Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

The Try Guys sketch was tacky, bad humor. The people being made fun of or close to the situation being made fun of are allowed to feel insulted by it, because it was insulting. If you don't fall into the category being mocked or used as someone else's punchline, then it's often easy to laugh at someone else being mocked. That's exactly why some people are saying it's harmful humor. This is a forum for Dan and Phil fans, so if you're looking for what the outside POV of fandom finds funny then this is not the place for that.

If I stood on a stage and made a joke about how all people who don't think Dan and Phil are together lack empathy toward the queerness/are unsupportive and mocking of young girls in a really misogynistic way, you'd probably be mad, right? I"m not saying that now, I'm just saying you wouldn't like it - because generalizing a niche of fan culture based on the most vocal stereotype doesn't make the individual people that fall within that group feel great, even if people looking from the outside in would usually agree that's how that group comes off. Just because a room full of people would laugh at it doesn't make it not mean or petty.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

"This is a forum for Dan and Phil fans, so if you're looking for what the outside POV of fandom finds funny then this is not the place for that".
> I couldn't disagree more with that statement. I'm a Dan and Phil fan, yet we don't seem to hold the same views about this. I think it is good to look at an outside opinion in many things in life, otherwise you risk falling prey to group think. I go here to read up on the latest 'inside' speculation about them, but also to consider perspectives I did not think of myself. Imo that is the basic idea of a 'forum': a place where one meets to exchange thoughts and ideas. It's only logical that opinions will be divided. It would be really strange if everyone agreed.

Everyone is allowed to be insulted about anything, but when I saw the video and read the first couple of comments, I thought I should voice my own opinion too lest everyone lurking or stumbling upon this would think the fandom is some kind of Star Trek borglike hivemind ;)

I get that you don't like the video and think it's 'tacky' or 'bad humor', but what really seems harmful to me is that the fandom at large would shoot in a cramp because a parody sketch portrays some stereotype. Not every criticism of the shipper stereotype is unfair, and not every 'fandom' member falls within the stereotype. I think it's healthy to reflect at times at what the outsider perspective is (doesn't mean you have to agree with it) It's a video from a conference they weren't even at and that we are discussing as 'fans' just because we tend to talk about any content relating to Dan and Phil coming up. I've seen a lot of reactions by fans on twitter, and people saying things like 'I hope they don't see this", as if they know Dan and Phil would find this horrible. I really think part of the fandom in general is quite judgemental. People often write as if they know what Dan and Phil thoughts are and lecture them about what their attitudes (and who their friends) should be. The harshest criticism, that offends me deeply because I feel it's unfair, often comes from the fandom imo. The flag thing, the sandra thing, the attacks at marianne about filming ...are just some recent "drama's" that come to mind. So the outside perspective is not even the most critical imo.
Personally, it's only by some within the fandom (and really only within the fandom...) that I've been stereotyped for having 'the wrong opinion' about things so when you say that the parody lacks empathy or that people who fall within the stereotype might not feel great when they are confronted with how others see their behavior... all I can think is that that is probably a healthy thing because I wouldn't like to see the fandom evolve into a group of people that is easily offended at everything and thinks they are morally superior and above criticism of others.

But we likely see things differently and that's fine :)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pm "This is a forum for Dan and Phil fans, so if you're looking for what the outside POV of fandom finds funny then this is not the place for that".
> I couldn't disagree more with that statement. I'm a Dan and Phil fan, yet we don't seem to hold the same views about this. I think it is good to look at an outside opinion in many things in life, otherwise you risk falling prey to group think. I go here to read up on the latest 'inside' speculation about them, but also to consider perspectives I did not think of myself. Imo that is the basic idea of a 'forum': a place where one meets to exchange thoughts and ideas. It's only logical that opinions will be divided. It would be really strange if everyone agreed.
You seem to be misunderstanding me. The fact that you're going to find inside phandom POVs here does not mean we all have to agree. I stated that this is the place where you will find opinions from within phandom. I didn't state what those opinions were.
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pmEveryone is allowed to be insulted about anything, but when I saw the video and read the first couple of comments, I thought I should voice my own opinion too lest everyone lurking or stumbling upon this would think the fandom is some kind of Star Trek borglike hivemind ;)
Not wanting people to think fandom is some kind of borg hivemind is exactly why people balk at things like the Try Guys sketch. We're not all like that, and even the young excited teenagers are much more multifaceted than a sketch like that portrays them as. If you want to try and fight aginst that on the microcosm of an internet forum, why does it not bother you when it's being broadcast to potential millions?
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pmI get that you don't like the video and think it's 'tacky' or 'bad humor', but what really seems harmful to me is that the fandom at large would shoot in a cramp because a parody sketch portrays some stereotype. Not every criticism of the shipper stereotype is unfair, and not every 'fandom' member falls within the stereotype. I think it's healthy to reflect at times at what the outsider perspective is (doesn't mean you have to agree with it)
We can do that plenty without needing to handhold every youtuber who wants to cash in on Dan and Phil's queerness and their fanbase.
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pmIt's a video from a conference they weren't even at and that we are discussing as 'fans' just because we tend to talk about any content relating to Dan and Phil coming up.
They did it last year, when Dan and Phil were there so I'm not sure how that's relevant.
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pmThe harshest criticism, that offends me deeply because I feel it's unfair, often comes from the fandom imo. The flag thing, the sandra thing, the attacks at marianne about filming ...are just some recent "drama's" that come to mind.
Some of things (Sandra, the Marianne attacks) also bother me. But, miraculously, I am capable of being bothered by behaviors within phandom and behaviors outside of it all at the same time.
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pm So the outside perspective is not even the most critical imo.
Why does something need to be the 'most' for people to be bothered by it? I'm allowed to not like something even if somewhere else in the world, something worse exists.
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pmPersonally, it's only by some within the fandom (and really only within the fandom...) that I've been stereotyped for having 'the wrong opinion' about things so when you say that the parody lacks empathy or that people who fall within the stereotype might not feel great when they are confronted with how others see their behavior... all I can think is that that is probably a healthy thing because I wouldn't like to see the fandom evolve into a group of people that is easily offended at everything and thinks they are morally superior and above criticism of others.
I got nothing for this besides amazement that you think being perceived as having no empathy is a healthy thing. This is definitely why we see things differently consistently. Caring how something makes people feel is not a personality flaw that needs to be corrected or balanced out, imo.

(I'm starting work now so if you respond again I'm not likely to reply - but to be honest this is about the extent of the energy I'm willing to sink into this topic anyway.)
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Don't want to drag this on forever either, so just two short points where I think you misunderstand me.
If we agree opinions within the fandom differ, I'm not sure what you're referring to as "outside point of view" here? Everything that was being said here is by fans and said among fans, so I wouldn't know what else people were looking for.

The last point you make baffles me a bit. I don't say at any point that having no empathy is a healthy thing? But it's not because some take the view that a joke is bad or tacky that all who take a different view are 'lacking empathy'. Making a joke that potentially offends someone does not equal a lack of empathy. We all get offended at different things and having our feelings hurt does not mean somebody else is not caring or emphatic enough. Donald Trump has such a big ego for example, he probably feels hurt at everyone disagreeing or mocking him in the slightest. Does that mean any parody or mocking of him exposes a lack of empathy or caring?
I'm not saying the want the stereotypical fangirl that the try guys are portraying are all Donal Trump, but I'm making the point that someone potentially feeling hurt, which basically can be true in any situation ever, is a terrible criterium to judge the skit by imo. It does not make it objectively 'bad' or 'harmful', and in practice all it does is divide people along their own views by stigmatizing people who don't agree as uncaring.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

KatjaZoe wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 pm The Try Guys uploaded their vidcon performance of a countdown of top internet things and the whole shipping section was about phan. Kinda cringe, sometimes i forget that this is how a lot of people see the phandom
(starts at about 6:50)

Keith's impression of Dan could really use some work idk what that deep voice was supposed to be :lol:
Gosh, this sketch was tacky and a little insulting. I think what bothers me about it is that the group being mocked wasn't DnP, but their young fans. Now, I'm sure we've all encountered a phan account or two on tumblr that was a bit much. Just as I'm sure we've all read a few YouTube comments that made us want to find the kid who wrote the comment, sit them down, and try to convince them to chill out. Essentially we're all members, to some extent, of "the phandom." And I'm sure we can all agree that there are members of this community of ours who can be, as kids are saying these days, a bit extra. It's one thing for those of us within this community to joke about some of our more extreme brethren. It's quite another for these random YouTubers, who know nothing about us, to mock our community as a whole. They know nothing (like Jon Snow) about Dan and Phil or their fans. They just lean heavily on the trope that crazy teenage girls ship these two British dudes. That joke is, first of all, played out and, second of all, not all that funny to begin with.

Aside from this whole insider vs. outsider problem, I also don't love it when men (or society for that matter) mock teenage girls for being passionate about something. So yeah, I was not a fan of this sketch. (It wasn't funny last year either)
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
liola
rankussy

Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm Don't want to drag this on forever either, so just two short points where I think you misunderstand me.
If we agree opinions within the fandom differ, I'm not sure what you're referring to as "outside point of view" here? Everything that was being said here is by fans and said among fans, so I wouldn't know what else people were looking for.

The last point you make baffles me a bit. I don't say at any point that having no empathy is a healthy thing? But it's not because some take the view that a joke is bad or tacky that all who take a different view are 'lacking empathy'. Making a joke that potentially offends someone does not equal a lack of empathy. We all get offended at different things and having our feelings hurt does not mean somebody else is not caring or emphatic enough. Donald Trump has such a big ego for example, he probably feels hurt at everyone disagreeing or mocking him in the slightest. Does that mean any parody or mocking of him exposes a lack of empathy or caring?
I'm not saying the want the stereotypical fangirl that the try guys are portraying are all Donal Trump, but I'm making the point that someone potentially feeling hurt, which basically can be true in any situation ever, is a terrible criterium to judge the skit by imo. It does not make it objectively 'bad' or 'harmful', and in practice all it does is divide people along their own views by stigmatizing people who don't agree as uncaring.
The outside pov is that of the try guys, people who are completely outside of phandom and phandom experience, it isn't meant as unpopular. We're commenting on how THEIR pov is harmful and kinda ignorant as outsiders.

They're playing into the stereotype of "fandom are all made up of crazy teenage girls that we can mock bc they all think two guys are hot so they gotta bang" which is not true? There might of course being the outliner that fall into that description but phandom as a while is a huge different audience. As outsiders the try guys have no knowledge of WHY the majority of the phandom believes dnp are together (which imo is different from the idea of shipping but that's another topic altogether) they don't have inside knowledge of them as people or us as audience and what they see is the crowd noise and that makes the joke they made tacky and ignorant and all in all offensive because even if it was all teenage girls, what makes it okay to mock them?

This is a problem in a lot of fandoms, I'm not even a teenage girl and I'm tired of seeing that everything that can be seen as aimed at young girls/women in general is seen as stupid and easily mocked and if someone is insulted by it they're exaggerating. It's deeply rooted in sexism.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Those guys may know little of Dan and Phil (we're assuming) and I think we all agree that they are portraying a stereotype. One that may come close to the truth for some fans, but one none here I think feels describes ourselves accurately.

I don't think mocking is a fair description. It's a quick 20 sec part in series that 'mocks' about all popular internet trends. However you call it, fundamentally I don't think there's anything bad about it. I do find some aspects of (any) fan/celebrity culture stupid -not that I think people shouldn't enjoy stupid things they like. We all do some of that, and I think it's good we can use humor as a way to make light of other beliefs people hold dear. That this parody is rooted in sexism is a strong claim that I don't agree with. I recognize and agree with the point that there are tendencies in society to treat whatever young girls like as 'dumb' and something to mock but that is no unique experience. Everything I liked as a kid was treated as 'boring' and worthy of mocking too. But more importantly, i see no proof that the sketch was inspired by that sentiment.

Switch perspectives for a second. From 'a non phan' point of view, It feels to me like Dan and Phil are being 'mocked' everyday as their own truth about their relationship is set apart as a joke or a lie. I to could view everyone enjoying the ship as being tacky or insulting to. It's not like any of us can claim to know what's going on between them. We're all outsiders to their supposed relationship.
So i think whether this offends you or not is purely a matter of perspective, and in that context I just like to plead for a less absolute, more relaxed approach on things where not every joke has to be a 'mockery' rooted in some greater evil. Most people who don't follow phil probably think they're a bit naff and shipping them is a bit silly. So what? They may just appreciate things differently and I don't have to feel threatened because they make fun of some caricature of what a Dan and Phil fan is.

Peace, I'm a free house elf now and I'm going to watch some silly trash video's now which I apologetically enjoy ;) Does anyone have any suggestions I like the absolute worst/best ones and i'm a bit of a Danny (no disrespect to Phil :love2: )

sneak peak of the kind of video's that make me live. Don't care if i'm fitting a stereotype here, I need new ones, please :mrgreen:

hello9217
flower crown

I'm sorry but I'm never going to support/defend anyone who does this. DnP get accused of queer baiting all the time and yet others look at this and think this is in anyway funny. And this is what I meant about people taking mlm relationships and using it as a punchline to a joke, when two men kissing is not humorous. Also the caption-just no.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Slightly off-topic, but since no one is replying to me in the YT discussion thread, I'm posting my question here. Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTube Originals? I've got a free trial on YouTube Premium and want to exploit it to the fullest.

(I've obviously already watched TATINOF and TATINOF doc, but recs apart from them are more than welcome.)
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Stakhanov wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:32 pm From 'a non phan' point of view, It feels to me like Dan and Phil are being 'mocked' everyday as their own truth about their relationship is set apart as a joke or a lie. I to could view everyone enjoying the ship as being tacky or insulting to. It's not like any of us can claim to know what's going on between them.
I know for a fact that I, and many others, do not 'ship' Dan and Phil but instead believe they are in a relationship. (And of course we could be wrong. No one knows what in in anyone else's heart. And so forth.)

It will be interesting to see what the current Dan and Phil Survey (everyone should go take it!) will show about both phans' shipping choices and their beliefs about Deppy's relationship.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Stakhanov
haru pillow

A thanks for the link. Props to the people making the Dan and Phil Survey and it's the only thing we've got on that scale, but it can only show biased results since it can never get close to a proportional representation of all segments of the 'phan' part of the audience let alone the audience at large.
It can help gain us some insight in the particular part of the audience that's biased towards responding to online inquiries and who visit those social media that choose to promote the survey though.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm Slightly off-topic, but since no one is replying to me in the YT discussion thread, I'm posting my question here. Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTube Originals? I've got a free trial on YouTube Premium and want to exploit it to the fullest.

(I've obviously already watched TATINOF and TATINOF doc, but recs apart from them are more than welcome.)
I'm deep deep in to Rhett and Link's collective butt so BUDDY SYSTEM! I'll join you over there.
edit: i looked over at the thread (at least I think it's the one you are talking about) and I didn't see any requests for recs?
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:59 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm
Slightly off-topic, but since no one is replying to me in the YT discussion thread, I'm posting my question here. Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTube Originals? I've got a free trial on YouTube Premium and want to exploit it to the fullest.

I'm deep deep in to Rhett and Link's collective butt so BUDDY SYSTEM! I'll join you over there.
edit: i looked over at the thread (at least I think it's the one you are talking about) and I didn't see any requests for recs?
Thanks, I'll try it out! I did ask, but it was an indirect question in the middle of a post. :lol:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm Slightly off-topic, but since no one is replying to me in the YT discussion thread, I'm posting my question here. Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTube Originals? I've got a free trial on YouTube Premium and want to exploit it to the fullest.

I've been wanting to checkout Youth and Consequences, but I already used my free month to watch TATINOF last year. You should see if it's any good.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

:coffee: what is the Mood for today, lads? straight men queerbaiting?
goodbye., goodnight. taking a second 3 hour nap again today.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

wading in...
I find it very hard to believe that the Try Guys don't know exactly what they are doing. A new channel, a new production company, they've left the safety of buzz and worry they'll strike out. So..how the stay relevant, what can they do to get views, to get a convo going, even if it isn't all in their favor, out of the woodwork comes anyone that a) wants to have a go at the phandom b) wants to protect their faves (the try guys/ deppy) c) any publicity is good, and they're on the lips (sorta) of a lot of people.
Last year, their deppy sketch part involved "heart eyes" and a bit more than just glances. If not then, then surely a year later they are a bit more aware of phans and deppy, if not, they must ignore a bunch of their fans comments, since back then the sketch got talked about. And here we are, just where they want us.
I think in ways I was surprised they made it since their own fans are not that different from the phandom. I really don't get the animosity shown towards the phandom, honestly I feel we're an easy and reliable target for anyone that wants attention. Very little criticism is logical, and those that are can be applied to every fandom out there, not to say that it is any less valid being thrown our way.
It's all so child disney star wants to be grownup. Look at me , look at me, look what I can do..ha ha funny, just kidding, smiley face.
why do I always post when I'm in a negative mood. and why do I always end up posting about things I really can't give a flying rats ass about.
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

sorry for the double post but i can't end the day on such a judgmental and arrogant note. I want to share a fab5 video
liola
rankussy

Changing the topic, is it time for a new main channel video? Phil's last video was on June 1st and Dan's last video has turned to dust its been so long. :(

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Something I've discovered is really fun to do is check youtube in the day or two after a show to see the vlogs of people who went. This one totally made me smile:

Elemancy
butt chair

This was such a wall of text on mobile I had to put it under a spoiler. But in reference to the current try guys vidcon sketch discussion:
Stakhanov, I keep getting the impression that even with your call for fair, equanimous discussion, your inability to listen to or pause to consider the perspectives which have been presented here and the reasoning behind them without quickly dismissing them as too sensitive or just as pejorative as the content up for discussion, suggests in turn a lack of perspective on your part. Though it's difficult to make people understand experiences or points of views they have never and are never likely to experience that doesn't invalidate their opinions or make them more touchy or unreasonable when they present an argument like this for why certain subjects have darker, more negative undertones than what you're able to perceive at a glance. Perhaps even what the Try Guys themselves are able to perceive and that's the point- to open a dialogue where we can specify and discuss the more troubling aspects of a piece of content we experienced and the after effects of its impact.

There has been no call here to censor, revile or boycott the Try Guys. The prevailing sentiment I've continually picked up on is instead one of weary incredulity as to why, every time there's a sketch about fandom or Dan and Phil the core issue and easy target time and again becomes the young demographic of teenage girls and mlm where both are negatively parodied to excess. more specifically, many of the comments question why bits like this continually cater to a prevailing standard of negative opinion without trying to understand the nuances of how and why that opinion could be potentially harmful in the way it affects a targeted group and continues to spotlight said group in a manner that only ostracizes them further. (The difference between being in on a joke and being the target of it; playful banter vs. abject malice, however abstractly its portrayed.) Using tomska's videos and humor as a small general example for reference, though I'm not familiar with the full extent of his work, what I've seen from the way Tom plans and produces sketches, he regularly features subjects in an ironic, satirical light that can easily totter on the edge of offensive in some cases, but is most often tempered by his own introspection, reconsideration and expression of empathy in trying to listen to comments that point out different p.o.v's as to why something perpetuates a negative and harmful stereotype and the adverse effects it could have as a result of his participation, albeit unknowingly. These discussions and his own choice to edit for tone doesn't change the content he creates as these aren't calls for blanket censorship, instead it allows him to bring a new perspective to how he approaches ideas, from a different more mindful angle, without choking his preferred method of creative expression, but also without demeaning the identity and voices of those that might have otherwise been cast in a harmful light. The sort which plays on and feeds into long established stereotypes with a historical record of abuse targeting the groups/individuals involved.
(I hope this made sense, I like Tom's work and how he expresses himself, especially in vlogs where he breaks down his thought processes or addresses certain subjects with an effort to understand himself and his environment, but of course that's a personal opinion.)

Again, in this instance particularly, its the difference between pointing out the self aware humor of fandoms' tendencies to feverishly analyze and deconstruct or the mob mentality of 'stan' culture, (and the ways those habits can in turn be as detrimental as they are absurd) and then there's throwing an entire group under the bus by dismissing and diminishing them as a whole. Their identity becomes something which encourages others to fall in line to mock and devalue. That's the underlying point of concern here. Not what the Try Guys did, but how they did it- recycling a low effort joke for easy laughs to the detriment of the young audience and to Dan and Phil themselves as it also devalues their efforts as YouTubers who have done more and signify more than just the throwaway lazy perspective touting the idea of 'those two guys who are only famous because they're shipped by their fans.' When of course there's always been more to it and them than that. It's why the Shane conspiracy video rankled me so much as well, casting them as machiavellian villians playing up a part for views and money, as if they were also in turn playing on the identity of an entire community for their own gain. I think Shane should have known better and the Try Guys should Try Better to update their approach to comedy, but when the punchline is a well established albeit played out joke guaranteed to get attention and laughs I suppose that might be too much to ask.

In a call for allowing the expression of differing perspectives to prevent the crush of a fanatical hivemind complex, then I see no reason why this conversation shouldn't have a place here as it merely implies a request for people to question their motives and the consequences of certain actions as it applies to or affects others. it's a call for a compassionate exchange of ideas and creativity by pointing out the ways certain jokes and comments fall short. Not coddling, not 'torch and pitchforking' creators to silence their voices or for those with differing opinions to silence theirs, but to inform each other of ways we could reconsider a point of view and approach it from a new angle instead, especially where creators with a large scale platform of visibility is concerned, where all the world really is a stage and with all the world watching maybe it might be more wise to approach such diverse audiences with a bit more tact, social awareness and understanding.

(Reading back the opening sentence it sounds like an attack, but I'm not trying to frame it that way. I just believe this is a subject with a lot to unpack, more than just a matter of 'pearl clutching hysterics' over something trivial; with much more nuanced and involved depth behind it, deserving of equal space in conversation)
:dildo:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:17 pm Something I've discovered is really fun to do is check youtube in the day or two after a show to see the vlogs of people who went. This one totally made me smile:

That vlog was so sweet! As someone who also attended the Philly show, I would echo her sentiment about what it felt like to be in that theater, surrounded by other people from "the phandom." In my real life know one person who watches DnP, and she lives in another country. So in my day to day life here in the US, I've never interacted with someone who watches their content. Being in that space, having that collective experience, was such a pleasant contrast to how I normally consume DnP's content. Even if the show had been lousy (it wasn't, btw, I absolutely loved it)I think the trip would have almost been worth it just to experience what it was like to be a part of that crowd.
Elemancy
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:17 pm Something I've discovered is really fun to do is check youtube in the day or two after a show to see the vlogs of people who went. This one totally made me smile:
Seconding this about the making me smile part. It's vlogs like this which show how multifaceted the fandom really is, by showcasing the voices behind the viewers who watch Dan and Phil and reveal them to be much more than what a careless stereotype portrays them as on the surface.

Tatinof was a rush of emotions for me when I attended-self conscious anxiety over my age and the crowds for one, but also this kind of incredible happiness and contentment to be able to share this experience of seeing two people with deep personal significance to me with so many other people who felt similarly. I've had many occasions where I've felt isolated and uncertain about myself and certain situations, but this was an event where the warm buzz of solidarity, happiness and comfort stayed with me long after I caught the train home from the show. Their videos have that effect for me usually, but attending the show with people who were excited to see them amplified that feeling, making it this kind of communal sentiment of appreciation and enjoyment. It was just generally a very lovely experience.
:dildo:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

liola
rankussy

That picture just made me cry inside and mutter "fucking boyfriends" under my breath so thanks. Phil's arm looks like it could be around Dan's shoulders and I hate it

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

dnp r alive
that insta story :( ugh yes....... love it all.
boyfs :love2:
THOSE SHORTS LOOK SO NICE ON PHIL!!! VERY FITTING AND ACTUALLY ABOVE THE KNEE, GET EM OUT FOR THE LADS!!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl