Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

ty:

ly:
gif credit: dan-isnotonfire-howell-imagine

bb:
gif credit: uslovesphan

ooh don’t you just love those baby photos!

Happy posting :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aww, fetus-faced Dan and them with the baby, great start to the thread.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

That gif with Pearl is going to kill me
susan2
rainbow nerd

oops from the edinburgh venue
hopefully this doesn't cause them problems on Saturday
i'm going to this show and my ticket is indeed printed saying it's VIP, even tho its not
a section of the show
The part of Interactive Introverts I was most excited for was 'Real Conversation Time', hoping that we'd learn some new 'real' things about D+P and get to hear them waffle about some interesting topics. It's such a shame that it already seems to be falling into a clear and predictable pattern (below). [Thanks @alittledizzy for the show notes! :thumb:]. I wonder if they're getting more varied questions/topics and are choosing to stick with these 'safe' options...or if this is simply what they're getting(?)
YouTube & Creativity
  • I want to start a youtube channel, but I think i will fail. What do I do?
  • Any advice for starting a youtube channel? Also what should I call it?
  • Do you have any advice for new you tubers?
  • Should I keep posting animations to youtube even though I rarely have time for it because of my job?
  • How do you push yourself to create if you are stuck in a rut?
School / Uni
  • What should I expect when going to university? Any hints?
  • Give me an idea for my final art piece. The theme is: surface.
  • How do I know what to take at college and what to do for the rest of my life? I just don't get it.
  • Should I bet a tattooist or a lawyer, because I want to be both.
Friends
  • I'm starting a new college. What if I make no friends?
  • Have you ever felt really out of place in a group of people that are supposed to be your friends?
  • How do I stop worrying what people think of me?
  • There's this guy I like, but I'm too scared to talk to him because I'm socially awkward and I make vine jokes. What can I do to not be clingy?
  • People call me cringe at school because I like anime.
  • What advice would you give to someone without irl friends but they’ve got internet friends?
Career/Life Reflection
  • What would you go back in time and change about your life?
  • What is a moment of your life you would change, and why?
  • Reflecting on our career and what we've been up to, is there anything that we would have done differently?
About them
  • What do you argue about, Dan and Phil? Any advice for settling an argument with someone else?
  • Have either of you ever broken a bone? I broke my finger.
  • What is something you have never tried before that you'd like to have a go at?
  • If you could travel anywhere for a month, where would you go?
Other
  • Do a Scottish accent.
  • How can you try and sleep early without the need to google deep dive?
filming
I'm curious - has anyone who went to the Glasgow show confirmed that they did actually film there? I originally had a ticket for Glasgow but ended up selling it when the recording was announced on the venues website. However, when I contacted D+P's tour team for help, so I could instead get a ticket for an alternative non-filmed show, they responded (on 2 May) saying "at the moment there are no plans to film any of the UK shows" :hmmm:
(...but D+P said? ...and London no? :shrug:) So I'm confused, I saw that Glasgow was basically the same show as London, so it would make sense, but oddly haven't seen anyone who was there mention any filming signs or cameras.

...anyone else daring to dream that they are actually filming this documentary about their lives?
kalli
butt chair

All this talk about Deppy with babies/as parents inspired me to look at designer clothes for children, and I found a few things that Dan will definitely buy for his future children. I'm prepared for pictures of him with a little one in matching Givenchy someday...

https://www.childrensalon.com/givenchy- ... 01936.html

https://www.childrensalon.com/givenchy- ... 01957.html

I can't imagine Mr.Capita£ester being the type to want to dress his kids in expensive clothes that they will outgrow in a matter of months, but I feel like he would be in favour of something like this little unicorn purse. Tbh if I had a child who wanted this and the money to buy it, I would probably get it for them too. I'm sure I would have been obsessed with it when I was little as well, it's just too adorable :sparkle:
https://www.childrensalon.com/gucci-gg- ... 12966.html
I also would have loved the matching shoes as a kid, especially with those yellow soles:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

just a cute part from the transcript that @alittledizzy provided
"P: I think in recent times I might have started instagram stories a bit quicker.
D: Oh yeah. Except Phil, you didn't start it before because we don't go outside. Our life isn't very interesting."

even though we've heard "our life" a billion times from them, it's just still very nice to hear. especially when they reiterate that they go everywhere together and stay inside together
it really is their life
am i weird for still getting Soft™ over that or??
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I'm going to put fuel in @SHITiveHITtheFANdom's Eurovision :illuminati: from the previous thread and say that Dan and Phil definitely know who the Finnish performer is because Dan used to follow her on Twitter when she was a contestant in X Factor UK.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

kalli wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 am All this talk about Deppy with babies/as parents inspired me to look at designer clothes for children, and I found a few things that Dan will definitely buy for his future children. I'm prepared for pictures of him with a little one in matching Givenchy someday...

https://www.childrensalon.com/givenchy- ... 01936.html

https://www.childrensalon.com/givenchy- ... 01957.html

I can't imagine Mr.Capita£ester being the type to want to dress his kids in expensive clothes that they will outgrow in a matter of months, but I feel like he would be in favour of something like this little unicorn purse. Tbh if I had a child who wanted this and the money to buy it, I would probably get it for them too. I'm sure I would have been obsessed with it when I was little as well, it's just too adorable :sparkle:
https://www.childrensalon.com/gucci-gg- ... 12966.html
I also would have loved the matching shoes as a kid, especially with those yellow soles:
im itching to draw this now but its late at night and im a sad piece of adult who needs to wake up early for work
i could definitely see it. gunna be the most fashion forward child in all of london tbh
"you are next to me in my life"
tylybb
smol bean

Hi! I'm a longtime lurker and activated this account a few days back and thought it would be fun to say hi because the thread title matches my account name! Just wanted to say that it's nice to see how open they're being lately, and that seeing how positive everyone on here has honestly made me feel so happy!
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

somethingsketchy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:29 am I'm going to put fuel in @SHITiveHITtheFANdom's Eurovision :illuminati: from the previous thread and say that Dan and Phil definitely know who the Finnish performer is because Dan used to follow her on Twitter when she was a contestant in X Factor UK.
Wait, so my gay fetish club stage inspiration conspiracy theory has a bite?? :rofl: :rofl: Mwuahahaha I've never felt so gleefully evil :devious:
Hmm, I guess I could get more behind the two apartments theory if they really just needed extra space for a designated playspace... :illuminati:

On a related note, it's a right shame we don't have a bondage emoji - give me a baton or handcuffs, something to work with!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

tylybb wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 am Hi! I'm a longtime lurker and activated this account a few days back and thought it would be fun to say hi because the thread title matches my account name! Just wanted to say that it's nice to see how open they're being lately, and that seeing how positive everyone on here has honestly made me feel so happy!
welcome !! :)

yeah i agree, everyone seems so positive and the boys seem very happy and it makes me very very happy too!
:gayaf:
simmehchan
butt chair

susan2 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 am filming
I'm curious - has anyone who went to the Glasgow show confirmed that they did actually film there? I originally had a ticket for Glasgow but ended up selling it when the recording was announced on the venues website. However, when I contacted D+P's tour team for help, so I could instead get a ticket for an alternative non-filmed show, they responded (on 2 May) saying "at the moment there are no plans to film any of the UK shows" :hmmm:
(...but D+P said? ...and London no? :shrug:) So I'm confused, I saw that Glasgow was basically the same show as London, so it would make sense, but oddly haven't seen anyone who was there mention any filming signs or cameras.

...anyone else daring to dream that they are actually filming this documentary about their lives?
Yeah I was there, and saw no cameras at all. It did say it was gonna be filmed, but I saw no signs of anything like that, unless they were filming from the balcony which seems unlikely.

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
dancy
procrastinator

The Russian text apparently says "visa for Russia".
simmehchan wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 pm
susan2 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 am filming

Yeah I was there, and saw no cameras at all. It did say it was gonna be filmed, but I saw no signs of anything like that, unless they were filming from the balcony which seems unlikely.
(Not gonna put this under a spoiler because I don't see the point)

That's weird, as far as I know the Glasgow venue was the only one to state on their website that it would be filmed. The London show was recorded though, wasn't it? I do think it's a bit weird if that would be the only one, considering they said they'd use footage from multiple shows for the trailer.

After today's show, they've got two days off. I wonder if they're gonna use that time to go back to London and film some videos or whether they'll go straight to Edinburgh (Dan said he thinks it's the most beautiful city in the world so I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to spend a few days there). I hope this small break means that they'll upload either a gaming video or the trailer.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

dancy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:55 pm
(Impeccable timing... I was just about to post these myself. Haha!)

When Phil first posted, my immediate thought was "JFC, how many passport pictures does one man need?!" Visa pics though.... that makes sense.

Also, computing that I had just read a Russian caption on Dan's IG story really threw me. Made that trip feel a little more real. I'm so excited to hear about their experiences in Russia and see the IG stories and generally find out how all of that goes! AAHHH!!
Ataraxia25
flower crown

it may be a stupid question but : can’t you have the same picture for the passport and visa? why did phil need to redo some pictures? do you need the five of them for the passport?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

dan looks like a god damn model in those photos, esp in b&w. also phils hair in his!! i'm happy he ditched the straightener tbh.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:58 pm it may be a stupid question but : can’t you have the same picture for the passport and visa? why did phil need to redo some pictures? do you need the five of them for the passport?
I think it's probably because they need a lot of visas? Since they're working they'll need them for countries they normally wouldn't have to. I can't recall how many places they're going that they need work visas for, but it could be quite a few, meaning they'll need multiple photos.
serenlas
tol bean

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:58 pm it may be a stupid question but : can’t you have the same picture for the passport and visa? why did phil need to redo some pictures? do you need the five of them for the passport?
I think it's probably because they need a lot of visas? Since they're working they'll need them for countries they normally wouldn't have to. I can't recall how many places they're going that they need work visas for, but it could be quite a few, meaning they'll need multiple photos.
Also, when I got my US visa I needed a slightly different sized photo to my passport one, so I had to get two sets.
I thought it was law that you have to look terrible in any official photos but apparently these boys are the exception!
Ataraxia25
flower crown

serenlas wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:42 pm
topdanhowellmemes wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Also, when I got my US visa I needed a slightly different sized photo to my passport one, so I had to get two sets.
I thought it was law that you have to look terrible in any official photos but apparently these boys are the exception!

oh okay, yeah, i get it now! thanks :)
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Emma aka brummymummyof2 just posted her weekly vlog which covers her visit to see ii with Louise. Dan and Phil don't appear in it, but she does talks about them a bit and the show.

She starts filming with Louise at around the 12 1/2 minute mark.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I currently don’t have anyone who can provide audio for me to transcribe for the following II shows in May:

- Edinburgh (12 May - matinee)
- Edinburgh (12 May - evening)
- Liverpool (13 May - matinee)
- Liverpool (13 May - evening)
- Manchester (14 May)
- Manchester (15 May)
- Plymouth (18 May)
- Belfast (28 May)
- Dublin (29 May)
- Dublin (30 May)

So if you're going to any of those shows or know anyone who is that wouldn't mind audio recording, please let me know!

(I'll also be posting on tumblr later but I'm not really keen on just contacting strangers out of the blue - and I'm not confident I'd get a response anyway - so if I people aren't coming forward volunteering, there will likely just be more days in which there are no transcripts.)
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

How are people recording sound? I might be able to record Liverpool matinee if someone can give me some advice about recording.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Sunshine wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:14 pm How are people recording sound? I might be able to record Liverpool matinee if someone can give me some advice about recording.
The way I've done it before it to use the voice memo app on my phone (iPhone) and then leave my phone face down (so people can't see the screen) on my knee or if security is being particularly eagle-eyed, I rest it on my bag at my feet. The sound is normally loud enough that it picks it up.

I've been feeling story deprived today, but Phil on the piano makes up for it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh wow, Phil on the piano, that intense stare, whatever that sound was (“yaiy”?). Love it.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

It's actually kinda impressive that no matter how bad my mood is, a little update from them always manages to put a smile on my face