Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:35 pm
Thoughts on the girl kissing Dan ~scandal? Think they'll buckle down on that rule today? It was apparently already in the written instructions (for at least one venue, maybe all of them?) but someone was feeling brave anyway.
Thoughts are the girl asked and he said yes but I definitely don’t think it’s something that should be repeated. Dan already looks slightly uncomfortable when people hug him, personal space issues I get it, so to do that just seems a tad rude. Especially if VIPs get an email saying not to do it. Idk I just find it kind of weird. I know other “celebrities” do it all the time, which was the overwhelming argument on twitter, but dnp don’t and have turned it down in the past. I guess my final thought is why would you want to do something that would make your fave uncomfortable?
Loafer
sofa crease

hello9217 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:46 pm
Thoughts on the girl kissing Dan ~scandal? Think they'll buckle down on that rule today? It was apparently already in the written instructions (for at least one venue, maybe all of them?) but someone was feeling brave anyway.
Thoughts are the girl asked and he said yes but I definitely don’t think it’s something that should be repeated. Dan already looks slightly uncomfortable when people hug him, personal space issues I get it, so to do that just seems a tad rude. Especially if VIPs get an email saying not to do it. Idk I just find it kind of weird. I know other “celebrities” do it all the time, which was the overwhelming argument on twitter, but dnp don’t and have turned it down in the past. I guess my final thought is why would you want to do something that would make your fave uncomfortable?
I’m glad to hear she asked. It’s not much of a scandal imo, but the girl definitely knew she shouldn’t have done it, unfortunately they are always going to have selfish or inconsiderate fans who tend to forget that their “idols” are real people too. If it really bothers them, then I’m sure they will start asking people not to, or for like air kisses or something.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Loafer wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:05 pm
I’m glad to hear she asked. It’s not much of a scandal imo, but the girl definitely knew she shouldn’t have done it, unfortunately they are always going to have selfish or inconsiderate fans who tend to forget that their “idols” are real people too. If it really bothers them, then I’m sure they will start asking people not to, or for like air kisses or something.
I think the interesting thing is that they already asked people not to. At least one person has already showed the pre-meet and greet message that specifies no kisses. But I do think Dan and Phil are very, very eager to not have to directly say no to fans and lose some of that 'they love us, they're so nice to us' reputation. Like the girl who asked them to hold her up - they went along with it but from the video it was very obvious it was a matter of them being visibly uncomfortable but caught off guard.

That said, yeah, they are adults, if something is too far beyond a line it's ultimately on them to say no. The fact that she apparently asked is why I said ~scandal the way I did, technically speaking there is no scandal. Just another facet of a conversation and sometimes debate fans often have. How much are you entitled to when you're paying for a youtuber's time, and is going the 'ask forgiveness not permission' method (considering it was already against the rules and apparently they asked Dan directly and not Marianne/security) really such a shrug-worthy thing when you're talking about real people even if this isn't the first time (and won't be the last time) that this has happened?
knq
lava lamp

My thoughts are that I didn't know enough about this to have thoughts so I searched twitter. In the photo dnp are both posing and Dan looks as fine with it as he does in any standard M&G photo. If too many fans want to kiss them and Dan and/or Phil aren't comfortable with it (or don't have time) they'll start saying no.

As the fan got a VIP ticket at the event from someone else, she wouldn't have gotten the emails with the 'rules.' Added to that she had Dan's permission to kiss him, I don't think she did anything wrong. :shrug: Yes, Dan seems uncomfortable in most M&G photos, videos, and so on to me, but he chooses to do them, and my perception that he 'looks' uncomfortable is extremely subjective. I don't expect others to respond to that the way I would, you know?

Phil's playing with the puppy filter on IG stories. Apparently all you need to do is ask @alittledizzy!
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

a lot of people think that either they're the exception to what a famous person has already said is their boundary or they know the person won't say no, especially in a meet and greet type of session because they don't want to cause a hold up or any kind of fuss. big famous people have the management to jump in and say something isn't allowed so the celebrity can just look apologetic but explaining themselves why they don't want to might not be done well and could cause a bigger twitter fuss about being rude
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
dancy
procrastinator

She asked and he consented to it and they have apparently already said no when a fan asked if they could kiss their cheek, so I think it's all fine in this case and they are capable of rejecting a request. However, I do hope it won't get repeated because the fact that at least one venue told VIP's not to kiss D&P does tell me they're not entirely comfortable with it. The email I got doesn't say anything about not kissing them though :shrug:
rizzo wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm Does anyone know what ticket sales look like in Russia? V curious what kind of crowd they'll be performing to.
The first show has 281 out of 1491 tickets left and the second one 303, so that's around 80% of tickets sold in both cases.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

what photo are y'all talking about?
also how does someone say 'no' to that in a way that won't offend the fan? i just want everyone to keep their mouths off stranger's faces in a rushed setting where there's hardly any time for negotiation.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
so_cheesy
butt chair

I don't really understand the fuss about this. If people with VIP tickets get an email about the rules of the m&g, they should accept them and behave accordingly. If someone sells a VIP ticket, it should be their bloody responsibility to inform the buyer about the details. I'm sure this was a lesson for everybody, next time they'll be more careful, including the fans, the crew of the venue and Dan and Phil themselves, too.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Belfast spoilers from transcripts, ahoy!
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:18 pmI'm scared of balloons. Does this make me weird? What scares you, Dan and Phil?
P: Well Dan is rusty chains under the sea.
D: Not rusty, slippery.
P: Slippery.
D: It's very specific.
P: I don't think it's weird that you're scared of balloons, everyone's got a fear, everyone's scared of something.
D: I mean, balloons, it's like the anticipation of it just popping at any moment.
P: Exactly.
D: It's stressful. I understand that completely.
P: I do understand that.
D: But what's your answer, Phil?
P: I have this weird fear - first of all, of the deep ocean, and I have had that ever since I was a kid.
D: And a slimy chain.
P: Stop with that. The other thing is, horses for some reason. It's not like a full on phobia but they do creep me out. I think it's - I don't know what they're gonna do with their legs.
D: So your worst nightmare is you're stranded in the middle of the Pacific ocean and then all of a sudden a horse starts swimming towards you.
P: Yes! Oh no.
D: And you're like, get away from me, and it's like, hello Phil. That would be incredibly disturbing.
P: But just imagine if you're just asleep and you wake up and there's a horse in your bedroom.
D: Why would there be a horse in your bedroom?
P: They're creepy, I don't trust their motives.
D: If that happened, we would be scared.
We? We? You would both be scared if there was a horse in Phil's bedroom? We?!

My goggles are strapped tight, y'all. Don't @ me.
dancy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm
rizzo wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm Does anyone know what ticket sales look like in Russia? V curious what kind of crowd they'll be performing to.
The first show has 281 out of 1491 tickets left and the second one 303, so that's around 80% of tickets sold in both cases.
TY!!!!
parallel
phabergé

I feel like in a M&G, you can be expected to have people who want you to do uncomfortable poses—including people who want kisses/them to kiss you/whatever, and I think it's the people getting met's (the celebrities/public figures/whatever the politically correct word is for important people) responsibility to set those boundaries.

Personally I wouldn't ask for something like that, but I would expect for it to be asked. If that made Deppy uncomfortable I hope they can make it clear that that's not okay in future.
liola
rankussy

Is this a spoiler? Who knows
kath is there again! I only saw her in the brief video that was posted, I would love to get some pic/insta stories of mama Lester, her boys and their partners 💙💙💙
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean

rizzo wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:42 pm Belfast spoilers from transcripts, ahoy!
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:18 pmI'm scared of balloons. Does this make me weird? What scares you, Dan and Phil?
P: I don't think it's weird that you're scared of balloons, everyone's got a fear, everyone's scared of something.
D: I mean, balloons, it's like the anticipation of it just popping at any moment.
P: I have this weird fear - first of all, of the deep ocean, and I have had that ever since I was a kid.
P: Stop with that. The other thing is, horses for some reason. It's not like a full on phobia but they do creep me out. I think it's - I don't know what they're gonna do with their legs.
D: So your worst nightmare is you're stranded in the middle of the Pacific ocean and then all of a sudden a horse starts swimming towards you.
D: And you're like, get away from me, and it's like, hello Phil. That would be incredibly disturbing.
P: But just imagine if you're just asleep and you wake up and there's a horse in your bedroom.

The clacking on the cold tile floor had awoken him, eyes darting open in the dark room.
He checked the time
half past 4 in the morning.
The clacking got closer and louder, whatever it was it was coming to get him.
Phil scrambled to his right side, reaching for the lamp on his nightstand.
When he turned it on, his senses were still adjusting to the suddenness of what he was hearing and what could possibly be lurking in the darkness of the night. Bringing his fists to his eyes he rubbed the sleep out of them, that gave an opportunity for that.. "thing".. to move closer.

Click.
Clack.
Click.
Clack.

Phil hesitated to open his eyes as horrendous thoughts swarmed his mind, he eventually gave into his eagerness to take the chance to see what stood before him.
A 6 foot figure with an extended neck and lanky limbs was staring back at him. Everything was still pretty blurry, he couldn't make out what it exactly was.

"Dan..?"
Phil spoke.

No response. Normally, his flatmate had a tendency of speaking, but whatever was in Phil's room definitely was not Dan..
He started fishing for his glasses in the bed side drawer, he put them on and seen the absolute horror.
His vision was tainted by the same description he'd associated with his friend, but was taken by surprise once the realization kicked in.
This was not his roommate. It was a beast,
a farm beast. A horse, Phil's greatest fear.

The man cried for help as adrenaline pumped through him. He pushed the monster out of his way and exited out of the room. Phil decided the safest escape was to his flatmates bedroom– the safest escape was to Dan.
i sacrificed 25 minutes i could have spent on school work to write that
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:17 pm Is this a spoiler? Who knows
kath is there again! I only saw her in the brief video that was posted, I would love to get some pic/insta stories of mama Lester, her boys and their partners 💙💙💙
omg I love her.
knq
lava lamp

From the Belfast transcript:
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:18 pm Belfast - 28 May 2018

Truth Bombs
Phil's question: What is hidden in Phil's browsing history?
- how to bring a houseplant back from the dead
P: Too soon!
D: Straight in with the succulent murder in five minutes.
P: I tried to do CPR on my cactus, I got all these spines in my lips.
(Loki the Cactus joke aka save me from this hell.)

- are fringes outdated?
D: Phil, googling that at 3 am, have I made bad choices?
P: I might have googled that a few times before I decided to chop my hair off.
D: That was you a few months ago at 3 am.
P: I did keep it in a little box under my bed just in case I wanted to glue it back on in case I didn't like it.
D: That's weird, but sure.

- how to live with your stalker
D: Thank you. Thank you. This is Phil's round.
P: You roasted Dan.
D: How to Befriend Your Favorite Internet Stars. It wasn't comedy, it was a how-to.

Phil's chosen answer: how to live with your stalker
Phil picked something other than houseplants? Phil picked something other than houseplants!!! :newyear:

They seem to be enforcing the theme of Dan's not only being #1 Phil Trash don't come for his title, but also Phil's ~stalker. I'm still shook they put "how I stalked my daddy" up there in Liverpool. Seeing as Dan posted How To Befriend Your Favourite Internet Stars in 2009, this isn't exactly a new narrative I know, but I feel as if they're leaning into it more than they once would have.
autumnhearth
senpai

:love2: She’s like the Queen. I’m also hoping for pics or a story. I heard Phil’s dad is there too this time. Lol at your ficlet @ratlad
kavat
pastel persona

ratlad wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:18 pm

The clacking on the cold tile floor had awoken him, eyes darting open in the dark room.
He checked the time
When he turned it on, his senses were still adjusting to the suddenness of what he was hearing and what could possibly be lurking in the darkness of the night. Bringing his fists to his eyes he rubbed the sleep out of them, that gave an opportunity for that.. "thing".. to move closer.

Click.
Clack.
Click.
Clack.

Phil hesitated to open his eyes as horrendous thoughts swarmed his mind, he eventually gave into his eagerness to take the chance to see what stood before him.
A 6 foot figure with an extended neck and lanky limbs was staring back at him. Everything was still pretty blurry, he couldn't make out what it exactly was.

"Dan..?"
Phil spoke.

No response. Normally, his flatmate had a tendency of speaking, but whatever was in Phil's room definitely was not Dan..
He started fishing for his glasses in the bed side drawer, he put them on and seen the absolute horror.
His vision was tainted by the same description he'd associated with his friend, but was taken by surprise once the realization kicked in.

The man cried for help as adrenaline pumped through him. He pushed the monster out of his way and exited out of the room. Phil decided the safest escape was to his flatmates bedroom– the safest escape was to Dan.
Amazing :stan:
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

ok i have a lot of thoughts on the kiss situation and i’m on mobile so please forgive any typos.

if dan is uncomfortable with fans kissing him, he should absolutely say no. i’ve said this before and i’ll say it again that it’s clear to me how uncomfortable dan is with hugs and i wish he’d just be up-front about it. plenty of celebrities don’t even allow hugs, let alone kisses, so he’d be well within his right to cut that off. neither of them owe us any form of physical contact. and i wish dan knew that. sure some people would be upset but?? people would get over it, i’m sure. if a stranger came up to you and asked for a hug would you say yes? probably not. yes we’re his viewers and he appreciates us but at the same time, as individuals, we’re perfect strangers to him.

on the other hand, san definitely shouldn’t be letting certain fans kiss him and saying no to others. that’s just going to cause drama.

basically, i wish he would set a clear boundary that he is comfortable with, for no ones sake but his own, and stick to it.

of course, i also think that if there are outlined rules that say no kissing, it’s rrally rude and inconsiderate to try anyway. how can you say you respect someone and then try to get them to do something you know they’re uncomfortable with simply out of guilt? kind of gross behavior, imo.
ratlad wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm what photo are y'all talking about?
also how does someone say 'no' to that in a way that won't offend the fan? i just want everyone to keep their mouths off stranger's faces in a rushed setting where there's hardly any time for negotiation.
how is denying a kiss from a stranger offensive? physical contact comfort levels aside, dan and phil are on a world tour right now. plenty of celebrities deny kisses on the basis of possible illness alone. if they were to come down with something it would be incredibly inconvenient. and if their fans can’t understand these reasons and are still ‘offended’, maybe they’re not mature enough to be meeting their faves? :shrug: i don’t think offending them by saying no should be a reason to say yes since being offended by that isn’t really warranted.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ohmygod that mini fic @ratlad ...i too want to sacrifice my 25 minutes to make a fanart for that but my sorry ass is still at work rn so maybe when i get back home :garbage:

honestly i feel like people just need to remember that consent is a mutual thing, but at the same time, its not just extreme black and white. sadly, "firmly and politely saying no" is a skill that takes time to master. with the theme of "giving the people what they want", i know the boys might be having a hard time to say no to fans, but yall....they need to set firm limits otherwise it just wont stop. many people may take advantage of someones kindness, tho they may not be aware. not to say that fans are doing it to deppy, but yeah...it does happen to people in general. when people see one person gets to do it, it takes one second for another to go "hey, they said yes to them so why not to me? thats unfair"

i feel that people should try to respect their boundaries regardless especially when theyve clearly stated it on the rules for the vip meetups. if the girl asked beforehand, and they agreed to it, theres nothing that we can really do. its really no ones fault entirely...but collectively, we should just try to be aware of our actions.
"you are next to me in my life"
honeybee
squish

ratlad wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:18 pm

He checked the time

Click.
Clack.
Click.
Clack.

"Dan..?"
Phil spoke.

:lol: :rofl:

I'll never get over the beautiful irony of him fearing horses given that Philip means lover of horses
ratlad
angel bean

@sugar i agree, i don't think them rejecting a kiss should be taken as offensive, i just know that there'd be people who would be hurt by that rejection.
@ame oh my god please do
Speedygonz33
squish

Tin foil hat on: who took the latest pic of Dan and Phil?
My theory is Hazel
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Speedygonz33 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 pm Tin foil hat on: who took the latest pic of Dan and Phil?
My theory is Hazel
:sherlock:

Kath. Def Kath.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm sorry, who is Hazel? I'm assuming that you are not talking about Hazel Heyes.
sparkle
blobfish

honest to god I could not be Dan and Phil. If someone tried to kiss me (and im v physically affectionate - I like cuddles, have been compared to a golden retriever a few times) I think my reflex would be to punch them. If someone ASKED to kiss me, my reaction would be similar. Even before I got with my girlfriend it was a very distinct boundary that I'm uncomfortable with. I honestly could not do M&Gs, I think i'd have to walk through sheep dip everyday and burn my clothes to get through it.

Also off topic but seeing D&P in Ireland with taytos (my favourite crisps on the planet) and Guinness is making me miss Ireland to the extent that theres a strong possibility i'm flying to Dublin next week. I will totally be stocking up on taytos and Cadburys Golden Crisp if it works out.

And this is my daily request for a new Dan video. More trying to live your truth please. I'm trying to live mine and failing miserably and need that spiritual Dan Howell guidance.

sorry for the ramble, i've taken a sleeping tablet because my insomnia is out of hand and i'm waiting for it to kick in
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle: