Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

such a good picture. such boyfriend vibes. if this is the content the us tour has to offer i’m here for it.

i always thought phil had the skinnier legs since dans skinny jeans practically drown him in pinof 9 but dan’s legs look really tiny there....
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Mmf :blush: my heart. Look at them looking so good in the sunshine.
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

<3 I love that photo! i hope they are enjoying their time in colorado. It's really beautiful there.
knq
lava lamp

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 pm
The new page needs this. They look. You know. Nice. <3
yeetussy
glabella

I’m mad at how ethereal they are. I mean look at them?? They abandon us for so long (it’s been like less than 24 hours ik lol) and then come back to slap us in the face with this? I feel so well-fed.

Don’t mind me just staring at this picture for the next few years minutes :stan: :stan:
sparkle
blobfish

i'm going to put it bluntly. Phil is so fucking hot. Every time I think he's peaked he gets better.

they have to be together because I refuse to believe any human being could be around someone THAT hot and not want to jump his bones then I'm lost for words.

#PhilTrash :garbage:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
yeetussy
glabella

^ where’s the like buttonnnm
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'm loving the pics and stories we've been getting, and this one is great. :love1:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

ugh that picture gave me all the warm feelings, they look so nice, thanks for the much needed smile it gave my, guys.
(also estes par can mean both 'this duo' and 'this couple' in portuguese so I'm living)

really interesting to read the discussion of the try guys thing, I hope it keeps going after this brief intermission by dnp being cute; I have my opinions, of course, and I'm not joining in this time but I want to point out that while being in the middle of it is not fun I must say that being able to write and read things with a multitude of opinions and sides and well constructed dialogue can only help everyone who comes in contact with it to grow and expand their views and confront their own opinions.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm just...annoyed at how cute they are. Ugh
fieldoflovers
living flop

SquishPhan wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 pm I'm loving the pics and stories we've been getting, and this one is great. :love1:
first of all, phil's legs holy shit, secondly dan tweeting on his main????? he just wants to admire phil on main :love2:
sparkle
blobfish

SquishPhan wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 pm I'm loving the pics and stories we've been getting, and this one is great. :love1:
AS A PHANDOM OUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT IS INSTALLING PHIL TRASH #1 IN PHILS LIFE. TRULY GIVING THE PEOPLE WHAT WE WANT DAN.

my trashcan brain on laptop couldn't see anything but the caption and for a split second i was expecting...

.... sorry not sorry
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

im going to delete their accounts so they can stop making me feel things

the video :/ the soft voice :/ the giggling :/
a romantic duo.
also fully agree with @sparkle phil is just,, unstoppable and Honestly At This Point Im Scared. he keeps evolving. love it.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I’m so gone for Phil Lester, he’s too pretty for his own good.
A very sweet video too.
liola
rankussy

Every new picture or video my train of thoughts is the following:

1. Fuck they're in love
2. Fuck them I hate them
3. Fuck me I love them
4. Fucking hell Phil keeps getting hotter how is this happening

I'm just over here crying over my hopeless crush over Phil Lester don't mind me how is he so beautiful I don't understand???
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
hello9217
flower crown

I think the thing that really killed me in that video was dan's soft voice guiding phil into having the right pose. And then phil is just being a complete awkward dork. Here's my heart you fools.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The pose where Phil throws his arm back onto the rock is good. He looks cute climbing onto it too, shame the video clip had to cut at 15 seconds. But yes, Dan, make a video of Phil climbing into a rock in a park. We’ll be there.
Birdie
blobfish

Opinions on the Try Guys mess, late as always:
I don’t necessarily believe Dan and Phil are together and I still think the Try Guys video was in bad taste (just like when they pulled the same thing last year). Just saying this because of the hot takes two pages back. You don’t have to believe two people are together to disagree with making fun of their relationship and their “crazy fangirls”. It’s just rude, whether they’re together or not, it’s overstepping boundaries that D&P have set. I actually think the video is even tackier because their official relationship status is still out in the open and there is all this backstory. They’re not just some popular ship, people have valid reasons to believe they’re together and that “look at those crazy fans making stuff up, haha” thing is getting old.

I don't really know why I'm writing this but I guess I wanted to say that not necessarily thinking they're a couple doesn't make these "jokes" less tacky, especially considering that D&P are not straight and are therefore affected by the homophobic nature of the jokes this way or that. (And yes, making "It's gay!" the punchline of a joke is homophobic, it's 2018, this is not even a discussion anymore, it's just a fact.)
sugar
eclipse shirt

i’ve been getting insta story notifs really late today...strange

anyway, can anyone tell what the hell dan says before ‘kneel into it or something’?? i’ve listened to it like 40 times and i just can’t tell.
Elemancy
butt chair

sugar wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:50 pm i’ve been getting insta story notifs really late today...strange

anyway, can anyone tell what the hell dan says before ‘kneel into it or something’?? i’ve listened to it like 40 times and i just can’t tell.
I hear "put like an arm on it" (?)

such a beautiful photo of the both of them. Looks like they're having a good time even with the heat. Phil flashing those knees and working that rock.
:dildo:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just want to say how much I enjoyed both of these posts, re: the Try Guys skit. Since they're under spoilers (and one is on the last page) I'll quote them for anyone that might have been skimming and missed them.
Elemancy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:32 pm This was such a wall of text on mobile I had to put it under a spoiler. But in reference to the current try guys vidcon sketch discussion:
Stakhanov, I keep getting the impression that even with your call for fair, equanimous discussion, your inability to listen to or pause to consider the perspectives which have been presented here and the reasoning behind them without quickly dismissing them as too sensitive or just as pejorative as the content up for discussion, suggests in turn a lack of perspective on your part. Though it's difficult to make people understand experiences or points of views they have never and are never likely to experience that doesn't invalidate their opinions or make them more touchy or unreasonable when they present an argument like this for why certain subjects have darker, more negative undertones than what you're able to perceive at a glance. Perhaps even what the Try Guys themselves are able to perceive and that's the point- to open a dialogue where we can specify and discuss the more troubling aspects of a piece of content we experienced and the after effects of its impact.

There has been no call here to censor, revile or boycott the Try Guys. The prevailing sentiment I've continually picked up on is instead one of weary incredulity as to why, every time there's a sketch about fandom or Dan and Phil the core issue and easy target time and again becomes the young demographic of teenage girls and mlm where both are negatively parodied to excess. more specifically, many of the comments question why bits like this continually cater to a prevailing standard of negative opinion without trying to understand the nuances of how and why that opinion could be potentially harmful in the way it affects a targeted group and continues to spotlight said group in a manner that only ostracizes them further. (The difference between being in on a joke and being the target of it; playful banter vs. abject malice, however abstractly its portrayed.) Using tomska's videos and humor as a small general example for reference, though I'm not familiar with the full extent of his work, what I've seen from the way Tom plans and produces sketches, he regularly features subjects in an ironic, satirical light that can easily totter on the edge of offensive in some cases, but is most often tempered by his own introspection, reconsideration and expression of empathy in trying to listen to comments that point out different p.o.v's as to why something perpetuates a negative and harmful stereotype and the adverse effects it could have as a result of his participation, albeit unknowingly. These discussions and his own choice to edit for tone doesn't change the content he creates as these aren't calls for blanket censorship, instead it allows him to bring a new perspective to how he approaches ideas, from a different more mindful angle, without choking his preferred method of creative expression, but also without demeaning the identity and voices of those that might have otherwise been cast in a harmful light. The sort which plays on and feeds into long established stereotypes with a historical record of abuse targeting the groups/individuals involved.
(I hope this made sense, I like Tom's work and how he expresses himself, especially in vlogs where he breaks down his thought processes or addresses certain subjects with an effort to understand himself and his environment, but of course that's a personal opinion.)

Again, in this instance particularly, its the difference between pointing out the self aware humor of fandoms' tendencies to feverishly analyze and deconstruct or the mob mentality of 'stan' culture, (and the ways those habits can in turn be as detrimental as they are absurd) and then there's throwing an entire group under the bus by dismissing and diminishing them as a whole. Their identity becomes something which encourages others to fall in line to mock and devalue. That's the underlying point of concern here. Not what the Try Guys did, but how they did it- recycling a low effort joke for easy laughs to the detriment of the young audience and to Dan and Phil themselves as it also devalues their efforts as YouTubers who have done more and signify more than just the throwaway lazy perspective touting the idea of 'those two guys who are only famous because they're shipped by their fans.' When of course there's always been more to it and them than that. It's why the Shane conspiracy video rankled me so much as well, casting them as machiavellian villians playing up a part for views and money, as if they were also in turn playing on the identity of an entire community for their own gain. I think Shane should have known better and the Try Guys should Try Better to update their approach to comedy, but when the punchline is a well established albeit played out joke guaranteed to get attention and laughs I suppose that might be too much to ask.

In a call for allowing the expression of differing perspectives to prevent the crush of a fanatical hivemind complex, then I see no reason why this conversation shouldn't have a place here as it merely implies a request for people to question their motives and the consequences of certain actions as it applies to or affects others. it's a call for a compassionate exchange of ideas and creativity by pointing out the ways certain jokes and comments fall short. Not coddling, not 'torch and pitchforking' creators to silence their voices or for those with differing opinions to silence theirs, but to inform each other of ways we could reconsider a point of view and approach it from a new angle instead, especially where creators with a large scale platform of visibility is concerned, where all the world really is a stage and with all the world watching maybe it might be more wise to approach such diverse audiences with a bit more tact, social awareness and understanding.

(Reading back the opening sentence it sounds like an attack, but I'm not trying to frame it that way. I just believe this is a subject with a lot to unpack, more than just a matter of 'pearl clutching hysterics' over something trivial; with much more nuanced and involved depth behind it, deserving of equal space in conversation)
Katka wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 pm Opinions on the Try Guys mess, late as always:
I don’t necessarily believe Dan and Phil are together and I still think the Try Guys video was in bad taste (just like when they pulled the same thing last year). Just saying this because of the hot takes two pages back. You don’t have to believe two people are together to disagree with making fun of their relationship and their “crazy fangirls”. It’s just rude, whether they’re together or not, it’s overstepping boundaries that D&P have set. I actually think the video is even tackier because their official relationship status is still out in the open and there is all this backstory. They’re not just some popular ship, people have valid reasons to believe they’re together and that “look at those crazy fans making stuff up, haha” thing is getting old.

I don't really know why I'm writing this but I guess I wanted to say that not necessarily thinking they're a couple doesn't make these "jokes" less tacky, especially considering that D&P are not straight and are therefore affected by the homophobic nature of the jokes this way or that. (And yes, making "It's gay!" the punchline of a joke is homophobic, it's 2018, this is not even a discussion anymore, it's just a fact.)
(You guys don't need to spoiler long posts, btw! I mean it's your call - but long form opinion sharing is totally welcome here.)
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

hello9217 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 pm I think the thing that really killed me in that video was dan's soft voice guiding phil into having the right pose. And then phil is just being a complete awkward dork. Here's my heart you fools.
yes ohmygod
i was watching the vid while walking to the bus stop and i couldnt stop smiling, thank god i didnt trip or something...god, the soft voice is what killed me. i could just imagine dan smiling behind the camera over how much of a dork phil is being. then after the vid, i bet your ass he went over there and physically moved phils limbs for that optimal cool boyfriend pose......jesus, how am i still alive

also i support dan uploading that shit on his main, water me with your love and affection for each other, drown me in it
"you are next to me in my life"
flarequake
not an airport stalker

A fun edit
sparkle
blobfish

i'm going to throw a bit of a curveball....

its past midnight. This is Sparkles (that me, Phil trash af) daily request for an AmazingPhil video - because I want to stare at him longer. No other reason. He's just really fucking hot.

If I ever think I'm a lesbian can someone please just send me a photo of Phil. Heck can someone just send me photos of Phil daily. You'll be my best friend.
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sparkle wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:13 pmIf I ever think I'm a lesbian can someone please just send me a photo of Phil. Heck can someone just send me photos of Phil daily. You'll be my best friend.
I mean... I feel like Dan himself is doing his best to fulfill that need right now. (Plot twist, he's not posting pics of Phil because #proudboyfriendvibes- he really just wants to be Sparkle's best friend!)