Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

This is just to say that that I’m glad to see Phil’s quiff a bit higher, it looked quite sad in Warsaw and Hellsinki but I didn’t want to say anything at the time, now it makes sense that he was sick. (Also my husband’s family makes these oat, chocolate and peanut butter cookies they call ‘horse plops’ that I dislike based both on the name and the way they dry your mouth up. *shudders*)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Damn, he looks good. His voice sounds slightly husky still, quite sexy for joking about sweets.
parallel
phabergé

That Capita£ester shoutout though. I'm scared. Dan, are you reading this right now?
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 pm There was so many great moments, but two that stuck out for me are Phil's face/reaction at Dan calling out capitalester at 7:59, and also the super cute moment at 8:33 (Dan's face when Phil bopped his nose was adorable here).
this one?

so cute. i expected him to frown or retaliate or just have a more over the top response, in general.

and phil's one eyebrow starting to raise after, which was cruelly jump-cut :sideeye:

everyone has mentioned my favourite parts already (i LIVE for dan calling out phil's "multivations", which is now a capital£ester phrase for his multiple motivations henceforth). it shows how comfortable they are that phil can tease his unintentional and frequent misspeaking habit and dan isn't hurt. idk what got into dan to make him break the 4th wall like that, but i want more.

4.25 - dan: "alright, give us a running commentary". he does this sharp intake thing that makes him sound almost breathless on the last word? flustered.
7.10 - this made me think of rough and smooth from the Harry Potter patronus vid, and phil giggling at that. both choose 'smooth', eh boys? interesting ;)
11.05 - something about dan's voice here ("presenting it well, we never show the whole thing...", and "on the foil?!") gives me old school vibes. i'm gonna call it natural voice, because i feel like that has more tones than just quiet/soft/deep for both of them. dan's natural voice can often also be quite high and sweet sounding.

i used to be addicted to tetris. something about requiring a lot of focus but not too much abstract thinking is good for their gaming channel. it made me want more donkey kong and crash bandicoot, bubble bobble and mario kart type uploads (idk what that would fall under as a genre). they always seem to enjoy themselves and relax and get a little competitive, but not stressed out with each other, and so the bants are on point.
art in avatar by lily
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Phil ruining (as if) Dan's glamour shot.
liola
rankussy

I'm gonna ask here as well, maybe someone knows: I didn't have time to print the tickets (they're the print @ home ones) but I have them on my phone, can someone confirm that it's okay? I never had troubles in other shows but I dunno
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
thatone
delia smith

liola wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:07 pm I'm gonna ask here as well, maybe someone knows: I didn't have time to print the tickets (they're the print @ home ones) but I have them on my phone, can someone confirm that it's okay? I never had troubles in other shows but I dunno

No worries- I only had my phone :) you just have to show the part with the QR-code because they scan it
liola
rankussy

thatone wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:10 pm
liola wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:07 pm I'm gonna ask here as well, maybe someone knows: I didn't have time to print the tickets (they're the print @ home ones) but I have them on my phone, can someone confirm that it's okay? I never had troubles in other shows but I dunno

No worries- I only had my phone :) you just have to show the part with the QR-code because they scan it
Thank you so much, my anxiety was acting up :(
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Phantasy
woodland creature

Looks like from today’s M&G pics that Dan trimmed down his nails a bit...
(No ‘Phil paints my nails’ or ‘Dan’s trip to the salon’ vid...that was a bit anti-climactic)
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

that story.....i’m a dannie in the worst way. he’s so cute. you get those knees out for phil, dan.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Uhf, Phil's ig story is too much. He looks so good and it sounds like he's about to say something important, then whips out a bag of chocolates with that cheeky look on his face, and both of them giggling :love2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just like, general PSA, I kind of love everything about them right now. Rewatched the video this morning then rewatched those ig stories multiple times. They are happy and as it so happens that is exactly what I want so +10 for giving this person what she wants.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm Just like, general PSA, I kind of love everything about them right now. Rewatched the video this morning then rewatched those ig stories multiple times. They are happy and as it so happens that is exactly what I want so +10 for giving this person what she wants.
i feel this in my bones, my blood, my hair, my skin. i love when they travel, it brings out something in them.. keeps everything so fresh and they're doing something they love with each other.
:happytears: :xoxo: :love2:
it's inspiring me quite a bit, don't know why. not that i'm able to take a trip around the world, but i just feel hopeful watching them be happy together.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sparkle
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm Just like, general PSA, I kind of love everything about them right now. Rewatched the video this morning then rewatched those ig stories multiple times. They are happy and as it so happens that is exactly what I want so +10 for giving this person what she wants.
I feel this in my heart.

I would also like to personally thank Dan and Phil for having not shit merch, you dont have to like it, but at least their merch is for the most part - interesting. Like I was out with my mum today and I saw a woman wearing a Sugg Life hoodie, and they're just so shit. It looks like something you'd get for free? Its lazy, and I actually appreciate that D&P do more than just slap a logo on various colours of hoodies - Dans merch especially is stuff I'd buy if I saw it in a shop.

Related to that but definitely off topic: Can Alfie Deyes please fuck off. And then fuck off again.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

+1 to this! i just love all the happy vibes and its definitely influencing the entire fandom as well. honestly, all i want from them is to be happy so im already getting what i want eh
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean

sparkle wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:29 pm
I feel this in my heart.

I would also like to personally thank Dan and Phil for having not shit merch, you dont have to like it, but at least their merch is for the most part - interesting. Like I was out with my mum today and I saw a woman wearing a Sugg Life hoodie, and they're just so shit. It looks like something you'd get for free? Its lazy, and I actually appreciate that D&P do more than just slap a logo on various colours of hoodies - Dans merch especially is stuff I'd buy if I saw it in a shop.

Related to that but definitely off topic: Can Alfie Deyes please fuck off. And then fuck off again.
tthhiisss! dnp put effort into their recent stuff instead of run of the mill YouTuber merch that's like $50 for a hoodie with their username in size 14 Arial font.
Alfie's video was literally just "im not gonna spend money on food, but i'll buy myself a videogame, tshirts, jewelery, and a fucking comb for my beard cause poor people can't afford that other stuff so what's the point in me not spending that money?"
all while going to his personal gym trainer.
at least he didn't have his posh black coffee, that must have been so tough on him :( he didn't even get to use his filtered water or protein bars either!!! he really is the face of bravery for this generation.
hello9217
flower crown

This embodies everything I'm feeling as well. I saw the pics from both m&g's today and they just looked so nice and well rested and like they definitely took advantage of the two day break. Dan especially seemed so happy today and it is just so welcoming to see.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Before I say anything about the show tonight I just wanna give a big shout out to all the lovely peeps we met after the matinee and hung out with at the evening show. I’ve met quite a few of the IDB posters during this tour and YOU ARE ALL SO LOVELY ❤️❤️

Tonight show was wild!
We got Dan telling Phil that “balls aren’t your strong point” when Phil dropped the audience participation ball. And then said he regularly sees Phil playing Fortnite naked on the sofa.
Also, during the matinee
Dan was on the wheel and was taking off the white suit, Phil said “Dans coming out soon” and everyone laughed with Dan telling Phil off. It was a cute moment.
The evening show was definitely much funnier than the matinee.
The wierd thing though was the venue hadn’t sold a majority of the seats. We were sitting on the balcony during the matinee and all three blocks from the front row to about row 30 was empty. During the interval luckily people just moved forwards but in the evening show people weren’t allowed to move so all those seats remained empty. Must have been weird for Deppy!
Also there was nooo stage at all just the set on the floor, I’ll put a photo under the spoiler.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ratlad
angel bean

missemma wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:51 pm Before I say anything about the show tonight I just wanna give a big shout out to all the lovely peeps we met after the matinee and hung out with at the evening show. I’ve met quite a few of the IDB posters during this tour and YOU ARE ALL SO LOVELY ❤️❤️

Tonight show was wild!
We got Dan telling Phil that “balls aren’t your strong point” when Phil dropped the audience participation ball. And then said he regularly sees Phil playing Fortnite naked on the sofa.
Also, during the matinee
Dan was on the wheel and was taking off the white suit, Phil said “Dans coming out soon” and everyone laughed with Dan telling Phil off. It was a cute moment.
The evening show was definitely much funnier than the matinee.
The wierd thing though was the venue hadn’t sold a majority of the seats. We were sitting on the balcony during the matinee and all three blocks from the front row to about row 30 was empty. During the interval luckily people just moved forwards but in the evening show people weren’t allowed to move so all those seats remained empty. Must have been weird for Deppy!
Also there was nooo stage at all just the set on the floor, I’ll put a photo under the spoiler.
is there any need for more context or was everything meant to be taken the way we're all taking it?
thank u for sharing this
starwatersong
phabergé

illmakeuhowell on YouTube posted an amusing compilation of all of the "Dan vs. Phil" intros over time.

Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

starwatersong wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:58 am illmakeuhowell on YouTube posted an amusing compilation of all of the "Dan vs. Phil" intros over time.

im legit laughing, its like the Loss.jpg meme...they dont even have the make a sound, everyone just KNOWS
"you are next to me in my life"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I can't believe more people aren't flipping their shit over the whole naked Fortnite thing. I feel like I've watched tumblr and twitter both have a slight meltdown over it. It's been through the whole cycle-of-phan, from 'I don't understand why he'd say that' to 'they're obviously just lying to make fans happy' to 'it's obviously just a joke' to 'I finally think they're together.'
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:28 am
I can't believe more people aren't flipping their shit over the whole naked Fortnite thing. I feel like I've watched tumblr and twitter both have a slight meltdown over it. It's been through the whole cycle-of-phan, from 'I don't understand why he'd say that' to 'they're obviously just lying to make fans happy' to 'it's obviously just a joke' to 'I finally think they're together.'
trust me, im drunk at my cousin’s wedding but i am flipping my shit over it. i don’t know how to even process it. i know you can’t post the full audio butnim dying for that clip.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

platonic dude buds who happen to be flatmates joke about stuff like that all the time smh :roll:

jk i'm living for this shit
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

Yeah I dunno. I guess nothing surprises me anymore. Naked gaming just brings to mind Phil’s comment on Dan’s 300 follower nakedbooth, asking if he can be player 2. Boys are gross. :shrug: