Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

My actual favorite thing right now is Phil announcing they're doing a Rize livestream this week and then Dan and Phil absolutely burying it in content from all angle. Please, please, be forced to promote a shitty app every day if it means within a span of 30 minutes we get two insta stories, an unrelated tweet in addition to the promo, and a proper ig post. I'll pay the #spon penance for that.
starwatersong
phabergé

At Toronto and Dan just said “Running in the six with my ho” and pointed at Phil. :lol:
sweetlyphan
delia smith

starwatersong wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 am At Toronto and Dan just said “Running in the six with my ho” and pointed at Phil. :lol:
What's even better is those are the wrong lyrics
:prideheart2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

and because it's the best commentary i've seen...
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:22 am and because it's the best commentary i've seen...
Am I wrong tho? No but I miss Charlie. Come back to us Dad Of YouTube :(

I know I already said Dan is simply continuing to be a Natalie copycat with that uploading frequency of his, but Charlie was one his big inspirations as well. I SEE A PATTERN.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp

I haven’t watched all the dnp radio shows so I had one on tonight while I was relaxing and Phil’s random anecdote is that he ate a huge pizza on his birthday and then rolled around on the floor making whale noises afterward.

Dan contributes by making the whale noise.

I love these nerds. I love that whale noises is a thing they do. I love that they’ve identified whale noises as a thing they do and just keep doing it. What even are Dan and Phil?

fucking adorable love whales who gave you the right
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

oof, this makes me miss charlie ); i had no clue he moved to Canada though??? nice.
and @watsonian thank you for sharing that, there are tears flooding my heart now. keeping up inside jokes and married behavior for all of these years??? ugh. why are they like this?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Their photo with Charlie and Emily was the first thing I saw this morning and it’s so sweet. Then I saw Dan’s photo and made a squeaky noise at how endlessly pretty he is. It’s not even 8am and they’ve already melted my heart twice. Bonus cat at the end of the reject collection is too cute, I love him.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Dan is beautiful. Phil is too. They're so BEAUTDFISDLFHSFSDH :happytears:
I love Dan's selfie and I love all the other ones that he posted together. It's so unfair tho, when I try to get a good selfie it's more like: 1 acceptable-but-kinda-bad, 20 pretty bad ones and 30 atrocious ones :D

These two really won the lottery of life, haven't they? Great looks, meeting each other in such an unlikely way and still together (in whatever way you want to think) almost 10 years later, touring the world with a show that's all about them, having made a career out of doing something they love. I'm happy for them and I hope that the future has even more great things for them. <3
liola
rankussy

This is my formal request for a gaming video today. I'm graduating my master tomorrow, I won't be able to watch the live stream and I need something to distract myself tonight and not give in to my anxiety.

Please deppy, save me
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I know not every twitter follow has to mean they're planning on doing something together but also I'd sacrifice a non-vital organ in order to see a Phil and Safiya collab so like idk if anyone out there in the universe is listening: please.
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:56 pm I know not every twitter follow has to mean they're planning on doing something together but also I'd sacrifice a non-vital organ in order to see a Phil and Safiya collab so like idk if anyone out there in the universe is listening: please.
It's either that or he's forming a new pop group with that line up and I'm fine with both tbh

But yeah, a Phil/Saf collab would be amazing and hope they have some time when they reach California.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

kavat wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:56 pm I know not every twitter follow has to mean they're planning on doing something together but also I'd sacrifice a non-vital organ in order to see a Phil and Safiya collab so like idk if anyone out there in the universe is listening: please.
It's either that or he's forming a new pop group with that line up and I'm fine with both tbh

But yeah, a Phil/Saf collab would be amazing and hope they have some time when they reach California.
Are they following SimpleNailogical? That's the major dream while they are in canada, a collab where she paints dan's nails.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The texting video hit a million in two days! Honestly... as much as I hate the main channel droughts I feel like it benefited from the intense anticipation of people knowing he hadn't uploaded in six weeks. Combine that with being a Dan video, and it made for a total hit.

Now the irrational part of me that hated how Phil said he was afraid to change his hair because people would stop watching and then failed to hit a million videos on the first two videos he made with his knew hair can calm down. (Though the emo hair video did hit a million eventually and his deleted videos is around 750k so it will too, it just might take a while.)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm
kavat wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Are they following SimpleNailogical? That's the major dream while they are in canada, a collab where she paints dan's nails.
Agree, but I don't think a nail painting video fits into his ~high concept triangle~.

Honestly, I am a bit annoyed that he hasn't addressed the lack of dinof in 2018. I guess the Living My Truth was a subtle way of saying he doesn't enjoy making videos, but I'd still appreciate to find out if we'll ever get another video (June who?).
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

I just wanna say I loved the new phil video with dan and it was a blessing

That is all
:transheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm Honestly, I am a bit annoyed that he hasn't addressed the lack of dinof in 2018. I guess the Living My Truth was a subtle way of saying he doesn't enjoy making videos, but I'd still appreciate to find out if we'll ever get another video (June who?).
You and I both, tbh.

I don't think Living My Truth was necessarily saying anything about his lack of videos though. I think Dan just struggles with releasing a video he likes and ~the pressure~ that comes with him taking so long. So the result is like... 3.5 videos over the span of 7 months.

The June thing really bothers me though. Mostly because it's almost August and I don't really consider the trailer to be content.

I have this theory that Dan and Phil have essentially restructured their channels to be a loose version of: A Gaming Channel, A Dan&Phil Do Random Shit Channel (AP), and the #Quality Channel (dinof). And when you look at it like that, it might seem reasonable that the "quality" channel will have fewer vids. Layer that with Dan being so particular with just about everything and his name being attached to it and at that point we really are getting 4 videos a year.

I hate it though. I hate my own theory. Because what I'd like is for Dan to just post his own shit and not all of it has to be deep. That way when something deep does come along, we're not overanalyzing it as intently as we do now.

IDK where any of this post went. I feel like I rant about this to anyone who will listen. But basically I agree. I'm annoyed and I wish he'd say something.
ratlad
angel bean

i honestly just want him to create videos without over thinking them to perfection. what means a lot to him? what does he enjoy doing? he could talk about random wikipedia articles he finds at 3am for an entire video. weird shitpost vids could be good to experiment with until he gets back into the "polished" content.
he has the potential to turn something small into a cool fuckin idea, he can make a series on his channel. (remember deep diving with dan and phil? or whatever that video was called)
sometimes motivation doesn't come naturally in passing, it is sometimes a thing you have to explore and try over and over again until it FEELS natural.
i think he may be in the mindset of failure and defeat before he even starts filming.. though that's just my guess, since it's a common thing with depression.
he needs to stop catering to other people, he can't "live his truth" if he doesn't put out content in fear of not impressing everyone.

or i'm just over analysing the feelings of a man that i don't know personally and i'm embarrassing myself by being Fake Deep.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yeah it's really starting to bother me that there's just so little communication from Dan. And I know that communication has always been a problem with stanning D&P in general because they absolutely suck at it. But it's just a bit ridiculous at this point.

I'd say that maybe it'd be good if he updated his audience on what he's working on to at least give some impression that he gives a shit, but my exact problem with him that only very little time in between videos is actually dedicated to making a new video. He might have ~the idea~ running around his head for a few weeks, but in the end his style of video making isn't any different than what it used to be when he uploaded frequently. He still films and edits everything in a span of a few days. I'm not saying he has to work all the time (especially during tour) but in the end, the amount of time he takes between videos isn't very justified? It kinda seems like his creative process right now is coming up with a video idea, deciding that it isn't the right day, month, or year, and drop the idea to think of something else. And that happens like 10 times before he actually makes something. :roll:

It is what it is for now. But I do have a lot of questions. At this point I'm not expecting a video until the US tour is over, maybe late August. But where will Dan go from there? Will he just pretend that nothing happened? That he didn't just disappear for months, only uploading the tour trailer and the tour spon collab? Will he apologize and get real with his audience (especially people who don't follow his every move on social media) as to why he hasn't uploaded a proper main channel video since March 3rd? Will he upload more frequently, or will it just kinda stay like this where he uploads something when it's 'the right time' and disappears again only to be seen on Instastories and DAPG? And what type of content will he make? I hope that Dan makes content he enjoys, but I'm just not sure what that is. I'm not sure he knows either. Considering his 'quality standard' you'd think that's the content he wants to make, but I see little evidence of him actually being happy about it? He seems very satisfied not making any of that and just being silly on DAPG and occasionally AP.

Maybe he'll say something in the upcoming Rize show. If it doesn't crash lmao. :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

I am pleased that Dan is enjoying the tour and working hard. The lack of videos on his channel is not a problem for me. I’d rather is prioritise his metal health and happiness.

Between them D and P have provided entertaining AP video and gaming videos. Daily they make Instagram post, travel between cities and perform a stage show. Its got be be and exhausting experience. It’s clear all the channels are shared and if Dan has nothing urgent to say on his channel I can wait.
Last edited by Sunshine on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

I was going to post this during the last time people were discussing the state of Dan's channel, but I missed the opportunity when the thread moved on. But I knew that this topic always comes back, so... :? I think Tomska's latest vlog is very relevant when we're trying to understand what's happening with Dan, I've always liked to compare them, because despite the obvious differences (Tom makes videos which involves a lot of other people, he runs a production company and is very transparent about his process, his mental health issues are a bit different to Dan's), there are also a lot of similarities (they make comedy videos, they both have been doing youtube for a long time and since they were very young, they both struggle with depression and procrastination, they both watch a lot of shows and play a lot of video games, they have somewhat similar type of humour). So, in his June's vlog , Tom's saying that he's in a relatively good place right now and he's talking about the state of his channels and why he isn't really worried about youtube (from 3m01s), and then, later, about his recent series of silly videos on his side channel that he's calling "Content" (does it remind of you anything?) which makes him enjoy doing youtube again (from 14m25s). Others have already said it on different occasions, but it's just another argument to support the theory that the gaming channel (and AP in some way) is providing this space for Dan, allowing to take off the pressure that he is the one to put on himself, sure, but it doesn't really make it easier to get away from it, does it? It's not really fair, in my opinion, to complain that Dan isn't making videos like he used to. I see a lot of that and I understand the disappointment on a personal level, I really do. But people change, they grow up, their sense of humour changes, too (which is for the best, I might add, considering the amount of problematic jokes in Dan's older videos), and anyway there is no contract between him and his audience, this is the thing about being an author/creator, you have a lot more freedom in deciding when and what you're creating. A lot less stability, though, and no regular paycheck.

For me, I really don't see a problem with Dan's main channel, and I especially don't feel like he has anything to apologize for to his audience in relation to his uploading schedule. He DOES upload videos (with Phil), quite regularly, considering they don't have a super big team helping them, and that still get a lot of views, compared to other old school youtubers. No, it's not some high brow content, but it makes people happy, which is the important thing. And now deppy are on tour with a quite challenging schedule, and they've learned their lesson last time and prepared videos in advance to post. If anything, I'm not very happy with the II content itself and the gap between how it was advertised and what it contains in reality, but it's a whole another discussion and anyway, I acknowledge the work that went into doing it and the fact that it gives people what they want and brings them joy, while I'm in the corner enjoying my instagram stories, the lack of bedroom related drama and the domestic masterpiece that is the texting video (this is the content I've subscribed for!).
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

coffeepenguin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 pm I was going to post this during the last time people were discussing the state of Dan's channel, but I missed the opportunity when the thread moved on. But I knew that this topic always comes back, so... :? I think Tomska's latest vlog is very relevant when we're trying to understand what's happening with Dan, I've always liked to compare them, because despite the obvious differences (Tom makes videos which involves a lot of other people, he runs a production company and is very transparent about his process, his mental health issues are a bit different to Dan's), there are also a lot of similarities (they make comedy videos, they both have been doing youtube for a long time and since they were very young, they both struggle with depression and procrastination, they both watch a lot of shows and play a lot of video games, they have somewhat similar type of humour). So, in his June's vlog , Tom's saying that he's in a relatively good place right now and he's talking about the state of his channels and why he isn't really worried about youtube (from 3m01s), and then, later, about his recent series of silly videos on his side channel that he's calling "Content" (does it remind of you anything?) which makes him enjoy doing youtube again (from 14m25s). Others have already said it on different occasions, but it's just another argument to support the theory that the gaming channel (and AP in some way) is providing this space for Dan, allowing to take off the pressure that he is the one to put on himself, sure, but it doesn't really make it easier to get away from it, does it? It's not really fair, in my opinion, to complain that Dan isn't making videos like he used to. I see a lot of that and I understand the disappointment on a personal level, I really do. But people change, they grow up, their sense of humour changes, too (which is for the best, I might add, considering the amount of problematic jokes in Dan's older videos), and anyway there is no contract between him and his audience, this is the thing about being an author/creator, you have a lot more freedom in deciding when and what you're creating. A lot less stability, though, and no regular paycheck.

For me, I really don't see a problem with Dan's main channel, and I especially don't feel like he has anything to apologize for to his audience in relation to his uploading schedule. He DOES upload videos (with Phil), quite regularly, considering they don't have a super big team helping them, and that still get a lot of views, compared to other old school youtubers. No, it's not some high brow content, but it makes people happy, which is the important thing. And now deppy are on tour with a quite challenging schedule, and they've learned their lesson last time and prepared videos in advance to post. If anything, I'm not very happy with the II content itself and the gap between how it was advertised and what it contains in reality, but it's a whole another discussion and anyway, I acknowledge the work that went into doing it and the fact that it gives people what they want and brings them joy, while I'm in the corner enjoying my instagram stories, the lack of bedroom related drama and the domestic masterpiece that is the texting video (this is the content I've subscribed for!).
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍I wish I could give this post likes!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay Whole Foods shoppers, now is your time to shine. What all did he buy??
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm Okay Whole Foods shoppers, now is your time to shine. What all did he buy??
i don't shop there, we don't even have one in my province, but i think i spotted some boxed water along with a chocolate bar in fancy matte paper packaging.
i wonder if hes going to have something else in his mouth with the chocolate bar tonight
im sorry i'll leave

edit: havin a quick look again and i'm not sure if that's actually deodorant or a chocolate bar. not sure if the other thing was boxed water either. anyway, i dare dan to make a "What I Bought At Whole Foods Haul! *EMOTIONAL*"
video.
Loafer
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm Okay Whole Foods shoppers, now is your time to shine. What all did he buy??
All I recognized was the thayers face toner I buy, plus some sweet potato chips. :lol: