Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 pm honestly, hearing variations of "vagina" is more uncomfortable to hear than actually saying "vagina" (in a serious context)

also i feel absolutely ROBBED of that tour pic at the end screen
interestingly enough, when i was still getting my degree to work with children, weve been taught to use the proper words for genitals and none of those "peepee" and other variations of said genitals. because children need to learn that its just another part of the human body and that they shouldnt feel uncomfortable and squeamish when people say "penis" or "vagina" as if its a scandalous thing to say.

(also it cancels out all those bathroom jokes)
"you are next to me in my life"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Phil's love for Thor never fails to amuse me
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:32 pm
liola wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:22 pm
animad wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 pm It kinda annoys that they find it impossible to say the word vagina, they had a literal block and reverted to 'lady door' yet they can say the word penis like nobodys business. Dan's already said that twice today and didn't even bat an eyelid.
I think it's pretty obvious why they don't it, a big part of their audience is made of teen (cis)girls and they might feel uncomfortable and trying to avoid anything that comes across even remotely creepy/predatory
I think that's exactly my issue with it, tbh. And this isn't Dan and Phil specific - I understand on a small scale why they don't. But it bothers me personally that jokes about penises are fine (by guys, by girls, by people of any age) but jokes about vaginas (again, by anyone) are immediately described as "uncomfortable" whether they're sexualized or not. Looking at something that looks like a vagina and saying "that looks like a vagina" isn't saying you want to fuck it, it's just saying... it looks like a vagina. Sending them impression to young girls that even uttering the word "vagina" means something sexual and shouldn't be done is the message that's being sent that I hate. And if it really were about young, impressionable audience not being exposed to sexual things, they wouldn't describe every other thing they see as phallic. (And Dan's channel basically wouldn't exist.)

But I definitely know from having had this conversation many times that the majority of fandom doesn't agree and sees nothing wrong with their aversion to the word or outright applauds it, so this is me saying my opinion once and then I'll leave it. :) It's a hill I'll climb like, halfway up and get tired of, not one I'll die on. I'm gonna go to mentally over-analyzing why exactly it's been a big year for them personally...
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you, I roll my eyes at it as well, I was just saying that I'm sadly not surprised by them doing it because I've noticed how they try to keep their distance by young girls in any ways. I always get the idea of them being slightly uncomfortable by their huge teen girls audience, not really because it's seen as a bad thing but because they don't want to be seen as predatory? It's something I've noticed in recent years in particular.

I agred that it's a huge society problem this avoidance of saying vagina almost like it's something inherently sexual or dirty while penis isn't, and I'm always frustrated by how kids are taught to talk freely about penis (or peepee how some call it) but no one can mention vaginas (And how in my experience there aren't any children related words for vagina?)

Anyway, I just think thats why they don't do it, more than them being it's absolutely something dirty. But then again, who knows

I still haven't watched the video, but I love and relate to Phil's thirst for Thor. Yes Phil. Yes.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

a bit random but that other picture that we haven't seen the full version of reminded me of this, which is something i think about a lot and always forget to ask about here:

that photo on the right...has it been discussed? do we know what photo it is or where it's from?
yeetussy
glabella

Not to burst y’all’s bubbles or anything, but I’m pretty sure that’s just a photoshopped picture from dan and phil’s matching jackets photoshoot during the m&g over some generic venue :shrug:

I’m not even gonna say anything abt the video other than the part where dan was trying to get phil to say he’s radiating sexiness and phil genuinely going no made me holler, what a married couple
lesterchuu
philussy

sugar wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:49 pm a bit random but that other picture that we haven't seen the full version of reminded me of this, which is something i think about a lot and always forget to ask about here:

that photo on the right...has it been discussed? do we know what photo it is or where it's from?
i dont recall where this is from....it looks like theyre wearing some kind of peaked cap and phil is holding something.......orange
maybe its one of those joke professional photobooth photos?
psychicmoth
living flop

sugar wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:49 pm a bit random but that other picture that we haven't seen the full version of reminded me of this, which is something i think about a lot and always forget to ask about here:

it's a present they got in tatinof! (x)
and the fanart is based on this pic btw
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I liked the video, it was chilled and funny, just what I needed after too many hours spent following a video guide to collect lost coins in guild wars (got lost and fell off ledges too many times, games are fun, right?) The friendship dragon was cute and Phil was absolutely adorable and glowing, especially in that tshirt. His description of his scalesona was so damn cute. It’s like they never stopped all those drawing games. I guess they don’t draw often enough to warrant buying a tablet rather than using touch pads, but I guess there’s a certain charm to their drawings. The pancake poop was a good touch, kinda practical having your pet make food like that. I don’t mind him saying lady door, I still find it a funny joke, and didn’t think anything of it, but it’s interesting to hear what people have said about that, you’ve all got some good points.
sugar
eclipse shirt

psychicmoth wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 am
sugar wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:49 pm
a bit random but that other picture that we haven't seen the full version of reminded me of this, which is something i think about a lot and always forget to ask about here:

it's a present they got in tatinof! (x)
and the fanart is based on this pic btw
thank you!! i'd been dying to know. i find it really adorable that they've got framed art of themselves hanging in their kitchen. <3
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I pretty much mentally checked-out of this new video as soon as a realized it was a dragon city spon. A few of their older ones are some of the only dnp videos i have purposefully never watched just because i couldn't make myself be interested. I kind of half watched this new one, half was paying more attention to texting lol. There were definitely some good moments, I will love anyone who may decide to make timestamps for this vid so I can go back and watch the parts I liked again without having to rewatch the entire thing :lol: Also I'm with everyone on team "i'm over the running furry joke".

I did want to say that it stood out to me that Dan said that it was specifically only him who was trying to live his truth, not including Phil. I guess the video did go up on his solo channel, but tbh to me if anyone seems like they've been living their truth this year its Phil? Like no he hasn't had any ground breaking truth bombs (lol) he's dropped on us or anything. But robotic innocent persona who? 2018 only knows witty, funny, seems genuinely like a real person Phil.
Dan's always been more open but so far this year he hasn't seemed to be that much more? Maybe just a bit more willing to display his non-gender-role-conformity (hoops and sparkly jackets, etc.) but maybe he has something more planned?

Also I have to agree with @alittledizzy that I think its ridiculous that Dan can call lights and everything else phallic, say the letter P reminds him of penis, and on and on -- but they can't say that an animated picture of a tree looks like a vagina. Just because he has female fans does not make it creepy or weird. It's not sexual. There is no difference.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
knq
lava lamp

Their Scalesonas inspired fanart that Phil's been liking on twitter. The comment in this one made me laugh out loud:
No one quite knows what to do with Phil's dragon's cactus in mouth thing.

The vagina discourse reminded me of the pregnancy video they did with Louise. Dan refers to somethings as a "rude area" and Louise tells him that he can, in fact, say the word vagina. It would be nice if that had stuck.

As far as #spon videos go, I thought they did fine. They're aware the game is boring, they don't pretend overly much that it's not boring, and they bookend the game with their whole scalesona thing. I don't mind their preoccupation with furries; I think it's nice Dan wants to support the scalies or... whatever it is that they're doing. Also Phil asking Dan if he was attracted to the mascot at 3:10 was pretty cute.
rustysp00n
smol bean

Honestly I really enjoyed the gaming video! Their moods were really light and playful and it made me laugh really hard at multiple points. I definitely prefer this to faking enjoyment of the repetitive gameplay and I can see they tried to make it interesting.

The only thing i’m annoyed at is that fucking ditty meme, c’mon guys, its SO DEAD. I’m going to punch my screen if I hear it one more time, ffs.

Some really cute moments that stood out to me :P :
Phil has no concept of personal space, ehem, but we knew that already.
5:58- Phil pointing out that the little moan would be Dan’s attack personally stood out to me and kind of shocked me a little. Anyone else get this vibe? Those jumpcuts ;)
8:09- Phil getting super excited over the friendship dragon melted my heart. Bonus points from Dan’s ultra fond eyes.
9:20- Failed Lestowell branding, guess it just wasn’t meant to be. (love how that was the first thing that popped into Phil’s head)
10:35- I love how Phil couldn’t wait to pick out Dan’s dragon persona as the complete opposite of what Dan was going for, makes me think Phil sees soft boy Dan more often than we do. Lose that branding awful edgy branding danny boy.
12:15- Golden moment of Phil thinking Dan’s drawing looked sexual, “I don’t know what it is” Its your kink lmao.
Overall thought- phil was GLOWING in this video, he really is a blessing. Honestly Dan can be extremely pessimistic at times but Phil balances that out so well, the joking Dan makes of wanting Phil to leave him alone are kind of rude tbh, but maybe thats their friendship. Or Dan’s just being a little shit :shrug:

Am I the only one who likes Dan’s nails?
lesterchuu
philussy

rustysp00n wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 am Overall thought- phil was GLOWING in this video, he really is a blessing. Honestly Dan can be extremely pessimistic at times but Phil balances that out so well, the joking Dan makes of wanting Phil to leave him alone are kind of rude tbh, but maybe thats their friendship. Or Dan’s just being a little shit :shrug:

Am I the only one who likes Dan’s nails?

i feel like the "leave me alone" jokes are told in the same strain as their "i hate you"s.....if you catch my drift
(also im all for dan growing out his nails but ill even be more hype if he ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING TO IT come on dan)
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

so a sustained joke involving multiple erotic innuendos centered on a euphemism for vaginas, "lady door'" is okay - because their audience is young, impressionable, and majority female; but saying the word vagina in a non-sexual context, is not?
stay woke, phandom. :rofl:

rustysp00n wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 am
5:58- Phil pointing out that the little moan would be Dan’s attack personally stood out to me and kind of shocked me a little. Anyone else get this vibe? Those jumpcuts ;)
8:09- Phil getting super excited over the friendship dragon melted my heart. Bonus points from Dan’s ultra fond eyes.
9:20- Failed Lestowell branding, guess it just wasn’t meant to be. (love how that was the first thing that popped into Phil’s head)
10:35- I love how Phil couldn’t wait to pick out Dan’s dragon persona as the complete opposite of what Dan was going for, makes me think Phil sees soft boy Dan more often than we do. Lose that branding awful edgy branding danny boy.
12:15- Golden moment of Phil thinking Dan’s drawing looked sexual, “I don’t know what it is” Its your kink lmao.

your stamps are everything i wanted to say. 5.58 - i had it written down as 'expressive high pitched cry' (lol), not moan, but got the same vibe from that as phil saying dan would really be the colourful mojito rather than anything stormy and mysterious. phil is living dan's truth for him more than dan is, it seems (kidding, i do get the dichotomy and that darkness is still a big part of dan's tendencies, branding aside).

people hyping up dan to give us more secrets and out-do the last thing he was honest about, particularly putting emphasis on his June video, makes me uncomfy. i can only see disappointment and then cynical derision as an outcome. it makes me frustrated at both dan and his audience.

did anyone else think the '2 minute' drawings were pre-done and they just sent them to each other in that speed-up clip? there's no way they could've done those on a track pad in that time and have them turn out that coherent, we've seen their skills in other time-based drawing games on the channel. not showing them drawing it, which presumably would've been funny and energetic to watch, also a give away. i liked that they did do them before-hand though, much more satisfying. they're both better at doodling than you would think they would be.

quick question: the people who are squicked by dan's nails, are you squicked by everyone with grown-out unpainted nails, or just dan? i'm just surprised because 'ew those lady's nails squick me out' is not something you really see that often, and dan's nails are the same length as a lot of average women's right now. i wouldn't even call less than half a centimetre of white showing 'long'.
obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:27 pm
pringle
hat
igloo
lover
icicle
penis

what a creative acrostic poem

(thanks guys i'm a little dead now)
the only thing i don't like instastories is this is something we may have gotten on LessAmazingPhil in the past. can't complain though, cause i'll take these more often than 1 good video once a year. phil once again bringing out both their cheeky spontaneous sides, master of content.
art in avatar by lily
liola
rankussy

I really don't understand this obsession with Dan's nails. For months the phandom has begged him to let his nails grow again, now everyone acts like he either paints them or cut them off cause they're disgusting. Like..why.

I have really strong long nails, the kind that looks like I have acrylic on they're that long, and paintinf them is a pain cause they grow so fast. So yeah I usually have 2cm unpainted long nails and no one has ever seemed disgusted by...a body part?

It annoys me because it fails into the "Dan is more feminine so he should grow his nails and paint them pretty" stereotype that a lot of people in the phandom seem to have. Dan isn't above painting his nails, but he prob just doesn't care right now. :shrug:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

We waited days for an upload and it was Dragon City?

No, but seriously. I watched the whole thing, their joke about Human Centipede probably saved it a little for me. I didn't actually hate the video, it was just okay. I probably won't watch it again though. Being one of those crazy people who is here for the game play more than their relationship, it really sucks when you wait a week for an upload and there is no game play. I will be even more disappointed if the next upload (in another 7 days) is Sims.
I actually decided to look on social blade this morning to see what was happening with their subscriber count and uploading that video actually lost them subscribers:
alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:57 pm Also, can I say - it finally feels like Dan and Phil are really on tour, with people piling massive expectations onto every game because we only get them every 7-9 days and inevitably being disappointed. No shade, I fully understand that if you watch them because you like them playing games this would have totally been the worst kind of video and it sucks that we likely won't have another for at least a week. But reading IDB's reactions to this new video just gave me a whole flood of deja vu from summer of 2016!
Can I just say, the summer leg of tatinof was only 2 months long, Interactive Introverts is FIVE months long, it doesn't finish until the end of September. They really need to step up their game if they think 1 video a week on the gaming channel is gonna cut it. It's already been almost 2 weeks since Phil uploaded and 6 weeks since Dan uploaded. You would think given that there was uproar back in 2016 they may have prepared a bit more. Back when they did tatinof they definitely tweeted a lot more than they are now. The Instagram stories are great but they are kinda few and far between now, somedays going with one story max. Also, what is a liveshow, does anyone remember those good old days!
Before they set off they were silent and I remember clearly people saying they were probably pre-filming content, well they clearly weren't, given that they've gone home twice now to film and Phil did one video from his hotel room.
I'm honestly trying to keep my expectations low, I know they are busy and working hard with the show don't get me wrong, they put a lot of effort into that day after day, but I really can't help but dread the whole tour time simply because they don't seem to plan that well in advance and the content does dry up. This is coming from someone who has been seeing them IRL the past two weeks and who has been entertained by the show, I can't imagine how people who aren't seeing it/are seeing it later on must feel.

000dia000 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:40 pm Also, can they stop using furries or scalies for click bait or shock value or whatever they're going for. I'm so fucking bored by it. Why has this become the new running joke like llamas and placentas?
Yes, Dan & Phil please stop doing this, it is actually turning into the new lolzllamas and seeing as
they also use it as a large section in the stage show i'm so over it.
animad wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 pm It kinda annoys that they find it impossible to say the word vagina, they had a literal block and reverted to 'lady door' yet they can say the word penis like nobodys business. Dan's already said that twice today and didn't even bat an eyelid.
:thanks:

rizzo wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 pm The pic D&P used in today's vid to link the tour...

Have we seen this before?
Ooh we haven't, but it was taken in Birmingham as I recognise the venue and can see my seat haha! Nicest venue of the tour so far. I wonder what they're doing when Mark is there to take photos, I hope they're going to put a behind the scenes video together again.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
dancy
procrastinator

mermaid blood wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:55 am so a sustained joke involving multiple erotic innuendos centered on a euphemism for vaginas, "lady door'" is okay - because their audience is young, impressionable, and majority female; but saying the word vagina in a non-sexual context, is not?
stay woke, phandom. :rofl:

rustysp00n wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 am
your stamps are everything i wanted to say. 5.58 - i had it written down as 'expressive high pitched cry' (lol), not moan, but got the same vibe from that as phil saying dan would really be the colourful mojito rather than anything stormy and mysterious. phil is living dan's truth for him more than dan is, it seems (kidding, i do get the dichotomy and that darkness is still a big part of dan's tendencies, branding aside).

people hyping up dan to give us more secrets and out-do the last thing he was honest about, particularly putting emphasis on his June video, makes me uncomfy. i can only see disappointment and then cynical derision as an outcome. it makes me frustrated at both dan and his audience.

did anyone else think the '2 minute' drawings were pre-done and they just sent them to each other in that speed-up clip? there's no way they could've done those on a track pad in that time and have them turn out that coherent, we've seen their skills in other time-based drawing games on the channel. not showing them drawing it, which presumably would've been funny and energetic to watch, also a give away. i liked that they did do them before-hand though, much more satisfying. they're both better at doodling than you would think they would be.

quick question: the people who are squicked by dan's nails, are you squicked by everyone with grown-out unpainted nails, or just dan? i'm just surprised because 'ew those lady's nails squick me out' is not something you really see that often, and dan's nails are the same length as a lot of average women's right now. i wouldn't even call less than half a centimetre of white showing 'long'.
True, "lady door" does imply that the purpose is to enter it, whereas the word vagina simply refers to an organ. I mean, it's an inside joke and almost everyone will know the context/origins of the euphemism but it's not necessarily a more innocent-sounding term. I also remember Dan just saying vagina in some gaming video (anyone know which one?), so I don't understand why they're suddenly hesitant to use that word.

Now that you mention it, it is quite likely that they drew their "scalesonas" beforehand. I already thought they did a pretty good for 2-minute drawings but that's probably because they didn't actually draw them at that time.

Dan's nails don't seem particularly long to me either and mine were often unpainted and the same length as his before I was forced to cut them due to patient contact. I guess it stands out since his nails are usually much shorter and he doesn't seem to have cut them since the tour began (I think?).

I assume D&P are flying to Belfast tomorrow morning for the show there and then driving/taking the train to Dublin. I wonder if they'll fly back to London after that to pack for Europe, considering there's two days between the last Dublin show and the Amsterdam ones. I definitely wouldn't want to fly that often but they won't really get a chance to go home again until the break between Sweden and the US leg of the tour.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I think they’ve set their video schedule now and this is it. I was starting to miss them already the other day, even having just seen the Birmingham show, so another 4 months of roughly one video a week does seem a long time.

The photo of them in the Birmingham auditorium looks a bit like one from Tatinof. There was one of them inside a theatre, but I think they were facing the camera, I’m not sure if there was one with them looking the other way.
George
sad dimple

dancy wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:54 am they won't really get a chance to go home again until the break between Sweden and the US leg of the tour.
I wonder when Dan does plan to film his June video? Is he working on it now, their last days at home for a while? Is he planning to make it in a hotel room on the go, or maybe after Sweden and before the US? Dan said it would be around his birthday (which is before Sweden), so if it's not on the go, he should be filming as we speak. He usually makes a few sketches, and that could be though in a hotel room... Or maybe we should start talking about his July video.

Edit: Really, I'm being selfish. As someone who's going to the Helsinki and Stockholm shows (13th and 16th), I wonder if I should back my nitros in case Dan decides to live his truth while I'm on the go. :roll:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Secretstanner wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:55 am
BSV wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:18 am Hey oh wow what a night(mare)! Our coach was massively delayed with the driver having to take a 45 minute break half way from Bristol to Cardiff so we ended up missing the first 20 minutes of the show :shock:
A few thoughts about the show -
So we were sat right at the very back and i just felt like we couldnt really see? Like the set was quite small for the motorpoint arena (im not sure about how people have felt about the other venues) I thought there might be bigger screens so we might be able to see their faces a bit more and details of props on the stage? I also thought the show was SO loud, but i couldnt really hear what was being said half the time? I think if i didnt know so much through spoilers, i would have had a real hard time knowing what was going on! Am i the only one that had problems? I think as we were running late and missed the beginning, i got off to a bad start so i'm not sure if it almost tainted it a little for me :oops:
Came up from Bristol too and to make sure that didn’t happen to me I came down on the Thursday when I my coach was also delayed.
Problems seeing and hearing the show yes I did have that. I was sat on the left side of the stage so I could hear more than one speaker. I could hear the one that was for the back of the stage and it was delayed so the whole show I could hear a annoying echo. I have pretty good eyesight but bloody hell I couldn’t tell you what either of them look like really in person coz I could just make out that they had eyes and a mouth. Again with the sound because it was too loud I also had trouble hearing what they were saying, like with the rap I could only read the parts on the screen that was written so on the second half of the rap I couldn’t tell you a thing Phil said coz there was no words on the screen. I don’t know anyone else’s opinion on the show I’ve avoided actually opinions but I personally felt like the ending saved it for me. I think there was a few things that they needed to go a step more and somethings they didn’t really need at all. The second half was definitely better but there was too many things that ruined my experience a bit like the sound and actually being able to seeing the show. This is me being a bit picky but when it came to the intermission it all seemed random. They just said that one of them was gonna be picked which do we like better dan or Phil then the lights went up and everyone guessed it was a break people in front of me thoughts it was the end of the show and was questioning if that was it. No one was told how long it was for so it was a bit of a shock when dan came back on stage when people were still missing to go to the bathroom or get drinks. It was a great experience over all but I can’t help but wonder if I would of had a better time at a smaller venue I would go again I had a fun time I’m sad the one and only time I’d be able to seem them in person couldn’t have been better
Ah yes that makes sense, unfortunately my son had school so that was impossible for us! I do think we should have trained it there though, not sure why we did coach really but still gave ourselves 3 hours, but apparently it still wasn't enough! :lol:
Not sure if this needs to be in a spoiler really but ...
I'm so glad you said that about the second half! They play eye of the tiger? towards the end of the break with a higher volume to indicate the show was coming back on but up on the balcony we could still see everyone still dancing and chatting in the aisles, and then all of a sudden the lights went down and dan is back on stage! So interesting you point out about not even knowing about the second half - we had a row of about 8 people in front of us and they never came back for the second part?? Either due to lack of enjoyment, sound etc or maybe because they didnt even know there was a second half? I never even considered that :shock:
I completely agree with everything you said about the rap, i'm really not sure why they cant keep the words on the screen for the second part - all i heard was phan and screaming (i only know what was said because of spoilers)
Yeah we cant see them anywhere else now, so hopefully there will be a nice recording of it to actually hear whats happening
@missemma Completely agree about the screens! We were slightly to the right on the balcony and couldnt really see the right hand screen at all :(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

BSV wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:40 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:55 am
BSV wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:18 am Hey oh wow what a night(mare)! Our coach was massively delayed with the driver having to take a 45 minute break half way from Bristol to Cardiff so we ended up missing the first 20 minutes of the show :shock:
A few thoughts about the show -
So we were sat right at the very back and i just felt like we couldnt really see? Like the set was quite small for the motorpoint arena (im not sure about how people have felt about the other venues) I thought there might be bigger screens so we might be able to see their faces a bit more and details of props on the stage? I also thought the show was SO loud, but i couldnt really hear what was being said half the time? I think if i didnt know so much through spoilers, i would have had a real hard time knowing what was going on! Am i the only one that had problems? I think as we were running late and missed the beginning, i got off to a bad start so i'm not sure if it almost tainted it a little for me :oops:
Came up from Bristol too and to make sure that didn’t happen to me I came down on the Thursday when I my coach was also delayed.
Problems seeing and hearing the show yes I did have that. I was sat on the left side of the stage so I could hear more than one speaker. I could hear the one that was for the back of the stage and it was delayed so the whole show I could hear a annoying echo. I have pretty good eyesight but bloody hell I couldn’t tell you what either of them look like really in person coz I could just make out that they had eyes and a mouth. Again with the sound because it was too loud I also had trouble hearing what they were saying, like with the rap I could only read the parts on the screen that was written so on the second half of the rap I couldn’t tell you a thing Phil said coz there was no words on the screen. I don’t know anyone else’s opinion on the show I’ve avoided actually opinions but I personally felt like the ending saved it for me. I think there was a few things that they needed to go a step more and somethings they didn’t really need at all. The second half was definitely better but there was too many things that ruined my experience a bit like the sound and actually being able to seeing the show. This is me being a bit picky but when it came to the intermission it all seemed random. They just said that one of them was gonna be picked which do we like better dan or Phil then the lights went up and everyone guessed it was a break people in front of me thoughts it was the end of the show and was questioning if that was it. No one was told how long it was for so it was a bit of a shock when dan came back on stage when people were still missing to go to the bathroom or get drinks. It was a great experience over all but I can’t help but wonder if I would of had a better time at a smaller venue I would go again I had a fun time I’m sad the one and only time I’d be able to seem them in person couldn’t have been better
Ah yes that makes sense, unfortunately my son had school so that was impossible for us! I do think we should have trained it there though, not sure why we did coach really but still gave ourselves 3 hours, but apparently it still wasn't enough! :lol:
Not sure if this needs to be in a spoiler really but ...
I'm so glad you said that about the second half! They play eye of the tiger? towards the end of the break with a higher volume to indicate the show was coming back on but up on the balcony we could still see everyone still dancing and chatting in the aisles, and then all of a sudden the lights went down and dan is back on stage! So interesting you point out about not even knowing about the second half - we had a row of about 8 people in front of us and they never came back for the second part?? Either due to lack of enjoyment, sound etc or maybe because they didnt even know there was a second half? I never even considered that :shock:
I completely agree with everything you said about the rap, i'm really not sure why they cant keep the words on the screen for the second part - all i heard was phan and screaming (i only know what was said because of spoilers)
Yeah we cant see them anywhere else now, so hopefully there will be a nice recording of it to actually hear whats happening
@missemma Completely agree about the screens! We were slightly to the right on the balcony and couldnt really see the right hand screen at all :(
I gather from talking to people that have seen the show multiple times that this show's intermission was different than normal. I'm not entirely clear why, but it sucks that you guys got to see the show very clearly not at its best. :/
knq
lava lamp

mermaid blood wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:55 am did anyone else think the '2 minute' drawings were pre-done and they just sent them to each other in that speed-up clip? there's no way they could've done those on a track pad in that time and have them turn out that coherent, we've seen their skills in other time-based drawing games on the channel. not showing them drawing it, which presumably would've been funny and energetic to watch, also a give away. i liked that they did do them before-hand though, much more satisfying. they're both better at doodling than you would think they would be.
Yes! Dan used three colors just on the hair. You know it took him at least 2 minutes to decide on the correct gradient.

Dan seemed especially defensive about no one being disappointed by the drawings because they didn’t really try/they used track pads/THEY DON’T CARE OKAY, which makes more sense to me if he actually spent some time on it.

I thought it was odd they were emailing the drawings to each other. You’re both right there. Just switch laptops?

Related to your comment about high expectations for Dan living his truth—which I’ve accidentally removed from the quote above ugh sorry—I’m with you.

While there were no furry references in the video itself, Dan on Twitter and in the YouTube comments immediately started linking ‘living my truth’ with furries. I see that as his standard defenses in play and I’m not saying that ‘living my truth’ was originally about anything anthropomorphic or that that’s all it’s about, but I do think that’s why he mentions it in this video. Because of the sloth bear and the scalesonas, not because he’s hinting at anything more to come.
sugar
eclipse shirt

i think my thing with dan’s nails is just a result of my upbringing? my mom pretty much instilled in me that my nails needed to be constantly clipped down or painted so seeing dan’s nails like that is just distracting for me. reading this thread, it’s clear that not everyone feels that way so as much as it really does catch my eye and divert my attention i’m supporting whatever he wants to do with them. i do wish he would paint them though, if only for selfish reasons.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I feel like at this point we need some kind of compilation of all the stupid urls deps have bought. lizardlickers.com was bought at some point after the last video
firsttimeposter
living flop

I don't mind them playing this sponsored games, as they still try to make bants (and usually additional stuff like the friendship quizzes and this drawing game), however I hate dragon city! It's a complete ripoff of Dragonvale, one of my favorite games from like five years ago haha, and when dnp say "oh this dragon isn't even a dragon" ok like YEAH please hate on this game some more, it's so unoriginal.

Anyway.. I really miss their liveshows a lot! I know they're posting Instagram stories, but lately they've been later in the evening, and though they're nice stories, they don't hold the standard that liveshows were holding!

It's already eight pm, and there have been no activity from the boys at all today, I'm desperately hoping this means a liveshow or the trailer for ii, or smth like that. If dan gives us a song recommendation and That's It, imma be a bit frustrated.
Last edited by firsttimeposter on Sun May 27, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.