Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

phil is a fashion icon and i owe him all of my money and tears
where did he get that jacket? please someone help, not that i could afford it at all, i just wanna bookmark it in a different tab and cry over it.

top of the page and thirsting over phil. it's what we all deserve.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

When I first saw the jacket I thought it was Dan’s black and white but the plaid just makes it so much more phil, I love it. But yes I agree I still need a selfie.
karma_yeah
philussy

What I'd really love to see are some aesthetic "modeling" photos of the two of them together. Maybe a coffee table book. Between the two of them, I'm sure they have enough great photos (together and individually), that they could throw a book together in a few days without ever writing a word! Just publish it and watch the $$ roll in.

Pretty please Capital Lester - give the people what they want we need :D
What goes around, comes around Image
annabanana
sofa crease

Mini non-spoilery Cincinnati review:

The show was so much fun!!! I don't think I stopped smiling throughout the whole thing. Both of them are so endearing and they genuinely seemed to be having a good time on stage. Just like with most of their videos, I immediately wanted to rewatch it so I'm thanking past me for saving enough money for two shows.

However, the main reason I wanted to make a post was to shout out the approx. 70-year-old usher who killed it on the air drums during the drum breakdown in WTTBP and then continued to sing along to rest of the song. Truly the best part of the night. :lol:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
mamaphan
delia smith

Hello loves I am so sorry It is taking me so long to post about the Chicago show, I have been so busy and I hate to write posts from my phone but for now all I have to say is I had so much fun. I went al by myself and met a super cool person in line and we had fun talking about dan and Phil. They were from Mexico and they were traveling by themselves too and I thought that was really cool.
There was so many people getting merch the line wrapped around the venue it was crazy. But I have to say the energy was somthing else. In a good way. I was getting like goosebumps just from how excited everyone was. Tomorrow I will post more of my thoughts in the ii thread. But just have to say yes I love dan and Phil but it’s you guys the phandom that makes being a Phan so magical. <3
starwatersong
phabergé

Don’t know if it’s true, but it’s cute to imagine either way.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Anyone else think the made up questions are getting more and more obvious?
In the power outage/real talk part of the show, there is usually one question that refers to a recent thing that happened, like a video upload or an insta story or just something that seems like it would have been submitted the night before the show. Considering most people probably filled out that website when it was published, it just seemed strange that there were so many questions about very recent things. And taking into account Dan's tendency to make up both names and questions in his liveshows.

Some examples:
  • I saw you went outside. What did you like best about Moscow?
  • I'm loving your insta stories guys. Did you see any ghosts in the Shining hotel?
  • How is the tour bus, guys? Is Phil feeling travel sick yes?
  • How was tour bus Mario Kart? Who won?
  • Tell us about the video you filmed on the tour bus, lads.
  • When is Phil's new video? Give us a scoop!
  • What the heck were you two doing on instastories at two am stood up on a tour bus?
  • Phil's new video was a lol. I liked the tiny hotel room window. Have you had any other hotel stories?
I'm sorry, I'm not buying those. The most recent one, however, was a bit on the nose. They made up a question about what seems to refer to the intro of the very same show.
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:41 am Minneapolis - 26 July 2018
P: But Dan, where is it on the map of America?
D: At the top somewhere, because it's cold in the winter. Yes! It's true. It's very British weather today. By that I mean it's a bit rainy and sad. Like me on the inside. So I feel like home.
P: It's making us feel at home. Spiritually as well.

[...]

You always complain when it is cold. Try our Minnesota winters, biatch.
I'm not complaining that they are making up questions (in fact I am glad about every question that isn't "I have a crush" or "I am starting primary school tomorrow"), but they seem so obvious? Surprised it hasn't been pointed out yet.
dancy
procrastinator

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 am Anyone else think the made up questions are getting more and more obvious?
In the power outage/real talk part of the show, there is usually one question that refers to a recent thing that happened, like a video upload or an insta story or just something that seems like it would have been submitted the night before the show. Considering most people probably filled out that website when it was published, it just seemed strange that there were so many questions about very recent things. And taking into account Dan's tendency to make up both names and questions in his liveshows.

Some examples:
  • I'm loving your insta stories guys. Did you see any ghosts in the Shining hotel?
  • What the heck were you two doing on instastories at two am stood up on a tour bus?
  • Phil's new video was a lol. I liked the tiny hotel room window. Have you had any other hotel stories?
I'm sorry, I'm not buying those. The most recent one, however, was a bit on the nose. They made up a question about what seems to refer to the intro of the very same show.
D: At the top somewhere, because it's cold in the winter. Yes! It's true. It's very British weather today. By that I mean it's a bit rainy and sad. Like me on the inside. So I feel like home.

[...]

I'm not complaining that they are making up questions (in fact I am glad about every question that isn't "I have a crush" or "I am starting primary school tomorrow"), but they seem so obvious? Surprised it hasn't been pointed out yet.
Oh yeah, you're right! I do know some people fill in the submission form pretty late but I definitely don't believe all of those were real questions. I actually noticed it as well a while ago with the "Tell us about the video you filmed on the tour bus, lads" question because the Insta story in which they told us they had just been filming a video came out only a couple of hours before. Seemed rather suspicious to me but I didn't feel like mentioning it at the time. I'm not surprised or complaining about it either though. Sometimes they just want to give us sneak peeks or discuss something but they disguise it with a made-up question, so it doesn't seem as if they brought it up first. Like when Dan said "How did you enjoy Wholefoods?...asked... Chloe" in a recent live show, no one asked that, he just wanted to show us what they bought there. I don't really mind because it usually means we get to hear something interesting.
obvsly
#relatable

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 am Anyone else think the made up questions are getting more and more obvious?

Some examples:

[...]

I’m glad they made up something recent to talk about! Those “I just started a YouTube channel...” questions are getting repetitive and they can only answer them in a few interesting ways. They tried hard but ...yeah.
ratlad
angel bean

yeah i've always wondered how they got those questions about recent events on such short notice? i'm sure they have better questions to answer than "i'm starting uni!" or "i wanna start doing YouTube!" every night... i want to see more interesting questions, especially if they call it "getting deep".
idk though, maybe they just want to keep it light hearted or not too personal.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obvsly wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:58 am

Some examples:

[...]

I’m glad they made up something recent to talk about! Those “I just started a YouTube channel...” questions are getting repetitive and they can only answer them in a few interesting ways. They tried hard but ...yeah.
I definitely think they make some of those up, and I'm definitely glad they do. As much as I'm sure they get some creative other questions I fully believe that people are submitting the youtube/university/etc ones regularly.

The fact that no one is making any audience member say anything for the Dan's box segment, they could literally give any answer they wanted, and yet 90% of them are one of the same short list of things. Shrek or Nick Jonas fanfic, Dan's old branding, Phil/Phil's soul/shrine to Phil, fursuit, Phil's cereal/snacks - every night. The same people on the front sections are probably the ones who are involved enough and were hyped enough about getting tickets that they did fill out of the survey and if they're that unoriginal with the box segment then I definitely can believe they're that unoriginal about other questions, too. And I think there's logic behind Dan and Phil deciding to regularly answer the questions that were submitted the most times collectively. They're just - boring as fuck.

So if Dan and Phil want to slide one tailored to the city they're at or that involves experience/opinion sharing, two thumbs up from me.
starwatersong
phabergé

Off-topic, but...

PJ getting amusingly sassy about what is probably a frequently asked question:
dancy
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Some examples:

[...]

I definitely think they make some of those up, and I'm definitely glad they do. As much as I'm sure they get some creative other questions I fully believe that people are submitting the youtube/university/etc ones regularly.

The fact that no one is making any audience member say anything for the Dan's box segment, they could literally give any answer they wanted, and yet 90% of them are one of the same short list of things. Shrek or Nick Jonas fanfic, Dan's old branding, Phil/Phil's soul/shrine to Phil, fursuit, Phil's cereal/snacks - every night. The same people on the front sections are probably the ones who are involved enough and were hyped enough about getting tickets that they did fill out of the survey and if they're that unoriginal with the box segment then I definitely can believe they're that unoriginal about other questions, too. And I think there's logic behind Dan and Phil deciding to regularly answer the questions that were submitted the most times collectively. They're just - boring as fuck.

So if Dan and Phil want to slide one tailored to the city they're at or that involves experience/opinion sharing, two thumbs up from me.
To be fair, when it comes to the box segment, people likely don't really expect the ball to land on them and they're kinda forced to say something quickly. Unless they knew about the segment and had already prepared an answer, I can imagine their brain doesn't have enough time to come up with anything witty (especially with so many eyes on them) so they just end up going for an easy, predictable answer, something they've connected to D&P because of how much they've talked about it.

There's several thousand people going to each show and I'm sure there's gotta be more original and interesting submitted questions than the three that usually get discussed. I think they've just picked the Youtube/university questions often because they're easy to answer and they probably assume their "advice" could be applied to multiple people. And I agree with @ratlad that they're trying to keep things lighthearted and not too personal. They're not going to answer stuff like "How do I come out to my parents?", "I think I suffer from depression but I'm too afraid to get help" or "What was it like when you first met?", even though there are probably people who've send in questions like that.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dancy wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:04 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Some examples:

[...]

To be fair, when it comes to the box segment, people likely don't really expect the ball to land on them and they're kinda forced to say something quickly. Unless they knew about the segment and had already prepared an answer, I can imagine their brain doesn't have enough time to come up with anything witty (especially with so many eyes on them) so they just end up going for an easy, predictable answer, something they've connected to D&P because of how much they've talked about it.

There's several thousand people going to each show and I'm sure there's gotta be more original and interesting submitted questions than the three that usually get discussed. I think they've just picked the Youtube/university questions often because they're easy to answer and they probably assume their "advice" could be applied to multiple people. And I agree with @ratlad that they're trying to keep things lighthearted and not too personal. They're not going to answer stuff like "How do I come out to my parents?", "I think I suffer from depression but I'm too afraid to get help" or "What was it like when you first met?", even though there are probably people who've send in questions like that.
I get what you're saying, and I do agree that I totally think there are deeper questions that are getting passed over because they don't want to be too personal/deep. But I also think that it's probably a couple hundred tops that fill the survey out - I don't think most casual fans are dedicated enough or care enough, not to mention all the people that are just going with a friend or parents going with a kid. So I don't think there are really thousands to pick from every night.

I think there's also a chance that at this point people want to submit questions they know Dan and Phil will answer because they know they've got a better chance of their name being read out loud, too. But that wouldn't have been so early on.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I wouldn't be surprised if they do get over a thousand submissions per show, judging from what they get for pinof and the artwork for the Tabinof fanfics. About submitting stuff they're more likely to read out, I wrote all sorts of stuff for the first two shows I saw, then put in something about seagulls to increase my chances and they picked it, so that works, though they changed it from "you can live anywhere you want" to "you get a free house".
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

flarequake wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:44 pm I wouldn't be surprised if they do get over a thousand submissions per show, judging from what they get for pinof and the artwork for the Tabinof fanfics. About submitting stuff they're more likely to read out, I wrote all sorts of stuff for the first two shows I saw, then put in something about seagulls to increase my chances and they picked it, so that works, though they changed it from "you can live anywhere you want" to "you get a free house".
I'm gonna take this out from under the cut since this is about the survey that was posted publicly and isn't a spoiler. I think they'd get thousand submissions if there were perhaps only one show, like pinof and TABINOF were only one event. But I don't think people are submitting for shows besides their own on a regular basis, especially not at this point in the tour.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I didn't mean submitting for shows other than their own, I meant that for a few thousand people at one show, it could be over a thousand.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Okay this is amazing!
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

maelstrom
tol bean

not a comment on the video but those hoodies look so comfy and so good on them
ratlad
angel bean

phil x hamburger
phamburger
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

phil saying he wouldn’t mind sitting on a tree with hamburger... i loved this bit, i love phil
:gayaf:
amberblogslife
squish

"amazing nutcannon" as phil's end bubble, "phil you're incredible", "I wouldn't mind sitting with hamburger in a tree", "you're all snaccs" ...

I've been fed well :stan:

Also them mentioning wrinkles and thus age feels so vulnerable to me. They never seem to talk about their age or stray to far from the brand, I like it.
Constantly in an existential crisis.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

That was so silly, but fun. Of course Phil had sweets :roll: I like the food persona concept in the game, though I can't imagine how many they have to come up with and they seem wasted just fighting. Those are some fancy marshmallows. Ditto them both looking lovely in their pastel hoodies. Also Dan's eyelashes making his eyes looks even softer.
Ribona
crusty sponge

The video was fine, not groundbreaking but alright for a hashtag spon one and I think they looked extremely cute in those hoodies :sunshine:
I also like how immediately after Dan ate something slightly cheesy (and disgusting to be fair) Phil wanted him to brush his teeth ahah