Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

@ratlad since I was under the impression your post was directed at me.
ratlad wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:43 pm it really isn't that deep. i like how we get told we're the ones who are always "over analysing" but now the tables have turned and phil's accidental like is a whole conspiracy theory about how phil is trapped being shipped with his Platonic Bro and their rabid phannies are forcing him to unlike the tweet because they don't want to ruin the delusional dreams of us shippers.

Wow that's a lot of strong words. Conspiracy theory? Rabid Phannies forcing him to unlike the the tweet? Delusional. I'm not sure what table you are turning here but I've never said those words. This whole forum is over analysing imo, but that's partly why fan forums exist.

anyway, what i'm getting at is– we're not playing detective here, we can easily assume it was a total accident because he unliked it 10 minutes later. you don't have to think they're in a relationship to believe the like was an accident, we're not basing our conclusion off anything other than phil immediately unliking the tweet.

I agree we can easily assume things, that's what my post was about. What we assume will likely be connected to what we think about them in a broader context. What I was interested about in how we can distinguish and support the different interpretations that are made. Content is slow, the tweet sure got a lot of attention and i saw things pass on my timeline that made my interest peek in how we look at their tweets in general.

i have no interest or definite opinion in the idea of dan or phil proposing to the other, that has nothing to do with the fact that i think the like was accidental.
they're real people and not some sort of products with calculated moves for their career or popularity.

Of course, "Dan and Phil are actually robots" would be a fun meme but I don't think anyone here thinks they aren't human :mrgreen: To what degree what they tweet about is influenced by brand strategy or their role as entertainers is an open question though. An interesting one that is sure to be met with different opinions ;)

i think you may have a lot of misconceptions about a lot of us here who believe they're in a relationship, it's not a "theory" that we're all just collectively pulling out of our asses with no reasoning or base information. we literally don't give as much of a shit about this accidental twitter like as you think.

So i'm guessing this is directed at me hence why i'm responding with this post. I don't know what you think what conceptions I carry about 'all of you', because I think everyone here is an individual with their own beliefs. My post wasn't really related to the question of what kind of relationship they were in, but I don't think anyone is pulling anything out of their asses (and if they are I hope it's all fun an consensual ;) ) Sure I have ideas about how I think people might come quickly or wrongly about conclusions about phan, but I think we all have ideas about other people's beliefs right? I'd certainly wouldn't use language like 'pulling stuff out of their ass' or no reasoning or base information. I don't really think anyone here give that much of a shit about this accidental twitter, so I don't know why you think that? But it's been posted about over two pages by multiple people here, so it clearly has *some* interest. I guess possible because many of us also saw things written about it on our own timelines that sounded rather dramatic? The point I was mostly trying to make was more about how I think we are not able to know one way or another what their tweets really mean and that i'm interested in hearing on what basis people favor one interpretation above another. Like every other thing that passes along in this thread, I expect some might be interested an pick to share their view and other probably aren't.

to us, everything we think makes sense because it perfectly adds up to the bigger picture and we're not still currently actively trying to prove they're in a relationship.

but hey! who knows, maybe us demon phannie shippers really are trapping them in their careers that they have to put up this ~queerbaity facade~ to cater to us because they love money.

That's putting it rather crudely, again I wouldn't say that. But are some "demon phannies" perhaps having a big impact in what Dan and Phil share, like, unlike and generally do? I think that's at least an interesting question to pursue. I'd say it's likely the audience of youtuber at large has an important influence on how that youtuber -and person- communicates and behaves.
I'm not saying anyone here fits the "demone phannie" for clarification. Idk how you define a demon phannie or what you'd consider 'demon' opinions and I have even less of an idea on what individuals here think about a whole bunch of issues. I'd expect there's a whole gamma of diverse opinions people hold here so I wouldn't lump anyone in.

Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

I think the "issue" here is that we all pretty much agree that the like was accidental, because that's the most likely option. Phil has never been one to like shady/controversial stuff on twitter, and he's always been pretty adamant in staying away anything that was even remotely phan-related, whether it was pro or anti. It's almost 10 years of behaviour that proves it, so it's way more likely that it was a mistake than anything else.

What you are implying @Stakhanov (or at least what it seems like you're implying) is that he completely 100% knew what he was liking and then only unliked it because he saw the reaction of the shippers being upset about it and because he's apparently not an adult with his own opinions on things and only cares about views and money, decided to unlike it because hey, apparently it's the shippers that keep the whole thing going, and then shippers are delusional and not just enjoying the chemistry of two people who are in a long term relationship - again with the theory of what's most likely looking at the bigger picture.

That's what your post sounded, at least to me, not sure about @ratlad (whose post I agree 100% let me have a like button please)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

you took a majority of what i said in a way too literal sense, i wasn't putting words in your mouth. my wording was clearly exaggerated and i never claimed you said any of it, nor did i use "all of us" when i said you may have misconceptions. so i am not sure why that was your main focus on my argument, but then again i am exhausted from not much sleep so i could be wrong.

"I agree we can easily assume things, that's what my post was about. What we assume will likely be connected to what we think about them in a broader context."

when i say "easily assume it was an accident" i'm not basing that off of my opinion of their relationship, not everything we think they do has something to do with their relationship.
sure, a lot of their history over the years does add up into something much bigger, but that doesn't include small insignificant things like an accidental twitter like.

but i mean, if you want to focus on that then you do you i guess.
there's nothing more i could respond with cause i'm just repeating myself at this point.
my ending statement was not directed at you in particular, and funnily enough, it wasn't me just making an exaggeration because i've actually seen people say almost exactly that thing yesterday claiming we're all delusional to dan and phil's "queerbaiting" because they want money. i'm only seeing the other side make up these deeper theories and it's honestly stressful reading it all.

edit: @liola you've explained it much more polite and better than i'm able to right now, thank you for that!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
bluewho
truth bomb

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:27 am
Phantasy wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:45 pm
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:27 pm i’m on my phone right now so can’t upload screenshots but are we seeing phil’s latest twitter like in response to someone thinking the photo looked like a proposal??? lol idk why i’m cringing so much but it seems so odd and out of character for phil to even acknowledge tweets like that! i almost want to think it’s an accidental like but ahhh.... :?
(I have such strong head-canon that as the culmination of “giving people what they want” on the last show they get engaged...)
:tinfoil:
I don't think it's out of character, I think it's some of Phil's actual character slipping trough. But as mentioned I don't think he wanted to deal with all the people who would make a fizz fuzz over it so he unliked. He's always keen to keep things as uncontroversial an neat as possible, however he actually feels about it.
I also think this is a possibility. If I was Phil and I was reading replies from fans saying that they wish Dan and Phil would get married I'd probably be a bit freaked out and think 'fuck you it's none of your business', I don't think it's that out of character for him to like a tweet supporting the idea that they are not getting married. Not least because they clearly aren't getting married or don't plan to get married in the imminent future, and even if they were they wouldn't really want us to know about it. I think that they are in a relationship but I don't necessarily think that they're going to get married anytime soon. Ultimately I think we can't know whether it was an accidental like or a deliberate one because we can't know what was going on in Phil's mind when he liked the tweet. one thing is for sure is that he was reading replies about whether him and Dan should get engaged or not which must be pretty frightening or invasive reading. :shrug:
ratlad wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:15 am ^ i think it's more rational to think it was an accidental like while scrolling down and replying to people, unless you think every other slip up of a Twitter like/follow has a deeper meaning as well.
I actually do :shrug:
saffarinda
truth bomb

There’s no way Phil would like like a tweet like that knowing the chaos it would cause. Thinking that he did it to spread a message is a hilarious idea in itself. He liked it accidentally, saw the chaos, realised and unliked it. I don’t understand why people are still conflicted over this one day later, Dan’s liked far worse tweets accidentally aha.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
autumnhearth
senpai

I have little to no opinion in the tweet like other than poor Phil and it’s mildly amusing. I just came by to say that the Cleveland transcript is up. I would quote my favorite bit, but my phone is being very rude. It’s the very very last part though.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

@blue Yea, that's another possibility that crossed my mind. If they were in a relationship and have been trying to keep it out of the public's eye for years, that tweet is just one (of many and many :mrgreen: that's gotta feel quite invasive. So he could have just read it and liked it deliberately as a ways to say "it's none of your business", than retracted for whatever reason.

@liola I definitely think Phil is an adult with opinions, and like I said my own opinion is that this might have been an instance where we might have seen more of his real opinion than usual and that he might have realized (perhaps after reading some feedback) that it wasn't prudent to share it. Because yes I am personally convinced that both Dan and Phil have decided not to share their real opinion about phan, and I see Phil retracting his like as possibly not accidental and falling more in line with this policy.
I'm not aware of all of Phil's 4000 twitter likes and I agree he tries to stay away from anything controversial in general but he certainly has spoken out against phan in the past. Here's a playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bklfBfy ... 2bbRUmWMZO

And at the time the denials certainly created waves in the fandom. Many actually blamed them (especially Dan) for the tone they used and some shippers see the denials as lies. What interests me are the standards that people use to say statement a is a lie, like b is revealing truth and retraction of like c is accidental... But i'm not certain of anything, I definitely think it could be accidental but it's noteworthy how some things they share are put a lot of trust in and interpreted as meaning a lot while others are quickly dismissed, so I think that's an interesting thing to talk about. Remember all the discussion about when Dan made a joke about how happiness meant 'oral sex' for him? To me, it clearly was meant as a joke but a lot people thought it meant a lot more and when Dan in the ls showed how he constructed the joke and how it wasn't the same joke as he originally used in the video, i found it really odd that some people got angry at Dan.

@ratlad Ok glad we can clear this up then. I note that you were clearly exaggerating and that it wasn't meant to be taken as how it was typed. Tone is sometimes hard to read on the internet, I respond to what I read because I can't really know if you mean to say what you say or if it is exaggerated for comedy or other purposes.
I understand you don't base your opinion on the tweet on anything you think about their relationship, but I think some people in the fandom certainly are and I don't think that's so far fetched either since what Phil liked is a tweet about people not wanting to see them proposing, which is typically something you do when two people want to get married :lol:
I feel you about the 'ever deeper' theories getting construed but basically that is how I feel a bout a lot of all the "x-gates" and most of the things that create discussion in the fandom :-p

Anyway, a good day to all and may the Dan and Phil shows roll down like waters, and content like an ever-flowing stream.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
ratlad
angel bean

stressful reply under the cut cause i don't want to put anyone through having to read my posts:
how long do people have to hold onto those videos from 2012-2013? the phandom has proven that dnp have lied about their history cause they're the ones who even put it out there in the first place. (but they had every right to say whatever they did, i don't hold that against them at all)
and in the midst of all that, there were still a lot of things that suggest something else going on.
a 6 second clip of phil saying "yes im single" in 2012 doesn't compare to the bigger picture from 2009-2018.
i would probably believe them if we had nothing to counteract those things that were said and done from 6 years ago. and they sure as hell don't come off as Platonic Straight Broski's in 2018 either.
a lot of their answers in that playlist were pretty ambiguous as well if it wasn't just a couple second vid of them saying "yes, single." those things were said in a time when they were blowing up on youtube, were trying to get a job at BBC, just moved into a flat that they could barely afford AND when that private video was leaked. i just think 2012-13 is a weak argument :shrug:
i'll stop before i make myself look worse or more cringey than i already have.
(ps. im fully aware that you did not ask for this or prompt this shitpost from me. maybe i really am a rabid demon.)
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Working on the Louisville transcript, and wanted to share this part here because I wasn't expecting Dan to actually choose this option. He made a joke out of it, but I also believe that this is what he'd actually choose if given this situation in real life:
Dan's dilemma: Phil is trapped in the Hunger Games, but Dan has to switch places to save him.
P: Dan.
D: What?
P: Are you gonna go in the arena for me?
D: Are we - how serious are we taking this?
P: This is a real situation.
D: Okay, well Phil, I need to ask you - would you want me to replace you?
P: What do you mean? You can't ask me that. This is your dilemma.
D: I'm just asking if - putting it on me, fine.
P: [sings the hunger games whistle]
D: Okay, after that, Phil is Philadeen. She's quaking in her [?]
P: Okay, well what then?
D: Um, honestly, I couldn't bear to watch you accidentally kill seven people by tripping over them or something so -
P: So you would do it!
D: I would do it! I would do it for you -
P: Awww. [crowd cheers]
D: You know, I'm waiting for death anyway, so that would work out.
liola
rankussy

whatdoiknow wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 pm Working on the Louisville transcript, and wanted to share this part here because I wasn't expecting Dan to actually choose this option. He made a joke out of it, but I also believe that this is what he'd actually choose if given this situation in real life:
Dan's dilemma: Phil is trapped in the Hunger Games, but Dan has to switch places to save him.
P: Dan.
D: What?
P: Are you gonna go in the arena for me?
D: Are we - how serious are we taking this?
P: This is a real situation.
D: Okay, well Phil, I need to ask you - would you want me to replace you?
P: What do you mean? You can't ask me that. This is your dilemma.
D: I'm just asking if - putting it on me, fine.
P: [sings the hunger games whistle]
D: Okay, after that, Phil is Philadeen. She's quaking in her [?]
P: Okay, well what then?
D: Um, honestly, I couldn't bear to watch you accidentally kill seven people by tripping over them or something so -
P: So you would do it!
D: I would do it! I would do it for you -
P: Awww. [crowd cheers]
D: You know, I'm waiting for death anyway, so that would work out.
For some reason Dan asking Phil what he would want makes it so much worse???

Anyway now I need a long chaptered fanfiction surrounding this entire scenario with major angst with happy ending, no death and bonus point for friends to lovers thank you

yeetussy
glabella

Why is it so hard to believe an accidental twitter like when it’s abt phan (or antiphan whatever)? Does it REALLY need these many paragraphs and this much energy put in it? No. It never did in the first place. I get that this is a forum for discussion, but what really is there to discuss? It’s a reply tweet, he liked it, most likely on bloody accident, and then he unliked it. That’s it. It should’ve died by now.

It’s just not that deep guys.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:14 pm
For some reason Dan asking Phil what he would want makes it so much worse???

Anyway now I need a long chaptered fanfiction surrounding this entire scenario with major angst with happy ending, no death and bonus point for friends to lovers thank you
YES PLEASE :stan:
:gayaf:
jve
tol bean

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:42 am
Do you have advice for moving in with a roommate for the first time? (Ooo) I don’t want the to hate me.
D: Wow. Ummmmm...
P: Borrow their cereal at any opportunity.
D: mmmm.... I’ve never not lived with someone who I don’t hate, so I can’t really relate to that
(Ohhhh’s from Phil and the audience)
P: I’d say that before you actually do like move in together you should probably have a chat-
D: Stalk them the Internet for at least six months
(Screaming from the audience)
D: if you find out they horrendous or completely awful then it’s kinda ok.
P: Well I think you should just have a chat with them and be like.. what do you wanna... do... like are you secretly a furry? Am I secretly a furry?
D: You need to get some common (unintelligible) Are we both secretly furries? Is this a thing now? You just need to get it out of the way. But honestly as long as you say like ‘let me know if I ever do anything that actually annoys you’, because if someone like leaves their socks in the corner and that ruins your life, you need to communicate-
P: Ok we need to-
D: Otherwise you’ll just strangle them with a sock in the night and that is worse than confronting them-
P: You don’t want to bottle this stuff up. Maybe when they’re arrive just like bake them a cake or something
D: (let’s out a huff of laughter) When did you ever make me a cake?! Ok that’s it, [bad friend (unintelligible) that’s our (unintelligible) relationship?] right there.
P: Right.
D: But you didn’t get me a cake!
P: I got you some Dominos pizza, like what do you want?

D: (unintelligible)
P: Uhhhhhnnn
I'm wondering if this was your favourite part, because it was definitely mine. It just seems like such an innocent and adorable domestic slice of life from back then. :hearteyes:
Ablissa
pastel persona

yeetussy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:22 pm Why is it so hard to believe an accidental twitter like when it’s abt phan (or antiphan whatever)? Does it REALLY need these many paragraphs and this much energy put in it? No. It never did in the first place. I get that this is a forum for discussion, but what really is there to discuss? It’s a reply tweet, he liked it, most likely on bloody accident, and then he unliked it. That’s it. It should’ve died by now.

As you said, this is a forum, and the point of most forums is discussion. Sometimes topics are brought up that some people may be fed up with and that's okay. Sometimes people may be discussing something you don't care about and that's okay. If you can't accept that and feel the need to make condescending posts about people who are talking about something, perhaps the whole idea of a forum just doesn't suit you (and that's totally okay).

We analyze a lot of things on this forum and that's one of the reasons I love it, one of the other reasons is the calm and respectful atmosphere here, which is why whenever I'm not interested in something that is being discussed I just don't participate. Wait a few hours and people will have changed the subject and moved on.

@autumnhearth that whole exchange was so cute, ugh.

@liola don't tempt me... :rofl:
liola
rankussy

RIP long curls but also hi he looks really fucking cute :love2:
Ablissa wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 pm @liola don't tempt me... :rofl:
Me? Tempting anyone, ever? I have no idea what you're talking about pffffttt as if I could EVER tempt someone like haha what it's not like i'm willing to pay with money and tears and endless love pffft me whomst :please:

LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Praise be, they trimmed the quiff :stan:
Hopefully Phil posts a photo soon!
Ablissa
pastel persona

liola wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:25 pm
Me? Tempting anyone, ever? I have no idea what you're talking about pffffttt as if I could EVER tempt someone like haha what it's not like i'm willing to pay with money and tears and endless love pffft me whomst :please:
But I've got like twenty things in the works, this is really bad :lol: but I also want to see it written so badlyyy!!!

Anyway... Um... are Dan's curls GONE? WHAT? I might have a breakdown if that's the case. Hoping it just looks like it after the haircut...
liola
rankussy

Ablissa wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:46 pm
liola wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:25 pm
But I've got like twenty things in the works, this is really bad :lol: but I also want to see it written so badlyyy!!!

Anyway... Um... are Dan's curls GONE? WHAT? I might have a breakdown if that's the case. Hoping it just looks like it after the haircut...
Look, why do you think I'm begging for someone to write that instead of doing it myself I have too many wips LET ME THRIVE

Okay let's talk about the haircut: do we think it was done because of the mysterious thing going on in LA next week? I'm assuming they're filming the show, so that would make sense. Which makes me wonder
if they're filming at LA, will they being the friendship test back in full force?
This also reminds me that I rewatched story of tatinof the other night and it's making me crave a behind the scene documentary on this tour. Like I'm sad tatinof was the one that was filmed and not this one, cause I would give anything to see what 2018 behind the scene touring deppy look like

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I don’t think Dan’s curls have gone, don’t worry, just shorter. He seems to still have a fluff going on. He does look cute af in that story.
bluewho
truth bomb

liola wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:25 pm RIP long curls but also hi he looks really fucking cute :love2:
I'm suing dan for my murder posthumously :dead: :philtrash:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lmao in that Story Dan is lowkey acting like one of those cringe musical.ly star boys that always get roasted by some ex Viners on YouTube. :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp

In the chronicles of How Dan and Phil Manage Meet and Greets, I thought this video was interesting/sweet/funny. The fan asks Phil if she can kiss him on the cheek. Dan says no. :love2:
It's reassuring that they're capable of setting boundaries in a polite or amusing way without offending fans, as that's a question that's been brought up here before. (I don't know how Dan manages to make the implication that a person has Ebola sound polite, but he does.)
yeetussy
glabella

Ablissa wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 pm
yeetussy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:22 pm Why is it so hard to believe an accidental twitter like when it’s abt phan (or antiphan whatever)? Does it REALLY need these many paragraphs and this much energy put in it? No. It never did in the first place. I get that this is a forum for discussion, but what really is there to discuss? It’s a reply tweet, he liked it, most likely on bloody accident, and then he unliked it. That’s it. It should’ve died by now.

As you said, this is a forum, and the point of most forums is discussion. Sometimes topics are brought up that some people may be fed up with and that's okay. Sometimes people may be discussing something you don't care about and that's okay. If you can't accept that and feel the need to make condescending posts about people who are talking about something, perhaps the whole idea of a forum just doesn't suit you (and that's totally okay).

We analyze a lot of things on this forum and that's one of the reasons I love it, one of the other reasons is the calm and respectful atmosphere here, which is why whenever I'm not interested in something that is being discussed I just don't participate. Wait a few hours and people will have changed the subject and moved on.
I like it for that reason, too, but apparently that’s very much not the case when I’m in a bad headspace. :oops: I’ve calmed down now but I just noticed how…charged that message was. I need to stay away from social media when I’m in those moods. I fully apologise.

Phil retweeted some phanart (Idk how to embed it hhhhhh) and can I say it actually intimidates me how amazing the artists in the phandom are! Glad they got the recognition they deserved.
ratlad
angel bean

that video awh, although i don't understand why people want to kiss them/think they'll agree to do it, i still think the entire interaction was adorable. dan calling the picture "cute" :')

@yeetussy i'm sorry if i stressed you or anyone out today, but i relate to what you're saying cause i was also in A Mood and im usually an impulsive 'fighter' in a fight or flight situation.

a gaming vid would be a Good thing right about now tbh, didn't they say they'd be filming some dressing room gaming vids ??
Ataraxia25
flower crown

watsonian wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:04 pm In the chronicles of How Dan and Phil Manage Meet and Greets, I thought this video was interesting/sweet/funny. The fan asks Phil if she can kiss him on the cheek. Dan says no. :love2:
It's reassuring that they're capable of setting boundaries in a polite or amusing way without offending fans, as that's a question that's been brought up here before. (I don't know how Dan manages to make the implication that a person has Ebola sound polite, but he does.)
i cant make out what dan says exactly? (or phil for that matter?) i’m shit at this
:gayaf: