Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

thatone wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:15 pm
LurkingTrash wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:14 pm what is a room and how to I get in it? lol
Search for the account DanAndPhil and click on in - their profile/stream is their "room" :) Although at this point it's just darkness and a bunch of confused Phans chatting haha.
that worked, thank you! :thumb: it's loading for a while now
alien
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

I was in a couple different rooms earlier with no problem but now I can't get into any. It just shows the person's profile pic and a loading circle that never actually loads. I really wanted this to work because I really wanted a dnp liveshow. Hopefully they figure it out soon and we get one today!
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Lol I just got a notification saying they were live, and when I touched it, it popped up a screen saying they were no longer live. I'm not really sure why Rize would want to force test their product like this. It's pretty much the worst PR they could have.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
aleanna
glabella

lilabet wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm Why didn't they do a private room where they invited the Frist few hundred followers and then invite a different group next time? It would limit the numbers and stop it crashing.
TBH, even a few hundred is a LOT per room for the app. Average room size is probably between 5 and 10 on normal day.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The only thing that is currently live is my Twitter feed. What a mess.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

lilabet wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm Why didn't they do a private room where they invited the Frist few hundred followers and then invite a different group next time? It would limit the numbers and stop it crashing.
well for one, the phandom would throw a fit over not being able to see it, and i've been watching a lot of old liveshows recently and one of the reasons they keep saying they used younow to begin with was that it didn't limit the number of people that could watch. with a fanbase this big, doing 'exclusive' live streams for just a few hundred people would definitely cause a lot of in-fighting.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

sugar wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 pm
well for one, the phandom would throw a fit over not being able to see it, and i've been watching a lot of old liveshows recently and one of the reasons they keep saying they used younow to begin with was that it didn't limit the number of people that could watch. with a fanbase this big, doing 'exclusive' live streams for just a few hundred people would definitely cause a lot of in-fighting.
Yeah but something is better than nothing and we all knew they'd crash it.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i bet you they'll finally start streaming at 9 pm
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
thatone
delia smith

obvsly
#relatable

On the app for 25 minutes and it already drained 50% of my phone battery. The phone is burning hot even though I've been putting it on a cool damp towel for the last 15. This super sucks.
human
dan hand trash

LOLOL. Again?? Buddy, they never WERE. Damn.
Last edited by human on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sugar
eclipse shirt

oh, thank god. i was expecting it to be bad but i certainly didn't expect it to be this bad. glad they're going to give a liveshow anyway.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

phil just tweeted that if this thing wont work they might go to younow for today instead, what a mess (eats my popcorn)

also i was just gunna sit back and watch everyones reactions cz i sure as hell aint downloading this app but if they go to the old platform i might be able to watch them afterall! granted ill still be on my break......................
Last edited by lesterchuu on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you are next to me in my life"
Birdie
blobfish

Phil just tweeted that they're having technical difficulties and might switch to YouNow. Since Rize won't work on my tablet (old af though) nor on my brand new phone, that way I'd actually get to see the stream, imagine that. :)

EDIT: As always, several people were faster than me.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

susan2
rainbow nerd

human wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 pm LOLOL. Again?? Buddy, they never WERE. Damn.
that's rude af - it's Rize's fault, not D+P's :roll:
honeybee
squish

I'm also in the room with nothing happening. I feel like we should democratically elect one person in the whole phandom to go in the room, record it and then upload it for the rest of us :lol:
Aeryth
squish

and all of a sudden YouNow doesn't seem to be so bad :lol:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Christ lol. At least we'll probably be getting a good old younow liveshow then
Flomy
sofa crease

:rofl: looking forward to next week already.
Never thought I'd say this (I've never been a fan), but thank god for YouNow! :stan:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

younow looking like a damn godsend right now
human
dan hand trash

Dan is signed into YouNow, looks like it'll be his channel!
yeetussy
glabella

Yikes does Rize know they need to word that stuff better…people are already pissed w dnp for no reason, they don’t need any more fuel to the fire
sweetlyphan
delia smith

Rize really thinks the app will work next week :rofl:
:prideheart2:
JustMarie
drama llama

somethingsketchy wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 pm
I'M ACTUALLY LAUGHING SO HARD :rofl:
I knew this wasn't going to work, I didn't even downloaded the app