Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Ablissa wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:42 pm
watsonian wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:38 pm
Controversial, but I don't think it's particularly problematic to go sight-seeing in hopes of running into dnp, especially if you actually enjoy the sights and you ask permission for photos if you do run into them. Hanging around hotels--yes, that's objectively stalking. But sightseeing with hopes, I'm not sure? I'm willing to be convinced though. And the last RPF fandom I was in, stalkers literally set up tents, camped outside the home of two of the celebrities, and shouted at them whenever they came outside, so my bar for what constitutes problematic might be unusually high just by knowing that's a thing that exists.
I get what you mean, but in this situation they're not sightseeing, they live here and they know the places. They split up to be more efficient and find them, some are camping hotels, some are camping tourist spots. idk, to me that's not sightseeing anymore. :/
Again I'm not judging them, I'm just glad I took no part in it in the end.
Yes, that doesn't sound like the type of sight-seeing with hopes of running into them I'd be willing to defend. There's a line and what you've described clearly crosses it. For me, it's the difference between 'lets all meet up at this particular tourist location before the show. maybe dnp will even be there!' and 'lets scour the city with the express purpose of finding dnp.' Neither of those is something I'd do personally. But for one I think you could walk away having had a good time with new friends whether or not you met dnp. The other I think you'd go home and wonder how fandom has impacted your life and if you really want to be a part of it.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Today was the Warsaw Pride Parade... I wonder if they were able to catch any part of it? An event that size is probably hard to miss.
srutututu
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they/he

^ actually, it was yesterday :)
Phantasy
woodland creature

srutututu wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:26 pm ^ actually, it was yesterday :)
Shoot... whelp, never mind! :|
sparkle
blobfish

I'm going to wade in to this with literally the only comparison I have which is Jedward. I met Jedward at work last year, I got them to sign an autograph for my girlfriend and I talked to them (THEY ARE SO FUCKING SWEET OMG) and it was a super genuine reaction that made me really, really happy.

I had a friend who was OBSSESSED with Jedward (this was when I first went to uni so 2013/14) and she was part of a fan group who would somehow find out the exact details of where they were. Like hotel room numbers, schedules, etc. And became known enough that John and Edward recognised them. She also did the same with Avril Lavigne (if for whatever reason she is reading this, hmu I miss you) and I always found it really, really creepy. Like its cool if you're walking around and you bump into someone - my mum once met Bob Geldof on the street in London, I met one of my favourite comedians on a beach in Spain - but being calculated about it? Idk. Its not the same, and its pretty bloody creepy. Let them live ffs. I'm also amazed though that they were able to find out this much stuff, I would have no idea where to begin. I am pretty good at finding information from the past on the internet, but anything like that and I have no clue.

I do find it sweet with the parents though. My mum basically turned into a Mama Bear when I met Gerard Way so I could get something signed. My mum knows of Dan and Phil, thinks they're funny, and she would probably send me a photo of them if she happened to see them wandering around. And then probably go up to them and ask why they struggle so much with my name :lol:

I also want to add a disclaimer that I HAVE approached people in public before, specifically Patty Walters outside a M&S in Islington - very weird day, and I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it. I have also recognised people, seen they were in a rush, and left them alone - specifically Noel Clarke who used to play Mickey Smith in Doctor Who near Covent Garden.

Basically, ramble aside. I dont think approaching D&P is wrong, I dont think getting a photo with them in public is wrong, but I think literally fucking stalking them round a city the day before one of their birthdays is wrong.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lol @ this being Dan's most recent twitter like:
He is not subtle, is he.
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

Slightly off topic (because I’ve started seeing this pop up on various sites) But to anyone lurking who has already started waiting up for Dan’s Birthday and a tweet from Phil. It’s only 21:00 on the 10th June in Poland right now. They’ve probably not even gone to bed yet.
So please go get some sleep (and maybe google how timezones work). Because I guarantee you’ve got at least 12 hours before anything will happen.
:ribena: <3
Take care of yourselves first guys.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I have to agree, bumping into people as part of your day is one thing (I've had this happen, but never gone up to them as I always happen to look like something that cat dragged in) but the calculated way some people go about things makes me uncomfortable. I've had info about people's hotels, or whereabouts or other 'confidential' information before and I've never done anything with it. No matter who you are, people when not working have the right to live their lives without being hassled all the time.

When I saw all the Moscow photos, I was happy to see them, but felt bad because there were SO many people there and it must have taken up a good chunk of time they could have spent looking around the city.

I will say I'm all for natural interactions that develop from being in the same place though, if it's not forced. Years ago my friends and I used to go to an event that had an evening party held upstairs at a hotel where the stars attending the event would visit for an hour or two. We'd end up downstairs in the bar after, drinking and taking stupid photos of each other, and the stars normally ended up there after their contracted hours at the party. We never bugged them or took creepshots, or stared at them, just let them be and carried on having fun by ourselves. Normally though they'd end up talking to us when we were getting drinks at the bar, and normally ended up partying/drinking with them for the rest of the night... And the reason they did that? Was because we weren't hounding them and following them around, and treated them like normal people. :ribena:

I'm not sure I actually made sense there... but anyway. Hopefully my point got across.

ETA: Oooh, new video. Gonna save that for later tonight. All the better to get nightmares with...
liola
rankussy

Dammit my phobia is really bad and I'm not sure if I can watch it without going into a panic but I really wanted a new video :(
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I like the fact that Dan's reactions were quite genuine, however I wasn't a fan of the gagging noises (I recommend watching this one without headphones if possible, especially if gagging bothers you). I definitely related to Dan's reactions though because I would never be able to do that, especially with the sounds.

It was a pretty good video overall though, and I love how much of a shit Phil was being in it.
susan2
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:40 pm Dammit my phobia is really bad and I'm not sure if I can watch it without going into a panic but I really wanted a new video :(
me too - i think this will have to be the first dapg video i don't give at least one watch :sob:
autumnhearth
senpai

I don’t mind spiders too much, what actually got me was the sounds and visuals of Dan gagging. At first I thought he was being over dramatic but by the end he actually looked ill.

+1 for coordinated black and white fashion, another Katamari shirt, Dan’s toes and Phil going in for the little spider neck tickles (right after Dan said he was sweating... hmm) oh and bratty Dan telling Phil to shut up which reminded me of early 2010/2011 gaming on their channels.

It might not have been “the least fun I’ve ever had” during a gaming video for me, but it’s not going to be high on the rewatch list, especially as the husband is arachnophobic.

Perhaps this was filmed on that bath day at home, the one with the black mask. I guess we deserved that for his suffering. Though why you would want to bath in dark sludge after that experience, I don’t know. Nevermind, he said he took a shower.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The gagging was a bit difficult, but yeah I definitely think it was a genuine response. I don't think he was exaggerating or overemphasizing that. I imagine with headphones in the sound really was quite intense to him, and probably a lot louder and closer than what we got through the audio feed that had Dan and Phil's talking layered over it.

It was a good video, though. I really enjoyed it. I don't feel like it's that often that we get Dan being challenged in this way on the channel. (And he must have ultimately been okay with it, I imagine if he'd really wanted to put his foot down they'd have just scrapped the video.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Update on the dinof video, aka just a very typical Dan response
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I find it interesting that the gagging bothered a lot of people - I have pretty bad emetophobia, and it actually didn't bother me at all (maybe the exposure therapy has actually been working haha)

I also really like the video. Like others have said, his reactions felt very genuine and it was interesting to see that side of him on the gaming channel. I also loved Phil during this, he was such a menace.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I have never related to Dan more than during this video.
Still enjoyed watching it, even if I had to cover the screen a few times.
Bratty Phil was entertaining. Him talking troughout the video did help me, because I did not want to hear all the noises Dan did.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Not a fan of the gagging noises either. Watched a lot of it muted.

I can absolutely not stand spiders IRL either but the ones in Skyrim never bothered me. They look more like crabs and they are so big that that the "small and crawling all over your body" fear isn't triggered. But I can totally understand if people don't wanna watch it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lmao this had to be Phil's revenge for something other than just his Skyrim trauma. :lol:

I liked it, even though it was mostly Dan screaming and gagging. I agree that his reactions seemed genuine, after all this is the guy who literally threw his phone while calling Phil when a spider landed on him.

Phil teasing Dan with the spider tickles was both cute and evil. So very Phil :thumb:

My friend and I are now wondering if Dan ever played the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets game :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

Ended up watching it covering the screen the entire time, I was both amused by Dan's reaction and wanted to hug him because I relate a lot. I catched a glimpse of some during the covering/uncovering of the video and I wasn't feeling that great, I would NEVER made it through even a minute with headphones and visor on.

Phil is truly an evil guy wow :(
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

the gagging and retching sounds didnt really bother me much, but i do know theres a lot of people who are uncomfortable with the concept of vomiting, so its understandable. i find his reactions were quite genuine and you could physically see his hands shaking and his skin turning paler than it is and looking a bit clammy. by the end of the video, he looked like he was about ready to cry...didnt doubt for a second that he, in fact, did. (poor dan)

also enjoyed phil being a little shit today, that neck tickle made me laugh AND feel sorry for dan at the same time. there were some points where i feel like phil was feeling a bit sorry and he just kept encouraging him instead of being an ass. but yeah, i think he was just enjoying the hell out of it 99% of the time.

in other news: dans macro/micro kinks are showing again
"moon, i dont even care. crush me. come for me. just come and squash me right now. okay." im kidding ill let myself out

---

editing this to add that apparently daniel howell himself acknowledged his own masochism kink like wow, do you ever feel like that friend who just jokingly makes fun of a friend's kink, turning it into an inside meme thinking its not real, but then you find out its real and now youre sweating
Last edited by lesterchuu on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you are next to me in my life"
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Complete aside but... I didn’t check in on Phandom Gives for a few days and now it’s at almost £7.5k! <3
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Hi trying to watch the new video, but before I started I noticed there was an emetophobia warning in the description. I'm not bothered by spiders but I do want to know if there is any vomit in the video? Or if that was like "oh no if you're scared of spiders you might be sick!"
Could anyone clarify before I watch? (I don't really want video spoilers so I haven't read any recent IDB posts yet, sorry if I'm being repetitive).
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 pm Hi trying to watch the new video, but before I started I noticed there was an emetophobia warning in the description. I'm not bothered by spiders but I do want to know if there is any vomit in the video? Or if that was like "oh no if you're scared of spiders you might be sick!"
Could anyone clarify before I watch? (I don't really want video spoilers so I haven't read any recent IDB posts yet, sorry if I'm being repetitive).
theres no actual vomiting in the video but dan does a lot of the retching noises, i heard its a lot helpful watching it w/o headphones.
"you are next to me in my life"
sonicgreen
woodland creature

ame wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 pm Hi trying to watch the new video, but before I started I noticed there was an emetophobia warning in the description. I'm not bothered by spiders but I do want to know if there is any vomit in the video? Or if that was like "oh no if you're scared of spiders you might be sick!"
theres no actual vomiting in the video but dan does a lot of the retching noises, i heard its a lot helpful watching it w/o headphones.
Hm, we'll see if I can make it through the video, definitely taking off my headphones then. Thanks!