Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:31 pm Aw, I'm glad they're out sightseeing.

And can we start a 'spot the Marianne' game? I love finding her lurking around in pictures. I wonder if they're traveling with the whole entourage? I can imagine everyone in the crew would enjoy the chance to see the city.
I was thinking this earlier on, she is sometimes hiding in the background but in some of the photos from today she looks like a random tourist just walking by haha, I wonder why she does that? (also I have no idea why the person who tweeted this picture says she didn't like her before, why are people so against Marianne, she is super lovely). I edited her a little so that we can play "Where's Marianne" :lol: :lol:

Oh and also they go with the whole entourage, this guy in the blue shirt (who looks like he's judging everyone) is their security guy! I saw him telling off half the crowd in Amsterdam for using their phones :lol:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

missemma wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:21 pm Oh and also they go with the whole entourage, this guy in the blue shirt (who looks like he's judging everyone) is their security guy! I saw him telling off half the crowd in Amsterdam for using their phones :lol:
So last year they had Drake and now they have this guy - I wonder if anyone has started a fandom for him yet. If not I'm going to take credit for being #1 fan and founder

I love Phil's priss face in the photo too
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Amiaw wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:33 pm So last year they had Drake and now they have this guy - I wonder if anyone has started a fandom for him yet. If not I'm going to take credit for being #1 fan and founder

I love Phil's priss face in the photo too
There is him and another guy but I can't see him in the photo so can't point him out.
human
dan hand trash

sugar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 pm yep, just came by to share this definitely seems like cyber security is the reason for the social media break and the old phones. i don't doubt that they maybe thought a detox would be good anyway, but this seems to be a big factor. interesting that dan did the whole 'for no reason at all', akin to the bahamas tweet last year. glad you mentioned it @sparkle cause i'd been thinking the same thing. but what i'm saying is i wonder why dan was so vague about it instead of just being up front.
I feel like it might be a bit rude to say "hi we're coming to your country but leaving our gadgets behind because we don't think they'll be safe there but we love you!". They've probably just opted to leave all the hassle at home so they can focus on the show and meeting fans.

Omg @missemma how are you so epic. The find Marianne game is going to be amazing. The new security guy needs a name... so we had Drake. He needs another rapper's name lol.
annabanana
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:58 pm
annabanana wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 pm Anyone have an idea of what Phil is saying at 8:24 in the new video after "but the question is?" I hear 'bosen' but that means nothing to me so maybe I'm hearing it wrong :shrug:
An anon on tumblr messaged me to answer you, they said it's "boatswain" which is pronounced "bosen."
Thank you!! It's an odd word to hear in everyday conversation as the only place I remember it from is reading Shakespeare in high school.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I'm confused why they said they would post the pics with the fans on instagram after their social media break? They never really do that unless its Make a Wish or something, right?
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
hello9217
flower crown

KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:00 pm I'm confused why they said they would post the pics with the fans on instagram after their social media break? They never really do that unless its Make a Wish or something, right?
Yeah at first I thought it was just a rumor or something but a few people that met them today all said the same thing. Maybe it will be like a thanks for having us russia sorry we couldn't post more about our trip sort of thing. I saw one of the people say dan was taking individual photos as well with other people on his own phone which is just very very weird. Guess we will find out in two days.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm
KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:00 pm I'm confused why they said they would post the pics with the fans on instagram after their social media break? They never really do that unless its Make a Wish or something, right?
Yeah at first I thought it was just a rumor or something but a few people that met them today all said the same thing. Maybe it will be like a thanks for having us russia sorry we couldn't post more about our trip sort of thing. I saw one of the people say dan was taking individual photos as well with other people on his own phone which is just very very weird. Guess we will find out in two days.
Yeah I'm leaning toward them posting some kind of highlights of Russia thing as sort of an apology for not posting while they were actually there, since they've tried to show something of most other places they've visited.
dancy
procrastinator

human wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 pm
sugar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 pm yep, just came by to share this definitely seems like cyber security is the reason for the social media break and the old phones. i don't doubt that they maybe thought a detox would be good anyway, but this seems to be a big factor. interesting that dan did the whole 'for no reason at all', akin to the bahamas tweet last year. glad you mentioned it @sparkle cause i'd been thinking the same thing. but what i'm saying is i wonder why dan was so vague about it instead of just being up front.
I feel like it might be a bit rude to say "hi we're coming to your country but leaving our gadgets behind because we don't think they'll be safe there but we love you!". They've probably just opted to leave all the hassle at home so they can focus on the show and meeting fans.
How could D&P have their laptops and phones at home if they didn't go home before they flew to Moscow? They definitely had their electronic devices while they were in Amsterdam, so if this theory is true I'm assuming someone from the crew didn't go to Russia with them and is keeping their stuff safe for now until they arrive in Berlin (if that makes sense).

I don't get how Dan could post those pictures with fans on Instagram in two days, considering they have an evening show that day and will still be in Russia… Did he mean to say three days?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Just seen this, wonder if this was a coincidence or not.... (also, if anyone cares, the guy in front of D&P is also part of the management, and I've seen the man in the suit in other photos in the square so I wonder if he is an official guide or something).
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

that twitter post makes a looootttt of sense!! i'm impressed by the phandom yet again.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Ah, so the mystery of the social media detox seems to be (most likely) solved. Was interesting to read the posts about the topic today, and it seems to make sense now.

But, a more pressing topic (j/k) for me - I've seen so many people on different platforms mention how weird it was that Dan was wearing shorts and a long-sleeve top/sweater. I am so confused why this is considered weird. I'm gonna assume this is coming from people who live in an only strictly warm or strictly cold climate? Because that is such a common combination of clothes in Canada, particularly around the spring or fall seasons. Anyways, this really isn't important at all lol but I am finding those posts really amusing and confusing
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:23 pm Ah, so the mystery of the social media detox seems to be (most likely) solved. Was interesting to read the posts about the topic today, and it seems to make sense now.

But, a more pressing topic (j/k) for me - I've seen so many people on different platforms mention how weird it was that Dan was wearing shorts and a long-sleeve top/sweater. I am so confused why this is considered weird. I'm gonna assume this is coming from people who live in an only strictly warm or strictly cold climate? Because that is such a common combination of clothes in Canada, particularly around the spring or fall seasons. Anyways, this really isn't important at all lol but I am finding those posts really amusing and confusing
agree, the long sleeve + shorts combo is a good balance, especially around this time of year over here.
and dan's shirt look pretty light, i don't see a difference from a short sleeve and jeans combo!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 am
whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:23 pm Ah, so the mystery of the social media detox seems to be (most likely) solved. Was interesting to read the posts about the topic today, and it seems to make sense now.

agree, the long sleeve + shorts combo is a good balance, especially around this time of year over here.
and dan's shirt look pretty light, i don't see a difference from a short sleeve and jeans combo!!
as another canadian, i can double agree. talking about today which seems as if the weather changes every 5 minutes, and im not even exaggerating. i know its sunny but im just going to bring an umbrella just in case....everyday is a dilemma of what to wear so i always just opt to wear layers for flexibility.
"you are next to me in my life"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

ame wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:42 am
ratlad wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 am

as another canadian, i can double agree. talking about today which seems as if the weather changes every 5 minutes, and im not even exaggerating. i know its sunny but im just going to bring an umbrella just in case....everyday is a dilemma of what to wear so i always just opt to wear layers for flexibility.
It's the same in much of the US (though not Northern California :sideeye:): my summer outfit is shorts and a tshirt--with a sweatshirt handy. It's a point of pride not to wear jeans in the summer :tu:.

As for taking phones/computers abroad, I've been worried about leaving the US and coming back in again--as a US citizen. US Border Protection has no problem asking you to open up your devices for their snooping, and while you can technically say no, they make that a painful choice. A lot of travel advisers suggest taking a burner phone abroad. So, if this is true for US citizens in the US, it's not too surprising that it's also a concern for foreigners in Russia.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I just put up the Amsterdam matinee notes. Cutest bit, imo:
Dan's question: How many driving exams did Phil have?
D: Okay. Just remember, if you ever felt scared in your life that's because Phil has a driving license and you know.
P: [??]
D: Imagine Phil in a car. That's a horror movie. Get Out is quaking.
P: How many exams did I have?
D: I know that you had several...
P: Yeah...
D: Because your parents, they really hate you for that.
P: They do.
D: Including the one that you passed?
P: Yes.
D: Four.
P: Yeah!
D: You did four.
P: Four driving tests.
D: Didn't you only get past because-
P: My driving instructor won the lottery, so he didn't really care if I passed or failed. He was just like oh I'm [??] bye forever.
D: And let this monster loose into the world. You're not safe. A UK driving license - for now- you can still use it in Europe.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

seeing as its been about a day since weve had some d+p content, ive just been rewatching their old stuff when this one popped up on the related videos....and let me say how pleasantly reminded i am that this grown man can actually say the word "vagina", not just once, but several times throughout the video. idk if its because he was with louise, or because it was uploaded on his side channel, but it happened. where was this during the vagina and penis euphemisms discussion? (i guess i kinda forgot as well so i cant blame anyone)
also this is also a relevant topic to the dan's recent russia selfie outfit, but his goddamn legs are so pretty?????even from 5 years ago his legs were already pretty and until now???? like???????? is this even legal?????????????? dan hook a person up, i need to know your secret to keeping great legs™
Last edited by mermaid blood on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
"you are next to me in my life"
knq
lava lamp

I just felt this tweet was relevant to the weather-appropriate clothing conversation.
So basically this is just Spring for Dan, but also it's a hard life when your fans and soulmate don't understand your clothing choices.

I can't agree as far as temperature regulation goes, but I ain't complaining because Dan has legs and this pleases me. Also, Dan's legs next to Phil's legs.

Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

watsonian wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:30 am Image
just.... wow. i could stare at this picture for days.
:gayaf:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

i look forward to seeing Russia stuff when they leave, i'm glad they're making an effort not to leave that fanbase out all together. i wonder what the shows will be like; i hope our russian friends pull through for @alittledizzy's transcripts. i'm addicted now, the thought of a missing show makes me antsy.

does dan's shirt
ame wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:56 am seeing as its been about a day since weve had some d+p content, ive just been rewatching their old stuff when this one popped up on the related videos....and let me say how pleasantly reminded i am that this grown man can actually say the word "vagina", not just once, but several times throughout the video. idk if its because he was with louise, or because it was uploaded on his side channel, but it happened. where was this during the vagina and penis euphemisms discussion? (i guess i kinda forgot as well so i cant blame anyone)
yuuup. and is genuinely curious about hair removal of the vulva and is empathetic and respectful when Louise gives him the information. (5.45). shock, horror! it's possible, indeed even ideal, that a cis man can acknowledge, learn about, and refer to genitalia he doesn't possess. the world doesn't collapse, no one is inappropriately treated or disrespected. continuing to keep biologically female bodies as the censored, hushed 'other' in our societies while conversely the penis is a free-for-all is what ensures this, not transparency.

the censorship is only a recent thing. i think editing out 'labia' (but leaving in ever single other word in the exchange!) from a completely non-sexual word slip-up phil had in a gaming video last year is the first time i noticed the change.
art in avatar by lily
DryCereal
koi pond

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:36 am I just put up the Amsterdam matinee notes. Cutest bit, imo:
Dan's question: How many driving exams did Phil have?
D: Okay. Just remember, if you ever felt scared in your life that's because Phil has a driving license and you know.
P: [??]
D: Imagine Phil in a car. That's a horror movie. Get Out is quaking.
P: How many exams did I have?
D: I know that you had several...
P: Yeah...
D: Because your parents, they really hate you for that.
P: They do.
D: Including the one that you passed?
P: Yes.
D: Four.
P: Yeah!
D: You did four.
P: Four driving tests.
D: Didn't you only get past because-
P: My driving instructor won the lottery, so he didn't really care if I passed or failed. He was just like oh I'm [??] bye forever.
D: And let this monster loose into the world. You're not safe. A UK driving license - for now- you can still use it in Europe.
Hey now.. HEY. NOW.
Nothing wrong with passing 4th time...
:rofl:
annabanana wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:44 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:58 pm
annabanana wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 pm Anyone have an idea of what Phil is saying at 8:24 in the new video after "but the question is?" I hear 'bosen' but that means nothing to me so maybe I'm hearing it wrong :shrug:
An anon on tumblr messaged me to answer you, they said it's "boatswain" which is pronounced "bosen."
Thank you!! It's an odd word to hear in everyday conversation as the only place I remember it from is reading Shakespeare in high school.
Boatswain/Bosun (What our family's first dog was named!) is the third-in-charge of a boat/ship. Usually in charge of maintenance and stuff like that, still used today, but not unless you're around boats/ships, for obvious reasons! :ribena:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
PolarFox
truth bomb

Hello IDB friends I have returned after my twitter account got agebanned (bruh i’m 20 wtf), here to catch up with what deppy are up to now that twitter is a no.
I have to say, I really really liked the sims video and am one of the few local people who still like the sims. But please, give dab door for the love of god.
I think they look pretty clean on the russia pics! And good for them that they have social media detox.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
hello9217
flower crown

Does Russia have some kind of law about advertising because the backdrop for todays m&g is plain white and not the one with the II and rize logo on it?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm Does Russia have some kind of law about advertising because the backdrop for todays m&g is plain white and not the one with the II and rize logo on it?
The sponsors were different between different countries during tatinof, so maybe Rize did just not find it useful to advertise in Russia and excluded it? UK, US, and Australia last time all had different backdrops with different or, in the case of Australia, no sponsors. I could see them not bothering to make a new backdrop for a two-show appearance in Russia.
yeetussy
glabella

Sorry I didn’t say this sooner but thank you to @watsonian @missemma and @sparkle for the video suggestions! I’ve been in a depressive episode for the past few days (woo summer vacation amirite :roll: ) and these videos helped me tremendously <3

The sims video was rather nice, I’m a sucker for both sims and renovations so it was pleasant for me. And I agree Philly looked rather done by the end but I think it’s bc they’d done a lot of videos that day and this might’ve been the last one.

Also can I just say that Phil’s legs are also really, really nice to look at. I think I stared at that photo for longer than I want to publicly admit :oops: