Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Sorry to double post, but this is up now:

Seems I missed the best bit what with the Whole Foods haul and Phil trying the chickpeas, that stuff’s cute.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Yesss, nice, video! I'm gonna to timestamps for sure, once I finish the Toronto transcript!
autumnhearth
senpai

Yay stream vid! Thanks!
Only Phil would put eyes on a Chihuly (okay so PJ and probably a lot of other people would too). This delights me. You have no idea how many times I’ve had to listen to my mother talk about this dude and his art.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I usually like those glass sculptures, but the eyes make it scary. The red’s a bit meaty to be anthropomorphised. Phil looked hella pretty in the liveshow, though.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i want to take a bite out of that sculpture but something is telling me that isn't a good idea
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Speedygonz33
squish

I’m surpRIZEd (sorry had to make that pun)that nobody has talked about the fact that Dan has no contact photo for Phil in his phone like I’m so confused
hello9217
flower crown

Speedygonz33 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 pm I’m surpRIZEd (sorry had to make that pun)that nobody has talked about the fact that Dan has no contact photo for Phil in his phone like I’m so confused
I guess when he got his new phone he never put one in. I thought it was a little weird as well. :shrug:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Pssst. After a death match with YouTube being difficult, the complete liveshow is up on the In Depth Bants channel. This one includes the first 2 minutes and has better sound quality, so it was worth the wait imo. But I'll try to be quicker next time.

All the credit goes to the absolutely wonderful @sonicgreen who captured and edited the video.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Phantasy
woodland creature

Another thing about the moment with the phone... not even a flinch when Phil grabs Dan’s phone and starts scrolling through messages—that takes a special kind of trust and relationship.

And regarding the next dinof, I’m pretty convinced that It’s not a creative rut or even being busy with tour, I just think he’s been stuck on the idea that his next video “the June video”, which lots of people are thinking is going to be “Living My Truth 2: Sexuality”, was going to be his next big move and because he’s committed to it mentally, now he doesn’t want to put out anything else that isn’t his authentic self, so he’s waiting until the timing feels right (which is always a process for him).

Essentially, I think he wants to roll out Dan 3.0—if you consider the rebranding was 2.0, and Living My Truth was 2.5 (since it was sort of an incremental update), but now he’s ready to reveal Dan 3.0: Queer Edition (but only when the planets align).
knq
lava lamp

Thank you @Catallena and @sonicgreen for the excellent sound quality and video. :love1: you are making Rize survivable.

Having had the time to actually watch the LS now: I was reminded of Kenan and Kel when I saw all the orange drinks they bought from Whole Foods. I’m so amused that’s what they were thinking of too!

I didn’t take Phil’s comments about being annoying when he’s on a plane to be anxiety driven necessarily. He said he gets excited, and that he likes doing things together—apparently so they can discuss what the orange juice tastes like. (Oranges, I hope.) I take that as goddamn adorable.

I’m annoyed with how often Dan says ‘I don’t know what you were expecting’ in regards to their texts. We basically got what we were expecting, didn't we? They’ve shared their text messages on twitter and in DAPGO before. What’s your problem Daniel :shrug:

Confused at the large bottled waters on the bedside tables behind them. I assumed those were for friends/crew and the boxed water was for dnp. Have they given up on the whales?
ratlad
angel bean

idk man, i don't find it weird that he doesn't have a contact photo for phil or possibly anyone.. my mom's contact photo is of my cat and my dad's is of a pic of a really fat and gigantic salamander. i cannot be bothered putting actual pictures of anyone on my phone.
but a small part of me bets that Love Eyes Lester has a contact pic of dan that was actually just a (cute) creepshot. hehe.

hmm @Phantasy that makes sense,, like, just by the way he phrases it. but i don't want to have any specific expectations, not that he'd disappoint me. i want him to do whatever he feels most comfortable with, but i just have a problem with him over thinking his content and nitpicking everything he makes. i want him to have fun ):

and yeah, i love their trust, it's like they don't have anything to hide from the other.
loonyradish
living flop

Have to wait until tomorrow to watch the ls, but thank you so much @sonicgreen and @Catallena :stan:
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

hello9217 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 pm
Speedygonz33 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 pm I’m surpRIZEd (sorry had to make that pun)that nobody has talked about the fact that Dan has no contact photo for Phil in his phone like I’m so confused
I guess when he got his new phone he never put one in. I thought it was a little weird as well. :shrug:
i do think it has something to do with changing phones because didn't he have it set to the 'phil day' photo of phil until recently? this one, for reference:

off the top of my head i can't remember when he last showed us phil's contact in his phone so that we would know that but i feel like it was probs in a live show sometime reasonably recently, probably early this year or late last year? anyone remember??

EDIT: oh! it wasn't a live show it was this tweet from dan from june last year!
i mean maybe there was an instance of him showing phil's contact more recently but i do think this is what i was thinking of. so i guess any time in the last year he couldve changed it/deleted it but im still gonna go with the explanation that its cause he changed phones lol
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

That liveshow was immensely pleasing. Bless @sonicgreen and @Catallena!! I’m glad to hear that Phil had a french vanilla when they were in Toronto and their mentions of Harry Styles at the start only makes me want him and Phil to collab more. I still feel for the Montreal people a lot. I’m glad they talked about it more even though that tweet was still pretty shitty. I'm really crossing my fingers for the other tbc dates. The bit where they talk about what it's like to fly with Phil was really interesting and cute, as others have said. I like the idea of Dan decking out his bunk though. I saw someone on the merch team's (I can't remember who) insta story of their bunk looking cute with fairy lights so it's a nice idea. Anyway, before I go on and on, Dan and Phil should have flown with WestJet instead of Air Canada smh.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay I'll be back tomorrow with timestamps for the liveshow but for now, some of today's meet and greet faves:
Phil's smile in the polaroid here is just cute:
bonus:
autumnhearth
senpai

Finally got to watch the whole thing and I found it really cute that Dan referenced this art he liked with the fairy lights and air plants in his bunk :love2:
https://stargazedpml.tumblr.com/post/17 ... il-on-tour
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Another like from Dan which I thought was cute.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Phantasy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 pm Another thing about the moment with the phone... not even a flinch when Phil grabs Dan’s phone and starts scrolling through messages—that takes a special kind of trust and relationship.

And regarding the next dinof, I’m pretty convinced that It’s not a creative rut or even being busy with tour, I just think he’s been stuck on the idea that his next video “the June video”, which lots of people are thinking is going to be “Living My Truth 2: Sexuality”, was going to be his next big move and because he’s committed to it mentally, now he doesn’t want to put out anything else that isn’t his authentic self, so he’s waiting until the timing feels right (which is always a process for him).

Essentially, I think he wants to roll out Dan 3.0—if you consider the rebranding was 2.0, and Living My Truth was 2.5 (since it was sort of an incremental update), but now he’s ready to reveal Dan 3.0: Queer Edition (but only when the planets align).
I don't care if his next video is Dan 3.0, 10x or 0.9 alpha he shuld just upload something already! DINOF really is a dead channel :cry: I would love a video that's more authentic and personal though for me that doesn't have to mean it's about sexuality. I'm unconvinced of the 'they are being more open in 2018' narrative, but some kind of video about the general state of affairs in his life is always possible and I hope that's what's in store. It's an open question what would have motivated it.

I'm so glad I haven't sold my soul for the Ryze app, and that plenty of ppl captured the show. Honestly, how many shitty (lack) of features can one app contain? At least the broadcast made the 20 min mark before crashing this time :sideeye:
I found their broadcast pretty uninspiring tbh (it was like mostly spon about the coming shows) but it was nice to see their faces. They do seem to be in a good mood and they were staying in the same room, in different beds. I thought the way they were seated and then their stuff on their night dressers and the beds gave the whole scene a strangely symmetrical look ?
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lilabet wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:05 am Another like from Dan which I thought was cute.
He's liking queer jokes and tweets about back pain, wow Dan could be more relatable to me at the moment?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Well, I can relate to the back pain, and hand/arm pain from all kinds of computer use. Good thing he's on the exercise now, we’re all meant to move and not sit for more than 20 minutes, then there’s all the standing onstage and in meetups, and being over 6’ must affect them. Good topic for a video, Dan ;)
liola
rankussy

Thank you so much for everyone that recorded the live stream!! I graduated my master degree yesterday so I was out and stressed all day and I was actually sad I was missing out on some content that I knew would make me smile. I see there's been a tiny drama about beds but she doesn't care, I'm off to watch the show now and just wanted to say thank you to the lovely idb people always providing for others 💙

Also derpy and preppy liking the same stuff always makes me chuckle, I just see them showing the phone to each other, it's cute.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean

@liola congratulations!!!! i hope ur feelin better and i hope the liveshow cheers u up a bunch!

them liking the same tweets is always cute lol
dancy
procrastinator

Phantasy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 pm And regarding the next dinof, I’m pretty convinced that It’s not a creative rut or even being busy with tour, I just think he’s been stuck on the idea that his next video “the June video”, which lots of people are thinking is going to be “Living My Truth 2: Sexuality”, was going to be his next big move and because he’s committed to it mentally, now he doesn’t want to put out anything else that isn’t his authentic self, so he’s waiting until the timing feels right (which is always a process for him).
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking now too. Well, I'm not quite convinced yet that Dan will do a video on (his) sexuality but it would make sense if he's so caught up in a particular concept that he doesn't want to film anything else in the meantime. I also experience that sometimes where I feel like I can't do a certain task unless I've completed another one first. His comments during this liveshow and the one from a month ago made it sound as if he won't be uploading until September at the earliest and I've come to terms with that but I don't love how vague he's being about the whole thing and I think that he'd get less questions if he was a bit more candid. If you haven't uploaded a proper video in three months, of course people are gonna wonder what's going on and when the next one will be.

Thanks @sonicgreen and @Catallena for recording and uploading the liveshow! It was great being able to watch and listen to it without it constantly glitching (which is what happened to me yesterday) and it was also interesting to see the comments, which made it rather obvious that Dan stiill tends to make up some of the questions/comments and names. Silly boy...

Glad to addressed the Montreal situation! I also liked the bit where they talked about what flying together is like for them, how Dan thinks Phil needs to own his own confidence and that Phil likes the shared experience. That little insight into their relationship and dynamic is quite interesting, especially because I've often seen people regarding Dan as more clingy, submissive and insecure and Phil as the opposite of that but in reality it seems to be a lot more balanced, which is to be expected. I could really do with a gaming video at this point as it's been almost two weeks since the last one, so I hope they managed to get their suitcase back. I was kinda surprised to hear that they wanna do live shows on Tuesdays AND Thursdays, might have to do with the fact that they're planning on keeping them short or it's what Rize wants them to do. We'll see if it actually happens or not.
amberblogslife
squish

don't mind me, just finding dnp everywhere:

at 4:20 in the video! also it's explicit! it's tomska waddya think

tbh I do agree with him I'm such trash :philtrash:
Constantly in an existential crisis.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I'm not quite sure which way round Tom's saying he'd do things/be done to, tbh :shrug: Someone with a less confused brain please explain ;)