Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Dan's Instagram Story, 18 June 2018

<3 <3 <3 <3

Moderator note: Updated guidelines for discussing Interactive Introverts

General opinions and discussions of the show belong into the main thread, but please be considerate of other users and use spoiler tags for aspects of the show that will be part of each performance. Generally speaking, photos and other images of the show itself should be under spoiler tags.

This is a discussion forum about Dan and Phil, for free discussion of everything about them (within guidelines), and this includes discussion of the show. Aspects of particular shows, such as a joke or incident specific to that show, do not require spoilers. Please use discretion, and try not to spoil the show itself for anyone who has not seen it! Moderators will apply spoiler tags as necessary if a post accidentally gives too much away.

Full show reviews belong in the Interactive Introverts subforum, where there is a thread for each show. No need for spoiler tags!

Meet & Greet pictures and stories can be posted in the main thread, but cross-posting in the side thread for the particular show is great for archiving!

Please be aware that some things may be "spoiled" in the main thread despite everyone's best efforts.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

fieldoflovers wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:49 am So the most recent Joey Gracceffa video mentions Dan i'm p/sure because he recreated youtuber Instagram photos and had one of Dan's as the thumbnail, so my question has someone watched it? I don't really want to watch the entire video but I'm always curious about how other youtubers talk about dnp

it's at 4:00 if you're interested in watching that part. he says it's a really cute photo a couple times, recreates it, and that's about it.

i'm really surprised that this is the first i'm hearing of this and that i haven't seen anyone talking about it. it's funny because, if we're just basing it on this video which was posted a week ago, his views don't seem to be doing that well. based on the number of subs he has, at least, i'd definitely expect him to be getting more. and seeing as dan is literally half the thumbnail it looks like he was counting on those phandom views so it's ironic that i haven't heard a single person talk about it.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved from previous thread!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

sugar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:10 am
fieldoflovers wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:49 am So the most recent Joey Gracceffa video mentions Dan i'm p/sure because he recreated youtuber Instagram photos and had one of Dan's as the thumbnail, so my question has someone watched it? I don't really want to watch the entire video but I'm always curious about how other youtubers talk about dnp

it's at 4:00 if you're interested in watching that part. he says it's a really cute photo a couple times, recreates it, and that's about it.

i'm really surprised that this is the first i'm hearing of this and that i haven't seen anyone talking about it. it's funny because, if we're just basing it on this video which was posted a week ago, his views don't seem to be doing that well. based on the number of subs he has, at least, i'd definitely expect him to be getting more. and seeing as dan is literally half the thumbnail it looks like he was counting on those phandom views so it's ironic that i haven't heard a single person talk about it.
Dan also liked Joey's tweet about this video when he uploaded it and it seems like that didn't even help it. I did laugh a little when I was looking at the thumbnails for Joey's videos though - the thumbnail for his video about moving with Daniel looked very similar to deppy's
fieldoflovers
living flop

Amiaw wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:17 am
sugar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:10 am

Dan also liked Joey's tweet about this video when he uploaded it and it seems like that didn't even help it. I did laugh a little when I was looking at the thumbnails for Joey's videos though - the thumbnail for his video about moving with Daniel looked very similar to deppy's
Thanks for the timestamp @sugar and I wonder if deppy are bothered by that particular form of youtube clickbait, because i can't imagine it'd be fun to see their faces being used to boost other people's views (esp when their own haven't been super high)
starwatersong
phabergé

I saw the video and wished Joey had looked into more about why Dan was wearing yellow (tshirt; reading the text under it).
human
dan hand trash

Oops I saw the video when it went up but it didn’t even occur to me to mention it as it was so thirsty and desperate for views lol. Sorry pals!

It also annoyed me he didn’t bother to paint his nails for it like Dan did. Lazy attempt.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I saw Joey's video when Dan liked the tweet too lol, not worth my time. But YIKES, those views...
starwatersong wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 am I saw the video and wished Joey had looked into more about why Dan was wearing yellow (tshirt; reading the text under it).
From the 2 minutes I saw, I absolutely agree. Not super hard to mention it was for a mental health charity...
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I watched it when I saw that Dan had liked Joey's tweet about it, but have to agree with @human on that it was a lazy attempt. He'd even photoshopped in the flowers from Dan's picture.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I got my pink D&P hoodie delivered today! I love the color and its super soft, but i really wish they would have used Sarah for a sizing reference again because i went with an XL just to be safe and now that I've tried it on I really wish I would have went with a large because its pretty baggy. Oh well, I guess it'll just have to be an extra cozy loungey hoodie instead.

Also i'm not sure how accurate the "so&sos's spotify" twitter accounts are. But LOL at the shade if this is real
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

KatjaZoe wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:02 am Also i'm not sure how accurate the "so&sos's spotify" twitter accounts are. But LOL at the shade if this is real
Yeah, I mean while I laughed at the tweet, I'm not entirely sure how real/accurate they are considering this was tweeted about Phil's account, which seems kinda of ooc imo. Oh well lol
kavat
pastel persona

The Spotify accounts are definitely fake but they are kind of funny.
sparkle
blobfish

good morning! :sparkle:

You know what this is?
This post is Sparkles daily request for a new dinof video :tenfootpole:

This post also comes with a complimentary essay/waffle!

I'm feeling optimistic about it being today for a few reasons.
1. Rize livestream tomorrow (?) so it would be cool for Dan to direct us all to that to remind us that its TOMORROW - and also give us something to talk about with them
2. its their week off - if Dan doesn't upload something this week i'm going to be shocked
3. whatever he did upload, he has a long enough buffer before the next m&g if it causes any #drama - Phil could upload, theres a livestream, there could be a gaming video
4. he did say 'june video' many, many moons ago.
5. he could've been vlogging all of UK/Europe and upload that into one mega video which would be very different, but very nice

reasons I'm not feeling optimistic
1. its Daniel Howell and he's uploaded 3 videos in 6 months.
2. its very VERY likely to be a tour trailer which is fine (obv) but its a very risky move after THAT much of a gap - it'd make more sense for it to go on Phil's channel
3. he's got a week off so he could be using that to film, rather than uploading today
4. Phil could also direct us towards Rize by uploading today

However, I would like a new video from Dan. I think we'll get a video today though. Maybe Phil?

The OTHER thing that i was thinking of at midnight before I went to bed. Is based on something I briefly skimmed over in the last thread - I'm going to put it in spoilers because of the incoming waffle but I REALLY wanted to discuss Dans sexuality/Dan having a boyfriend/Who might not be Phil/in relation to a video too.
Okay so, first things first i'll eat your brains

Daniel's Sexuality
- AS FAR AS I CAN TELL the general consensus is that Dan has been way, way more open about his sexuality
- evidence being 'trying to live my truth', comments like the thread title, if you actually believe that you can have 'a gay ear' and piercings aren't just piercings he has what is colloquially known to be 'the gay ear' pierced rn, which he didnt have in in Russia
- he's fucking queer m8
- you also dont need to 'come out' because I never did - you never, ever stop coming out once you make the decision to and its bullshit and exhausting - if he's just trying to BE queer without ever saying anything that makes me so happy because coming out is a social norm which STILL validates the idea that being queer is deviant and to NOT do that and just be your queer self freely is actually pretty damn important to me.

Dan Having A Boyfriend
- very likely - realistically the most likely candidate for this is Phil
- if everything Dan says in 'trying to live my truth' is regarded as true - Dan is at least having regular sex with someone, who in the same beat is implied as having a dick - because he never back tracks on the first dick joke, only the second (and I get why - if the entire focus of a very, very good video is on the last comment rather than the authenticity behind it I'd feel like that too)
- Dan wanting to be more open about being queer could be in relation to waiting to say 'I have a boyfriend' without the phandom imploding, in the same way he made comments on mental health before saying he has depression

Who Might not be Phil
- less likely, but still plausible
- we actually know relatively little about their personal lives so its plausible
- it would currently be long-distance UNLESS they are another member of the crew OR
- Dan is having casual sex
- it is possible that none of this gets out to the phandom, because Dan and Phil, while famous, are still not super mainstream famous
- as someone said, its possible he got into a new relationship this year and this has inspired his openness
- my only issue with this is that if he is with someone who isnt Phil, based on the way they've been acting in the last year, if he announces a relationship you can hear the 'SHIPBAITING QUEERBAITING' drama from here. Its very, very risky for Dan and Phil - all the authenticity and trust they are perceived to have would make a very central part of their phandom angry and that is a very big gamble
- and would someone be comfortable with this in relation to the flatmate of their boyfriend? idk
- I genuinely think Dan has a boyfriend though, like that would make A LOT of sense

In Relation to a Video
- theres a vibe i've seen that Dans next video could be one on sexuality - a vibe I dont disagree with, its something that I see as being very Dan right now
- anything he does say, unless he explicitly states otherwise, will lead to assumptions being made on his and Phil's relationship
- can he realistically do this video EXPLICITLY without mentioning Phil - I doubt it.
- he can leave it vague and leave people to draw their own conclusions, which would be interesting. That way, if he's with Phil it's fine, but importantly if he's NOT with Phil it is also fine
- Dan is trying to be more authentic and I feel like this is naturally part of that journey for him - he's not so much having a public Big Gay Crisis as I think having a public identity crisis based on how he is perceived
- to me it feels like a natural progression - and I can't tell if I think that because I think it independently or I think that because of the vibe i've been getting
- I honestly want Dan to do this, but do it well. It would be a tremendous topic for a video, and it would fit in with his current narrative
- I have every faith in him that he wouldnt fuck it up because I remember how it was before the depression video appeared and that was never something that was going to be done badly
- realistically might not appear until autumn/winter time if it was going to appear this year

so yeah. I too get the vibe that Dan is being more open, perhaps because he either has a boyfriend (who doesn't have to be Phil) or because he's building up to a video. I'm just captivated by him rn and very supportive of whatever he chooses to do. I love Dan - PLEASE FUCKING UPLOAD JESUS
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
dancy
procrastinator

Oh yeah, I also watched Joey's video when it was uploaded but I didn't find it worth mentioning either. Regarding his views, they tend to fluctuate. Joey is one of those Youtubers who've been making videos since 2010 and has probably garnered a lot of subscribers who are now inactive and who aren't interested in his content anymore, while still gaining subscribers every day and getting loads of monthly views due to how frequently he uploads. I always find it interesting to see how first/second wave Youtubers are holding up these days.
kavat wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:08 am The Spotify accounts are definitely fake but they are kind of funny.
Poor Phil, he must've been so confused. I'm pretty sure Elijah also started following him because of this :lol:

@sparkle Yup, I've been wondering about this as well (for weeks) but it's kinda difficult to predict what he's going to do. Like, I do think Dan could upload something today so he could promote Rize and briefly discuss his video during the liveshow but I also don't really get the impression that he's been working on anything. I mean, it could be some sort of tour highlights vlog, which I'd love to see but that's the type of video I'd expect more on Phil's channel than Dan's. After GTPWTW, I feel like he'd also want to upload something more "Daniel Howell" and which doesn't feature Phil all too much. Though he might just go for the trailer since that's probably already been edited and good to go... or nothing at all, we'll see.
sparkle
blobfish

dancy wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:30 am
@sparkle Yup, I've been wondering about this as well (for weeks) but it's kinda difficult to predict what he's going to do. Like, I do think Dan could upload something today so he could promote Rize and briefly discuss his video during the liveshow but I also don't really get the impression that he's been working on anything. I mean, it could be some sort of tour highlights vlog, which I'd love to see but that's the type of video I'd expect more on Phil's channel than Dan's. After GTPWTW, I feel like he'd also want to upload something more "Daniel Howell" and which doesn't feature Phil all too much. Though he might just go for the trailer since that's probably already been edited and good to go... or nothing at all, we'll see.
thats what i'm struggling with too. A tour video on Dans channel - with more subs - makes sense. But I cant see him doing two 'tour' videos 'with Phil' next to each other, its not very Dan.

its going to be internet support group isnt it...
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

sparkle wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 am
I s2g if it's ISG, I'm going to curse Dan – and then click on the video as fast as possible because I'm that desperate.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

sparkle wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 am
pleeeaaase, everything BUT internet support group!
:gayaf:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

wow i had completely forgotten that rize livestream was so soon. i remember when they first announced it that people said screen recording was looking like it wasn't going to work. how likely are we thinking it is that if you don't catch it live you'll miss it? usually when they go live its while i'm at work and i would hate not to be able to watch it later on
sparkle wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 am
5. he could've been vlogging all of UK/Europe and upload that into one mega video which would be very different, but very nice
okay i've been making myself try not to build up anticipation for this Dan vid cause tbh who knows when this boy will upload or what it will be. but now that you've suggested this it got in my head and i want it to happen so bad. i know its most likely not going to be this but i would love it
:please:
i'm hoping it won't be isg because he's only uploaded 3 videos since the last one. but also at this rate i wouldn't be surprised.
Okay so, first things first i'll eat your brains

Daniel's Sexuality
- AS FAR AS I CAN TELL the general consensus is that Dan has been way, way more open about his sexuality
- evidence being 'trying to live my truth', comments like the thread title, if you actually believe that you can have 'a gay ear' and piercings aren't just piercings he has what is colloquially known to be 'the gay ear' pierced rn, which he didnt have in in Russia
- he's fucking queer m8
- you also dont need to 'come out' because I never did - you never, ever stop coming out once you make the decision to and its bullshit and exhausting - if he's just trying to BE queer without ever saying anything that makes me so happy because coming out is a social norm which STILL validates the idea that being queer is deviant and to NOT do that and just be your queer self freely is actually pretty damn important to me.

Dan Having A Boyfriend
- very likely - realistically the most likely candidate for this is Phil
- if everything Dan says in 'trying to live my truth' is regarded as true - Dan is at least having regular sex with someone, who in the same beat is implied as having a dick - because he never back tracks on the first dick joke, only the second (and I get why - if the entire focus of a very, very good video is on the last comment rather than the authenticity behind it I'd feel like that too)
- Dan wanting to be more open about being queer could be in relation to waiting to say 'I have a boyfriend' without the phandom imploding, in the same way he made comments on mental health before saying he has depression

Who Might not be Phil
- less likely, but still plausible
- we actually know relatively little about their personal lives so its plausible
- it would currently be long-distance UNLESS they are another member of the crew OR
- Dan is having casual sex
- it is possible that none of this gets out to the phandom, because Dan and Phil, while famous, are still not super mainstream famous
- as someone said, its possible he got into a new relationship this year and this has inspired his openness
- my only issue with this is that if he is with someone who isnt Phil, based on the way they've been acting in the last year, if he announces a relationship you can hear the 'SHIPBAITING QUEERBAITING' drama from here. Its very, very risky for Dan and Phil - all the authenticity and trust they are perceived to have would make a very central part of their phandom angry and that is a very big gamble
- and would someone be comfortable with this in relation to the flatmate of their boyfriend? idk
- I genuinely think Dan has a boyfriend though, like that would make A LOT of sense

In Relation to a Video
- theres a vibe i've seen that Dans next video could be one on sexuality - a vibe I dont disagree with, its something that I see as being very Dan right now
- anything he does say, unless he explicitly states otherwise, will lead to assumptions being made on his and Phil's relationship
- can he realistically do this video EXPLICITLY without mentioning Phil - I doubt it.
- he can leave it vague and leave people to draw their own conclusions, which would be interesting. That way, if he's with Phil it's fine, but importantly if he's NOT with Phil it is also fine
- Dan is trying to be more authentic and I feel like this is naturally part of that journey for him - he's not so much having a public Big Gay Crisis as I think having a public identity crisis based on how he is perceived
- to me it feels like a natural progression - and I can't tell if I think that because I think it independently or I think that because of the vibe i've been getting
- I honestly want Dan to do this, but do it well. It would be a tremendous topic for a video, and it would fit in with his current narrative
- I have every faith in him that he wouldnt fuck it up because I remember how it was before the depression video appeared and that was never something that was going to be done badly
- realistically might not appear until autumn/winter time if it was going to appear this year

so yeah. I too get the vibe that Dan is being more open, perhaps because he either has a boyfriend (who doesn't have to be Phil) or because he's building up to a video. I'm just captivated by him rn and very supportive of whatever he chooses to do. I love Dan - PLEASE FUCKING UPLOAD JESUS
I agree with you that it seems very likely that dan has a bf (whether its phil or someone else). However i also like that you included the possibility of him having casual sex because this actually also seems very possible to me as well. idk with this 2018 dan attitude i can kind of just see him out there living his best hoe life :lol:

Also interesting point about if he makes a coming out video Phil will likely have to be included. Especially if he does it in his typical storytime video format, Phil will have to play a role in that story which is either supportive best friend or secret boyfriend. It would be pretty hard to get around that without being super vague.
(i don't think a coming out video is likely to be his june video though, and i'm not sure if it will ever be a video he actually makes because to me he doesn't seem like one for official coming outs or labels, but who knows)
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I’m at work so I can’t check the videos where they talked about the LS, but does anyone know the time it’s meant to be at?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I'm on team neither of them are ever gonna come out, but if they did announce themselves, a fun way might be 15 seconds of "By the way, we're a couple". "Surprise!" and throw confetti.

Did they say the liveshow is at 8pm? Now that they're home I guess it'll be London time, but I'm guessing people have figured that by now.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@sparkle that was quite a read but i agree wholeheartedly. as for the video, IF it is a "coming out video", then it must be a pretty fucking scary thing to film considering how its such a big elephant in the room, therell be chaos no matter what. if were going to stick with this idea, i think itll be more focused on dan's sexuality rather than "their relationship - whatever it is". sure, they might talk about it but ultimately, i dont think theyd wanna put heavy emphasis on it. im camp "they dont have to officially declare to the world that theyre gay/bi/queer/etc." but at the same time, the fandom is such a big part of their lives that i feel like at the way they are going now, itll be a topic that theyd have to discuss anyhow. as much as i agree with @flarequake , i think a cheeky casual insta story would probably work BUT i have this feeling that its an option but more of a phil idea than a dan idea. i reckon dan likes explaining things, so whether phil is in it or not, hed wanna want to talk more in depth about sexuality himself.

editing this cz id like to add: instead of directly going "this is what were doing now so suck it" without explanation, "this is whats happening right now and heres why" is more diplomatic and they will be more in charge of the narrative rather than be bombarded with questions. they dont have to explain everything right down to the last dirty detail. theres a benefit of them taking charge of the topic, its that they can choose how much to share and what is necessary to keep to themselves.

the video could be anything honestly and id be happy with it, but IF it is going to be about sexuality, then i have faith that theyll do it with grace.
Last edited by lesterchuu on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you are next to me in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

3. he's got a week off so he could be using that to film, rather than uploading today
Good morning :sparkle: thanks of the complimentary essay :love2:

While I would love number 5, I’m thinking number 3, and I’m not sure how or when or where the trailer will fit in.

I am excited for this (probably) mess of a livestream tomorrow. Please please let it be watchable on Tumblr or YouTube or let someone upload it after.

I saw the thumbnail for Joey’s video and thought nope. Disappointing to hear the charity didn’t get a mention.

And yeah those parody Spotify Twitter accounts fooled me for a sec, a couple of days ago, but if you go to them and scroll it’s pretty funny.

Speaking of scrolling, a tiny self promo if I may. At the end of February I started a little side blog project of compiling all of Dan and Phil’s Instagram photos together to tell a more cohesive, complimentary, chronological story, since you don’t get to see what they posted around the same time in the same place. This was before I knew they would be doing stories for tour, but 396 posts later, I’ve finally caught up and am current! I don’t know what to do with myself now.

So if you’re ever bored and just want to scroll back through the months and years, for nostalgia, check out: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/phan-stan-gram

I’m pretty darn proud of it. Even if you follow it already or have seen individual posts in the tags, I encourage you to view it as a whole. A lot of the individual posts are simple, even boring on their own, but when viewed together I think they paint a nice picture/story. I take a lot of pride (too much probably) in getting a good visual flow. (Also I apologize for getting carried away with the Singapore vacation pics :lol: ) Cool, thanks, bye!
Last edited by autumnhearth on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

flarequake wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 am Did they say the liveshow is at 8pm? Now that they're home I guess it'll be London time, but I'm guessing people have figured that by now.
Thanks. Need to make sure I’m in time to see the app crash! :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ooh where are they, what is that on the plate, who are they with, inquiring minds need to know.

Also did we talk about Phil's tweet? If so it was on a different thread so I'm reposting it anyway because I love it.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Phil's IG story looks like some kind of fancy dessert? I hope him and Dan are having a celebratory lunch <3
Raspberries, chocolate shavings, marshmallows, and maybe the thing in the middle is some big ass strawberry on a cake?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It looks like a scoop of strawberry, or raspberry, sorbet on the cake, and maybe the pastel domes are meringues?