Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
yeetussy
glabella

kinda confused as to why that person even corrected phil in the first place. most people just call the entirety of the vulva the vagina as like slang or smth, unless me and everyone i know with a vagina are just weird ig. does the word fanny refer to the entire vulva? it just gives me an eyeroll that they finally say vagina like everyone is asking and a few people said “meh not good enough or accurate. do better.” maybe it’s bc im moody and so tired of vagina/vulva/labia/clitoris discourse.

edit: gotta love my pissy vagina rant at the top of a page.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

thanks for the notes, @alittledizzy !!! i couldn't watch the entire ls when it was uploaded cause the audio got a bit overwhelming for my ears (but thank you to whoever recorded it, seriously 💕)
also dan trailing off while talking about india. lol.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:56 pm That tweet does sound pretty similar to what Dan said in the show. I wonder if he just happened to see it or if he actually searched to see if anyone said that so he'd have a reason to mention it? Hilarious, though.

Here are my timestamps for the liveshow:

:53 - Phil scolds Dan for swearing at the audience.
1:14 - They're in Kentucky and woke up in the woods.
1:27 - Phil was the first person to wake up on the bus. They had no phone signal.
1:36 - Yeti/Bigfoot/BFG, momentary tangent into Roald Dahl books.
2:19 - Phil just had a shower, they have communal showers. Dan immediately looks pained.
2:24 - "We didn't have a communal shower together. We just had individual showers."
2:43 - Phil's stupid laughter. I love it. "Jesus Christ," indeed, Dan.
2:59 - Phil had a big coffee.
3:12 - Dan was scared when he woke up in the woods.
3:33 - They ordered exciting lattes. Phil says it's the most exciting coffee menu he's ever seen, Dan is dubious.
3:45 - They got a campfire mocha, chocolate and marshmallows. Phil was afraid it would be smokey tasting.
4:18 - The colon tweet.
4:41 - Phil asks someone's mum if they want him to mow their lawn. Dan brings the communal shower back up.
5:23 - Dan brings the fortune cookie conversation from the last liveshow back up. Dan defends himself not saying vagina by pretending to defend Phil not saying vulva.
6:20 - Phil is afraid they're gonna get demonetized on Rize, but Dan is determined to complete this unfinished business. Also figures out a way to shove the word tampon in there.
6:48 - Phil's got his knees out for the lads. Dan says he's got his calf out for the bears.
7:10 - Taco salad tweet.
8:05 - Tim Hortons II: The American Sequel.
8:27 - Phil chastises Dan for name dropping a brand that isn't paying them. ("This is not a spon.")
8:45 - Fizzy milk tweet.
9:45 - Dan likes a Starbucks cold brew cappucino. Wants to know if Tim Horton's sells coffee drinks without loads of sugar.
10:11 - Still working on TBC dates.
10:33 - Phil is squirming on the worst chair ever. #spon for the next few dates.
11:58 - Weird bus phenomenon, Phil feels like he's moving when he's not on the bus.
12:30 - Phil told that to his mum and she's afraid he's broken forever.
13:00 - Car drove into the bus; the driver was trying to park and a car drive into them. Bus was fine, car was totaled, but no one was hurt.
13:50 - Phil thinks the scary part is that Dan didn't wake up. Phil almost fell out of his bunk but it only pushed Dan toward the wall.
14:10 - Coffee cup fell over in the kitchen. Police were there, loads of things were going down. Dan was sleeping. Phil: "It was a terrifying prospect."
14:35 - They'll get a real Tim Hortons in Vancouver.
14:44 - New TOP.
15:08 - Discussion about Phil undoing his top couple buttons. Dan says if he wants to be Harry Styles he needs to unbutton it all the way down.
15:50 - Dan tells him to do whatever makes him comfortable and confident.
15:55 - Phil is snacking on Milano mint chocolates and vanilla chip granola bars, after a disappointing salad. Dan doesn't think it was disappointing. Debate ensues about how to pronounce jalapeno.
16:26 - Backpack/signed pic promo.
17:00 - "Why isn't our shop in your autofill? That's what I want to know, Dan."
17:54 - Geography gaming video; they were okay but there's a lot they don't know about and they tried their best. Last gaming video wasn't in sub boxes.
18:55 - Ohio talk.
19:32 - Phil's merch; Dan mock whispers that Phil's hair caused a lot of problems. He didn't want the fringe on the labels but it'll still be on one of them. Dan: "Phil, with his little living his truth rebrand, went and ruined everything." The one label he couldn't change will officially be the last thing to ever have an emo fringe on it.
20:19 - He'll start doing a ountdown to merch on his twitter soon.
20:23 - Someone mentions the June video. "What is that, the new week in Merch? What the hell is wrong with you people?" Phil asks if Dan got people hyped for something.
20:38 - LA will be very busy. For reasons.
20:54 - They'll film more gaming videos tomorrow and they'll be uploaded whenever they're edited.
21:01 - Babuse is a whole thing. "It has a history, okay."
21:23 - Dan gave him nightmares; they were having a chat on the bus ("us and our little team") about conspiracy theories/true things that happened. He started telling them about the Dyatlov Pass (Phil says don't look it up, it's scary; Dan just says it's interesting) and it made Phil scared. Then Phil had a dream that he and Dan and Julianne Moore were hiking in the snow and then she fell down a hole and Phil was looking down an endless drop down the center of the earth through the snow and Dan was holding his legs dangling him down the hole and had his phone torch on and Dan let go of his legs.
22:45 - Dan explains that Phil's mind doesn't combine scary things with his subconscious, he just dreams about the exact same thing.
23:02 - Phil is mad at real Dan because dream Dan let go of his legs.
23:34 - They're doing the longest flight you can do; Vancouver to Melbourne, 18 and a half hours.
23:55 - Phil does the 'I spy, I spy, I spy!' thing.
24:08 - They want to see koalas.
24:18 - Dan shames Phil for having never been to New Zealand or India.
24:22 - Dan says he's been to India twice; tells us the first time was when he was 11 then for some weird strange gosh-who-knows-why reason lets the sentence drop before telling us the second time he was there. What a mystery.
24:31 - Phil is also excited to go to Manila.
24:41 - Discussion about how kangaroos can kill you.
25:27 - They talk about Goosebumps.
25:53 - Gaming tomorrow, they'll be doing Sims. Might be dressing room gaming, might be bus gaming.
27:24 - Dan thinks Phil's shirt is snazzy. Story about how Phil's shirt was covered in shampoo.
27:55 - They're each choosing a movie to watch on the bus, Dan chose Unbreakable. It was slow and cheesy. Phil wants to choose Gremlins but it's a Christmas movie. Dan loves Tom Hardy and Riz Ahmed.
28:45 - People ask about the noise; Phil says Dan is shaking his flow water, Dan says he's shaking his booty and that's just the sound that it makes.
I enjoyed what I got from the liveshow in between the recording stress, so thanks for the timestamps! :ribena:

I really don't envy them for that 18 hour flight. Sounds like hell.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Thank you for the timestamps @alittledizzy! :stan:
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:56 pm 24:22 - Dan says he's been to India twice; tells us the first time was when he was 11 then for some weird strange gosh-who-knows-why reason lets the sentence drop before telling us the second time he was there. What a mystery.
Aside from the obvious reasons behind him letting that sentence drop, am I wrong to think he's been to India three times, not two? Didn't he go not that long ago with his family, he posted some elephant selfies on instagram? Or is that from somewhere else?

Philena
blobfish

^^ that was Sri Lanka!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ablissa wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:25 pm 24:22 - Dan says he's been to India twice; tells us the first time was when he was 11 then for some weird strange gosh-who-knows-why reason lets the sentence drop before telling us the second time he was there. What a mystery.

Aside from the obvious reasons behind him letting that sentence drop, am I wrong to think he's been to India three times, not two? Didn't he go not that long ago with his family, he posted some elephant selfies on instagram? Or is that from somewhere else?

Like @Philena said, that was Sri Lanka, however he has been to India three times as he spent Christmas 2013 there (this clip talks about Dan denting his phone while talking to Phil on the trip)
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Philena wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:02 am ^^ that was Sri Lanka!
Why did I think it was India? Must have read some speculation on Tumblr or something. Thanks for clearing that up :love1:

@obsessivelymoody ooh so I was only partially wrong, that's a consolation. I remember that phone call thing, oh Dan.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That whole phone denting thing is so jarring to watch now. Dan's panic at Phil letting it slip it was them talking just.... makes me sad for where they were then, and so happy for them now. They were literally not at a point where they'd admit to talking on the phone while Dan was out of the country, and now they're out there showing us their texts of them just randomly checking in on each other when they've been apart for like a day.
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:31 am That whole phone denting thing is so jarring to watch now. Dan's panic at Phil letting it slip it was them talking just.... makes me sad for where they were then, and so happy for them now. They were literally not at a point where they'd admit to talking on the phone while Dan was out of the country, and now they're out there showing us their texts of them just randomly checking in on each other when they've been apart for like a day.
:happytears:
from: "what were we even talking about? it was something really boring like the radio wasn't it?..."
to: "on my way back to phil" "come to me" and having dan compliment phil a lot, calling him a model, saying he would want to be transported into a sim dimensions to "be proper sim dads with phil" at ii. take it as a joke, but i still find that cute and makes me think of "i'll find you in any world, phil!"

i'm in awe of their confidence and development, whoever says dnp aren't more open in 2018 is absolutely mistaken. sorry bout it. :valentine:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

(edit to add the two other tweets)
:gayaf:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Was that Dan’s true face because we matter or just the face of not believing ;)
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

this might be very random but i saw this on my twitter and my immediate thought is "is this daniel howell"
anyways, it still hasnt sunk in that ill get to see deppy in a week...
"you are next to me in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:16 am
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:31 am That whole phone denting thing is so jarring to watch now. Dan's panic at Phil letting it slip it was them talking just.... makes me sad for where they were then, and so happy for them now. They were literally not at a point where they'd admit to talking on the phone while Dan was out of the country, and now they're out there showing us their texts of them just randomly checking in on each other when they've been apart for like a day.
:happytears:
from: "what were we even talking about? it was something really boring like the radio wasn't it?..."
to: "on my way back to phil" "come to me" and having dan compliment phil a lot, calling him a model, saying he would want to be transported into a sim dimensions to "be proper sim dads with phil" at ii. take it as a joke, but i still find that cute and makes me think of "i'll find you in any world, phil!"

i'm in awe of their confidence and development, whoever says dnp aren't more open in 2018 is absolutely mistaken. sorry bout it. :valentine:
Good character development!

And great timestamps @alittledizzy Speaking of which (kinda sorta) I have an even deeper appreciation for the transcripts since I’ve been doing my own show, I’m almost done, but I’ve had to go back so many times to hear what they’re saying over the audience noise and some of it is still unintelligible, even though I was there. Seriously, you’re amazing :respekt2:
ratlad
angel bean

just checked the transcripts page, someone got the audio for the Milwaukee show?? it's coming soon????? my day just got better, heard a lot of good stuff about it.
was it the sims dad one? i hope so,,,
bless.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:28 pm just checked the transcripts page, someone got the audio for the Milwaukee show?? it's coming soon????? my day just got better, heard a lot of good stuff about it.
was it the sims dad one? i hope so,,,
bless.
Yup Milwaukee is coming! Someone sent me audio a few days ago. I’m on my way to see II again today so I’m out of commission for transcriptions til Monday but I’ve got a couple people helping me out (true heroes, including you autumn!) so the backlog of transcripts I’ve got piled up will start going up soon!

Actually not sure if the sims dad moment was Milwaukee or St Louis though. No one sent audio for St Louis.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:14 pm Speaking of which (kinda sorta) I have an even deeper appreciation for the transcripts since I’ve been doing my own show, I’m almost done, but I’ve had to go back so many times to hear what they’re saying over the audience noise and some of it is still unintelligible, even though I was there.
Oh my god, I know eh. I don't actually download them into another program (where I know you can change the increments), but just leave it on the first program it opens with - and on that one, you can only go back in 30 second increments. So I'll listen to the same part like 3 or 4 times just to hear one or two words I couldn't understand, and by that time it's a couple minutes to re-listen to one second of audio that I couldn't decipher. Which doesn't sound like a lot lol but this happens multiple times per show audio.

Anyways, my point is that I empathize with you lol and that @alittledizzy is a true hero for doing the (by far) majority of the shows. It ain't easy peeps, so just... round of applause for dizzy.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, frick me
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

i’m on my phone right now so can’t upload screenshots but are we seeing phil’s latest twitter like in response to someone thinking the photo looked like a proposal??? lol idk why i’m cringing so much but it seems so odd and out of character for phil to even acknowledge tweets like that! i almost want to think it’s an accidental like but ahhh.... :?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:27 pm i’m on my phone right now so can’t upload screenshots but are we seeing phil’s latest twitter like in response to someone thinking the photo looked like a proposal??? lol idk why i’m cringing so much but it seems so odd and out of character for phil to even acknowledge tweets like that! i almost want to think it’s an accidental like but ahhh.... :?
Screenshot and link under the cut. And tbh I'm pretty sure that it must have been an accident. He was probably scrolling through the replies to his tweet and accidentally tapped like on that one without realizing. But I mean given how 2018 has been so far it very well could have been on purpose :shrug:
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:33 pm
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:27 pm i’m on my phone right now so can’t upload screenshots but are we seeing phil’s latest twitter like in response to someone thinking the photo looked like a proposal??? lol idk why i’m cringing so much but it seems so odd and out of character for phil to even acknowledge tweets like that! i almost want to think it’s an accidental like but ahhh.... :?
Screenshot and link under the cut. And tbh I'm pretty sure that it must have been an accident. He was probably scrolling through the replies to his tweet and accidentally tapped like on that one without realizing.
I’ll go with the unpopular opinion here and say that I don’t think it’s an accident. I imagine he found it funny and tbh I’m loling over it too. :lol:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I also want to hope it's accidental, but I guess he could be poking fun too. He'd probably be better off not liking anything (people are already freaking out), but it's also nice to see him not ignoring a thread about a potential proposal, even if only to shoot it down.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My first thought was that it was a "we're not ready for marriage" joke - or, who knows, maybe Dan's been hinting for some bling and this is Phil's way of hinting back that they need that forever home first. Priorities, yo.
dancy
procrastinator

Phan is cancelled :dead: I don't care whether it was an accident or not tbh, I'm chuckling either way. He unlked it already though, so I'm assuming it was an accident (or saw the huge response and was like "Uhh I don't wanna deal this with right now).

In other unimportant news, it's been 1 year since I got into Dan and Phil, happy anniversary to me :rainbowsparkle:
Phantasy
woodland creature

(I have such strong head-canon that as the culmination of “giving people what they want” on the last show they get engaged...)
:tinfoil: