Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
human
dan hand trash

Ablissa wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 pm Phil's hair makes me feel things. It looks so, so much better. I never thought I'd see the day he embraced the quiff and what a magnificent quiff it is. <3

@human you look so lovely oh my gosh!!! Love your hair, love the shirt and love the pose on your m&g pic, Dan's expression makes me smile. I'm glad you enjoyed your m&g!! I can't wait for mine in June but I'm also terrified. How long do they last on this tour? Like one minute or less?
Aww bless you, thank you. I didn’t want a pic of him having to hug me when I’m not 100% sure he’s ok with it so I said I was just going to point to the shirt and he could make a face that illustrated how he felt about it.

Cutest thing is that it’s a live pic and the end of it just captures him pulling this face lol.
This m&g felt less rushed than Tatinof or a convention to me. I asked Marianne fs we could have a group pic too and she said that was fine, the guys seemed to recognise us and were happy to chat. They are so lovely and I would definitely recommend meeting them if anyone is equally fortunate to do so and the opportunity arises. They are just lovely to meet and so sweet and endearing.

We were prolly getting 2ish mins each with them which felt plenty long enough for a few words, pics, getting something signed and our group pic and chat. There were 3 of us.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

missemma wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:47 pm
The star looks like he tried to draw a heart but then messed up and tried to save it by turning it into a star :lol:
tayane
placenta

hello i'm very intimidated by you all but have o ask this because is really bothering me, i saw that dan and phil met loads of people outside the venue. Did they had any security with them? do you think they will be more careful in america?
all this shootings there are making me anxious lol
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

human wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm
Ablissa wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 pm Phil's hair makes me feel things. It looks so, so much better. I never thought I'd see the day he embraced the quiff and what a magnificent quiff it is. <3

@human you look so lovely oh my gosh!!! Love your hair, love the shirt and love the pose on your m&g pic, Dan's expression makes me smile. I'm glad you enjoyed your m&g!! I can't wait for mine in June but I'm also terrified. How long do they last on this tour? Like one minute or less?
Aww bless you, thank you. I didn’t want a pic of him having to hug me when I’m not 100% sure he’s ok with it so I said I was just going to point to the shirt and he could make a face that illustrated how he felt about it.

Cutest thing is that it’s a live pic and the end of it just captures him pulling this face lol.
Can I stan you just for this? <3

I stumbled across a thread of tweets like a week ago from VIP fans saying they were going to tell Dan to stop giving "bitch" hugs because he holds people away with one hand while hugging with the other and I'm still angry about it. A week ago. Don't even know who those fans were. Fully aware they probably went to the VIP and were as intimidated as anyone and strung 4 words together, none of which were "bitch." Still mad. :shrug:

Probs salty because I hug that way too and sometimes people (straight men who lack boundaries) complain. Like, I like you, but that doesn't mean I want to press my boobs against you. You will take my side hug and you will appreciate it or there will be no further hugging.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

watsonian wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:06 pm
human wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm Aww bless you, thank you. I didn’t want a pic of him having to hug me when I’m not 100% sure he’s ok with it so I said I was just going to point to the shirt and he could make a face that illustrated how he felt about it.

Can I stan you just for this? <3

I stumbled across a thread of tweets like a week ago from VIP fans saying they were going to tell Dan to stop giving "bitch" hugs because he holds people away with one hand while hugging with the other and I'm still angry about it. A week ago. Don't even know who those fans were. Fully aware they probably went to the VIP and were as intimidated as anyone and strung 4 words together, none of which were "bitch." Still mad. :shrug:

