Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:32 am
apathy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:20 am The new video reminds me a lot of "How To Make Dan Cringe" in that, when it comes to Dan's fears/dislikes that Phil doesn't relate to, it seems like he doesn't take it that seriously? Or at least seems to be genuinely baffled with the "why is this bothering you so much?" type reactions and just keeps pushing him to get through it - which Dan does, in both cases. It's such an interesting dynamic.
I definitely see the similarities in those two videos. I do think that there is another basic premise to keep in mind, though - that these are things Dan has agreed to being filmed. So I feel like while they're things that Dan fear/dislikes, they aren't on the level that he thinks he can't endure through. Which... I kinda get. But it's still interesting since we see Dan like that so rarely.
Its in good fun, and Dan also tends to hyperbolize (what a drama king), like in "How To Make Dan Cringe" Dan repeatedly threatens to punch Phil he's so bothered by the object. Phil is also sweet and teasing, but asks if he's okay. Seeing Dan genuinely freaked out in todays gaming video was interesting, and I don't think he was faking too many reactions in the old lessamazingphil video, where he cringes and stutters over his words. Have we seen Phil like that? Other than the VR motion-sickness?
yeetussy
glabella

Happy birthday Daniel!! :hbd: <3 <3 27 already? Damn I feel old :lol: also it’s technically not Monday in my country yet but it’s close enough and I’m antsy
KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:57 am However I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it really was more of his idea than just Phil’s. #masochismkink

(btw imo I don’t think he’s just joking about having a pain/ masochism kink. totally not saying that from personal experience nope not at all)
As someone who also totally has no experience I +1 all of this ;). I really liked that video and I loved Phil being so cheeky and bratty in it. I’m not much of an arachnophobe or emetophobe myself, so I had no problems with this video. His reactions seemed genuine and I lived for it. Overall a pretty solid viddy, not my favourite, but a good one
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:32 am
apathy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:20 am The new video reminds me a lot of "How To Make Dan Cringe" in that, when it comes to Dan's fears/dislikes that Phil doesn't relate to, it seems like he doesn't take it that seriously? Or at least seems to be genuinely baffled with the "why is this bothering you so much?" type reactions and just keeps pushing him to get through it - which Dan does, in both cases. It's such an interesting dynamic.
I definitely see the similarities in those two videos. I do think that there is another basic premise to keep in mind, though - that these are things Dan has agreed to being filmed. So I feel like while they're things that Dan fear/dislikes, they aren't on the level that he thinks he can't endure through. Which... I kinda get. But it's still interesting since we see Dan like that so rarely.
I find the "How to make Dan cringe" video especially interesting in this aspect because you can tell that while Dan is protesting and genuinely cringing, he's not actually upset for 99% of the video. In contrast, around 1:45, Phil has stopped drawing on the item, Dan has stopped cringing, he starts to say something, Phil interrupts with an incredulous "What is wrong with you?" Dan takes half a second to process what Phil just said, and then he looks shocked, betrayed, and ready to rip someone's face off, followed by some intense eye contact, Dan defending himself, and Phil backing down.

Like, it's a video about something Dan hates, but the two seconds he looks actually upset are when Phil implies Dan is strange in a way that they don't share.

And that's my extremely subjective interpretation of a few seconds of video. Seriously though, tune into the cringe video at like 1:43. Am I the only one who feared Dan's wrath in exactly this moment?

kavat
pastel persona

Catallena wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:22 pm
My friend and I are now wondering if Dan ever played the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets game :')
Omg yeah I thought of that too. I could hear "Bite him, my children!" in my head.

I think the closest thing to seing Phil cringe or being really uncomfortable lately is when Dan made him swear on camera? Or when he ate bugs in the chopstick challenge? But neither of those were as bad as the spiders for Dan, I think.
Flomy
sofa crease

Lol happy birthday Dan. :tu:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

:sideeye: What did he do "now" that he's not going to heaven? Is this another Uma Thurman tweet? :sideeye:
obvsly
#relatable

Looks like Dan is wearing a black party hat to the meet n' greet today.
At first I thought it was given to him by a fan for a photo, but he's wearing it in all the pictures so far. Cute. :love2:
kavat
pastel persona

Aaw I love the thought of Phil giving him a party hat with his birthday pancakes, and Dan insisting on wearing it for the rest of the day.

Happy birthday Danny boy! :rainbowsparkle: :cakescene:

Edit to add this one, not only is her aesthetic amazing, but Phils face looks like actual rubber :D
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

happy birthgayday dan!
:birthday:
that black bday hat is adorable, i hope phil takes him out for sushi tonight

i feel like it wasn't that long ago since dan posted that "i'm feelin 22" vine on his 22nd bday... time flies! no but seriously i'm freaking out.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
realeyesrealize
living flop

:blackheart:

kavat
pastel persona

Yes, please do, that's amazing This is also very cute, a potato dan!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

This is so cute!! I hope Dan has the best birthday ever :love1:
(i don't feel like this needs spoiler tags as it gives nothing away about II, and it's unique to Dan's birthday show)
ratlad
angel bean

captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:39 pm This is so cute!! I hope Dan has the best birthday ever :love1:
(i don't feel like this needs spoiler tags as it gives nothing away about II, and it's unique to Dan's birthday show)
AAAAWWW :happytears:
i love it all
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Four pictures! Phil is spoiling us. And in true fashion, Dan looks dead behind the eyes in all of them. (Not stopping me from having some warm fuzzies over the empty wine bottle and up close angle of that second one though.)

Yaaay for Dan's birthday! :cakescene: :cakescene: :cakescene: (Also, pretend you can see the awesome birthday header @rizzo made that our host is late putting up. Trust me, it's super cute.)
ratlad
angel bean

that tweet is illegal and isn't allowed to make me cry
the closeup looks like a drunk night in playing video games
i hate it
:thx: :garbage:
autumnhearth
senpai

I can see the banner and it is indeed super cute! :ribena:

Thanks for sharing Phil. Love the loveseat shot in the lounge. I’m wondering if the one with the black Santa hat was taken at Martyn and Cornelia’s place. The sparkler is definitely from bonfire night with Bryony and who knows about that old wooden ceiling in the first pic.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

(Pssst. If you still can't see the banner, Command+Shift+R on Mac and Ctrl + F5 on PC.)

Happy B-Day, Dan!!! Not that you're gonna read this, but thanks for being gr8. None of us would be in this god forsaken community without you. Hope you get good food, good laughter, and good lovin' today. :tu:

:birthday:
liola
rankussy

There is something about that second picture that is just giving me fuzzy warm feelings. The pic itself is hideous (Lmao sorry Dan even you can some times look less than objectively attractive) but the close-up, the background of their home, that empty bottle of alcohol and the controller in shot? Too much for my heart, it just screams cozy night in for just the two of them :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ahh I'm so, so thrilled that Phandom Gives hit the goal and yay to Dan tweeting about it! <3
sonicgreen
woodland creature

:happybirthday:
Happy Birthday, Dan! <3
@lilabet way to go on leading the Phandom Gives project again, I'm filled with so much pride for our phandom. Hopefully with Dan's tweet as a boost we can match/exceed Phil's drive from February.
My heart is all fuzzy at the thought of him feeling loved from all the donations in his name.
dancy
procrastinator

Aww, I'm so happy Dan has acknowledged Phandom Gives and that we got to reach the goal! I hope he's been having a lovely day so far <3 I'm a bit surprised at the lack of happy birthday tweets from other Youtubers thus far, just from Jacksepticeye and Anthony (sorta), I think. I could be wrong though, I just got home so I haven't had much time to check.

They haven't really posted any Poland-related Insta stories either, I guess they may not have had a lot of time to go sightseeing.
Hm, like in Russia, the stage looked rather empty
starwatersong
phabergé

Love that the photos will give more flat conjecture, too!

And love the nice Thank You and retweet for Phandom Gives! Feels great to be a part of something bigger than this. Can someone not on their phone share the tweet from Dan, please? <3

Edited to add: Wow! Already done! You guys are on the ball!
liola
rankussy

Why are they like this
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
knq
lava lamp

birthday boi :birthday:
II:
Did Dan get sacrificed (twice?) on his birthday? That's just cruel, man. :cry: