Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

If anyone else was wondering, all he blocked out was his passport number and his purpose of entry (i.e. what kind of visa he has, tho it's most likely single-entry business)

obligatory top of the page reaction, cool cool :dh: (!)
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
dancy
procrastinator

hello9217 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:55 pm This may just be me who thought this but I totally believed that the trailer would be for when they put up the tour on netflix or youtube red or wherever they are going to post it. So like it would be the tour ends and then the trailer would be advertising watching it online.
But I also can see them putting up before the US tour starts to sell more tickets. Did they do that for TATINOF?
Hm, they made it sound as if it would be coming out sooner than that. I'm thinking this reply may have something to do with the trailer?
Also, Phil's Instagram story and Dan's tweet came right after I saw drama on Twitter about a girl kissing Dan on the cheek, what great timing!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I definitely think Dans tweet about the UK highlights will be the trailer. I saw them filming in London and I’m sure they also said Glasgow so fingers crossed for something exciting coming tonight! I really cannot believe the UK tour is over!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Does anyone know what ticket sales look like in Russia? V curious what kind of crowd they'll be performing to.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Sorry if anyone's already said this (I haven't read everything back completely), but is it possible dan's june video is just gonna be the tour trailer?
scientia
phabergé

Amiaw wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:53 pm
KatjaZoe wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:33 am
scientia wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 am Dan's Insta story with that Pusha-T album cover...I mean is he roasting it or calling it fire? It's late and I can't tell lol
p sure he's calling it fire, or at least that specific song. i listened to it after he posted and have to say i don't agree. i usually love dans music recs but this seemed pretty basic -- i almost wish he was saying he was roasting it :lol:
Not a fan of the song either imo but it’s not surprising it got a Dan shout-out because it/the whole album was produced by Kanye
Yeah that doesn’t shock me. I’m a bit surprised he posted it given the controversy of that album cover but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hello9217
flower crown

whatdoiknow wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 pm Sorry if anyone's already said this (I haven't read everything back completely), but is it possible dan's june video is just gonna be the tour trailer?
Exact quote from the liveshow:
"There was a video that I was gonna post, because after my meme video, I did that trying to live my truth video, I was heading forward with a lot of intent and then I was gonna make another video. But I thought about it a lot—I probably spent a bit too much time thinking about it. And I’ve now decided because there’s a lot of other stuff to do, a lot of tour stuff, I wanna start talking about some other cool things. I might upload this video in a couple months, say June sometime around my birthday or after."

So he separated this video from the trailer, or "tour stuff", so they are definitely not the same. HOWEVER I also think that he could make a completely different video, which would fall under "other cool things." I just want to have the whole quote here because I see people on twitter and tumblr saying that dan called this video "special" or "important", which he never did. I think it's just a video of him being more open but nothing explicitly stating anything. I truly think its going to be an isg or just one discussing therapy and I will totally be ok with that
Also want to point out that June was just a random month he said.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 pm Sorry if anyone's already said this (I haven't read everything back completely), but is it possible dan's june video is just gonna be the tour trailer?
I don't think so. He definitely made it seem like it was something separate.

This quote from his April 4th liveshow is where people are basing the June video off of. To me, this is a typical Dan thing to do since he's said in the past that he uploads videos "when it feels like the right time". I think since he mentioned the trailer being comprised of footage from the UK tour, it's more of a promotional thing for the US and other countries. Plus, since it's a tour thing, they'll be posting it whenever they decide the promotion is necessary rather than when Dan feels like it's "right".
fancybum wrote:19:35 (chat) dinof when?
“So videos on my YT channel. There was a video that I was gonna post, because after my meme video, I did that trying to live my truth video, I was heading forward with a lot of intent and then I was gonna make another video. But I thought about it a lot—I probably spent a bit too much time thinking about it. And I’ve now decided ‘cause there’s a lot of other stuff to do, a lot of tour stuff, I wanna start talking about some other cool things. I might upload this video in a couple months, say June sometime around my birthday or after, nothing to do with my birthday, just a good time, so look forward to whatever that is. But don’t worry, lots of content hitting you right in the face when you least expect it.”
I'm not holding my breath for this June video though. My expectations are nonexistent tbh
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

I don't think I've seen yet so here's Phil's latest insta story!
I just love how Dan never sits normally on things :lol: I couldn't tell how bad their accent is though, English isn't my native language ^^'
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Grumpybisexual wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:00 pm I don't think I've seen yet so here's Phil's latest insta story!
I just love how Dan never sits normally on things :lol: I couldn't tell how bad their accent is though, English isn't my native language ^^'
Dan’s was merely bad, Phil’s was completely terrible!
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

scientia wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:46 pm
Amiaw wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:53 pm
KatjaZoe wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:33 am
scientia wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 am Dan's Insta story with that Pusha-T album cover...I mean is he roasting it or calling it fire? It's late and I can't tell lol
p sure he's calling it fire, or at least that specific song. i listened to it after he posted and have to say i don't agree. i usually love dans music recs but this seemed pretty basic -- i almost wish he was saying he was roasting it :lol:
Not a fan of the song either imo but it’s not surprising it got a Dan shout-out because it/the whole album was produced by Kanye
Yeah that doesn’t shock me. I’m a bit surprised he posted it given the controversy of that album cover but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
personally don't think he's shouting it out just because kanye was involved, dan unfollowed kanye on twitter in the midst of all the kanye controversy. i think it's just as simple as him enjoying the song.
knq
lava lamp

Oh man, what I would give for a dinof focused on therapy. As far as easy topics go that certainly isn’t one so I’m not holding my breath, but Dan did strike a tone with his video on depression that worked really well, so I think he could do that with therapy if he tried.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

As others have said it’s going to be completely unrelated. I can also see “Dans video in June” being the new “that week in March”. It’ll be July and people will still be asking him when the video is coming!

Also, something funny from the tour tonight:
this is from the magic trick section, someone said “Benedict Cumberbach” and when Phil threw the paper into the audience this is the section this girl ended up with 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sweetlyphan
delia smith

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:56 pm
I don't think so. He definitely made it seem like it was something separate.

This quote from his April 4th liveshow is where people are basing the June video off of. To me, this is a typical Dan thing to do since he's said in the past that he uploads videos "when it feels like the right time". I think since he mentioned the trailer being comprised of footage from the UK tour, it's more of a promotional thing for the US and other countries. Plus, since it's a tour thing, they'll be posting it whenever they decide the promotion is necessary rather than when Dan feels like it's "right".
fancybum wrote:19:35 (chat) dinof when?
“So videos on my YT channel. There was a video that I was gonna post, because after my meme video, I did that trying to live my truth video, I was heading forward with a lot of intent and then I was gonna make another video. But I thought about it a lot—I probably spent a bit too much time thinking about it. And I’ve now decided ‘cause there’s a lot of other stuff to do, a lot of tour stuff, I wanna start talking about some other cool things. I might upload this video in a couple months, say June sometime around my birthday or after, nothing to do with my birthday, just a good time, so look forward to whatever that is. But don’t worry, lots of content hitting you right in the face when you least expect it.”
I'm not holding my breath for this June video though. My expectations are nonexistent tbh
My expectations are low too. I interpreted it as he was going to do another video similar to "trying to live my truth" but decided to do a more relaxed (don't know if that's the right word) video for June. Probably like an ISG. Anytime people, myself included, get excited over something Dan says regarding a future video it never ends up being whatever we expected.
:prideheart2:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Thanks @hello9217 , @obsessivelymoody, and @missemma!

Ngl I was a little loopy from hospital drugs when I posted that, so it wasn't the most thought out post. I appreciate all your responses though, as that definitely clears that theory up
rainbowcheesecake
placenta

@serenlas , @ratlad , @ame , @autumnhearth , @dancy THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT SUGGESTIONS!

I'm gonna start working on the laptop, the controllers and houseplant soon, but for now please enjoy Phil-Plush in glasses and Dan-Plush's new earring :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh man, those plushies are just the cutest things I've ever seen.

@whatdoiknow, I hope you're doing okay! (re: the mention of hospital drugs)

I'm still working on the Belfast transcript, but here's the cute intro banter.
Intro Banter
P: You might have seen on instagram that I'm very zazzed on my tatyo crisps.
D: Phil, whoa.
P: Watch out.
D: Phil - he has popped some taytos, he is frickin zazzed, we are not here to mess around people.
P: We're not!
D: Lets get ready for this.
P: I'm glad we even made it here, though. Because we were on the plane and it was in the middle of this huge thunderstorm.
D: Look, we almost missed the last flight from London to Belfast.
P: We did.
D: Then we wouldn't have been here right now. I think God was really trying to stop us from being here.
P: He was.
D: Like he tried as hard as possible, unfortunately we flew through the storm and made it.
P: We did! So we're sat flying through the storm and [pause for crowd to cheer] - anyway Dan was next to the window and he was like, Phil look at all the lightning! It's so strong! I'm like, stop talking about it!
D: Nature is beauty.
P: I don't want to look at that! It's like Final Destination.
D: Okay, well alright, he was scared. Then something even more disturbing happened to me, I tweeted about this I don't know if you saw it, it was so weird. We were at the airport and I don't know if [??] but I was sat on a bench and this tiny boy walked past wearing a fedora - an enigma in itself, okay - but then I looked at him and he just went [makes a gesture].
P: It was incredible.
D: And literally it was just so weird, and I just did this double take like was that at me? Because there was like no hello or waving or anything.
P: It was just a tip.
D: But the thing is, yeah, I looked back and he was still there and he tipped his hat again. I was like - uggh?? And then he just silently walked away and I was like, what?
P: Who was this?
D: Did you see him?
P: I saw him.
D: Okay. Well, geez. If you didn't then I literally met God. And that happened. It was very disturbing, let me tell you. If God did come for me yesterday to judge me, I'm going. There's absolutely no way. At this point in time, I'm ready.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am @whatdoiknow, I hope you're doing okay! (re: the mention of hospital drugs)
Yeah, I'm most likely good (hopefully lol), thanks for asking. Kind of long story that I won't get into here haha. Didn't mean to cause concern (I originally just wrote drugs and then realized how that sounded haha so I added the hospital part)
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

According to me googling the time difference in Dublin, this was posted a little before 1am. Who are these boys out having beers after midnight? :lol: Tour must be loosening them up
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
starwatersong
phabergé

Totally, off-topic, but...

Thought I'd link to one of my favourite Dan moments in a video -- when he was on the Guild Wars 2 talk show and spoke about how his guild has no clue he's a YouTuber. Time stamp around 5:00 to around 7:00. Also, please enjoy his name in it being:

Dan Howell
Is not on fire

:lol:

(also, if you enjoy this, there's a really cute second clip below where they give him a signed album and he gets really excited)

Ataraxia25
flower crown

starwatersong wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:13 am Totally, off-topic, but...

Thought I'd link to one of my favourite Dan moments in a video -- when he was on the Guild Wars 2 talk show and spoke about how his guild has no clue he's a YouTuber. Time stamp around 5:00 to around 7:00. Also, please enjoy his name in it being:

Dan Howell
Is not on fire

(also, if you enjoy this, there's a really cute second clip below where they give him a signed album and he gets really excited)

i wanted to watch the video from the beginning, just like that, but when they actually talk about GW stuff, i don’t understand anything. i’m like : profession? lurker? :shrug:
:gayaf:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

starwatersong wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:13 am Totally, off-topic, but...

Dan Howell
Is not on fire

oh man i love this! thanks for reminding us of this content. ive never really gotten into gw2 because my laptop has been shit, but the game had always interested me. ive tried playing it like two times but on both occasions my laptop gave me the blue screen soooooo

anyways, even tho i couldnt understand the actual gw2 specific things, gaming language is pretty universal so i could understand it a bit. so to answer @Ataraxia25, a "lurker" is basically someone who plays the game and doesnt interact with anyone. its kinda like how someone would say "im a lurker in indb" means they just read posts but never post anything themselves. and "profession" are just a part of the many in-game mechanics of what you choose to play - think the typical warrior, mage, thief, ranger, etc., so hes basically saying what type of game character hes playing in the game.

i also loved this one.

you can tell how much hes actually enjoying being in company with fellow gamers, not to mention the ACTUAL people who helped make the game. like its so obvious hes having an "ohmygod this is so cool, but i need to keep it cool" moment. hes so precious
"you are next to me in my life"
Ataraxia25
flower crown

oh thanks @ame ! that’s funny because i’m quite a lurker here!

anyway, i knew dan had done some stuff in seattle about guild wars but i had never seen the videos and it’s a side of him that i feel we don’t see that often and it’s so cute! and i love when i see people talking about something they’re passionate about so it’s just amazing for me <3
:gayaf:
gnostic
stress mushroom

I wonder if some Russian orthodox activists are going to sue Dan and Phil for gay propaganda to minors like they did with Madonna.

Maybe I should tip them off lol
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Since there's not a ton going on (cmon boys give us some insta story goodness) here are a couple of my favorite meet and greet pics from yesterday:
Thoughts on the girl kissing Dan ~scandal? Think they'll buckle down on that rule today? It was apparently already in the written instructions (for at least one venue, maybe all of them?) but someone was feeling brave anyway.