Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
JustMarie
drama llama

I JUST ARRIVED FROM THE FT LAUDERDALE SHOW AND OMG I'M CRYING SO BAD IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!
TRAVELING FROM COLOMBIA TO THE US WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT
I didn't had VIP tickets but just seeing them appear there was just so surreal, I still can't believe it. I got to meet a lot of kind people, suddenly I started speaking english like no problem (my english speaking abilities are pretty bad)
- If I can help, the Ft Lauderdale show transcript was about lizards and iguanas and they sang the lizard song from PINOF 6 (we all sang it)
- ONE OF MY ANSWERS APPEARED DURING THE TRUTH BOMBS SECTION!!! (i started screaming a lot oops)
The question was "How will Dan and Phil die?" and my answer was "sitting on their couch until they die" and THEY CHOSE IT FROM THE THREE OPTIONS AND I WAS SCREAMING AAAAAAAAH
- PHIL WAS ON THE WHEEL (a weird occasion)
- From the Wholesome Dan and Devil Phil thing, Phil talked bad about adopting a dog, helping the elderly to cross the road and giving money to charity (what he said "what if it's a charity about evil ants?"). Dan talked good about slow wifi, showing your grandma your browsing history (he said "so grandma and i can read some smut together" (talking about wattpad), and their baking.
- One moment that stand out to me from the dilemmas was: "Dan is stuck on the train railroads, but you need to derivate the train to an orphanage" and Phil decided to save Dan and that was so sweet fuck
- The last II song and Phil's diss track was a moment seriously
- That's kinda all thank you for coming to my ted talk
Top of the page y'all
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

art in avatar by lily
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:16 pm I really like this group pose from today.
this is clever. i want more non-huggy poses please. and more wildlife instastories! those lizards were gorgeous, i didn't know Florida had that sort of stuff just chilling on their streets.
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 am
whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 am (fyi houston II transcript is now up. I don't think it shows as a new post thing since there was already a placeholder post there, so just letting you guys know)
I'm gonna #spon it some by putting in my favorite bit here:
whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49 pmHow was tour bus Mario Kart? Who won?
D: Okay, okay. So this was a thing, right, okay.
P: So we've set up this [?] on the tour bus, but it's on a screen that is facing backwards. So you've got to play while the bus is moving backwards, and it's really confusing because when you go around a corner it's like 4D mario kart.
D: Phil has a very sensitive body, okay. If anything stimulates him, he just projectile vomits. It's true.
P: Yeah.
D: So being on a tour bus, Phil is just looking out the window like [pants] the whole time. So sitting backwards playing a driving game in the dark, I was like, if Phil wins he's just gonna puke on me.
P: I managed to survive four rounds, although I lost every single one of them.
D: Thank you very much! Okay, so like Phil said earlier, he might murder me by the end.
P: I might. We can maybe do some tour bus gaming at some point.
D: Film gaming videos on the bus, okay! [crowd cheers] Who would like to see Dan and Phil murder each other on their gaming channel, because it's coming. [crowd cheers]
i'm not holding my breath at all, but a vlog-gaming-video in the bus lounge could be pretty cool. no idea how they'd film it without a third party though, which always changes the dynamic.

i just want one joint liveshow on a hotel bed like last time and i'll be happy. that one was great.

@JustMarie i'm glad you had a fun night, your enthusiasm is contagious. i'm gonna put your review in the show thread also if that's okay, for archiving! :)
art in avatar by lily
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

JustMarie wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:19 am I JUST ARRIVED FROM THE FT LAUDERDALE SHOW AND OMG I'M CRYING SO BAD IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!
TRAVELING FROM COLOMBIA TO THE US WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT
I didn't had VIP tickets but just seeing them appear there was just so surreal, I still can't believe it. I got to meet a lot of kind people, suddenly I started speaking english like no problem (my english speaking abilities are pretty bad)
- If I can help, the Ft Lauderdale show transcript was about lizards and iguanas and they sang the lizard song from PINOF 6 (we all sang it)
- ONE OF MY ANSWERS APPEARED DURING THE TRUTH BOMBS SECTION!!! (i started screaming a lot oops)
The question was "How will Dan and Phil die?" and my answer was "sitting on their couch until they die" and THEY CHOSE IT FROM THE THREE OPTIONS AND I WAS SCREAMING AAAAAAAAH
- PHIL WAS ON THE WHEEL (a weird occasion)
- From the Wholesome Dan and Devil Phil thing, Phil talked bad about adopting a dog, helping the elderly to cross the road and giving money to charity (what he said "what if it's a charity about evil ants?"). Dan talked good about slow wifi, showing your grandma your browsing history (he said "so grandma and i can read some smut together" (talking about wattpad), and their baking.
- One moment that stand out to me from the dilemmas was: "Dan is stuck on the train railroads, but you need to derivate the train to an orphanage" and Phil decided to save Dan and that was so sweet fuck
- The last II song and Phil's diss track was a moment seriously
- That's kinda all thank you for coming to my ted talk
Top of the page y'all
I love this review!! It sounds like you had so much fun. <3 <3

A funny twitter like from Dan:
And one Phil liked:
Anyone want to take bets on what ig stories we get today? I'm gonna put my money on: 1 food ig, 1 random item zoomed in with the purple haze and music, 1 in which dan and/or phil is featured as a disembodied voice in something the other is showing.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 pm Anyone want to take bets on what ig stories we get today? I'm gonna put my money on: 1 food ig, 1 random item zoomed in with the purple haze and music, 1 in which dan and/or phil is featured as a disembodied voice in something the other is showing.
I bet there'll also be at least one traveling/scenery story, as they don't have a show today
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

hi guys, long time no see ! <3 (ok not actually that long but oh well)
just want to share how more amazed by 2018! phil lester i am every day. it's all small and seemingly meaningless things but with every new selfie, ig story, dirty joke and small touches in gaming vids, we've come to the point where 2016 phil now feels like a bit of a stranger, a completely watered down & filtered version of him, like he only let us see a weak 5% of his real self. and damn. have we been missing out. because i love this phil so much :cry: and i get why he was that way and i mean he has every right to share as little as he wants on the internet but right now he's opening up and i'm LIVING. especially in the last couple of months, he's glowing with confidence,and being more charming and funny than ever and it's so noticeable and great.

tl,dr; just me very elaborately crying over that ig story because he looks good af :roll:
liola
rankussy

I'm gonna steal a page out of @sparkle's book and make a formal request for a AP video. At this point I will accept a USA pancake rating video, as long as it features his quiff. I'm just really craving a Phil video, it's been a month and a half and I didn't realize how much I rely on his upload schedule for Phil fix :( :stan:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So it looks like there's mini golf happening according to the ig stories of some of their team members. Wonder if Dan and Phil tagged along? I'm gonna guess yes, based on Phil's passion for mini golf.
loonyradish
living flop

wait do we share every instagram story in the thread or only the important ones, I'm actually unsure and I'm sorry if this is unnecessary
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

loonyradish wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:30 pm wait do we share every instagram story in the thread or only the important ones, I'm actually unsure and I'm sorry if this is unnecessary
There are no rules! You can totally put every one in here. Especially on slow conversation days, it's kind of nice to have something to bounce off if you want to reply but Dan and Phil haven't done anything.
loonyradish
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:44 pm
loonyradish wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:30 pm wait do we share every instagram story in the thread or only the important ones, I'm actually unsure and I'm sorry if this is unnecessary
There are no rules! You can totally put every one in here. Especially on slow conversation days, it's kind of nice to have something to bounce off if you want to reply but Dan and Phil haven't done anything.

Okay then, thank you!

The way he worded this story made my mind instantly wander to "two guys chillin' in a hot tub", even if the context is different :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yesterday it was lizards, now it's birds... Guys, I think I know what Dan wants to do next. He is leaving his YouTube channel to die to become a nature documentary maker. :o

I know Phil posted about the alligator the day before yesterday as well, but he's probably just looking at the options for what kind he wants in his backyard when he's rich(er). Fuck the koi pond, we're going full private zoo! :thumb:

(hey depz if you're reading plz try rize again soon. i need a laugh.)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sooo really all we got today ig story wise was some scenery? I feel like that's the Dan and Phil version of them just subtly pulling the curtain shut so they could have an actual day of rest and relative privacy. Which, honestly, fair enough. If I had a job that had me working six days a week and each day was in a different city I'd probably want to shut the world out on my day off, too.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Adorable like from Dan... Goes perfectly with this supposed like (though I don’t see it myself)...
knq
lava lamp

Phantasy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:40 am Adorable like from Dan... Goes perfectly with this supposed like (though I don’t see it myself)...
Dan was in a very birdy mood today. I’m a fan. Those birds are freakishly cute.

I saw he’d liked Tyler’s tweet earlier today and noted it seemed rather soppy for Dan (I didn’t know it was a song lyric). I don’t see it in his likes anymore either.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

watsonian wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:40 am
Phantasy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:40 am Adorable like from Dan... Goes perfectly with this supposed like (though I don’t see it myself)...
Dan was in a very birdy mood today. I’m a fan. Those birds are freakishly cute.

I saw he’d liked Tyler’s tweet earlier today and noted it seemed rather soppy for Dan (I didn’t know it was a song lyric). I don’t see it in his likes anymore either.
Dan is at his core one soppy dude and he has always had a liking for Tyler Oakly. It's sweet. Odd that it disappeared from his history, It's not the kind of like you would unlike again imo :shrug:
I found his political joke about the brexiteers in the cabinet exiting the cave pretty funny too.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

hmm, wonder why he unliked it? did he like it "on accident" or "in his sleep" ?
kidding. though it does remind me of his bday tweet to phil last year

:happytears:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Are we sure it's really him or would it look exactly the same if anyone with the name/handle "Daniel Howell" liked Tyler's tweet?
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

that bird story and the tyler tweet and the scenic sunset all together on the same day? pretty sweet. a mood, as the kids say.

also intrigued that the like is now missing...how long was it showing up in his likes, does anyone know? a few minutes or a few hours?
art in avatar by lily
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Stakhanov wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 am Are we sure it's really him or would it look exactly the same if anyone with the name/handle "Daniel Howell" liked Tyler's tweet?
It showed up in my twitter feed because Dan liked it so I'm pretty sure it was really him. Odd that he unliked it again though!
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Ah thanks. Hm yes that's a bit strange. Why do I feel like he followed up with some pm to tyler xD
Secretstanner
truth bomb

citizen_erased wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am
Stakhanov wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 am Are we sure it's really him or would it look exactly the same if anyone with the name/handle "Daniel Howell" liked Tyler's tweet?
It showed up in my twitter feed because Dan liked it so I'm pretty sure it was really him. Odd that he unliked it again though!
It was actually him who liked it. I saw a screenshot and decided to look and it was gone so I assumed that it wasn’t really his account. Later on I refreshed my page and got it show up for me saying Daniel howell liked this. I clicked the name and it send me to his account so he definitely liked it at some point. I don’t know if he unliked it or it’s just not showing up in his likes, because even after it was gone from his likes and I refreshed the page It showed up. He might of unliked it but Twitter was still saying he liked it idk.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

mermaid blood wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:10 am that bird story and the tyler tweet and the scenic sunset all together on the same day? pretty sweet. a mood, as the kids say.

also intrigued that the like is now missing...how long was it showing up in his likes, does anyone know? a few minutes or a few hours?
'pretty sweet' seems to describe Dan in general lately, or at least by all the evidence he's outputting on his social media. I'm so happy that he seems so happy.
starwatersong
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:45 pm
'pretty sweet' seems to describe Dan in general lately, or at least by all the evidence he's outputting on his social media. I'm so happy that he seems so happy.
Even the sunset photos felt like a mood and a half. <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I posted the Orlando transcript last night (and Clearwater will be up in a bit!) but I found this question interesting.
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:08 amHey Phil. I'm in my last year of college - can't ask you about this, sorry Dan. I'm scared to move back in with my parents because I have no job lined up and what if I'm there forever?

D: Oh god, okay. I go home for Christmas and I'm like, get the hell out. Three days and I'm like like, nooo.
P: First of all - college is such a busy, stressful time and you've got so much work, you've got like end of year assignments and projects. So much going on in your head, I don't think you should really be thinking about 'what about the next few months.' You should just focus on finishing it.
D: But it's [??] next week! Ahhh! Yeah.
P: Allow yourself to have a couple of weeks to de-stress, because your brain is going to be so full of everything you won't even be able to think about getting a job. So just let yourself have a mini holiday.
D: But then - that's basically what you did, which is sit around eating cereal for a year, decide to become an artist[?], and then everything works out in the end! But honestly, what you did Phil, was you decided to not stress about you know, getting a job in editing or english language or whatever-
P: No.
D: You decided to just pursue your passion-
P: I did.
D: - which was youtube, and then this happened. That's the moral of the story.
P: So I'd say yeah, do whatever you feel passionate about and I'm sure that you'll make it if you do that.
D: Hopefully your passion isn't cannibalism.
P: Yeah. Hope not.
I'm not sure I can recall Dan ever commenting so clearly on what Phil did after uni - the 'eating cereal for a year' part. It's always been pretty obvious how much Dan leaned on Phil during his uni breakdown but it's funny to think how instrumental Dan might have been in Phil deciding to take a job or not take a job, since Dan was pretty much in Phil's life from the time Phil finished uni. He would have been there through each step as Phil got potential job offers and worked out what it was he really wanted to do.

Or maybe there wasn't much conversation at all, maybe Phil really did just eat cereal and by the time he finished his six month supply of family sized Crunchy Nut youtube had fallen into his lab and he never had to stress over it. Anyway, where's that Phil autobiography?

(I'm also cringing at Phil's advice but I think the fact that I didn't have parents who were in a position to welcome me back in and foot the bill after college makes it seem impractical to me. I think for someone who does have a family able to support them, his advice probably makes a lot of sense and probably does lend toward mental stability more than nonstop panic and stressing.)