might be in the minority for this, but give me all the annoying ticks and habits, let me see it all. Like I said in an earlier post, it completely felt like watching them play a game on their own time, and there wasn't very often where it felt like they were hamming it up for the cameras. I got a very domestic feel from the video.
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

The Golf With Friends series might be my favorite one they do so I obviously loved this. :love2: The innuendos were great as always and I just like the vibe of these vids.
forforever
smol bean

I loved this video! I know Dan is annoying, but I think that's half his charm. He was cracking me up in this video (but so was Phil). Also, I don't know if it's because I don't have a nuanced eye or something, but I don't see anything different about the editing in this video. It seems very Dan and Phil to me.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 pm I've noticed a lot of people saying they were getting a bit annoyed with Dan and stuff along those lines, and I get it...but that's also part of what I liked about the video? I don't know if that makes sense. He was just being completely himself and doing annoying things and making a lot of noises, and I almost expected Phil to just smack him and tell him to stop at some point. But, I really like seeing all the aspects of their personalities, even the not-so-great ones. I might be in the minority for this, but give me all the annoying ticks and habits, let me see it all. Like I said in an earlier post, it completely felt like watching them play a game on their own time, and there wasn't very often where it felt like they were hamming it up for the cameras. I got a very domestic feel from the video.
Dan was a lot in this video but what saved it for me is that it was all in good fun and they were both in silly moods throughout the video. I personally loved that every time Dan started up with his noises or statements, Phil would have the fondest smile on his face. If anything these videos just reinforce how much they genuinely like each others company.
ratlad
angel bean

@whatdoiknow i agree completely! i wanna see those sides of them, if dan wasn't "annoying" then he'd be faking his reactions. i'm almost exactly like that tbh. i thought people wanted dnp to be themselves with no filter? (to an extent)
i like his childish behavior and teasing, i think that's a really personal thing between him and phil, they definitely do that in private as well, no doubt.
also lol at phil almost dropping the f-bomb.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

a minute in and im like "i dont know whats happening but i think i like it"

im laughing at the fact that they tried to censor their curse words in the beginning but just got too heated up to keep censoring themselves towards the end. there were plenty more bants that made me laugh so much that i was gunna do a timestamp but i just kept on forgetting cz i was too busy laughing. then like, the more bratty and high pitched dan was the lower phil's voice was? how does this science work? i loved how whenever one of them starts a "thing", the other will copy it or add more to it (case in point: 15:46) there were so many other examples of that but thats just one that stood out to me. also it seems like their innuendos are just insatiable, eh?

is it just me or is there more playful touching than last time? (phil wanting to boink dans hair, playful punching on the arm, zooming into each others faces leaving about 5 inches apart, phil constantly leaning into dan like the tower of pisa, dan doing that phil thing where they slowly lean into the other's chest/lap)i love that theyre just so comfortable

and i just want to point out...

6:58 - "you ok mate? ma-eight? youre my ma-eight. cz you only ever get eight" ok dan
"you are next to me in my life"
lesterchuu
philussy

ratlad wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:22 pm @whatdoiknow i agree completely! i wanna see those sides of them, if dan wasn't "annoying" then he'd be faking his reactions. i'm almost exactly like that tbh. i thought people wanted dnp to be themselves with no filter? (to an extent)
i like his childish behavior and teasing, i think that's a really personal thing between him and phil, they definitely do that in private as well, no doubt.
also lol at phil almost dropping the f-bomb.
honestly, i agree with both of you. personally, i dont find this side of him "annoying" at all. in fact, i genuinely dont understand how people see it as annoying? is it because of his tone of voice? his playful cockiness? to me, its like a puppy trying to play fight with you. it looks aggressive but its not really something that should be taken seriously. and phil knows that.

if anything, i find it ironic how people want them to be nofilter yet feel uncomfortable when they do show their honest selves. i dont think its anything bad, but just be understanding and keep an open mind.
hello9217
flower crown

I love the golfing videos so much. They just seem to spew whatever bs comes into their head without thinking. I really liked dan in this video. I enjoy the high energy and him saying these ridiculous lines that only he can think of, it makes me laugh a lot. Also the editing did not seem different to anything other golfing video they've made. To me it wouldn't make much since for them to hire an editor. They do get a lot of breaks in between and they are only uploading one video a week so it's not that much effort. The only thing that I found to be slightly annoying was phil's computer being really laggy. Like I think its time to get a new laptop Philly.
lesterchuu
philussy

hello9217 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 pm I love the golfing videos so much. They just seem to spew whatever bs comes into their head without thinking. I really liked dan in this video. I enjoy the high energy and him saying these ridiculous lines that only he can think of, it makes me laugh a lot. Also the editing did not seem different to anything other golfing video they've made. To me it wouldn't make much since for them to hire an editor. They do get a lot of breaks in between and they are only uploading one video a week so it's not that much effort. The only thing that I found to be slightly annoying was phil's computer being really laggy. Like I think its time to get a new laptop Philly.
ive never had macs but i heard they hve terrible compatibility with most games, but yes phil go get a new laptop
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:23 pm I am 6 minutes in and honestly I need a break. What's up with this editing? It's so stressful! I don't need a zoom and spin and jpgs popping up all the time.
Whoever they hired needs to chill a bit, they're trying too hard to make it like what we are used to and now it's become an editing overkill.
I definitely don't think they have an editor. I think a lot of Phil's shots probably weren't usable because his computer was so laggy/slow and they were filling in for that with all the effects.

If there's anything they have time for right now, it's editing. Long hours in a car, lots of time in a hotel room probably just resting so they're not exhausted on show days.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

I really liked this video omg. It was so high energy. I didn’t find dan annoying tbh. I actually laughed at a lot of the things he said
:transheart:
Speedygonz33
squish

Was wondering when they filmed this video. Also yeah too much Dan yelling and singing and annoying editing in this video in my opinion. Was starting to give me a headache
ratlad
angel bean

i can't wait for phil's insta story of a bath bomb in 3 hrs after dan has his :devious:
also what the hell is a jelly bomb? is it just a bath bomb with useless scented jelly? or does it serve as a body wash as well?
autumnhearth
senpai

Second story isn’t on there yet, but it’s very dark and murky.
ratlad wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:25 pm i can't wait for phil's insta story of a bath bomb in 3 hrs after dan has his :devious:
also what the hell is a jelly bomb? is it just a bath bomb with useless scented jelly? or does it serve as a body wash as well?
This explains it, but in short there is a jelly inside made from seaweed:

https://uk.lush.com/article/everything- ... elly-bombs

Dan’s looks like Secret Arts and I would bet anything Phil got a Marmalade.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh golf videos. You actual gifts from heaven. :love2: :love2: :love2:

"Your kink is missing holes."
*directly looks into the camera*
"Phil is very lonely."

That's just one of the many great one liners and innuendos, but it's probably the one that made me laugh the hardest because it was one I didn't expect yet it was so clever. Dan really had the upper hand on the banter today (he also had the upper hand on golf until karma came for his bratty ass).

And yeah, Dan was also very punch-able in this video and it did annoy me at times. But it worked for the entertainment value and it made Phil's victory taste so much sweeter as well. Dan has always been this person for me who I can enjoy and love online, but I would scratch his eyes out IRL. Phil is an unbothered Saint. Patron Saint of Capitalism.

I still don't think they have an editor, for all the reasons listed by dizzy and hello9217 and tbh I really don't notice a difference? Nothing that stands out enough for me to notice anyway,

I can't wait to edit a bathbomb compilation today. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

logsmack.com

Well played, guys. Well played.
lesterchuu
philussy

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:32 pm logsmack.com

Well played, guys. Well played.
ohmygod

wait did they actually make that or one of the people in the fandom did
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Good grief, another actual url? Cheeky gits. That was a whirlwind. Even before Dan got uber bratty I wasn’t sure I was in the mood for 20 minutes of golf, but then it picked up. Dan was hilarious, though seeing what people say, I think when I was younger I’d have taken that teasing personally and even now it would be annoying if I didn’t know him well. I was amused that he lost after all that (heck, I was amused at him calling the swinging things spank paddles). He came out with some funny words too, schnoop was cute. That head-boop, though, that was so cute. Also them getting in each other’s faces as if they were going to fight. One day I’d love to see a Dan vs Phil wrestling match on the floor. Who’d win and would either of them play dirty?

Loved that photo of Phil earlier, strong stance and he’s framed well by the light. Another bath bomb too. Jelly bomb sounds fun.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Dan sure is getting as many insta stories as he can out of one bath bomb
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

does dan only take baths is that his job

(the gaming video was great! i'm always here for 20min of them being extremely weird, competitive and flirty)
autumnhearth
senpai

I hate him. Frickin charcoal face mask jump scare.
starwatersong
phabergé

The money compilation said his laptop was from 2013 — it’s time, Phil.

I thought the video was delightful — Dan’s bratty behaviour made the rest of the video better, and the course looked very cool.

“The Bath Bomb Chronicles: A Daniel Howell Story” was amusing.