Probs salty because I hug that way too and sometimes people (straight men who lack boundaries) complain. Like, I like you, but that doesn't mean I want to press my boobs against you. You will take my side hug and you will appreciate it or there will be no further hugging.
I wish Dan would feel comfortable just telling people to keep their distance if he really doesn't like hugs; no one is entitled to get one, especially at the expense of his comfort. I can understand why he might feel like he has to oblige, even if he personally isn't fond of physical contact with every stranger he meets; but I hope he doesn't feel like he can't refuse, because I'm sure lots of people would understand. He wouldn't be the only celebrity averse to hugs, and lots of them have boundaries such as no photos, touching, etc.- Dan would definitely benefit from establishing such boundaries if he's truly uncomfortable.
tayane wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:23 pm hello i'm very intimidated by you all but have o ask this because is really bothering me, i saw that dan and phil met loads of people outside the venue. Did they had any security with them? do you think they will be more careful in america?
I wouldn't worry about that too much; the gun situation in the US is bad but it's not likely to affect the boys. A lot of the gun violence that gets publicized are mass shootings, that target people at random; not assassinations, which is what it would be if someone targeted DnP specifically. However, I'm sure they've taken security into account and are going to be completely safe the whole time. There was still a huge gun problem back during TATINOF, but they were fine: most likely due to security measures they and their team took to keep safe.

Even for audiences at big arenas and theatres, I think the risk of a mass shooting is very low because of the heighten security these venues have now to ensure safety- things like bag checks, weapon bans, etc. With all of the tragedy on the news it's easy to feel like mass shootings are a constant risk but they're still an unlike event to occur at any one time or place. That's just my take on it- I'm embarrassed as an American because of ample gun violence, but I don't actively fear it in public venues. Because of the statistical improbablity and measures taken to prevent anything bad happening, I really think Dan and Phil will be safe, as well as their audiences; although to be fair, you never know 100% anymore, especially in the states.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
sweetlyphan
delia smith

tayane wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:23 pm hello i'm very intimidated by you all but have o ask this because is really bothering me, i saw that dan and phil met loads of people outside the venue. Did they had any security with them? do you think they will be more careful in america?
I don't know if this needs a trigger warning but I'm going to put it anyway. Since I'm going to be mentioning guns.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a bit nervous about them coming to America. I was a little nervous during the American tatinof dates for the same reason. From what I've heard about UK gun laws is they're pretty strict so the chance (god forbid) someone would show up with a gun is pretty low. But I assume they still have security around them in the UK for other reasons. I hope they are more careful in the US, they probably will be especially since someone already made a threat a month ago. Thankfully security already took care of that and she isn't allowed to come to the show. I also hate knowing that some of the places they are going are minutes away from where we've had some of the biggest tragedies (Parkland being one).
:prideheart2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is from a few days ago (the Plymouth show, I'm guessing?) but it's adorable.
sweetlyphan wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:08 pm
I don't know if this needs a trigger warning but I'm going to put it anyway. Since I'm going to be mentioning guns.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a bit nervous about them coming to America. I was a little nervous during the American tatinof dates for the same reason. From what I've heard about UK gun laws is they're pretty strict so the chance (god forbid) someone would show up with a gun is pretty low. But I assume they still have security around them in the UK for other reasons. I hope they are more careful in the US, they probably will be especially since someone already made a threat a month ago. Thankfully security already took care of that and she isn't allowed to come to the show. I also hate knowing that some of the places they are going are minutes away from where we've had some of the biggest tragedies (Parkland being one).
Dan and Phil were on tour when Christina Grimmie was killed by a disgruntled fan. I remember a lot of intense - and not entirely unwarranted - fear over their safety in the aftermath of that.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:29 pm This is from a few days ago (the Plymouth show, I'm guessing?) but it's adorable.
"I just said something nice then took it back with my face" - Dan's M.O. tbh. Please refer to all bath bomb with scary face-mask IG stories with questions.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

human wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm Just pimping my pic with Dan cos it makes me smile. He said “I love what you’ve done with it!” as soon as he saw it and Phil suggested they should just sell these. I told Dan I’d cut holes into it and hopefully that made him feel better and he said “the danosaurs are back and this time they’re edgy” lol. Lovely m&g experience, sweet sweet boys as usual. Always a pleasure.
Marianne is also lovely as usual, a queen.

Phil’s quiff in rl is a thing of beauty. A true wonder to behold. We are now back at the pub until showtime.
I love everything about this so much oh my gosh. Phil suggesting they should sell them as well, he really never disappoints. :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hello9217
flower crown

Under a spoiler because it is a recording from tonights show but I really doubt this would be at any other show :lol:
tylybb
smol bean

For people who have been to see the show already, around how long did it go?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Today's intro story... (because yes, I'm only 20 minutes in but the show is already That Good that I just want to quote it on here.)
P: So, interesting fact - today we found out that we are actually twins.
D: Yes, yeah, that's true. Biological twins, that makes all the fanfiction awkward. Context. Quickly.
P: Okay I'll give you some context. Went out for breakfast in the hotel, and a lady came up to us and went 'are you two twins?' I was like - I mean, before the hair change -
D: Here's the thing, I think, this is the thing - we get that a lot. Because it's like, two people, they're tall [??] am I right. When we had the same hair, if you look at us it's like, clearly Phil's not even the same species-
P: Hey!
D: But that made sense. But now it's like, what is that based on?
P: What were they thinking?
D: I don't know! But I said yes, obviously.
P: Yes.
D: Whatever shuts down the conversation the quickest. I didn't want to be like, no, no, we're not - I just went, yep.
P: I can't believe you said yes!
D: So if you're in here now, I'm sorry we deceived you okay, that's bad.
animad
squish

Im just on my home from the leeds show i need to just need to stream of consciousness my thoughts some where so:
That was so so so good, they're so lovely to watch on stage like there was a part of me that wasn't expecting that. I never saw tatinof live but I've watched it on YouTube but it's so easy to tell they're much more confident and less exagarated on stage this time round which is so nice to see. They made me genuinely laugh so many times and I loved it when they made themselves laugh and kept catching each other off gaurd with what they said. (I know a lot of it was probably scripted or jokes from previous shows that worked and they kept but it was still funny).

I don't know if it was normal that they made so many references to Satan usually but that was a big thing this show.

Also there was a bit after the x rated Lester but where can pushed Phil off the hexagon slightly then Phil went to kicked dan just as dan turned around so it looked like he kicked dan up the butt people laughed a lot and started chanting fight which was really funny and something I don't think they were expecting.

As a sidenote I was by myself and had a girl not more than 10 on one side who didn't get half the jokes and a dad on my other side who definitely did and that just amused me.

But yeah it was much much less cringey than I was expecting and I can't wait for it be to filmed so I can watch it again.

Also also the piano was under a sheet to the side and two guys braught out the wheel on stage? I always thought those things where going to be behind the middle screen which lifts up reveal style, also i was expecting dan to be spun round on the wheel. Have those things been taken out, probably due to logistics which I totally get or does it depend on the side of the stage or something?

10/10 recommend anyways.
@tylybb It started 7pm and finished 9.25pm
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Tonight’s show
was probably my favourite one so far. They were in a very funny mood, every other line seemed to be an innuendo of some sort, they bounced off each other a lot. We were on the front row and it was so close it was like 1080p and I got Dan spit on my hand at least twice 😂

They had a few play fights and the crowd chanted “fight fight fight” which was hilarious! I hope their bants continue for the next few shows
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Winston
flower crown

human wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm Just pimping my pic with Dan cos it makes me smile. He said “I love what you’ve done with it!” as soon as he saw it and Phil suggested they should just sell these. I told Dan I’d cut holes into it and hopefully that made him feel better and he said “the danosaurs are back and this time they’re edgy” lol. Lovely m&g experience, sweet sweet boys as usual. Always a pleasure.
Marianne is also lovely as usual, a queen.

Phil’s quiff in rl is a thing of beauty. A true wonder to behold. We are now back at the pub until showtime.
HUMAN!!! :stan: I saw this pic and, my goodness, it's a thing of pure beauty. You look great and Dan's expression is priceless. I too would do the no hug thing, because he seems iffy on them but also I am not so keen either. I love it, it's great. I'm so happy you all had such a good time, and all looked great in your pics. Hope you weren't too hung over the next morning. :love2:
actions speak louder than words
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

dancy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:13 pm
whelpkeeper wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:09 am
alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:32 pm logsmack.com

Well played, guys. Well played.
Is there any chance there's a list out there with all of the gag URLs DnP have mentioned in videos but then actually bought and redirected to one of their own websites? I've tried looking in the past but couldn't find anything.
Hmm, all I remember is moistbreadslap.com but that one doesn't work anymore. And logsmack.com doesn't seem to work either now for me?
late but i'm here to add ballclash.com and cushionstack.com
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Uhf, I love your photo, human, you both look so good and comfortable. It's nice to see him leaning in like that and I'm glad he could see his old branding doesn't have to be dead of cringe.
Wow, that video clip is amazing. They've got such long legs they can kick each other from that far away :rofl: It's funny to see such playful ad libs and them actually pushing each other. Roll on the jelly-wrestling :thumb:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

CUTE!!!!! <3
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

If anyone is interested I just wrote a review of the show in the Leeds thread.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
obvsly
#relatable

Just read your review @missemma and I wanna say THANK YOU so much for sharing your experience! This seemed such a great show and you guys did slay in those red caps. 8-) I'm sure you made DnP happy too. :tu:

I made a donation to Phandom Gives before I saw all these lovely gifts, hopefully I'm also eligible for the giveaway draw (and that you ship internationally haha.) But I'm totally ok if not since it's for such a great cause. Thank you again!
noodlebum
flower crown

Hi, random question but have any of you ever owned one of their Japan backpacks?
I love backpacks but my most recent one has finally died and the backpack trend seems to have died on the highstreet.
I quite like the black glittery one in their shop though, as it has the outside and inside pockets I like. Was just checking how waterproof they were, and how much stuff you could get in, if you've had them before/still own them? Thanks!
Jealous of you all going to see their show :)
000dia000
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:28 pm Today's intro story... (because yes, I'm only 20 minutes in but the show is already That Good that I just want to quote it on here.)
P: So, interesting fact - today we found out that we are actually twins.
D: Yes, yeah, that's true. Biological twins, that makes all the fanfiction awkward. Context. Quickly.
P: Okay I'll give you some context. Went out for breakfast in the hotel, and a lady came up to us and went 'are you two twins?' I was like - I mean, before the hair change -
D: Here's the thing, I think, this is the thing - we get that a lot. Because it's like, two people, they're tall [??] am I right. When we had the same hair, if you look at us it's like, clearly Phil's not even the same species-
P: Hey!
D: But that made sense. But now it's like, what is that based on?
P: What were they thinking?
D: I don't know! But I said yes, obviously.
P: Yes.
D: Whatever shuts down the conversation the quickest. I didn't want to be like, no, no, we're not - I just went, yep.
P: I can't believe you said yes!
D: So if you're in here now, I'm sorry we deceived you okay, that's bad.
Lmao I love hearing stories about them being mistaken as twins, or at the very least brothers. I think when I first started watching them, I thought they were brothers as they seemed very pally lol. To be very honest, it took quite a few watches of their videos to actually tell them apart.
:cactus:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

@obvsly as long as you didn't use gift aid and were not anonymous you should be eligible. Since you mentioned shipping I'm assuming you didn't use gift aid. Just message me your social media handle and site with some details (name you used and amount) so I can update my spreadsheet.

Dan's train FU tweet made twitter's 11 funniest British tweets of the week

You can't seem to embed them but here's the link
https://twitter.com/i/moments/997030953221582848
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

okay im very slow and didn’t give it much thought when it happened but.... i just understood dan’s train FU tweet and i feel like a new person
a little bit ashamed it took me that long
:gayaf: