Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Rolling my eyes at those emojis. So Salisbury looks to be about a quarter of the way between Basingstoke and Plymouth. You’d think they’d have left earlier or that their stories would have been closer together in time now that I see the car ride is approximately 2 and a half hours. Can Instagram stories be delayed? Like can you use videos and photos you took earlier on your phone or is it all live? I feel like I heard something about it being live earlier, though that seems silly now but I don’t really have any idea how it works.
alien
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 pm Rolling my eyes at those emojis. So Salisbury looks to be about a quarter of the way between Basingstoke and Plymouth. You’d think they’d have left earlier or that their stories would have been closer together in time now that I see the car ride is approximately 2 and a half hours. Can Instagram stories be delayed? Like can you use videos and photos you took earlier on your phone or is it all live? I feel like I heard something about it being live earlier, though that seems silly now but I don’t really have any idea how it works.
You can take and edit pics/vids/gifs/etc from the instastory app then save it to your phone and post later if you want to.
autumnhearth
senpai

Cool, thanks. Sorry I didn’t notice my post was on the top of the page again or I would have quoted the Stonehenge Instastory. I’ll just to that now so it’s here.
alittledizzy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:34 pm
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i still don't get the winkwink nudge part in that phil ls???
also i agree with @liola
about the unseen footage
or maybe dan set the camera up bc he was about to film and phil randomly just sat down to fix his hair in the view finder idk?

i hope we get a sims video today, but i understand if we don't. how many shows do the boys have to do today?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

I wrote this earlier but didn’t want to double post and had to head out the door so just coming back to continue tour travel thoughts.

These traveling instas have got me wondering about their tour car. From what limited content we got of the UK leg of TATINOF (I wasn’t in phandom at the time so am only going off social media photos and DAPGO) I had the impression that someone was just driving the two of them around. But from that ‘tour lyfe’ story we got, there were six people and I imagine the driver wasn’t just a hired driver, but one of the crew. And that makes sense, it’s practical, more economical and eco friendly. Of course they are also taking the train for some trips, so it definitely seems to vary from point a to point b. So yeah, I was just curious if there were six people today or if that was a one time late night drive thing. (No way of knowing I know). I’ll admit do have a romantic image of Dan driving with Phil in the front seat, however unlikely. I’m also curious if Mark is just there for the UK leg and helping put together the trailer or if he’ll travel the world and be involved in some other project. I know they said they weren’t doing another book or documentary and the instastories kinda make it less likely but :shrug: Thoughts?

Also the boys look great in their monochromatic jumpers today. And Phil is wearing glasses which is always a win. Oh! Looks like Phil got too warm and is wearing a grey tee with a Katamari character peeking out of the pocket, cute! I feel weird picking and linking people’s M&G tweets, so just head over to meetingphan on Twitter if you’re curious.
sweetlyphan
delia smith

confusedpanda wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 am
rizzo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:50 am Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and ask this question at the risk of potentially coming off incredibly forgetful.

In Phil's newest video, he shows a clip of himself fixing his hair, presumably before filming a video. Except I don't recognize the setting at all.

source

It looks exactly like the hotel Dan filmed "How To Survive Exams" in (same curtains, same wall, same chair), but... I don't recall Phil ever posting a video of himself in said hotel.

So, what I'm asking is.... Does anyone recognize what video that's from? Or is it something Phil filmed but never posted? And if so, can we bother him for that #secretcontent?
I was literally just thinking about this clip a few hours ago and it’s been bothering me because, I’m pretty sure it’s just an outtake/raw footage from “how to survive exams” except, for some odd reason, it’s flipped??
Phil wasn't in "How To Survive Exams"
:prideheart2:
hello9217
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:39 pm I wrote this earlier but didn’t want to double post and had to head out the door so just coming back to continue tour travel thoughts.

These traveling instas have got me wondering about their tour car. From what limited content we got of the UK leg of TATINOF (I wasn’t in phandom at the time so am only going off social media photos and DAPGO) I had the impression that someone was just driving the two of them around. But from that ‘tour lyfe’ story we got, there were six people and I imagine the driver wasn’t just a hired driver, but one of the crew. And that makes sense, it’s practical, more economical and eco friendly. Of course they are also taking the train for some trips, so it definitely seems to vary from point a to point b. So yeah, I was just curious if there were six people today or if that was a one time late night drive thing. (No way of knowing I know). I’ll admit do have a romantic image of Dan driving with Phil in the front seat, however unlikely. I’m also curious if Mark is just there for the UK leg and helping put together the trailer or if he’ll travel the world and be involved in some other project. I know they said they weren’t doing another book or documentary and the instastories kinda make it less likely but :shrug: Thoughts?

Also the boys look great in their monochromatic jumpers today. And Phil is wearing glasses which is always a win. Oh! Looks like Phil got too warm and is wearing a grey tee with a Katamari character peeking out of the pocket, cute! I feel weird picking and linking people’s M&G tweets, so just head over to meetingphan on Twitter if you’re curious.
I'm pretty sure Mark will leave once the UK finishes, since that's what he did for TATINOF. I actually think he already got what he needed then left since he is in Barcelona right now. I think he was hired not only to take pics but also to help make the trailer. Definitely think there is going to be no documentary but I also think that the show will be put on Netflix. This is mainly based off of that Sue Perkins interview they did last year where they said they would only want to work with a company that has an international reach towards people so no one is excluded.

I'm curious about the US leg. They said in their joint liveshow back in November that they really didn't want another tour bus, or at least to the extent they had it during TATINOF. They said they might have to have "a bit of tour bus" so I wonder if they just plan on driving throughout the whole thing in large cars. They should just rent a car for them and drive to each place, or more accurately dan should drive them. The US is basically just driving in a straight line for hours so it really isn't that difficult. I guess we shall see soon...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:39 pm I wrote this earlier but didn’t want to double post and had to head out the door so just coming back to continue tour travel thoughts.

re: the fact that they only travel with six people in the van... I have a feeling that the bulk of the crew is working a much tighter schedule than Dan and Phil/their immediate entourage is. It was that way in America, at least a couple times Dan and Phil would fly ahead to the next destination a couple days earlier and just chill in advance of the shows while the buses caught up to them. Makes sense, though - Dan and Phil are the ones that have to be nice and rested for the performances. I guess it also gives them the freedom to sometimes forgo the car travel completely and just hop a train by themselves if they've got other plans they want to work into the schedule.
DatCog
blobfish

Ha, Dan posted the Stonehenge clip about 10 minutes before I actually drove past the very same spot which was weird! The traffic was very slow (it usually is around there) and I thought straight away that he must have taken it quite a bit earlier because it's still several hours from Plymouth at that point.
autumnhearth
senpai

Hmm definitely didn’t see this an hour ago.
dancy
procrastinator

I kinda love the fact there's no caption (besides that random beach ball?) or any particular reason Phil took that selfie besides thinking he looked good, with a slight smirk on his face.
hello9217 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 pm

I'm pretty sure Mark will leave once the UK finishes, since that's what he did for TATINOF. I actually think he already got what he needed then left since he is in Barcelona right now. I think he was hired not only to take pics but also to help make the trailer. Definitely think there is going to be no documentary but I also think that the show will be put on Netflix. This is mainly based off of that Sue Perkins interview they did last year where they said they would only want to work with a company that has an international reach towards people so no one is excluded.

I'm curious about the US leg. They said in their joint liveshow back in November that they really didn't want another tour bus, or at least to the extent they had it during TATINOF. They said they might have to have "a bit of tour bus" so I wonder if they just plan on driving throughout the whole thing in large cars. They should just rent a car for them and drive to each place, or more accurately dan should drive them. The US is basically just driving in a straight line for hours so it really isn't that difficult. I guess we shall see soon...
Yup, I think Mark's job is pretty much done (and I assume that means the trailer is coming out soon) and D&P did say in that one liveshow they'd probably put a recording of an Interactive Introverts show on Netflix.

I'm guessing they will have a tour bus but they might wanna sleep in hotels/motels more often and use a car for cities that aren't too far apart and occasionally travel by plane.

Random side note but my show is in about two weeks from now and I still haven't submitted the audience participation form. I'm kinda wondering when they actually look at the submissions and choose which answers to include in the show. On the day of the show? One or more days beforehand? I don't know how many people usually fill in the form but I can't imagine D&P are able to look through all of them. I know Phil said that the deadline is basically the day of your show but I'm not sure if they'll even look at submissions that were sent in that late. I mean, for PINOF 9 they mostly picked questions that were asked within an hour after Phil's tweet, even though Dan said in a live show you could still tweet them questions a day after :shrug:
apathy
sad dimple

ratlad wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:19 pm about the unseen footage
or maybe dan set the camera up bc he was about to film and phil randomly just sat down to fix his hair in the view finder idk?
My assumption was that he was just filling space so Dan could focus the camera/set up the shot he wanted before he started filming, as they've mentioned doing that kind of thing for each other several times before, and because of the non-camera-face waving. I don't think his hair had been fixed to actually be on camera, so it made an extreme example of what he didn't like about it.

Also I want that Katamari t-shirt, but apparently it's out of stock in my size if this is the only place to get it, and also $29 is way too much. D:
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/unis ... rince.html
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

just going to drop this here. may his legacy live forever and may their earnings from the tour make him weep with nothing other than pure elation

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

dancy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm
I'm guessing they will have a tour bus but they might wanna sleep in hotels/motels more often and use a car for cities that aren't too far apart and occasionally travel by plane.
I'm thinking they'll do their very best to avoid a Tour Bus (tm), because they don't want to be mobbed at the stage door or otherwise go around in a big target ripe for mobbing. Also, no one wants Busgate 2.0.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
hello9217
flower crown

So whose going to be the one to tell that him all the corgis have died
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:24 pm
So whose going to be the one to tell that him all the corgis have died
Looks like honors went to Bryony:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, Bryony, way to soften the blow. That cinema-pee clip’s interesting to see again. He was doing so well until he tripped over the guy’s legs. Love when says, “is this tmi? I don’t know” like, yes, Phil, it is, but keep going, it’s good insight into your thoughts.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's story is lovely.
It's got such a melancholy and slightly vulnerable feel to it. I hope he gets some enjoyment out of sharing things like that.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:48 am Dan's story is lovely.
It's got such a melancholy and slightly vulnerable feel to it. I hope he gets some enjoyment out of sharing things like that.
I find this video oddly soothing. tbh I also felt that way about watching a pigeon feeder in London though.

One of the many things that draws me to Dan (and to Phil) is how often they talk about being scared. I'm not certain that I use the word in the same way they do, but I do know I've never met anyone who talks about being scared as often as them. I don't know why that is, if it's cultural or if it's to do with rejecting masculine gender roles or both or neither but either way, I like it, it's validating or relatable or something.
ratlad
angel bean

oh boy, how i relate to dan on that...
car rides at night give me so much nostalgia, i miss taking long day trips as a kid. something about the security and smoothness and the soothing sound of cars and being pressed up against people (family, in my case)
is just really comforting.
ironically, cars are now a huge fear of mine.
i hope either of them are resting their head on the other's shoulder.. it's uncomfortable, but the human contact is reassuring when you're in a dark car. and because it's just cute to think about.
(sorry for this weird tangent)
greenergrass
stress mushroom

watsonian wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:14 am
alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:48 am Dan's story is lovely.
I find this video oddly soothing. tbh I also felt that way about watching a pigeon feeder in London though.

One of the many things that draws me to Dan (and to Phil) is how often they talk about being scared. I'm not certain that I use the word in the same way they do, but I do know I've never met anyone who talks about being scared as often as them. I don't know why that is, if it's cultural or if it's to do with rejecting masculine gender roles or both or neither but either way, I like it, it's validating or relatable or something.
I also really like that about them. I feel like in a way there's some effort of rejecting gender norms - they do the same thing with talking openly about crying. There's probably a part that is just them honestly expressing emotions and maybe not thinking much about it (kind of your 'cultural' option I guess?), but I do think they are aware and at times actively try to make sure they are talking about these things in a way to break gender norms. So basically, my answer is probably 'both'?

edit:
ratlad wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:31 am i hope either of them are resting their head on the other's shoulder
funny you mentioned that because that's what I immediately pictured after seeing the instagram post. I imagined Dan posting that insta, then resting his head against phil's shoulder in a kind of content but melancholy way and staring out the window
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

apathy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 pm
ratlad wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:19 pm about the unseen footage
My assumption was that he was just filling space so Dan could focus the camera/set up the shot he wanted before he started filming, as they've mentioned doing that kind of thing for each other several times before, and because of the non-camera-face waving. I don't think his hair had been fixed to actually be on camera, so it made an extreme example of what he didn't like about it.
I think I've solved the mystery! I've been thinking about this way too much, and now I've combined some theories to create the ultimate truth:
While filming the exams video, Dan used Phil as a mannequin to focus the camera, set up the lighting and compose the shot. (And they filmed it because they're extra.) They have an external hard drive/a laptop that they use when travelling/on tour, so the footage of the exams video was available to use, including Phil content. The video is flipped to make it seem like a different room than the one Dan filmed his video in. Boom
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

do we really think that at this point in 2018 that dan and phil would be that afraid of us recognizing a hotel room that dan filmed a video in nearly 2 years ago? i also give phil more credit than that to think we’d be that easily fooled and i think phil gives us more credit than that as well.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

idk wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 pm just going to drop this here. may his legacy live forever and may their earnings from the tour make him weep with nothing other than pure elation

Okay I obviously love Phil but I can't help but feel that I would hate him as a customer if he were to come into my job after hearing that pizza story. "The moral of the story is to be that person that complains." No Phil that is never the moral of the story, please do not harass any poor waitresses/clerks/etc. over something they have no control over and probably don't have the authority to decide to give you your money back. I hope he at least always asks to voice his complaints to a manager or something. (I'm probably just triggered from my own job dealing with customers, I just really hope he's reasonable about it because so many people are rude to me over minor inconveniences that I have no control over.)

I also did not know all the corgis are dead. So sad. I loved the way he said "hit me up Liz" tho :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
ratlad
angel bean

KatjaZoe wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:18 am
idk wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 pm just going to drop this here. may his legacy live forever and may their earnings from the tour make him weep with nothing other than pure elation

Okay I obviously love Phil but I can't help but feel that I would hate him as a customer if he were to come into my job after hearing that pizza story. "The moral of the story is to be that person that complains." No Phil that is never the moral of the story, please do not harass any poor waitresses/clerks/etc. over something they have no control over and probably don't have the authority to decide to give you your money back. I hope he at least always asks to voice his complaints to a manager or something.
Phil "Can I Speak To The Manager" Lester