Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Katka wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:41 pm
Ablissa wrote:Honestly, those aren't big losses. What's 5000 subscribers when you've got 6 and a half million? I'm more surprised by how little views the tour trailer has gotten. I think they ended up posting it a bit too late.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not really all that informed about stuff like this, but those are his subscriber losses in about two weeks, right? It doesn't seem much now but if he keeps losing about 5000 subscribers every two weeks, that's gonna be noticable sooner or later, I think. There's a downwards trend and while it's not alarming or anything, it might become a problem sooner or later.
Except 2000 of those are because he posted a video it's not the regular drop in subscribers. Overall it's less about subscribers and more about views so we can't tell anything until he posts another proper video or two.

He just liked this post on Instagram and I thought I'd share it as I adore Olly and Years & Years. You should check out the new album.

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
obvsly
#relatable
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:48 pm Speaking of dinof videos - if you could have your ideal video from 2018 Dan, what would you want him to do?
An ideal video from 2018 Dan for me would be one about labels. I mean, not necessarily about sexuality but about labels and how to live with/without one. I'd love it to be in a true dinof form--informative, thought-provoking, and fun.

I'm totally fine with Dan taking his time right now actually. Ironically, out of the two of them, Dan is the 'all or nothing' one. I want him to be completely clear about the video concept and satisfied with the end-product before posting. I just don't want another The Memeing of Life which everyone (Dan included - I think) hates.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:48 pm Speaking of dinof videos - if you could have your ideal video from 2018 Dan, what would you want him to do?
I'd love to see a funny/storytime video that deals with his experiences with finding a therapist. A candle haul would also be fantastic. But I think the video I'd want to see most (which he probably won't make) is a funny/storytime video that deals with sexuality.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

obvsly wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 pm
An ideal video from 2018 Dan for me would be one about labels. I mean, not necessarily about sexuality but about labels and how to live with/without one. I'd love it to be in a true dinof form--informative, thought-provoking, and fun.

I'm totally fine with Dan taking his time right now actually. Ironically, out of the two of them, Dan is the 'all or nothing' one. I want him to be completely clear about the video concept and satisfied with the end-product before posting. I just don't want another The Memeing of Life which everyone (Dan included - I think) hates.
+1 to this
"you are next to me in my life"
amberblogslife
squish

Don't mind me, just coming through with a video request on literally any channel. Dinof, AP with or without plug for rize, gaming channel...

I'm parched for content right now. I could even go as far as to say I feel like a parched houseplant. :lol:

Also, on the topic of Dan's video's: I've always felt like whatever he does, I appreciate it. Even isg, as long as he puts in the effort to make them at least slightly funny and authentic. But his way with words and his talent when it comes to making a heavy situation slightly more bearable, has always made me love his serious content the most.
Constantly in an existential crisis.
Flomy
sofa crease

obvsly wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 pm
I'm with you on this! Wouldn't want a rushed video he's not happy with just for the sake of uploading. So I'm patiently waiting.
In my dreams it's "My dogs pick my make-up"... :mrgreen: but I would be happy with any video he put time and effort in (not a big fan of ISG tho so maybe not that). I definitely wouldn't mind a lighthearted video like Phil's "my viewers pick my outfit" or something like that.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I love that Natalie Tran was Dan's greatest inspiration for starting YouTube and now he's letting his channel die in the same way Nat did. Once a copycat always a copycat huh Dan? Although Nat said on Twitter that she had been filming a video again, so at this point she'll probably upload before Dan does. :lol:

As for what kind of Dan videos I want, I just like him telling fun stories through the RWDAF format or as a Danecdote. That's the content where he shines most for me. I know a lot of people love his 'serious' content, but it always misses the mark for me. But I'm only unsubbing if he ever makes another Reddit level 'thought povoking' piece of crap like the Memeing Of Life. ut it's not really about what videos I want. I mostly just want him to let go of his quality control obsession and quit saying shit like "this is such a -insert month here- video" because it's obviously not making him happy if he keeps focusing on the gaming channel instead. Just admit that you wanna have a fun time on YouTube just like everyone else my dude.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Two fun Dan instagram likes...
Image Image
Also, Phil in ripped jeans? Are they really allowing their fashion sense to even merge a bit?
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 pm Also, Phil in ripped jeans? Are they really allowing their fashion sense to even merge a bit?
Oh lord those are quite ripped, they seem more like huge holes than rips and I totally approve :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil in ripped jeans??!!!

Just when earlier this week I was mourning over the fact that he learned nothing from our fashion advice for his Viewers Pick My Outfit video. He better post an OOTD on Instagram. Or even better, Dan posts some boyfriend appreciation full body shot. Plz boys feed me.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, looking forward to a clearer shot of his knees in the m&g photos. Looking good, probably feeling breezy.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

citizen_erased
truth bomb

I'm so here for Dan very blatantly liking all this queer stuff. Especially Jonathan van Ness! Such an icon. I wonder if Dan (and/or Phil) listens to Jonathan's podcast, it's a really interesting one that goes surprisingly deep at times and that discusses so many different topics. (Can they do a podcast recommendations video or something, please.)

Also yes hi hello Phil's knees. Those jeans look really good on him, and I love seeing this new, confident Phil and his increasingly hotter (imo) way of dressing. :thumb:

Re videos: on one hand, I would really, really love to FINALLY get a proper new video from either of them. But on the other hand, I check their tour schedule every now and then and am absolutely horrified at how packed it is. In the end, I want them to be happy and healthy before anything else, and if that means no new video for a while, well, so be it. I have plenty of other media to tide me over, so it's not like I need them to upload. But I would like to actually see something new every now and then that's not yet another tour-related instastory.

That said, I'd love more videos on therapy/mental health (from either of them, really, though I know that's not Phil's thing at all). I'd be really interested to see how Dan deals with mental health issues while on tour. I also agree with the people here saying topics like labels, sexuality, basically things that go a bit deeper. I'm also a sucker for those viewers-pick-my-outfits type of videos, though I guess that's going to be a bit hard right now. IDK man, just give me anything at all at this point.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Dan please deliver I need a full body shot of Phil <3 <3 <3 For science <3 <3 <3 PLESADESDDESFNSD please
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Here we go
Ablissa
pastel persona

They both look so damn good, ugh. They've both been choosing more flattering styles and today is just woooow. I still want a cute couple selfie or something but these m&g pics are saving me rn <3
obvsly
#relatable

I have always been a Phillie but like.. HOW? How could a quiff change a man's life this much? This is a transformation of Avril Lavigne level. Shane needs to do a conspiracy video on this.

(Actually no. Please don't.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

This pleases me so much. It's such a lovely comparison <3
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Oh my god those ripped jeans! Am i dying? I'm dying.

Who gave them the right to look THAT good.
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 pm
Yeah um I know I said just yesterday that I didn’t care for their bare legs, but Phil’s knees in ripped jeans while kneeling? I’m a convert.

Ohh love that side by side :love1:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i didn't know i could be this gay,,, phil lester with one button undone (must be a good day for him) wearing largely ripped jeans? owning my entire ass? i just woke up from a nap so everything is just Too Much.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan liked this on twitter:
Now I'll just be over in the corner trying to figure out who put that branch in my eye and how to get it out of there.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

*heavy breathing*
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Catallena wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:37 pm He better post an OOTD on Instagram.
rizzo wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:10 am

*heavy breathing*

He really did that :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
pcvaidya
squish

Dear Phil,

We get it. Your new haircut made you realize you are hot as hell. The rest of us are just trying to live. Please leave us alone.

Best,
The World