Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:28 am
I can't believe more people aren't flipping their shit over the whole naked Fortnite thing. I feel like I've watched tumblr and twitter both have a slight meltdown over it. It's been through the whole cycle-of-phan, from 'I don't understand why he'd say that' to 'they're obviously just lying to make fans happy' to 'it's obviously just a joke' to 'I finally think they're together.'
im sorry what

edit: oh god just realized this post is on top oops im double sorry for your eyes
"you are next to me in my life"
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

I can't believe more people aren't flipping their shit over the whole naked Fortnite thing. I feel like I've watched tumblr and twitter both have a slight meltdown over it. It's been through the whole cycle-of-phan, from 'I don't understand why he'd say that' to 'they're obviously just lying to make fans happy' to 'it's obviously just a joke' to 'I finally think they're together.'
We have been spoiled by 20gayteen. Naked gaming is just not as cute as nose boops.

.... I mean, okay, it could be. @ame is already on their way to making it that cute, of which I deeply approve. <3
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

ratlad wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:00 am
missemma wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:51 pm Before I say anything about the show tonight I just wanna give a big shout out to all the lovely peeps we met after the matinee and hung out with at the evening show. I’ve met quite a few of the IDB posters during this tour and YOU ARE ALL SO LOVELY ❤️❤️

Tonight show was wild!
We got Dan telling Phil that “balls aren’t your strong point” when Phil dropped the audience participation ball. And then said he regularly sees Phil playing Fortnite naked on the sofa.
Also, during the matinee
Dan was on the wheel and was taking off the white suit, Phil said “Dans coming out soon” and everyone laughed with Dan telling Phil off. It was a cute moment.
The evening show was definitely much funnier than the matinee.
The wierd thing though was the venue hadn’t sold a majority of the seats. We were sitting on the balcony during the matinee and all three blocks from the front row to about row 30 was empty. During the interval luckily people just moved forwards but in the evening show people weren’t allowed to move so all those seats remained empty. Must have been weird for Deppy!
Also there was nooo stage at all just the set on the floor, I’ll put a photo under the spoiler.
is there any need for more context or was everything meant to be taken the way we're all taking it?
thank u for sharing this
Phil was referring to Dan undressing the suit he'd been wearing on the wheel. I'm not sure how accidental Phil's comment was, but it definitely made people react more than the undressing itself. Dan had to very pointedly wiggle his butt and hop around to get the audience to cheer even though in both the previous shows I'd been to, everyone had been going wild at that point without Dan especially trying to provoke people.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

missemma wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:51 pm
We got Dan telling Phil that “balls aren’t your strong point” when Phil dropped the audience participation ball. And then said he regularly sees Phil playing Fortnite naked on the sofa.
well that explains why we haven't gotten more victory selfies :lol:
And a tweet from SimplyNailogical:
liola
rankussy

honestly when this happened my reaction was "of fucking course he does what a man!" Then I saw my friend, New-ish to the phandom and she was speechless and I realized I've becomed accustomed with their shit Lmao thinking back about it a free the show I realized what kind of actual shocking thing they did because there was no need
Lovely to meet you @missemma @human and the other peeps! Sad it was just a brief hi and couldn't do the lunch stuff but it was nice to briefly talk and laugh about the boys <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
opendoor
rainbow nerd

It's a cute moment. <3 I like to know little deets about their lives, and I like that Dan felt comfortable enough to share it (I wonder if it was a slip-up, but even so, I'm sure Dan wouldn't feel too bad about it).

Even last year, this would have inspired a fangirl freak-out from me, but times have changed. They're so flirty and relaxed now, this moment just feels par for the course. That being said, if I actually hear the audio, it will probably make my heart very very soft.
Edit: I am finally, finally not a "living flop". And pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies is one of my favourite deppy videos ever :love2:
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
sparkle
blobfish

Actual footage of my reaction

my favourite thing though is that I've gone from my initial reaction being 'omg phan phan phan' to 'omg I cant believe people actually play video games naked'. As I said with their last video -
sparkle wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:23 pm WE GET IT. YOU FUCK. :newyear: :newyear: :newyear:
and like literally i'm now so strong in that conviction that this legit doesn't phase me more than from a 'is it actually comfortable to play games naked' thing because I do find that exceedingly odd. But who knows, maybe I'm the weird one here.
As I gave yesterdays request via @somethingsketchy - I would like this post to be todays daily request from Sparkle for a new dinof video. PLEASE DAN. PLEASE. :waiting:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I did have a moment of 'OMG what did I just read' and 'is that actually what was really said', but like others, though I crave this sort of thing, and will happily take more of it, I'm also kind of used to these things being said. They really have done a great job of making us much more blasé about things compared to a few years back.
On a totally different topic, are there only 3 bathrooms in their place that we know about? The one with the small beige tiles Dan posts selfies in, the one with the big grey tiles and the one with the maroon/blue tiles? I need to know for... um... research purposes...
opendoor
rainbow nerd

I always think it's possible they have three (or more) bathrooms, but it's also possible one's a toilet only, or there are two tile patterns in one of the rooms etc.

Idk I'm not an apartment-sleuth, maybe someone can disprove this, that's just my two cents.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

@opendoor yay! people hardly ever mention their rank changes so I'm happy you like it.
it's insane to me, even with the way they are with us lately...i think it's because 99% of the time they leave wiggle room to be ambiguous or backtrack in direct statements (not talking innuendos). there's just...no getting around this one?
art in avatar by lily
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

sparkle wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:42 am
As I gave yesterdays request via @somethingsketchy - I would like this post to be todays daily request from Sparkle for a new dinof video. PLEASE DAN. PLEASE. :waiting:
You do realise that this makes no sense to anyone?

What I actually came here to say was that I came home from Stockholm a couple of hours ago and have a hard time adjusting to the fact that I'm never going to see D&P perform live again. I know I was extremely lucky to have the chance to see the show three times, but it's like there's nothing to look forward to anymore now that the Europe leg is (almost) over. I'll have to start waiting for videos again, whatever those are.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I'm so sorry i don't want to be the buzzkill no one asked for but i can't stop thinking about this lol. I know this is def a Moment if you already think they're together and its fun and exciting and i'm not trying to take away from that.

But its just strange to me when things like this happen and the main reaction is "yup there no way Just Friends would ever do that".. Because I do? Idk living with my best friends and seeing them naked on a basically daily basis is just something that happens from my experience? Like sometimes its hot and you want to be naked in your own home. Sometimes you need your besties help to take that fire nude. Is that really not normal? Does that just make me and my friends weird? I'm actually curious not just trying to be anti
Also you gotta love IDBs commitment to the nonspoiler. This thing is plastered all over phandom social media and i love how everyone here is keeping it in the spoiler tags just in case lol.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm What I actually came here to say was that I came home from Stockholm a couple of hours ago and have a hard time adjusting to the fact that I'm never going to see D&P perform live again. I know I was extremely lucky to have the chance to see the show three times, but it's like there's nothing to look forward to anymore now that the Europe leg is (almost) over. I'll have to start waiting for videos again, whatever those are.
I felt the same way after Amsterdam. Give it two weeks, you'll feel better then :love2: :platonic:
Also does anyone remember the LS when Phil is worried about getting chocolate stains on the couch? But he has no problem putting his naked ass on furniture that isn't his? I really hope the boy puts down a towel first!
sparkle
blobfish

KatjaZoe wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:15 pm
I'm so sorry i don't want to be the buzzkill no one asked for but i can't stop thinking about this lol. I know this is def a Moment if you already think they're together and its fun and exciting and i'm not trying to take away from that.

But its just strange to me when things like this happen and the main reaction is "yup there no way Just Friends would ever do that".. Because I do? Idk living with my best friends and seeing them naked on a basically daily basis is just something that happens from my experience? Like sometimes its hot and you want to be naked in your own home. Sometimes you need your besties help to take that fire nude. Is that really not normal? Does that just make me and my friends weird? I'm actually curious not just trying to be anti
Also you gotta love IDBs commitment to the nonspoiler. This thing is plastered all over phandom social media and i love how everyone here is keeping it in the spoiler tags just in case lol.
I find that strange, my absolute best friend has seen me in my underwear but thats like it, granted I've never lived with her but we've spent a lot of time together. Genuinely, I find the idea of being naked around someone you're not in a relationship with, or about to have sex with, odd because its SUCH a boundary for me. I'm not arsed about people seeing me in various states of undress though, I don't think you're properly my friend until I've got changed in front of you. But i'm more confused at why the fuck he'd be playing video games naked. Not even around Dan, I just... I'm amazed. Its not even about Dan at this point, I just have so many questions for Phil
As someone who cannot stand spoilers. Like IDB was a godsend before I saw them because I literally couldn't go on anything else without seeing spoilers :lol:

and I've spent the day so far playing video games. Please can they play Superhot. I got it free recently because I've got Xbox Gold and its brilliant - I think it could work really well. Especially because you cant just run and gun it, you have to be a bit more methodical than that.
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
citizen_erased
truth bomb

oh I agree with you. For me, nothing about this screams relationship. I mean, I never had this while living with friends but we were also less close than dan & phil.

I'm mostly still trying to work this new, unexpected information into my image of Phil :lol: I just didn't expect him to be the type of person to play games naked, I don't know why. :shrug:

I also like that this is the thing people are focusing on, and not the joke about dan coming out soon. Like ok, sure, priorities, I guess :lol:
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

i thought it was less about the premise of phil being naked and more about dan actually happily saying it now when 2013 dan would have had an aneurysm at people thinking he’d seen phil’s elbow (im exaggerating but y’know) cause yeah I was literally just approving one of my friends nudes before they sent it haha
autumnhearth
senpai

ame wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:02 am
im sorry what

edit: oh god just realized this post is on top oops im double sorry for your eyes
Don’t apologize, looking forward to it. Warning for adorable nude art under the cut:
http://gryphll.tumblr.com/post/17496003 ... aming-2018

I’m reminded of Dan saying he was being shamed for wearing a jumper and pants (sweater and underwear) around the house last summer when it was hot and now I’m picturing Phil saying that while he himself is naked.

The husband is also having a hard time “picturing” *snicker* Phil being the type of person who would game nude. He can see Dan doing it but not Phil. Again, player 1 and player 2 :dapg: :dapg:
Last edited by autumnhearth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello9217
flower crown

When I lived with my friend we definitely saw each other naked on occasion. I think the thing that I'm proud? excited? (whatever the right word is) about is that dan actually said it. I think they are in a relationship so no shit they have seen each other naked. I mean sex is one of the three things that makes dan happy. But dan actually saying it in front of people is something that is shocking.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

hello9217 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm

When I lived with my friend we definitely saw each other naked on occasion. I think the thing that I'm proud? excited? (whatever the right word is) about is that dan actually said it. I think they are in a relationship so no shit they have seen each other naked. I mean sex is one of the three things that makes dan happy. But dan actually saying it in front of people is something that is shocking.
Yeah, in my opinion the shocking thing here isn't that Dan's seen Phil naked but the fact that he actually told us about it. Why would seeing someone naked even have to say anything about your relationship with that person? I've seen plenty of strangers naked in dressing rooms.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The difference and thing people are happy about is that Dan "their skin molecules are touching" Howell is voluntarily said he sees Phil naked regularly to a crowd of 2k fans. Everyone will have a different projection on what is okay with, people will stay adamant that if something is normal to them and their roommates then it's not phan proof (and vice versa), but we know specific to Dan and Phil that this is not something Dan and Phil would have been comfortable with saying years ago, and that Dan fully knowing the perception of it and speculation will still say he sees Phil naked regularly is a statement that shocks people. It's looking at things under the whole scope of Dan and Phil that makes people feel warm and fuzzy and excited, not a clinical "Because they're roommates and because they saw each other naked they must be fucking." analysis.
somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 pm
hello9217 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Yeah, in my opinion the shocking thing here isn't that Dan's seen Phil naked but the fact that he actually told us about it. Why would seeing someone naked even have to say anything about your relationship with that person? I've seen plenty of strangers naked in dressing rooms.
Though I do think this is also an iffy comparison. Being naked on own sofa as a casual semi-permanent while playing video games knowing the person you live with will stroll in and see you isn't the same as someone in a dressing room. The latter is functional, the former is 'I know you aren't gonna mind seeing my dick out or my ass sweat on this sofa we both sit on.'
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Obviously like, people have differing standards re: nudity with their friends depending on closeness and their personal comfort/confidence levels. But like man, is it really a stretch to suggest that two guys in their late 20s and early 30s who a) are apparently fully comfortable sitting ass naked in front of each other and playing video games who also b) have lived together for the past 7 years in three different apartments, spent significant time with one another's families, arguably never dated anyone else (I get that this is debatable, but I personally find it unlikely there would never have been leaked information about their partners), have early online interactions which heavily imply a romantic relationship, plus a plethora of other examples which when examined alongside each other plausibly (and even, convincingly, in my opinion) suggest something more than friendship, might be together? I have been here for a long ass time and I have a cold currently so maybe I'm just in a Mood but I don't know man, I just am constantly surprised at people's ability to see Dan and Phil as platonic besties. Which like, I'm not necessarily judging, you do you etc. I just can't relate :shrug:

Also should this be in a spoiler idk i'm tired and i have a fever and i feel like it really isn't spoiling anything about any future shows tbh
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 pm Obviously like, people have differing standards re: nudity with their friends depending on closeness and their personal comfort/confidence levels. But like man, is it really a stretch to suggest that two guys in their late 20s and early 30s who a) are apparently fully comfortable sitting ass naked in front of each other and playing video games who also b) have lived together for the past 7 years in three different apartments, spent significant time with one another's families, arguably never dated anyone else (I get that this is debatable, but I personally find it unlikely there would never have been leaked information about their partners), have early online interactions which heavily imply a romantic relationship, plus a plethora of other examples which when examined alongside each other plausibly (and even, convincingly, in my opinion) suggest something more than friendship, might be together? I have been here for a long ass time and I have a cold currently so maybe I'm just in a Mood but I don't know man, I just am constantly surprised at people's ability to see Dan and Phil as platonic besties. Which like, I'm not necessarily judging, you do you etc. I just can't relate :shrug:

Also should this be in a spoiler idk i'm tired and i have a fever and i feel like it really isn't spoiling anything about any future shows tbh
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(Should say I heavily agree with the 'not judging, you do you' - it's just a hard mindset for me to see the logic of unless someone only judges each new isolated thing that happens by itself and excludes prior knowledge about them.
sparkle
blobfish

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:49 pm
im sorry what

Don’t apologize, looking forward to it. Warning for adorable nude art under the cut:

I’m reminded of Dan saying he was being shamed for wearing a jumper and pants (sweater and underwear) around the house last summer when it was hot and now I’m picturing Phil saying that while he himself is naked.

The husband is also having a hard time “picturing” *snicker* Phil being the type of person who would game nude. He can see Dan doing it but not Phil. Again, player 1 and player 2 :dapg: :dapg:
i want that framed its so fucking cute :lol:
captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 pm Obviously like, people have differing standards re: nudity with their friends depending on closeness and their personal comfort/confidence levels. But like man, is it really a stretch to suggest that two guys in their late 20s and early 30s who a) are apparently fully comfortable sitting ass naked in front of each other and playing video games who also b) have lived together for the past 7 years in three different apartments, spent significant time with one another's families, arguably never dated anyone else (I get that this is debatable, but I personally find it unlikely there would never have been leaked information about their partners), have early online interactions which heavily imply a romantic relationship, plus a plethora of other examples which when examined alongside each other plausibly (and even, convincingly, in my opinion) suggest something more than friendship, might be together? I have been here for a long ass time and I have a cold currently so maybe I'm just in a Mood but I don't know man, I just am constantly surprised at people's ability to see Dan and Phil as platonic besties. Which like, I'm not necessarily judging, you do you etc. I just can't relate :shrug:

I want this framed.
I need this framed.

to put it bluntly, I swear to god the mental gymnastics involved here would mean they could post a photo of them kissing and if Phil had idk his eyes closed people would argue he was in cardiac arrest and Dan was merely administering CPR. They could get married 'for tax purposes' etc.

Like seriously, how unlikely is it that someone who is comfortable with being naked on a sofa just casually, who has THAT sort of history - like daily booths, tweets, formspring, THAT FUCKING VIDEO - would actually be together. Thats not like walking in on someone changing etc, thats a situation where your're comfortable enough being naked (i.e. not in underwear either) and being seen by the other person. How unlikely is it that they're actually together? If Dan did a whole thing over the course of like a year before he said he's got depression - to the point where when he said it wasn't shocking - how unlikely is it that this is exactly whats happening now but with Dan and Phils actual relationship?

to me, the simplest conclusion I have is that they're together because, to me, its the only conclusion that actually makes sense anymore.
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

sparkle wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:02 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:49 pm
im sorry what

i want that framed its so fucking cute :lol:

I want this framed.
I need this framed.

to put it bluntly, I swear to god the mental gymnastics involved here would mean they could post a photo of them kissing and if Phil had idk his eyes closed people would argue he was in cardiac arrest and Dan was merely administering CPR. They could get married 'for tax purposes' etc.

Like seriously, how unlikely is it that someone who is comfortable with being naked on a sofa just casually, who has THAT sort of history - like daily booths, tweets, formspring, THAT FUCKING VIDEO - would actually be together. Thats not like walking in on someone changing etc, thats a situation where your're comfortable enough being naked (i.e. not in underwear either) and being seen by the other person. How unlikely is it that they're actually together? If Dan did a whole thing over the course of like a year before he said he's got depression - to the point where when he said it wasn't shocking - how unlikely is it that this is exactly whats happening now but with Dan and Phils actual relationship?

to me, the simplest conclusion I have is that they're together because, to me, its the only conclusion that actually makes sense anymore.
I wish there was a like button or a thumbs up. This is a perfect summary. What else can they be at this point? It’s the simplest and most obvious conclusion.

Also, what level of naked are we talking? Genuinely starkers, or has he got underpants on? I just can’t imagine sitting anywhere without clothes on and being comfortable for any length of time.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tags
liola
rankussy

honestly Yeah I think for me personally that would be weird. I shared a room with my best friend for a month and a half, we slept in the same bed and yet I would NEVER just lie on the couch randomly naked when my roommate/best friend is around? Of course everyone is different but also the major point is that Dan didn't make any fuss about it, just said it and moved on and Phil didn't react like they used to with the "ugh weird don't say that ever again" so I think that's what we gotta focus on
I believe they're together not because they can see each other naked or live together, but because I cannot for the life of me erase their 9 years of history and that's the logical conclusion
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor