Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

One of my fave phil tweets tbh. Also the boys are off to America tonight. It's going to be weird having them in my country.
starwatersong
phabergé

hello9217 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:09 pm One of my fave phil tweets tbh. Also the boys are off to America tonight. It's going to be weird having them in my country.
I think the time zone shift will be weird, since I’ve never really experienced it with them.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

It's always a bit weird to have them on this continent, and it will be for such a long time! Just looking at their US tour dates is exhausting. It's show after show for many days at a time, with almost no days off at all. And of course, this being America (and Canada), most of the venues are pretty far apart.

The beginning of the tour is particularly crazy: their first three shows are in three different timezones, not even in order! I suppose they will still be a bit jetlagged from the UK anyway, but still. There is a three-day gap (one of the biggest of the tour) between the first and second dates, but I certainly hope they aren't planning to driving in the tour bus from eastern Pennsylvania to Denver. I almost feel as though I've used a taboo word by saying "tour bus", as everyone cringes at just the thought of Busgate 2.0.

Anyway, this is definitely the start of a big chapter in the tour, as we watch Americans interact with Deppy in their uniquely American way, loads more people here will see the show or meet them (and hopefully tell us all about it!), and some of us will sulk that in 48 days Deppy will still manage to come nowhere near us.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
sparkle
blobfish

sparkle wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:32 am This post is your daily request from Sparkle (me, serial procrastinator, i'm aware of the irony) for a new dinof video
FINALLY

great trailer, made me so nostalgic for II, wanted to cry a bit. Will put off my daily requests for a dinof video for a while because of how happy it made my heart.

I'm trying to quell that part of me that is having this reaction to the next Dan video that he's semi-hyped for so long:

where in reality THIS...
... is whats going to happen until the end of time

All seriousness the next video PLEASE Daniel, please do something which I genuinely know you're capable of. I'm trying not to go full tinfoil but its hard when Dan is the queen of fucking hinting at videos. Like he's more cryptic than the fucking enigma code.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
fieldoflovers
living flop

I loved dan's latest insta story, its a pretty him joke and kinda dumb but it just made me fond <3
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

sigh. even 30k feet in the air phil can't help but take pictures of dan.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

(Thanks @sonicgreen and @whelpkeeper <3 )

Wow this story is so so cute! i cant! are they in the double seats that there are in some planes?
:gayaf:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I feel this in my soul.
autumnhearth
senpai

Looks like this Virgin Atlantic seating:

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:08 am Looks like this Virgin Atlantic seating:

god, those seats are so Extra
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love them watching the same thing on the same flight just on their own screen. You just know they do it so they can discuss whatever they've watched while they eat or even later once the flight is over.
hello9217
flower crown

I like how whoever runs the queer eye twitter knows that dnp are traveling together
sonicgreen
woodland creature

somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Could these be Phil merch socks?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:02 am Could these be Phil merch socks?
This may be a stretch... but I think these socks were in Dan's IG story earlier this week (far right fabric on the banister). We suggested that the clothes in the BG may have been out for photographing? I've also tried googling for the socks and the only similar ones I could find had corgis with little scarves/handkerchiefs. If this is Phil merch, sign me up.

(from this pic)
...Or they just could have been out because Phil leaves his socks all over the house (most likely). :lol:
knq
lava lamp

Do we not have a Phil’s socks compilation post? This seems like a wasted opportunity!

I feel as if I’ve seen him wear those socks before and Dan described Phil’s merch as floral.

Also, hey, Phil is wearing matching socks. Good for him.

Edit: Actually I was probably remembering his fox socks. Similar colors. Maybe that is the merch and that’s why he’s wearing matching socks!
fieldoflovers
living flop

It'd be really cool if when phil released his socks (if there are multiple designs), he had a "mix and match" option so people could choose a different right and left sock!
anushwa
crusty sponge

it's been so long since i've posted here that i've forgotten how to, but my twitter got suspended and "stan twitter" made me lose faith in humanity and i'm just too tired to deal with that so i deactivated my other account.

am i the only one who feels like dan doesn't care for yt anymore? i mean, i don't think it makes him... happy anymore. Like, i get being a perfectionist and wanting everything to be The Best Quality Ever but... he's always been like that but still got stuff done, and i feel like if it made him happy he'd be more proactive in making more videos.

I really hope it's not his perfectionism/strict order that results in his downfall. I always felt like the integrity he imposed on his channel has always been bad for it (i pretty much :respekt2: phil for the opposite, for doing what HE wants with his videos even though he's actually the one who was so scared of our reaction over a haircut, silly philly) like @flarequake mentioned, i hope he doesn't end up losing interest in his ideas because he waited too long for the "right time" or something.

I've loved dinofs for a long time and i.. don't hate them now either but it's hard for me to be excited or anticipate them when dan himself doesn't seem very... um excited to show us? Then again, he's probably just trying to avoid the hype. I never really did overexcite myself over it and be disappointed tbh. I miss him and i doubt i'd even hate an isg too much. But what i miss most are his skits and opinions. ANYWAY i hope it's just because of the tour thing taking up a lot of his time and creative energy ! that's very much possible, and i get it. i barely have any energy to be creative and i don't even have a World Tour With My Best Friend Themed To Give The People What They Want, which i'm sure is exhausting ! ok ty for listening to me blabber ly bb (BYE BYE ?????? DAMN DAN WHO RAISED YOU????)

STORIES ARE GREAT AND I THINK THAT DNP ARE SO BOUND TO DOING THINGS TOGETHER THAT PHIL DIDN'T DO THIS BEFORE THOUGH HE'D HAVE LOVED THIS FROM THE START ! IDK WHY THEY DO THIS, LIKE, JUST DO STUFF MAN, YOU DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO DO IT TOGETHER, TRY NEW THINGS ! stories aren't the most suited for dan content and that makes sense, meanwhile phil's videos are literally a Compilation Of Stories from his rl and are basically shorter real time versions of his videos! I love it. I'm really sorry i don't know forum etiquette what should've been under spoiler / hidden because it's completely unnecessary. Hope you're having a nice pride month :)
"the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

you're all good! the spoilers are just for regular/repeating tour segment content. you don't have to use spoiler tags for anything else (and we welcome long, un-hidden posts!).

i agree i think phil's content is very suited to instagram stories (though i wouldn't want lessamazingphil uploads to die all together, i bemoan the lack of them), and that they should try more things independently to sit whats fits and what they enjoy.

Queer Eye replying to them makes me smile. we've come a long way, baby.
art in avatar by lily
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Time zones are really gonna make my life more difficult :') I usually edit the compilations at night and render the video in the afternoon, but now that will be the time where they're actually awake and posting stuff. So for the people who watch them, please bear with me during the USA tour. On most days I'm able to just change the time where I edit, but it is less convenient and there might be days where compilations will be a lot later than usual. But we'll see how it goes. :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If they didn't sleep on the plane - and it seems like Phil at least couldn't have gotten much sleep - then they must be jetlagged as fuck. I can understand needing an entire day to just be a wash as they struggle to stay away and then sleep at the right time to get things reset.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

anushwa wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:04 am it's been so long since i've posted here that i've forgotten how to, but my twitter got suspended and "stan twitter" made me lose faith in humanity and i'm just too tired to deal with that so i deactivated my other account.

am i the only one who feels like dan doesn't care for yt anymore? i mean, i don't think it makes him... happy anymore. Like, i get being a perfectionist and wanting everything to be The Best Quality Ever but... he's always been like that but still got stuff done, and i feel like if it made him happy he'd be more proactive in making more videos.

I really hope it's not his perfectionism/strict order that results in his downfall. I always felt like the integrity he imposed on his channel has always been bad for it (i pretty much :respekt2: phil for the opposite, for doing what HE wants with his videos even though he's actually the one who was so scared of our reaction over a haircut, silly philly) like @flarequake mentioned, i hope he doesn't end up losing interest in his ideas because he waited too long for the "right time" or something.

I've loved dinofs for a long time and i.. don't hate them now either but it's hard for me to be excited or anticipate them when dan himself doesn't seem very... um excited to show us? Then again, he's probably just trying to avoid the hype. I never really did overexcite myself over it and be disappointed tbh. I miss him and i doubt i'd even hate an isg too much. But what i miss most are his skits and opinions. ANYWAY i hope it's just because of the tour thing taking up a lot of his time and creative energy ! that's very much possible, and i get it. i barely have any energy to be creative and i don't even have a World Tour With My Best Friend Themed To Give The People What They Want, which i'm sure is exhausting ! ok ty for listening to me blabber ly bb (BYE BYE ?????? DAMN DAN WHO RAISED YOU????)

STORIES ARE GREAT AND I THINK THAT DNP ARE SO BOUND TO DOING THINGS TOGETHER THAT PHIL DIDN'T DO THIS BEFORE THOUGH HE'D HAVE LOVED THIS FROM THE START ! IDK WHY THEY DO THIS, LIKE, JUST DO STUFF MAN, YOU DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO DO IT TOGETHER, TRY NEW THINGS ! stories aren't the most suited for dan content and that makes sense, meanwhile phil's videos are literally a Compilation Of Stories from his rl and are basically shorter real time versions of his videos! I love it. I'm really sorry i don't know forum etiquette what should've been under spoiler / hidden because it's completely unnecessary. Hope you're having a nice pride month :)
I' don't think it's black and white, but I feel you. I think they both in the facts are caring less about their youtube channels. Especially their own channels, and Dan has neglected it more so than Phil. It's hard to say what's at the root. The most straightforward explanation would be the tour (and all other side projects that have at times made their channels suffer) but there's other factors too.

I love Dan's sketches and sharp wit best, but I feel he's run a bit out of ideas. The perfectionism and rather vague 'artistic standards' he holds his video's to certainly doesn't help. But basically I think it's more of a motivation problem. Is he just not that creative as he used to be? Has he just changed to much as person? Is he just tired of the vlogging? I can't look into his head but it sure does feel like he's been struggling to get out content. Or it could be more of rational business choice? In the short term, tours and books and merch must earn a lot more than (dwindling) advertisement revenue.

I think it says a lot we're mostly talking about new merch and sponsored streams as of late. I hope things return to a better place once the tour is over: maybe we'll see what kind of direction they want to go forward once they've counted their money ;)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:35 pm If they didn't sleep on the plane - and it seems like Phil at least couldn't have gotten much sleep - then they must be jetlagged as fuck. I can understand needing an entire day to just be a wash as they struggle to stay away and then sleep at the right time to get things reset.
I think it depends on the person. I find that I can stay awake over to the US East Coast, up to just past midnight EST and as long as I can sleep into about 9-10 the next morning it's all good.

If they're used to being night owls, with maybe slightly wonky sleep schedules (and random naps) then adjusting should be easy.

Either way though, I hope they're relaxing today before the craziness of the tour starts!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

does someone have a link to the socks phil was wearing in his insta story last night? :sherlock:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
obsessivelymoody
emo goose