Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i wonder when that extreme-swearing dapg vid is going up. maybe monday? tomorrow?

...tonight? :pls:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
blackdenim
procrastinator

I'M SORRY but I got dumped recently so I am full of emotions and hormones and wine and Dan's selfie on his insta story is SO GOOD I don't know what the rules here on overt expressions of lust towards the boys but let's just say I sincerely want to... get to know him better. Thank you all and goodnight.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

We wanted to see how the Phandom has changed in the last year given that 2018 has blessed us with a lot of fabulous moments so we have bought the Dan and Phil survey back for another year.

You can take the survey by clicking here

The last Dan and Phil survey was taken during July 2017 and the results can be seen here: https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/results2017

Woooo, exciting times 8-)

sorry you're having a hard time blackdenim :love2:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

coffeepenguin wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:19 pm
topdanhowellmemes wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:49 pm I'm also having major love for this one, I don't know why, it's just so... nice?
Also, does anyone know where that was taken? I love the mosaic at the bottom of the pond.
Here you go: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manezhn ... re,_Moscow
Thanks so much! Bookmarked it in case I ever get to visit. :)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

missemma wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:54 pm Image

We wanted to see how the Phandom has changed in the last year given that 2018 has blessed us with a lot of fabulous moments so we have bought the Dan and Phil survey back for another year.

You can take the survey by clicking here

The last Dan and Phil survey was taken during July 2017 and the results can be seen here: https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/results2017

Woooo, exciting times 8-)

sorry you're having a hard time blackdenim :love2:
I'm currently taking the survey and at the Which of the following do you think is most likely to describe Dan and Phil's relationship in real life? (click all that apply) * question, you can only click on one option. Just thought I would let you know.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

SquishPhan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:18 pm I'm currently taking the survey and at the Which of the following do you think is most likely to describe Dan and Phil's relationship in real life? (click all that apply) * question, you can only click on one option. Just thought I would let you know.
Thank you, it was a typo and you're only meant to click one!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

missemma wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:30 pm
SquishPhan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:18 pm I'm currently taking the survey and at the Which of the following do you think is most likely to describe Dan and Phil's relationship in real life? (click all that apply) * question, you can only click on one option. Just thought I would let you know.
Thank you, it was a typo and you're only meant to click one!
That's good and makes sense.
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

ratlad wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:44 pm i don't really think phil takes these pictures of dan cause all the demon phannies are forcing them to, instead i think it's much easier and more logical to assume that he takes them cause he thinks dan is pretty and amsterdam is pretty as well. not everything they do is "giving the people what they want".
:roll:
yes same.
Also this is the first time i answer to something, am i doing it right? i hope so
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
snoopysadie

hello9217 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 pm My guesses for the video:
Him taking the mbti quiz
A #spon
Or story time
I read about thart on Tumblr today, and now I'm dying to see it!!! Also I need to know whether Dan is an INFP, INFJ or freaking what
"I remember it, too"
obvsly
#relatable

blackdenim wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:44 pm I'M SORRY but I got dumped recently so I am full of emotions and hormones and wine and Dan's selfie on his insta story is SO GOOD I don't know what the rules here on overt expressions of lust towards the boys but let's just say I sincerely want to... get to know him better. Thank you all and goodnight.
I'm so sorry about your situation. :hugrb: Regarding the um... overt expressions, I posted this earlier in the day, which is quite as overt as can be:
obvsly wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:23 am ...when I saw the escalator picture. Fuck me. And I wasn't even sure if I meant that as a curse or a request.
so I think you're fine. :mrgreen: (Please forgive me, moms, if it's not fine. I won't do it again!) Hope you feel better soon and no hangover!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

<3 my favorite shirt has finally returned <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Fml, Philip Lester, how pretty do you need to be? :faint:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

im doing the survey and this question stumped me a lil: "Who are you most attracted to? *" in what sense? my asexual ass aint attracted to them in THAT way, but i could get behind the idea of romantically liking someone that has the same personality/type as phil. ended up choosing the decline to answer option

also, im in love with the fact that both of their insta posts have a sense of...continuity? case in point, phil taking a pic of dan's back then takes another one as dan turns around all like "really?" and all of their candid shots are so sweet, theyre each others instagram husband indeed... anyways, im ready for a video anytime soon, doesnt matter what video or which channel, pls
"you are next to me in my life"
sparkle
blobfish

Ablissa wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:02 pm I'm meeting them on Monday and I've got a few questions to anyone that attended the m&g!
1. I know they sign things, but can they sign two things? I wanted to get my TABINOF signed but also want an autograph for my friend who didn't catch a VIP ticket. The website used for tickets here was horrid.
2. Do you tell them you want something signed? Do you say you want a picture? I'm awkward as heck and shy, and I'm in my late 20s, annnnnnd I'm going alone, so I know I'll feel out of place & I'd hate to miss out because I didn't say something.
3. Is there even time to say anything to them or is it just like hi, picture, signature, bye?
4. Can you give them gifts like letters or not even that? My friend wants me to pass something on and I'm not sure if it's okay.
5. Do they initiate the hugs or do the fans? I'm ngl I'd love to hug them but I know Dan isn't very comfortable with it so I don't know if I'd dare to initiate it.
Thanks in advance if anyone answers and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask! <3
I had a M&G where I got them to sign something, hugged them, and talked to them so I hope i can reassure you! Bear in mind though that I went up with my girlfriend because she speaks fluent Rose and if I said something stupid she would be able to translate into English.
What happens is you all get wristbands and lined up, you get out what you want signed as Marianne asks for your bags before you go and meet them. They do accept letters because there was a chair with them (And cupcakes!) next to Marianne. Marianne then basically tells you to meet them and they initiate hugs, like I cant really explain it beyond that, but I distinctly remember seeing Dan with his arms open. I was a bit like 'omg wtf' so Dan asked if we wanted anything signed to like prompt us. Though as far as I know you can only get one thing signed . I got my copy go DAPGO signed and then asked them specifically if I could say something to them. They said it was fine and didnt make me feel rushed or anything which was great because what I said to Phil in particular was SO important to me (Will never be over seeing heart eyes Howell IRL). When I'd said everything Dan asked if we wanted to take a photo and I gave him my phone. I didn't feel rushed at all. Dan basically was in control of the whole situation and he was pretty damn great about the whole thing, like he came across very confident and it put me at ease and made me more confident in talking to them. Then they said bye to us, gave me my phone back, and a member of their crew gave us our bags back and gave us our VIP bag and told us to go and sign the guestbook. I'm guessing the whole interaction was maybe a minute?

I also wanted to add that I'm 99% sure the person sat next to me came alone. They won't make you feel weird about it, they're both pretty good about handling the 'oh god its Dan and Phil' reaction that I'm fairly sure everyone must get.
if I ever doubt that I'm not a lesbian can someone please show me photos of 2018 Phil, fuck me.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
ratlad
angel bean

seen a thing on tumblr about what dan said at ii
in the "what's in dan's box?" part, apparently "pride flag" was one of them? did anyone get the audio for it or were any of you guys there?
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

ame wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm im doing the survey and this question stumped me a lil: "Who are you most attracted to? *" in what sense? my asexual ass aint attracted to them in THAT way, but i could get behind the idea of romantically liking someone that has the same personality/type as phil. ended up choosing the decline to answer option
yeah i was a little surprised too and i really didn't know what to do! i mean they are so beautiful in every single way but i'm very gay and i'm not attracted to them *like that*
in the end, i answered, not on the physical ground but like in a 'mentally/psychological' way, which one i was more *attracted* to (it's so weird to even type the word haha)
:gayaf:
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 pm
ame wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm im doing the survey and this question stumped me a lil: "Who are you most attracted to? *" in what sense? my asexual ass aint attracted to them in THAT way, but i could get behind the idea of romantically liking someone that has the same personality/type as phil. ended up choosing the decline to answer option
yeah i was a little surprised too and i really didn't know what to do! i mean they are so beautiful in every single way but i'm very gay and i'm not attracted to them *like that*
in the end, i answered, not on the physical ground but like in a 'mentally/psychological' way, which one i was more *attracted* to (it's so weird to even type the word haha)
It's funny to me that I didn't even think about this, and I generally agonize over this stuff; I guess I just figured it meant aesthetic, because it would be super-weird to ask pre-teens about their sexual or romantic attractions to grown men. I guess maybe I read it more as "who do you think is more attractive" rather than "attracted to" and now I feel like I probably answered wrong oops.
hello9217
flower crown

Templeofshame wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:55 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 pm
It's funny to me that I didn't even think about this, and I generally agonize over this stuff; I guess I just figured it meant aesthetic, because it would be super-weird to ask pre-teens about their sexual or romantic attractions to grown men. I guess maybe I read it more as "who do you think is more attractive" rather than "attracted to" and now I feel like I probably answered wrong oops.
Yeah my lesbian ass just chose in the same way. It did take me a second to think through it all though but I just chose the one that I found to be more aesthetically pleasing to my eye.
knq
lava lamp

ratlad wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 pm seen a thing on tumblr about what dan said at ii
in the "what's in dan's box?" part, apparently "pride flag" was one of them? did anyone get the audio for it or were any of you guys there?
The section about Dan's box is the same as the magic trick with the paper, yeah? Someone at the show tweeted this.
Mostly twitter's freaking out about Dan wearing heart shaped German flag earring(s) on stage, but no one's posted photos that I can see.
mm_sunny1993
spork

ratlad wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 pm seen a thing on tumblr about what dan said at ii
it's the part where people in the audience say what could be in 'dan's box' and one person said 'a pride flag', it wasn't dan tho. The other answers were haru figures and a collection of rare memes.

Edit: whoops someone was faster. I saw no earring but i guess i was too far away for that.
loonyradish
living flop

I already posted this in the show's thread, but it was supposed to go here, sorry :lol:
One of the things that stuck with me from tonight's show was Phil saying something about "lets get casual" but he used a short form of "casual", so what he said sounded like "let"s get cash", and that made me laugh. Sadly no one else laughed, but it was still a good moment. :lol:
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags
ratlad
angel bean

@watsonian @mm_sunny1993 oh ok thank u for clearing that up!
i wonder how he reacted though
snoopysadie

ratlad wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:19 am
rizzo wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:06 am
topdanhowellmemes wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:02 am
hello9217 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:35 pm
topdanhowellmemes wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 pm I'm loving the M&G photos from today - especially nice given we haven't seen their faces as much as usual due to the SM break.

Jumping off topic to something that happened a while back - does anyone remember what video/ls it was that Phil (or Dan?) mentioned that the gaming channel room was meant to be the AP room but he gave it up because the gaming channel needed more space? I need it to know for... reasons. :illuminati:
Around 25:28 of Phil's Beauty Tips liveshow.
Thanks so much! It would have taken me ages to find that. :D

"I don't actually spend much time in my [Amazing Phil] room, unless I'm sleeping..." Oh, the lies he tells. Of course you don't, since it's not your actual bedroom... :roll:
Speaking of which, here's a thing from II....
I bothered resident TIIT historian, @alittledizzy, who informed me this is from the bit where they mention things that won't happen in the show. In this case, 24-hour DITLs. (Shame, tbh.) So, uh... yeah, the exclusion of Phil's bedroom.... fascinating. 8-)
phil actually sleeps outside
I read this entire thing today and sorry if I'm talking too much but I just wanna say sth here:
maybe they didn't include Phil's room because if they were to film in another angle that isn't the AP video set-up we'd see the room is actually a freaking cupboard?
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed embedded quotes
"I remember it, too"
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Just took that Dan and Phil survey- I accidentally clicked out of it at one point, but I just re-did it because I am just that committed to the cause (and also, because I love surveys :D ).

Loved seeing Phil's new set of insta posts, and also seeing insta stories become a regular thing again- my deprived ass needed that :love2: Just gonna wait patiently for that new Dan video tho, or maybe a DAPGs upload- I could really use a new video to distract myself from the hell that is my life right now :roll:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.