Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

kavat wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:26 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:13 pm
liola wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am That fear when you travel to Stockholm on the same afternoon as Dan and Phil :?
I feel you. My anxiety level about going outside went down instantly when I realised they're not in the same country as me anymore. :?
I guess I'm picking up the baton in this relay race of anxiety then :?
If Sarahh's insta story was live then they should've arrived at the airport already and maybe even left. Which means I wouldn't be at the airport at the same.

Am I relieved? Am I sad? Who knows
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Is this another superhero movie reference?
Help, I am too uncool/old/boring to understand the boys these days.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

liola wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm
kavat wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:26 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:13 pm
liola wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am That fear when you travel to Stockholm on the same afternoon as Dan and Phil :?
I feel you. My anxiety level about going outside went down instantly when I realised they're not in the same country as me anymore. :?
I guess I'm picking up the baton in this relay race of anxiety then :?
If Sarahh's insta story was live then they should've arrived at the airport already and maybe even left. Which means I wouldn't be at the airport at the same.

Am I relieved? Am I sad? Who knows
Dan's latest Insta story from over four hours ago is from the Helsinki airport, so I'm guessing they've already been in Stockholm for quite a while now.
direct link
hello9217
flower crown

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 pm Is this another superhero movie reference?
Help, I am too uncool/old/boring to understand the boys these days.
It's from the same movie as the other reference-Infinity Wars
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ame wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 am im sorry but im just reading the transcript for the helsinki show and i just wanna post this in appreciation to @alittledizzy for sacrificing themselves to listening to Every Loki the Cactus™ Joke ever. a moment of silence please.
D: [loki. loki is dead. did you know loki is dead? because dan's gonna tell you loki is dead. whether you want to hear it or not. my dreams are crispy now.]
honestly, this made me laugh so hard, much more than the actual running joke itself
Thank you, look, I gotta vary it up for my own sanity.

Re, Phil's tweet - Infinity War spoiler, if people still need that?
In the movie Thanos snaps his fingers and fifty percent of people in the universe disappear.
DryCereal
koi pond

Tbh, I'm not sure what's more obnoxious, Phil whining about comfort on a flight that lasts less than an hour, or Dan once again painting an innocuous family-related stories in the worst/most dramatic light...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

DryCereal wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:20 pm Tbh, I'm not sure what's more obnoxious, Phil whining about comfort on a flight that lasts less than an hour, or Dan once again painting an innocuous family-related stories in the worst/most dramatic light...
I mean, would he really be Dan if he didn't do that?

In case anyone didn't see that bit, I'll put it under a cut. It is technically a spoiler but it's removed from show context totally and not a staple of the show.
This is random, but why don't you and Dan have cars?
D: That is random. But a valid question, okay.
P: Well, I don't think I could be trusted behind a wheel.
D: No. We saw Phil with a series of dramatic weapons earlier, that's what he'd be like with a car.
P: I would.
D: So, um. Yeah. There we go.
P: I have passed my driving test, but my driving instructor had just won the lotto. So I don't feel like he was really caring what I was doing, he was just thinking about his private jet.
D: He literally just released a murder vehicle into the world and he didn't care anymore.
P: But the other thing is, London's got such a good underground system - which is kind of a boring thing. But it's just like, we don't need cars because we can get anywhere we want to go-
D: We ain't got no parking in the city. Hello. I just - I've never had. I actually, I went to university, I saved up money for like a year to buy my first car, which was the worst car ever. And then - seriously - I went to university. My friend who didn't go texted me a photo of my car outside my parents house with a for sale sign in the window. And I was like - uh. So I called my mum and I was like, are you selling my car? And they were like, yeah well, we bought you, like, food for ten years, so we can just sell your car. They sold - they didn't even ask me. Ever since that happened I'm just like, you know, feelings hurt about cars now. Don't even want a car. And I also don't need to drive.
P: No.
D: So there we go. Be thankful that you don't drive on a road with Phil on the loose.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

(i don't know if anybody already talked about this, sorry if i repeat stuff)

i just realised something : on sarah's story that she posted around 7 hours ago, am i the only one hearing dnp in the background?
:gayaf:
DryCereal
koi pond

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:22 pm
DryCereal wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:20 pm Tbh, I'm not sure what's more obnoxious, Phil whining about comfort on a flight that lasts less than an hour, or Dan once again painting an innocuous family-related stories in the worst/most dramatic light...
I guess he's just living his "truth" :ribena:
opendoor
rainbow nerd

DryCereal wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:25 pm
It is so petty to be like 'this one experience has ruined car-ownership for me...forever' i relate tho

I liked the question, because a lot of the questions can just be dispatched by D&P giving generic advice and this one required them to talk about themselves. Dan's answer made me raise my eyebrows, as he didnt need to tell that story and I feel like he's mellowed out about his family recently.

That story's pretty brutal imo. I understand the car was just sitting there but I can't imagine my parents selling something of mine and not giving me the profits.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

opendoor wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:04 pm
It is so petty to be like 'this one experience has ruined car-ownership for me...forever' i relate tho

I liked the question, because a lot of the questions can just be dispatched by D&P giving generic advice and this one required them to talk about themselves. Dan's answer made me raise my eyebrows, as he didnt need to tell that story and I feel like he's mellowed out about his family recently.

That story's pretty brutal imo. I understand the car was just sitting there but I can't imagine my parents selling something of mine and not giving me the profits.
I maybe should have put some kind of tonal indicator in the quote, because Dan was absolutely laughing when he said that about it ruining car ownership for him. He didn't sound all that broken up over it.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I don't actually see either as obnoxious?

Considering how tall they are I can understand being annoyed by that. If the flight is only an hour long why would anyone recline? That makes that person even more of a dick.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
opendoor
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 pm

I maybe should have put some kind of tonal indicator in the quote, because Dan was absolutely laughing when he said that about it ruining car ownership for him. He didn't sound all that broken up over it.
Oh good :) He's obviously sounded bitter about family-stuff before, but it's nice to know this was more of a joke.

I didn't mean petty in a negative way, really, I just mean Dan has a tendency to hold onto grievances, and its relateable.

Also this story really highlights how funny it was for him to be on that Jaguar panel last year.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
DryCereal
koi pond

opendoor wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Oh good :) He's obviously sounded bitter about family-stuff before, but it's nice to know this was more of a joke.

I didn't mean petty in a negative way, really, I just mean Dan has a tendency to hold onto grievances, and its relateable.

Also this story really highlights how funny it was for him to be on that Jaguar panel last year.
As for “Dan’s” car... I very much doubt it was his 😉.

Land Rover panel was ridiculous- I’m still not over that. Could’ve been worse though, they could have asked Phil...! 😂

“So Mr Lester, how was the last time you drove a car”

“Well, umm, my dad let me behind the wheel of the hire car in a car park on holiday and I committed vehicular manslaughter on a bedding plant...”

*stunned silence*
knq
lava lamp

opendoor wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

I get the sense that if Dan complains about something then it's not actually something that bothers him much if at all. It's just the kind of humor he likes.

Like, Phil eating his cereal. In the same 30 seconds Dan will claim he's eating porridge in the mornings now just because Phil doesn't like porridge and won't steal it, then say he made Phil try the porridge and that he doesn't understand why Phil doesn't like it. :shrug: No better examples are coming to mind but I feel like there are some. Being contradictory is Dan's thing.

Also reminds me of that time he chipped his tooth on an apple his grandma gave him and the moral of the story was "don't eat fruit."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:23 pm (i don't know if anybody already talked about this, sorry if i repeat stuff)

i just realised something : on sarah's story that she posted around 7 hours ago, am i the only one hearing dnp in the background?
Ooh I just went and listened. I can definitely hear that voice you're talking about, though I can't tell for sure if it's one of them. Wouldn't be that surprising though I guess, if that was in the venue!
sparkle
blobfish

ratlad wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 am
sparkle wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 pm This post functions as tomorrows daily request from Sparkle for a new dinof video. Please Daniel.

I'm properly angry for the first time in a long while so I'd like another video with something that caught me as off guard as the phrase 'laughter, food, and sex' did, and then trying to work out if Dan made two dick sucking jokes. Its been 3 months and its still my highlight of YouTube this year.
this worked with a phil video last time, so,
here we go:
dan... please..... :tenfootpole:
tomorrow. thank.
hopefully he will answer.
Dan clearly wants to leave me pissed off :shrug:

I kid, but I am still in one hell of a bad mood.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

In case anyone didn't see that bit, I'll put it under a cut. It is technically a spoiler but it's removed from show context totally and not a staple of the show.
D: No. We saw Phil with a series of dramatic weapons earlier, that's what he'd be like with a car.
P: I have passed my driving test, but my driving instructor had just won the lotto. So I don't feel like he was really caring what I was doing, he was just thinking about his private jet.
D: He literally just released a murder vehicle into the world and he didn't care anymore.
P: But the other thing is, London's got such a good underground system - which is kind of a boring thing. But it's just like, we don't need cars because we can get anywhere we want to go-
D: We ain't got no parking in the city. Hello. I just - I've never had. I actually, I went to university, I saved up money for like a year to buy my first car, which was the worst car ever. And then - seriously - I went to university. My friend who didn't go texted me a photo of my car outside my parents house with a for sale sign in the window. And I was like - uh. So I called my mum and I was like, are you selling my car? And they were like, yeah well, we bought you, like, food for ten years, so we can just sell your car. They sold - they didn't even ask me. Ever since that happened I'm just like, you know, feelings hurt about cars now. Don't even want a car. And I also don't need to drive.
D: So there we go. Be thankful that you don't drive on a road with Phil on the loose.
It stood out to me that he said his parents bought him food for 10 years -- he moved out when he was like 18 or 19 right? What happened to the rest of the almost decade? I mean it wouldn't surprise me if it was just typical Dan not having his words come out right lol. But also make me wonder if maybe he lived with his grandparents for a bit or something? cause honestly that would kinda make sense.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

KatjaZoe wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:34 pm

It stood out to me that he said his parents bought him food for 10 years -- he moved out when he was like 18 or 19 right? What happened to the rest of the almost decade? I mean it wouldn't surprise me if it was just typical Dan not having his words come out right lol. But also make me wonder if maybe he lived with his grandparents for a bit or something? cause honestly that would kinda make sense.
i think he just pulled a double digit number out of my ass

edit: i meant to say "his ass" but i didn't realize i said "my ass" until after i posted it but now i am laughing.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sparkle
blobfish

ratlad wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 pm
KatjaZoe wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:34 pm

i think he just pulled a double digit number out of my ass

edit: i meant to say "his ass" but i didn't realize i said "my ass" until after i posted it but now i am laughing.
forum is over, ratlad is Phil, Dan tops, confirmed :illuminati: :rofl:

#forumisoverparty #idbisoverparty #itwasfunwhileitlasted
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

sorry phil, i'm that person who always reclines the seat the exact second the seatbelt light goes off. :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

But we have heard the car story somewhere before right? Or am I going crazy?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:53 am But we have heard the car story somewhere before right? Or am I going crazy?
Yup - 45:45 of this liveshow from 2014.

kavat
pastel persona

So we know they left Helsinki but so far we've had zero proof that they actually arrived in Stockholm. Did they accidentally board a plane to Oslo? Maybe they had to do an emergency landing on Åland? I'm impatient here.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

kavat wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:14 am So we know they left Helsinki but so far we've had zero proof that they actually arrived in Stockholm. Did they accidentally board a plane to Oslo? Maybe they had to do an emergency landing on Åland? I'm impatient here.
A Day in the Life of Dan and Phil Rowing to Sweden