Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
pepsithrowback
first-time poster

@alittledizzy (and anyone else that may want them) the pink and purple hoodies are up on the shop sites fyi :) no pop up needed
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

kusunoki masashige wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:15 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 pm Phil's worst tweet to date :yuck:
calpis soda??
ive seen people reply this to his tweet but "milkis" is already a thing and....i kinda like it. its a korean brand i think. its not too intense a flavour and its more yogurt-tasting than milk, but it IS still a soda so it has the fizzyness to it. i like it, tho my mom doesnt cz she thinks its weird.

ps. its not that bad

editing to add: now that i think about it, it does sorta taste like calpis but more mild and more fizzy...im not sure how accurate tho since its been a while since i had a calpis. i gotta buy both and compare.
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i've thought about carbonated milk before tbh, it creeps into my mind once in a while and i hate it. dan's cereal tweet + phil's milk tweet.. hmm..
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
scientia
phabergé

Is GMM back from having their summer guest hosts? If not then it would be super fun if D&P did a guest episode. I really enjoyed the one with Saf and Tyler!
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I've been hoping they blow into the GMM den for years now. I have no idea where it is located (LA like most youtube stuff?).

Either they're subtly hinting that they've done something together or Phil was just joking around with the identity mismatch of the poster.
Hoping the first, expecting the second ;-)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

ratlad wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:44 am i've thought about carbonated milk before tbh, it creeps into my mind once in a while and i hate it. dan's cereal tweet + phil's milk tweet.. hmm..
I'm curious, how does the thought of carbonated milk creep into your head once in a while? Did you have traumatic experiences with it? I had never thought about Sinful food combo's like mayonnaise + banana + apple or apple pie + cheddar cheese until Tom Daley made a video of it, and i plan on just burying that evil knowledge deep inside my mind.
Ok, maybe if it was served on his abs.
Fuck, maybe it's going to linger a bit. Must think more of fizzy milk now to reset my taste palate.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

ratlad wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:44 am i've thought about carbonated milk before tbh, it creeps into my mind once in a while and i hate it. dan's cereal tweet + phil's milk tweet.. hmm..
That's either a bubblebath, or one hell of a crackfic! :ribena: :evilcackle:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Stakhanov wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:11 am
I'm curious, how does the thought of carbonated milk creep into your head once in a while? Did you have traumatic experiences with it? I had never thought about Sinful food combo's like mayonnaise + banana + apple or apple pie + cheddar cheese until Tom Daley made a video of it, and i plan on just burying that evil knowledge deep inside my mind.
Fuck, maybe it's going to linger a bit. Must think more of fizzy milk now to reset my taste palate.
no experiences with carbonated milk, but when i imagine it it's almost like i can taste it and it's terrible. a cursed thought.

now i want gmm and dnp to collab, i don't watch gmm as much anymore but we haven't seen dnp collab with anyone in a while!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Little update on the show transcripts: I'm now caught up to every show I have, but neither of the people who had offered to get St. Louis or Milwaukee were actually able to record it in the end so I have neither of those. If you went and recorded either of them, please let me know!

The Cincinnati opening banter was about the bus being hit, if anyone wanted a few more details of that:
D: Phil is really happy to be in Cincinnati, and now... he is gonna spell it.
P: No! I did it wrong once today!
D: Very important moment. Lets just give him total silence.
P: Okay. Here we go. S- no, I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
D: He had you going there for a second.
P: C-i-n-c-i-n-n-a-t-i. [crowd cheers]
D: King of language! This is why Phil has a degree in English, okay.
P: It is.
D: He is not messing around.
P: Just for this moment.
D: Just for this exact moment right now.
P: That was my graduation.
D: Although it's actually a miracle that we're here, because our tour bus got hit by a car in the middle of the night.
P: It did! Not clickbait. We nearly died.
D: Storytime! Bus exploded and I'm dead! Well like, we were asleep and then this other car went around the corner and went like tink into it. I didn't even wake up.
P: It wasn't a tink it was more like a - boof.
D: It was like a boof. It wasn't like a crash, it was somewhere between a tink and a crash. A boof.
P: It knocked over a coffee mug in the kitchen.
D: So, high drama.
P: High drama.
D: Life or death situation. Honestly, it's a miracle that we're even here right now, so lets all be thankful okay.
And one other bit of the show involved talking about bus life too.

I don't get how the bus works. Are there seatbelts? What if there's a sudden break?
D: Good day to ask that, are you kidding me! Okay. And the answer is: no, there's no seatbelts.
P: Honestly it's so - it's so scary.
D: It's so dangerous.
P: You'll just be making a bowl of cereal and they break and you just go flying across the room.
D: [breaking sound effect]
P: It's like being on a ship. It's so strange. You can just like, walk into the bunk like am I gonna die, am I gonna die-
D: You've got to get your bus legs otherwise you'll just be projectile vomiting everywhere.
P: Do you want to know about weird phenomena?
D: Oh yeah go on Phil, tell everybody about your weird bus phenomena.
P: Okay! Now we've been - this has been a [fumbling phrasing, implying they've been on the bus a while] bussing every night. I've started to get dizzy when I'm not on the bus because my brain is used to moving.
D: Bus lag!
P: Bus lag. If we stop like this, I feel a bit dizzy-
D: I was like, you stop and for a moment you feel like you're just going [humming noise].
P: Yeah-
D: I can- when the bus parks and turns off because I'm used to being violently thrown around. If I can get hit by a frickin' car and sleep through it, our bodies are broken now.
P: They are.
D: I will go home and just lie down and it'll be perfect and I'll need someone to just stand by me and violently shake me. So we have literally ruined our peace of minds just to come see you.
P: It's worth it to see you guys!
D: Until Phil inevitably pukes on me one day and then it won't be worth it.
liola
rankussy

@alittledizzy Speaking of, I've seen this mentioned but it's not in the transcript so wanted to ask you if it's true or not
apparently this happened at the Cincinnati show ? If so it sounds...like they're really pushing the boundaries lately?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
mm_sunny1993
spork

liola wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm @alittledizzy Speaking of, I've seen this mentioned but it's not in the transcript so wanted to ask you if it's true or not
apparently this happened at the Cincinnati show ? If so it sounds...like they're really pushing the boundaries lately?
don't want to link it, also not sure if i would find it again but i definitely saw a video of that, so it is true! he said something along the lines of "why are you all screaming i hit him only on the belt....on him not in him just how we like it."
liola
rankussy

mm_sunny1993 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:07 pm
liola wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm @alittledizzy Speaking of, I've seen this mentioned but it's not in the transcript so wanted to ask you if it's true or not
don't want to link it, also not sure if i would find it again but i definitely saw a video of that, so it is true! he said something along the lines of "why are you all screaming i hit him only on the belt....on him not in him just how we like it."
even with the added context I have no idea how the hell he managed to spin a sentence like that and make it so innuendo-y?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Elemancy
butt chair

ratlad wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:42 am
Stakhanov wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:11 am
no experiences with carbonated milk, but when i imagine it it's almost like i can taste it and it's terrible. a cursed thought.

now i want gmm and dnp to collab, i don't watch gmm as much anymore but we haven't seen dnp collab with anyone in a while!
I was thinking about this earlier, but wouldn't fizzy milk also technically be considered what I've heard referred to as an egg cream soda? Or an ice cream float?
(I don't know why it's called egg cream btw?? It's just milk and carbonated water or a soda like coke mixed with chocolate or ice cream or both. It's pretty good in my experience. So if fizzy milk is anything like that I'm on board with Phil.)
:dildo:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

pepsithrowback wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:37 am @alittledizzy (and anyone else that may want them) the pink and purple hoodies are up on the shop sites fyi :) no pop up needed
Oh cool! I don't know how I didn't know that?? You can tell I haven't had the budget for merch purchasing lately.
mm_sunny1993 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:07 pm
Thanks for the context! I actually didn't listen to that part of the show so I missed that. That's hilarious, though.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Lol, cheeky there, Daniel :roll:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Lighting wasn't amazing today but here are some cute m&g pics.
autumnhearth
senpai

My review of II while waiting in a parking garage: so many references to fizzy milk and “fizzy milk people”. Nah actual review will come tomorrow but the kiddo said very sincerely that it was one of the best experiences of his life.
Philena
blobfish

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:47 am My review of II while waiting in a parking garage: so many references to fizzy milk and “fizzy milk people”. Nah actual review will come tomorrow but the kiddo said very sincerely that it was one of the best experiences of his life.
Awww, so glad to hear that! Can't wait to read your full review. :love2:

I walked away from ii last Saturday feeling much the same as your son, and I have many decades on him, lol!
obvsly
#relatable

Are you guys following the Bryony drama on instagram?

She deleted a bunch of her pictures with Dan and Phil. (Hopefully this is not permanent and she'd unarchive them after a while.) Her account is now private with "Don't repost my Stories" as bio. She put a screenshot of a message from a person in a story. It says, ”the only reason people post shit about you is bc of dnp they only care about dan and phil not your stupid ass xx"

I understand that this is a new Story. According to Martisun on Tumblr, this is what happened earlier:
Some people were able to see the account name when Bryony posted about it even though she deleted the Story quickly, so they felt she didn't handle the situation well. And some said the "Don't repost my Stories" message was an overreaction. Reposting is something fans do regularly with youtubers' stories anyway.....

I just wanna say I think that is all bullshit. I'm totally in Bryony's corner for this one. She has all the rights to tell people to fuck off and not use her IP. She doesn't have any obligation to any fan -- and these people are not even HER fans ffs. I'm actually glad we have a Bryony in this fandom. We need someone close to Dan and Phil who's not afraid to call out how shitty the phandom can be sometimes.
yeetussy
glabella

Idk in situations like this I kinda wish dnp would actually say smth abt those types of phandom members. I don’t think I’d be happy being silent when the people I’m touring for are toxic enough to tell people I’m close to they only follow them for me. They’re old enough, they’ve gone through this song and dance before, why not say smth? The situation itself may have been a bit of an explosion but I don’t blame her since this has prolly happened for like years. I feel like the less they talk abt it, the more those types of people think they have the freedom and permission almost to be that way. Maybe it’s my inner mom rearing its head early but I can’t sit back and condone that behaviour.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Not the first time she’s tried to set a rabid phannie straight—a bit surprised though she let a troll get under her skin like that.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I agree with her that her pictures shouldn't be used - especially when it's completely unrelated to her. I'm not really too bothered with her addressing this on her instagram story because if her intent was to shame someone she would have tweeted about it and she didn't do that. I saw her stories when this whole thing happened and she asked the person not to use her pictures and the person responded with an "i don't care" attitude which is why it escalated.

The thing I am kind of irritated with is some phannies on twitter/tumblr making this into more of a drama then it is. Bryony has been around the youtube game, has a verified twitter account, and is capable of speaking for herself so when other people jump into the mix it is just more drama that makes the phandom tiresome.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

(cute phil sound in there)

I'm also surprised Bryony was so frustrated publicly, though I don't blame her at all- she is entitled to her privacy. DnP are very non-confrontational, they rarely bring up fan boundaries and so a lot of the "drama" is easy to overlook, and I think that has its positives. I feel like them and Bryony are close enough friends that fans wouldn't tear them apart, but Bryony has every right to enforce her own boundaries or even disappear from social media. I really like her though and I hope she doesn't let it get to her for too long. I appreciate my daily dose of her weird IG story memes or complaints of That One Ad.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Unfortunately, one of D&P's less admirable traits is that they bury their heads in the sand and hope for trouble to pass without too much damage.
It's good that they avoid jumping every gun and stirring up drama when it's unnecessary, but sometimes they could really speak up. Especially in regards to stalking, privacy breaches and harassing their friends.

I wonder what they are worried about? Is it that drama would draw attention to them and phan?