Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

I never thought i'd laugh so hard at a 31-year-old man showing off a tiny window but here we are.

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE A BLIND. I have so many questions, Finland explain

edit: i'm so glad this is top of the page because honestly i've never been so baffled by a window.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

cryptic tweet from dan?:
edit: maybe cryptic isn't the right word but it definitely has me thinking..
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lmao @ that tiny window. I hope Phil didn't pay extra for a room with a view, but if he did it was still somehow totally worth it. :lol:

And Dan has some nerve, telling a seagull to calm down as if he isn't screaming like a banshee at the mildest inconvenience while playing video games. Their neighbors must love the peace and quiet rn.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

sugar wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:40 pm cryptic tweet from dan?:
it's actually very good advice, strangely enough i was thinking about a similar thing just last night. good on him!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

sounds like hes hesitating on something 🤔🤔🤔 (also same, dan)

idk it could be anything really but seems like this busy boys got a lot of things on his mind
"you are next to me in my life"
liola
rankussy

My first thought was that it has to do with the next dinof, but it could just be that he's feeling in a pensive mood. My therapist gave me a similar advice only a couple of weeks ago, and it's indeed not simple at all, so if he's even trying, good for him! I'm enjoying these still on brand but more genuine tweets from Dan, I feel like after the depression video he's been leaning more towards real sharing than sad relatable tweets
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I'm team just do the thing. the outcome isn't always what you expect but then you can move forward.
starwatersong
phabergé

Thought the tweet was an interesting, albeit vaguely cryptic, one. Food for thought.

At some point, I’m thinking the “Give the People What They Want” may cause problems with Dan. Phil has generally, imo, created stuff that will please himself and others. He likes doing things for the benefit of his audience.

Dan prefers to make things (again, imo) that satisfy an authentic, creative or inner part of himself and is pleased if they are well-received (Daniel and Depression) and not happy when they are not received so well (the Memeing of Life). Sort of a high or low risk venture.

Anyhow, that was probably too much to read into one tweet! Any thoughts on the end result of Giving the People What They Want?

Re: Survey (Sorry if I’m off topic): I would like to have had a “Prefer not to be labelled” sexuality options, as the boys did (prefer not to say, to me, hints of not wanting to share).

However, I enjoyed doing the survey and recommend others do it — mostly because I’m an information research nerd.
sparkle
blobfish

starwatersong wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:00 pm Thought the tweet was an interesting, albeit vaguely cryptic, one. Food for thought.

At some point, I’m thinking the “Give the People What They Want” may cause problems with Dan. Phil has generally, imo, created stuff that will please himself and others. He likes doing things for the benefit of his audience.

Dan prefers to make things (again, imo) that satisfy an authentic, creative or inner part of himself and is pleased if they are well-received (Daniel and Depression) and not happy when they are not received so well (the Memeing of Life). Sort of a high or low risk venture.

Anyhow, that was probably too much to read into one tweet! Any thoughts on the end result of Giving the People What They Want?

Re: Survey (Sorry if I’m off topic): I would like to have had a “Prefer not to be labelled” sexuality options, as the boys did (prefer not to say, to me, hints of not wanting to share).

However, I enjoyed doing the survey and recommend others do it — mostly because I’m an information research nerd.
interested by Dans tweet today, especially because I did the thing today and I have my first private therapy appointment next week. Which is something I've been semi putting off for a while because I'm still not entirely comfortable with having depression.

