Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

I thought the video was pretty okay for a spon. Nothing super special but it was still enjoyable, and I think Phil definitely rigged the game.

I don't have much to comment on the video about besides the fact that 2018 Phil is seriously thriving. It's honestly insane to see how much his character has changed since even the start of this year with stuff like male attraction mentions (I'm still taken aback in a good way about that hamburger comment...like wow) and generally stepping away from what he built up AmazingPhil to be. I could write an essay about it tbh
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

first of all - i really want that purple hoodie, now i'm extra sad there won't be any us pop up shops

second of all - phil of 2018 openly talking about guys he'd make out with. what? is? this? year?

third of all - that was cute. spon, sure. and it's not like the game was exciting or anything i'll ever play. but the video? still cute. i'm just into whatever videos they wanna make on the tour bus smooshed up in that tiny seat and giggling all over each other.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

philphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphilphil

that's how i feel atm. that little "annihilation" bit was cute... phil may as well just kiss dan's cheek with how far into his bubble he's gotten lately.
dc34
glabella

for a spon it was cute, found the last 4 minutes the most interesting. Though I almost bought the hoodies, but I need to save my money for the tour merch
autumnhearth
senpai

As I told my husband when he walked in just as the video ended: “We just finished watching a ga- well I dunno if it was a gaming video, all I remember is Dan and Phil cuddling in their pink and purple hoodies while Dan commented on sexy anime guys and Phil ate marshmallows”. That’s what you all remember right?

Seriously though, I don’t think that’s an app for me. I still play Love Nikki a bit, but taking food orders plus battling for ingredients sounds too stressful for me. But a pleasure to watch nonetheless. Oh, do you think Dan dismissed the sexy anime girl because she was female or because she was... what was it, spicy carbs? Or was it just because she had failed him in his summoning off?

In kinda related news, after we got my son’s ears pierced today (black studs of course) we went to Hot Topic to get hair dye (blue and black ahh bye bye blond child) and he found a Dan Howell and a Phil Lester pin at the checkout. I think they’ve been mentioned here awhile ago. They also had Phil’s corgi shirt print in a backpack, but I’m sure the guys have enough backpacks. My son opted for a fuzzy Totoro backback over the black sparkle DnP one. Probably a good choice. Ahhh just two more days. I need to make the child some new cat ears.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

the new video was, if not their most enthusiastic content, really cute. especially for a spon for a game I wouldn't play, personally. although I have to admit my favourite part was probably being reminded of how much phil likes pretty boys with abs. (and saying he wouldn't mind sitting in a tree with Hamburger? okay. okay. I'm here for this content.)

but also "amazingnutcannon". thanks I hate it.

(also every time I try to post ibd shows me new posts which is great but I did not expect to see my gifset and had a heart attack)
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
dc34
glabella

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:14 pm In kinda related news, after we got my son’s ears pierced today (black studs of course) we went to Hot Topic to get hair dye (blue and black ahh bye bye blond child) and he found a Dan Howell and a Phil Lester pin at the checkout. I think they’ve been mentioned here awhile ago. They also had Phil’s corgi shirt print in a backpack, but I’m sure the guys have enough backpacks. My son opted for a fuzzy Totoro backback over the black sparkle DnP one. Probably a good choice. Ahhh just two more days. I need to make the child some new cat ears.
Funnily enough I went to Hot Topic on Wednesday, and bought the dan howell and phil lester pins, which I'm planning to wear to my show.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is evil. Phil is thirsty. Phil is rich. Phil is an amazing nut cannon. I really love 2018!Phil.

The video was cute (for a #spon), but definitely not because of the game lol. I think the creators peaked at Love Nikki, which I am still very much addicted to and even spend a little money on sometimes.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp

The buffet discussion was so precious. Phil wants a whole spread of food and Dan wants someone to choose for him because he gets overwhelmed. :love1: That actually fits their dynamic pretty well, as Phil likes setting up what they’ll be doing on the gaming channel or what horrific thing they’ll be eating as a challenge while Dan rolls with it.

It’s cute how most of the time when they discover they have a differing opinion one of them changes his mind to reunite their opinions. When they do disagree on something, like how many stars a film deserves, they’ve clearly talked it through so much that they can and do explain why the other disagrees (Phil gets bored by too much politics in his anime.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Companion to Phil and Hamburger:
Ablissa
pastel persona

That game looks terrible, although the cute anime characters are rather well drawn, but it's strange to combine combat with restaurant building/managing. Oh well, as long as it gives the boys some more money for their forever home fund I'm game :ribena:

I honestly wish they'd just take that bus home with them and film in it forever, they look happy and I obviously enjoy seeing them sit so close together (not that they sit that much more apart when home). I love that they (or Phil) come up with ideas to make these spon videos a little more interesting and although I didn't fully get what the whole marshmallow game was about, I always like them doing these weird little things :lol:

Something I noticed in this video is that they (or just Dan? I'm tired) were not afraid to poke a little fun at the game sometimes. I feel like that stands out from a lot of other youtubers that will only praise something if they're paid to promote it. I like that.

I'll probably dl the app just to give them another download on their link. (Oh wait what, is this a facebook game??)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Cute video, not interested in the game, but I echo everyone's opinion for the "sitting on top of each other and giggling for 20 minutes" content.
Just the thing I needed on a stressful day.
((also really love the not-so-subtle male attraction references, especially from Phil))
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I was curious about the marshmallows and found they’re SmashMallow, which people either love or think smell and taste of petrochemicals. They come in a bag full of each flavour, so Dan might have got to try the un-cheeto’d versions too.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

So i went to the St. Louis show tonight and i just wanted to write a little bit about it for posterity <3
I was a little nervous before going because A. i was afraid it would be kinda cringe and B. i had seen some people say that had like a weird negative feeling in the aftermath of seeing them live (like a disconnect after seeing them irl and then just going back to videos i think?). But my experience tonight was so amazing -- the show was not cringe at all despite being super branding heavy (so many cereal / dead house plant references omg) it was still really funny and had me genuinely cracking up through the whole thing. Also, seeing them in person for the first time was definitely an experience -- like when they first walked out on stage i think my brain broke a little bit actually seeing them in front of me. But luckily i don't feel that disconnect feeling afterwards, honestly if anything i feel more connected to them than ever? It was honestly such an amazing night and i'm so happy i was able to go.

A few things that stood out to me (which may be repeats of things from other shows i'm not sure sorry)

1.Phil saying "oh hellooo there" when shirtless ripped satan came on screen during the simulation segment. Pair that with the Hamburger comment from today's gaming video and yes it would seem Phil definitely feels some type of way about boys with abs :lol:

2. Phil kept reading things wrong all night and Dan kept giving him shit for it. At one point during suggestions for "what would dan and phil call their fragrance" phil read out "shook no. 9" instead of "shook no. 5" and Dan just stopped everything and silently gave him and exasperated look until he realized how he had messed up

3. They confirmed they would be doing spooky week this year, but that they can't confirm they'll do every day ("maybe we'll only make it through the first 3 days then we'll die") but they said the same thing about gamingmas last year and still ended up doing every day so :shrug:

4. When they were explaining the Dan's Secret Box section Phil said to make sure the audience suggestions were "something that would be acceptable to go on the amazingphil channel". Was this a thing before or did they add that in after people kept saying battery operated boyfriends and wank socks?

5. Phil had to say why koalas were bad, which he said would be because he could get chlamydia from holding them and then people would say that he didn't #rubberupfordan (i honestly think he just meant it as a reference but people in the audience definitely reacted to it as a phan innuendo and he looked pretty flustered for a second)
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
DryCereal
koi pond

KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am
5. Phil had to say why koalas were bad, which he said would be because he could get chlamydia from holding them and then people would say that he didn't #rubberupfordan (i honestly think he just meant it as a reference but people in the audience definitely reacted to it as a phan innuendo and he looked pretty flustered for a second)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#spon video with extra cute, plus phil continually chipping away at t'closet yadayada great stuff, but...

BUT!!!:

With the roulette: "everytime we get a super rare or an ultra rare we have to eat one of these marshmallows" suddenly became "dan LOST so he has to eat the vile monster mallow."

I see you Lester. I fcuking see you blatantly BSing your way into eating the three nice ones then calling time on the whole game... Bloody 2nd child syndrome rears it's head once more.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am So i went to the St. Louis show tonight and i just wanted to write a little bit about it for posterity <3
I was a little nervous before going because A. i was afraid it would be kinda cringe and B. i had seen some people say that had like a weird negative feeling in the aftermath of seeing them live (like a disconnect after seeing them irl and then just going back to videos i think?). But my experience tonight was so amazing -- the show was not cringe at all despite being super branding heavy (so many cereal / dead house plant references omg) it was still really funny and had me genuinely cracking up through the whole thing. Also, seeing them in person for the first time was definitely an experience -- like when they first walked out on stage i think my brain broke a little bit actually seeing them in front of me. But luckily i don't feel that disconnect feeling afterwards, honestly if anything i feel more connected to them than ever? It was honestly such an amazing night and i'm so happy i was able to go.

A few things that stood out to me (which may be repeats of things from other shows i'm not sure sorry)

1.Phil saying "oh hellooo there" when shirtless ripped satan came on screen during the simulation segment. Pair that with the Hamburger comment from today's gaming video and yes it would seem Phil definitely feels some type of way about boys with abs :lol:

2. Phil kept reading things wrong all night and Dan kept giving him shit for it. At one point during suggestions for "what would dan and phil call their fragrance" phil read out "shook no. 9" instead of "shook no. 5" and Dan just stopped everything and silently gave him and exasperated look until he realized how he had messed up

3. They confirmed they would be doing spooky week this year, but that they can't confirm they'll do every day ("maybe we'll only make it through the first 3 days then we'll die") but they said the same thing about gamingmas last year and still ended up doing every day so :shrug:

4. When they were explaining the Dan's Secret Box section Phil said to make sure the audience suggestions were "something that would be acceptable to go on the amazingphil channel". Was this a thing before or did they add that in after people kept saying battery operated boyfriends and wank socks?

Ahaha omg that sounds like a fantastic show. That last one especially... I'm cackling, poor Phil.

Also gonna take this one out of the cut since it's not really an II spoiler:
KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am3. They confirmed they would be doing spooky week this year, but that they can't confirm they'll do every day ("maybe we'll only make it through the first 3 days then we'll die") but they said the same thing about gamingmas last year and still ended up doing every day so :shrug:
'I think this tour is the end of everything' people can calm their worries through late October. ;)

I'm like 99% sure we'll still get a regular five day spooky week, they're just terrified of our reaction if something happened and they couldn't do the whole thing. And you know, I really can't blame them.
autumnhearth
senpai

flarequake wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:53 am I was curious about the marshmallows and found they’re SmashMallow, which people either love or think smell and taste of petrochemicals. They come in a bag full of each flavour, so Dan might have got to try the un-cheeto’d versions too.
Good find! I forgot to mention that I noticed that one of the marshmallows already had a noticeable nibble taken out of it when Phil first held up the plate.

@DryCereal totally, the little brat, but it probably wouldn’t have been as funny otherwise. I mean I can see Dan pointing out that Phil’s game worked against him, but I dunno, torturing Dan is just better. I actually don’t believe Phil’s over reacting as much, like when he said that marshmallow smelled horrible when it had been sitting there the whole time.

@KatjaZoe thank you for sharing, it’s very reassuring to hear your feelings during and post show. And that last bit is hilarious. One day more!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Depz never guarantee that they'll keep up with Spooky Week and Gamingmas which is pretty smart of them considering they film most of it as they go which means that if something happens there might not be a video. But they probably still have the intention of doing a full Spooky Week and that's what I'll be expecting. ;ghost;
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
greenergrass
stress mushroom

KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am So i went to the St. Louis show tonight and i just wanted to write a little bit about it for posterity <3

Glad you had fun!

To answer your question from point #4: phil started saying this near the beginning of the shows as far as I can remember. I don't think he said it since the very first show, but after the first "inappropriate" answer (I think it was dildo), he started saying that
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

i'm gonna need answers as to why this is a thing dan has witnessed.

and as is tradition with such interactions on twitter: my GAWD, please collab!

:please:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

rizzo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:57 pm i'm gonna need answers as to why this is a thing dan has witnessed.

and as is tradition with such interactions on twitter: my GAWD, please collab!

:please:
possible explanations:
-phil stole dan's cereal and went into their bathtub to hide and eat it
-phil was literally just naked, bathing in cereal
-dan is just joking, he'll explain himself at ii or in the next live show
-lastly, and most controversial: he was just practicing his food kink
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Phil's worst tweet to date :yuck:
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 pm Phil's worst tweet to date :yuck:
calpis soda??
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

This was the first video that google suggested for fizzy milk, I don't believe it's a coincidence :)

An above average Phil tweet imo. I appreciate a radical conceptussy that doesn't involve sugar, dogs or plants for once.
(though i guess fizzy milk would likely be sweetened hmm...)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly