Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

ratlad wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:43 pm
sugar wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:28 pm what are the chances dan is just high and in a late night overthinking spiral :lol:
hmm,, nah.
it can increase depression and anxiety in some cases, i don't think he or phil would risk that.
I am not invested in whether or not Dan and/or Phil would be high at any given time, but I know some people who have medical marijuana cards (in the US) because of depression and anxiety, so that can go multiple ways.
sweetlyphan
delia smith

ratlad wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:13 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 pm Generic and relatable Dan tweet
when u haven't posted anything all day so u decide to dig through your drafts and call it a night
Gotta keep that #relatable branding
:prideheart2:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

We're coming up on a new thread! Vote for the new name here! Go go go go go! :6-year-old dan:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Templeofshame wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:05 am
sugar wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:28 pm what are the chances dan is just high and in a late night overthinking spiral :lol:
hmm,, nah.
it can increase depression and anxiety in some cases, i don't think he or phil would risk that.
I am not invested in whether or not Dan and/or Phil would be high at any given time, but I know some people who have medical marijuana cards (in the US) because of depression and anxiety, so that can go multiple ways.
I treat my depression and anxiety with marijuana. Its actually super effective for my anxiety specifically, at least for me personally. I've wondered since Dan posted his depression vid if he's ever tried it to see if it helps.

(also thank you @honeybee and @sugar for the bday wishes <3)
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
knq
lava lamp

Maybe Dan's just having a down day. He usually sticks around and responds to the first few people who reply to his tweets. I think if he was just posting something to keep his twitter active, he'd do that.

On Phil's voice in the last video, I think I must accept that I am just slightly crazier today than I was yesterday. :shrug:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

KatjaZoe wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:46 am
Templeofshame wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:05 am
hmm,, nah.
I treat my depression and anxiety with marijuana. Its actually super effective for my anxiety specifically, at least for me personally. I've wondered since Dan posted his depression vid if he's ever tried it to see if it helps.

(also thank you @honeybee and @sugar for the bday wishes <3)
yeah, i know and i agree that it helps in a lot of cases, it's just i don't see him taking it from some place where it wasn't prescribed to him. that's when it may cause problems.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I just posted the transcripts for the Dublin show. They were actually pretty mellow considering Phil's parents were there, which definitely makes me think that it was the extended family in the audience that made Phil nervous and put them on their best behavior before.

The intro banter wasn't even really worth quoting so I'm gonna stick my two favorite parts of the show under the spoilers.

Dan's dilemma: Phil has been abducted by very probe-y aliens, but to save him you have to delete your youtube channel.
D: Okay lets take this seriously.
P: I don't want to be probed!
D: I mean, who here thinks that Phil could go through one probe [audience screams over him talking].
P: No!! Stop!
D: They didn't say murder-y aliens. It was just probe-y. You might have a male pregnancy!
P: Where's the baby gonna come out of!
D: Not my problem. They didn't say you die, and I can't do that to my wonderful audience - sorry Phil, you can get probed.

and this part from the section where they answer real questions submitted by the audience:

My parents don't want me to have any internet friends. Help me Dan and Phil!
D: If I wasn't allowed to meet internet friends, I would have zero friends.
P: I think parents can sometimes have a fear that if you're talking to someone on the internet, it would be-
D: It's a suspicious stranger, it's a furry.
P: That's fair enough, because it is a dangerous place on the internet.
D: I feel like now technology is like, that's not an issue. Because before it would be like 'I can't see this person, but that's fine.' If you have an internet friend and you want to meet up with them, just facetime them and be like, "Mum look, human. Human. Not three dogs wearing a trenchcoat. Not a serial killer. Just a normal nice person. Can I get a coffee please?'
P: But even better, you can get your parents to talk to their parents.
D: Exactly.
P: Don't be like [??], have a chat with the mum Tracey [audience's name for the night], look its a real person, and you can take your parents as well when you meet them.
D: Because who here has an internet friend? [audience speaking over him] Embrace it! If I never met Phil, we wouldn't be here right now.

I'm living for the juxtaposition of Phil listing many, many ways to vet someone for safety that include parental supervision while Dan is just like 'eh, facetime 'em, you're good.'
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:00 am
I'm living for the juxtaposition of Phil listing many, many ways to vet someone for safety that include parental supervision while Dan is just like 'eh, facetime 'em, you're good.'
Yeah, because I'm sure Phil did all those things before he met Dan. Right. Imagine deppy's moms chatting before their first time meeting. Or actual parental supervision during that first visit.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

alcohol is a depressant, and dan still drinks. and, if he only smokes what's prescribed to him he doesn't smoke at all because it's not legalized medically in england. i just think he might while they're in amsterdam and that's just me basing it on the percentage of adults i know that smoke weed, even just occasionally, being greater than the ones i know that don't.

also i mainly said it because the tweet doesn't seem like a regular dan tweet. sure, it's relatable self deprecating but it seems a little more personal than his usual tweets? i just saw a lot of people saying it didn't seem like a current dan tweet, plus it was at 1am in amsterdam when he tweeted it (not his usual tweeting time, plus being that late it probably won't get as much engagement) so i just think that maybe that's what he's doing. certainly sounds like something i'd say if i got high and laid in bed overthinking my life.

he may, he may not, but the fact that he drinks leads me to believe that his reasons for whether or not he smokes weed ever aren't related to his mental health.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

sugar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:16 am alcohol is a depressant, and dan still drinks. and, if he only smokes what's prescribed to him he doesn't smoke at all because it's not legalized medically in england. i just think he might while they're in amsterdam and that's just me basing it on the percentage of adults i know that smoke weed, even just occasionally, being greater than the ones i know that don't.

also i mainly said it because the tweet doesn't seem like a regular dan tweet. sure, it's relatable self deprecating but it seems a little more personal than his usual tweets? i just saw a lot of people saying it didn't seem like a current dan tweet, plus it was at 1am in amsterdam when he tweeted it (not his usual tweeting time, plus being that late it probably won't get as much engagement) so i just think that maybe that's what he's doing. certainly sounds like something i'd say if i got high and laid in bed overthinking my life.

he may, he may not, but the fact that he drinks leads me to believe that his reasons for whether or not he smokes weed ever aren't related to his mental health.
i know actual cigarettes and weed are different things but whenever someone mentions dan and smoking, i just remember this video that hed made a long time ago
people change and there might be a small chance that he had tried some weed before, but i personally think he just doesnt. im not a smoker but i live in vancouver so im well aware of how normal smokes smell like and how marijuana smells like - the latter being slightly more tolerable, but both still make my nose flinch with distaste. im not bashing on weed, im just saying sensory-wise, its an acquired taste. and if the reason why dan doesnt like smoking is because of a sensory experience, then its easy to say that he wouldnt enjoy it as well.

besides, dan literally talked about how hes been trying to go without meds and living his truth, i dont see why hed need weed (something thats also considered medical) to soothe his negative emotions right now? that seems to go contradictory to what hes been trying to do.
"you are next to me in my life"
human
dan hand trash

sweetlyphan wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:29 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 pm Generic and relatable Dan tweet
when u haven't posted anything all day so u decide to dig through your drafts and call it a night
All of these responses kinda bother me tbh. What if he was sitting retrospectively and feeling a bit sad about something and posted this? And saw responses like these? He’d feel worse. Plus, I bet if a friend of yours tweeted this you’d tweet back with something far more supportive.

I don’t get this phandom sometimes.

I’m sure in a previous liveshow Dan said smoking was disgusting and why would anyone want to do it in the current time so I’m sure he and Phil are skipping the coffee shops. Hopefully they go for vodka instead.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

1) tweet review ;)

"my talents include always thinking about people more than they think about me"

Hm. I liked this tweet more than most. It's reflective and it sure has that familiar 'existential sting'. Is my empathy for others reciprocated? Or am just alone in the mud here, thinking about people I shouldn't? Aren't we all walking apes who privately care about people, just hope that it's a two way street, but often finding ourselves alone, together, in caring for the wrong person? I mean it makes you think and you can just interpret it sadly or come away with more positive and constructive insights and that makes it a much better tweet for me than something about food or animals because let's be real most of what they tweet is generic as fuck. And that just goes for most tweets on twitter :mrgreen:
As for how much of the tweet was Daniel himself and how much was just a well thought out draft, I don't know how you can possibly know. Both are possible, and just because he might have been coming up with it at the moment after genuine reflection/feeling doesn't mean he can craft it or try to enhance it to fit 'the brand' better, or the other way around it can just be something he read months ago somewhere and it could still reflect on something very personal and real in his life.

2) Does Dan like to blow a 'fun cigarette' in Amsterdam?

My guess is that Dan at least tried weed at one point, like a lot of college students and certainly those which in any way shape or form identify as part of 'counterculture" or associate with an 'alternative' lifestyle. That's just based on general odds though. Also going by those same general odds and what he said about smoking, there's a good chance he didn't particularly like it. Just like alcohol, I'd agree it's an "acquired taste". Are his attitudes connected to his mental health?
Normally, a psychiatrist or doctor will advise against excessive drinking and especially drug use which directly impacts dopamine receptors and seratonine levels. That said, statistically people with mental health issues are shown to try and use drugs more than the general population. That said, if Dan is following the medical recommendations to the letter and doesn't like it anyway,or has past experiences where he knows it will effect his mood and wants to avoid that, I don't see why he'd try. Then again, we did see them drinking and he seems to drink at least occasionally, and drinking any alcohol at all will never be recommended. I have a friend who is slightly autistic and never drinks anything at all for that reason, for example.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

human wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:03 am
All of these responses kinda bother me tbh. What if he was sitting retrospectively and feeling a bit sad about something and posted this? And saw responses like these? He’d feel worse. Plus, I bet if a friend of yours tweeted this you’d tweet back with something far more supportive.

I’m sure in a previous liveshow Dan said smoking was disgusting and why would anyone want to do it in the current time so I’m sure he and Phil are skipping the coffee shops. Hopefully they go for vodka instead.
we're all joking, it's just light-hearted. he doesn't struck me as the kind of guy who tweets about the things that genuinely make him sad. in my opinion, it is probably just a tweet about him overthinking about random people or celebrities that don't even know he exists.
by the chance of it actually being a real emotweet, i don't think he minds people joking about it.
but if i'm wrong, well, i'm sorry. :shrug:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

human wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:03 am

I definitely would get it if this is the first time he's ever done a tweet like this but he hasn't. He tweeted something back in 2015 saying "tweeting indirects about your own problem as a cry for help :lol: :| " and then obviously people ask if everything is ok and he's like yeah everything I tweet is just a joke don't take it seriously. Also in 2015 he tweeted "don't trust people who tell you other people's secrets" and then phandom went mad trying to theorize over who he's talking about and then he does a liveshow saying he's just talking about an old friend and was just trying to tweet in the style of conor franta.

Maybe part of dan living his truth is being more honest across all platforms and this tweet is part of that. Or maybe dan did realize that he hasn't tweeted in awhile and wanted to post something that he not only has felt at one time or another but is also relatable. Also this is a forum, that is public, but not something I believe dan goes on. On twitter, where he can see people respond to that tweet, they were concerned and even started a hashtag to let dan know he meant something to him.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Please continue here.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: