Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:52 pm So Rize is not supported on my 2 year old Android. Ok, I guess. Time to emulate it on my computer.
Ok if you manage to can you please drop me a PM on how to? Cause I had the same idea since it doesn't work on my 1 year old Android either 🙄

Nice theory about that being Phil's merch, I can see it! I love they're continuing insta stories even when at home, I had an idea that they would just hide until the liveshow and then again till the start of the American tour.

Now come on Danny, give us a video, I'm begging. It could be a detailed recounted on how dead each leaf on Loki is, I don't care at this point, just post something :(
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

If Dan's video is an ISG i'm unsuscribing.

That's a loe, bring me that content
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i wouldn't mind an isg, tbh. i hope he found my email i sent him a long time ago about my gecko. ain't nothing wrong with him, i just wanted to show him off.
also i wonder if they give their succulents liquid plant food? i give mine some. that reminds me to water it... and adjust it in the pot.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

I really wouldn't care if its an isg but the last one was only three videos ago. Like I know its been 6 months but still.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

liola wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:10 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:52 pm So Rize is not supported on my 2 year old Android. Ok, I guess. Time to emulate it on my computer.
Ok if you manage to can you please drop me a PM on how to? Cause I had the same idea since it doesn't work on my 1 year old Android either 🙄
Can't make it work. Doesn't seem like the Rize team wanted to make an easy-to-use app...

Also interesting to have a look at the google play store reviews; almost all recent reviews are phans complaining.
I really hope someone has a device that works and a capture card (a thingy that you physically connect to your phone that records the screen and doesn't let the phone know about it).
Else I am totally here for a live commentary of whoever can make this shitty app work. I don't mind that D&P are doing spons, but I do mind if they are taking content away from (what seems like) most of us. I hope they don't use that livestream as a video replacement.
fieldoflovers
living flop

The only way I will accept an isg is if he went back and answered questions that people sent in wayyyy back in the day like when the first one happened cause he could have the moral of the video be that the problems that seemed so big to these people back then probably don't matter at all now and he could also make fun of our 2011-12 typing styles/memes,

Or he could wear something other than that white shirt in the video (pls daniel wear that mesh shirt from the insta story, give the people what they want)
dancy
procrastinator

Hm, some people are saying you can screenrecord on Rize with sound, others are saying you can't :shrug: Definitely sucks that it's not available for more Android devices yet and that it's unclear whether it can be recorded or not because I'm assuming D&P won't upload it anywhere themselves. But yeah, I do feel like the app won't be able to handle thousands of people and will just end up crashing or being disastrous otherwise.

The fact that Phil said that they're going to do them every week does excite me though and hopefully the app will improve so it can actually be a somewhat nice experience. Their US tour schedule is pretty packed, so I wonder on what days they'll do them and whether they're going to do any in the tour bus. I'm hoping they'll take other timezones into consideration as well because I can't really afford losing my sleep.

Since Phil has been the only one sponning Rize today (on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter replies), does that mean that he's compensating for Dan or that Dan will upload something today and spon Rize as well? Idk Dan is coming across as a bit too relaxed imo, not really like he's focusing on a video... Then again, if it is an ISG ( :sideeye: ), he might already have filmed and edited it.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

definitely don't want an isg and would love a pride-related video that i'm pretty positive we won't get. but at the same time, just in case, i've been emailing dan about every one of my problems over the last few weeks in hopes that he might see just one of them so....wouldn't really complain about isg either :lol:

also, i do find it hard to believe that they have no one who could've potentially watered the plants. but at the same time i would believe that they're so secretive that they don't have anyone besides themselves that they'd want in their home without them there to monitor what they see and don't see and how they see it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Time to show off my musical theatre nerdiness - the tune Dan's singing about the houseplant looking dead is so like "The farmer and the cowman should be friends" from Oklahoma. It's not quite the same, but it's funny how close it is. He does like a lot of music, maybe he's heard it? I also just spent a hilarious few minutes imagining them in a square dance, jeans tucked into boots, thumbs tucked into their belts. Too cute.

Reference:
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

I was watching Tessa Violet's music video to her new song Crush (a true bop) and I saw that Phil commented "Loved this! 😊" on it. Same Phil.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

You guys, I'm no Phil, but I had a dream that Dan's next video is not an ISG and is gonna be great, so it will. I'm sure of it.

:alcohol:
amberblogslife
squish

I've tried screen capturing the Rize app today whilst figuring out the live stuff with some fellow confused dnp peeps, and it worked perfectly so far! Will try to capture as much as possible (totally depends on my phone overheating) and upload to YouTube! Don't come for me if it flukes tomorrow though, since the app was glitching with about 60 people in the 'room' today.
Constantly in an existential crisis.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

I hope someone records it because I want to see the flop that this app will be,
I downloaded it and I'm stressed out with how horrible it is, I went live by accident and took me legit 5 minutes to figure out how to not be live anymore and for the app to let me go. I've put it with my other games apps because it's a joke.
Really really hope people can save it and upload the ls to youtube because I'm itching to delete the app.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the only problem i have with rize is being banned because i don't have a mobile number, only a phone number from texting app. it's shitty that you need to give that info, what's even more weird is that it shows your face the whole time??
not to be all :tinfoil: , but im gonna be :tinfoil:
this app is sketchy as hell.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
obvsly
#relatable

amberblogslife wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 pm I've tried screen capturing the Rize app today whilst figuring out the live stuff with some fellow confused dnp peeps, and it worked perfectly so far! Will try to capture as much as possible (totally depends on my phone overheating) and upload to YouTube! Don't come for me if it flukes tomorrow though, since the app was glitching with about 60 people in the 'room' today.
I'd be keeping my fingers crossed for you! I really do hope someone could record it. Honestly I don't think I'd even be able to watch the live show to the end (if it's around 45 minutes as usual.) My phone got so overheated the last time I tried to navigate through Rize for only 10 minutes. Seriously the app is a mess.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I wasn’t aware of screen recording before the tour meet and greets, but I’ll see if my phone can handle it too. To capture audio you have to first start the recording and then tap and hold the icon again to bring up the option to turn your microphone on so it can hear the app from your speaker. Edit - never mind, just realised it captures audio on its own :roll:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I am generally not a fan of re-streams but in this case, I really hope there is one. If you can record the app, you should also be able to livestream that screen capture. I just find it unfair that their live content is moved towards an app that is literally inaccessable unless you have a certain phone. I'm not Ltrlly$u$an, let me and my Huawei be!
Last edited by LtrllySusan on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

the more I hear about the rize app the less likely I am to get it. then again my android phone is 2+ years old so apparently I can't even use it even if I wanted to :lol: either way this ordeal sounds like a mess and I'm simultaneously happy and sad that by 8pm british time I'll be either on a station or on a train with no internet connection so I can't see things fall apart in realtime

re: the theory of Dan possibly having a New Boyfriend Who Isn't Phil: wow, if there really is someone then that must be one hell of a patient and loyal person. It's possible to find someone like that, of course, in which case Dan is a ridiculously lucky person to have met both Phil and this potential amazing boyfriend. Please teach me your ways, Dan, because I am a mess with all kinds of relationships and could use some tips on how to find people like that :lol:

anyway I'm gonna join @Sparkle in the daily requests for a new dan video :impatient:
sugar
eclipse shirt

looks like no video from dan, just a rize spon on stories.

dan in a tank top???? i'm living.

and the earring is back!
prayers: answered
dick: out
life: meaningful again
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

No Rize for my Honor 9 either, released literally 11 months ago :shrug: But bless everyone who tries to record it for the common good!

Also heck heck HECK Dan in a tank top... No hetero but I want to die. He is the only guy in this world who makes me question my sexuality. Every time I think I'm over it.... he does something like this. Amazing.
human
dan hand trash

Dreading the live show tomorrow (and I've never said that before lol). That blimin' app. I'll be putting a stick over my camera. Me and @missemma accidentally went live when in bed very late one night in Amsterdam on this tour and I'm not impressed with how ridiculous this app is.

Completely random question but I've been watching some of Jaackmaate's videos again lately, have he and Deppy ever crossed paths at all? I'd be intrigued to see if they have ever recognised him or any of his content.
liola
rankussy

Dan looks really really cute in that heart filter, it makes him look soft and I love the crinkly eyes. Also hello biceps good to see you!

Phil knew Dan wasn't going to post a video he could monetized so forced him to wear a tank top to convince more people to get the rize app ugh his mind!! :rofl: :philtrash:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

human wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 pm Dreading the live show tomorrow (and I've never said that before lol). That blimin' app. I'll be putting a stick over my camera. Me and @missemma accidentally went live when in bed very late one night in Amsterdam on this tour and I'm not impressed with how ridiculous this app is.

Completely random question but I've been watching some of Jaackmaate's videos again lately, have he and Deppy ever crossed paths at all? I'd be intrigued to see if they have ever recognised him or any of his content.
Hey, you guys did a thoroughly enjoyable liveshow in Amsterdam..... but no the app is still absolute shite.

jaackmaate actually went through a brief burst in late 2009 of tweeting Phil a lot, but I don't think Phil ever replied. So either he was a Phil stan from the 2009 era or... he just wanted to try and buddy up to popular youtubers of the time. I also know in a couple liveshows he's been asked about Dan and Phil and basically just stayed really neutral, said he didn't know them and thinks they're nice but not content he'd watch.
lilabet
philussy

What even is their username?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
sugar
eclipse shirt

lilabet wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:54 pm What even is their username?
assuming you mean dnp on the rize app, its DanAndPhil