I think the whole concept of Interactive Introverts can be seen as a stage show within itself, or something that is more overarching? I too want to know what comes afterwards. I think Dan in particular is at a YT crossroads right now, and I can't honestly see him being happy with surrendering creative control for the sake of fan service. If he was, to but it bluntly I feel like he'd upload more. I think he's trying to be more authentic and I ENJOY him more when he's like that.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
George
sad dimple

sparkle wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 pm WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE A BLIND. I have so many questions, Finland explain
As a Finn, I'm offended it only has a simple white blind. There's so much light at night in the summertime that you really need proper blinds. I would prefer a darker one, or a second one on top. I hope dnp understand to put something, like dark clothes, in front of that window.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

George wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 pm
sparkle wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 pm WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE A BLIND. I have so many questions, Finland explain
As a Finn, I'm offended it only has a simple white blind. There's so much light at night in the summertime that you really need proper blinds. I would prefer a darker one, or a second one on top. I hope dnp understand to put something, like dark clothes, in front of that window.
I'm more confused about why there's a tiny window? Like why is it not bigger or not there entirely.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

lilabet wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm
George wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 pm
I'm more confused about why there's a tiny window? Like why is it not bigger or not there entirely.
I'm guessing the hotel is in an old building that used to serve as something else but has been later refurbished into a hotel. That's pretty common in Helsinki. There must be a bigger window in that room, too, or it wouldn't fulfill the building regulations.
valmuska
not a first-time poster

lilabet wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm
i'm from finland and i have no idea. at first i tought it was a sauna window but it's clearly not. (i've seen some small windows in saunas and bathrooms but not that small :D)
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

A window more cryptic than Dan's tweet.
ratlad
angel bean

i want..... a dan ig story......
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Both Warsaw transcripts are up now. :)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm I have a crush on someone, but I'm too scared to ask them out, as I'm a huge loser. Help!
D: Relatable! Okay. What would you say, Phil? Give us some love advice?
P: Jake, if they don't accept you for being a huge loser, then they're not worth it!
D: Exactly, Phil! Thank you. That is the only piece of advice you need. Never change yourself for somebody else, okay. If you're like a weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, you find yourself another weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, okay. At the end of the day, if there are enough people to fill a theater with Dan and Phil fans, there's weirdos out there for everybody! It's true. [Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
There's a lot about both of the Warsaw shows that I liked but this stood out to me because this isn't the first time they've given relationship advice while also managing to project bit of their personalities into it (i.e 'youtube obsessed anime loving nerd'). It really makes my demon side come out, but it's also just kind of nice? I know the repetition of it makes it old really fast but I just like it a lot.
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 pm What's in Dan's Box?
- Dan's furry boyfriend
D: In this box?! Are you okay-
P: Are there any holes??
D: He dead. He is - my furry boyfriend is crispy like Phil's cactus. That is - oh, jesus. Well, I'm hiding the shame inside this box.

- his phone
D: What is on my phone that I have to lock it in-
P: That's what I want to know.
D: Obviously something I was doing with my furry friend.

- a body pillow
D: A body pillow, okay.
P: A body pillow.
D: Of which character, what do you think?
P: Haru.
D: Haru from free. Okay, that's great. An anime body pillow. I love what you're saying about me.
I also loved this. Obviously they've been so casual lately about mentions of male attraction that it shouldn't be a big deal (and tbh it isn't), but it's just pleasing to see them act that way on stage.

Idk I guess what I'm liking the most about II so far is that while it's clearly more scripted than they initially let on, it's nice to have them perform a sort of middle ground between their video personas and the overacting we got in tatinof.
ratlad
angel bean

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 am
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm I have a crush on someone, but I'm too scared to ask them out, as I'm a huge loser. Help!
P: Jake, if they don't accept you for being a huge loser, then they're not worth it!
D: Exactly, Phil! Thank you. That is the only piece of advice you need. Never change yourself for somebody else, okay. If you're like a weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, you find yourself another weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, okay. At the end of the day, if there are enough people to fill a theater with Dan and Phil fans, there's weirdos out there for everybody! It's true. [Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
There's a lot about both of the Warsaw shows that I liked but this stood out to me because this isn't the first time they've given relationship advice while also managing to project bit of their personalities into it (i.e 'youtube obsessed anime loving nerd'). It really makes my demon side come out, but it's also just kind of nice? I know the repetition of it makes it old really fast but I just like it a lot.
oh hell yeah. extra soft tonight.
they just fully described themselves lol.
lesterchuu
philussy

- Dan's furry boyfriend
D: He dead. He is - my furry boyfriend is crispy like Phil's cactus. That is - oh, jesus. Well, I'm hiding the shame inside this box.

- his phone

- a body pillow
D: Haru from free. Okay, that's great. An anime body pillow. I love what you're saying about me.
I also loved this. Obviously they've been so casual lately about mentions of male attraction that it shouldn't be a big deal (and tbh it isn't), but it's just pleasing to see them act that way on stage.

Idk I guess what I'm liking the most about II so far is that while it's clearly more scripted than they initially let on, it's nice to have them perform a sort of middle ground between their video personas and the overacting we got in tatinof.
i had a little eyebrow raise reading the "crush question" part. i found it interesting that dan quickly passed the torch to phil. like, he couldve just answered it then phil can give his own two cents after, but instead he let phil say it first then rambled elaborated on it after.
[Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
also this made me laugh cz i can almost imagine dan trying to spit out like a million thoughts at the same time but his mouth is literally just two slices of ham stitched together and cant articulate it to save his life. (honestly, relatable)

as for the furry boyfriend, i fucking snickered loudly during my break at work reading this cz all i could see was the thumbnail from this video....
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

o m g. It is so silly to get a bit emotional about them being in Finland. Weather is fantastic, so I hope they enjoy Finland at its' abso best. Hope they and everyone going have fun.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I plan to close Dan's birthday drive on the 25th so please get any last minute donations in by then💛
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
dancy
procrastinator

"Boye" is such a Dan thing to say, I thought he was the one who had posted this for a second. Y'know, I find it a bit funny that D&P only posted Insta stories in Poland from inside the venue but started posting ones in Finland before they even set foot in the country.

Oh yeah, I was watching a recent video in which three teachers who didn't know D&P reacted to one of Dan's videos (I Nearly Blinded Myself), one of Phil's videos (DIY GLOW IN THE DARK FLUFFY SLIME), as well as a joint one (THE PHOTO BOOTH CHALLENGE). All three of them seemed to find Phil's video and personality a lot funnier and and expressed that he was more entertaining, which was kinda interesting to me considering I've often seen people describe Phil's content as childish/immature (which isn't something I agree with). Dunno, I just liked seeing that, I guess.
lesterchuu
philussy

dancy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:59 pm Oh yeah, I was watching a recent video in which three teachers who didn't know D&P reacted to one of Dan's videos (I Nearly Blinded Myself), one of Phil's videos (DIY GLOW IN THE DARK FLUFFY SLIME), as well as a joint one (THE PHOTO BOOTH CHALLENGE). All three of them seemed to find Phil's video and personality a lot funnier and and expressed that he was more entertaining, which was kinda interesting to me considering I've often seen people describe Phil's content as childish/immature (which isn't something I agree with). Dunno, I just liked seeing that, I guess.
ooooh i wanna see that video, do you have any links? im a sucker for reaction videos
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ame wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 am
- Dan's furry boyfriend

- his phone

- a body pillow

i had a little eyebrow raise reading the "crush question" part. i found it interesting that dan quickly passed the torch to phil. like, he couldve just answered it then phil can give his own two cents after, but instead he let phil say it first then rambled elaborated on it after.
[Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
also this made me laugh cz i can almost imagine dan trying to spit out like a million thoughts at the same time but his mouth is literally just two slices of ham stitched together and cant articulate it to save his life. (honestly, relatable)

as for the furry boyfriend, i fucking snickered loudly during my break at work reading this cz all i could see was the thumbnail from this video....
Honestly yeah I almost put the actual quote in the transcript but I was like, no one is gonna know what this means, everyone is just gonna be confused. I think hearing Dan say things makes it very easy to understand when he's just flubbing his words and it not sound like a big deal. We all know Dan's brain works faster than his mouth sometimes. But typing it out always feels like it should make sense but it... doesn't, lmao.
A twitter like from Dan from yesterday: