Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
annabanana
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

hector coming through with another classic art piece :rofl:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
autumnhearth
senpai

Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 am
liola wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:29 am
Why am I emo over two giants crammed together on a bed with two much food what the fuck and how are they able to stay glued to each other all the fucking time I'm truly amazed imma cry
that’s always my question! how do they do it! so much time together and.... they’re not sick of each other ? :happytears:
I’m late with my thoughts on everything, but I noticed some of the merch team/crew went out last night after the show and though it doesn’t surprise me that Dan and Phil stayed in, it also seemed a shame to not celebrate with them. Then I remembered that they really are introverts and that it must have been a long draining day and that the way introverts recharge is with alone time. Except that their definition of alone includes the other because even though they are super best friends, with their own best friend club, they still “don’t count” and now I’m a super emo demon phannie. (Btw the term I would use for D&P emphasizing anything “phan” specific at II would be “feeding the demons”.)

Also bless Hector! I love that he has his own little niche. Most of the moment (are they all based on Tweets? That’s the point right?) are ones phanartists are not likely to draw. :ribena:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

dc34 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm They said that there needs to be a balance between giving the people what they want and not pushing them past their comfort level. I truly believe when they say they want to please us, but it shouldn't be at the expenses of their comfort, privacy, mental health, and overall happiness.
i took out the spoilers because i think this is more of the general theme of the show anyways, and i think this is really important in general. as someone who (still) struggles to unlearn my habit of unneeded self-sacrificing to please others, i know fully well that this does not give genuine happiness. all it does is have people view you as a doormat and take advantage of it. on the other side of this coin, only thinking of your own gains and not allowing flexibility to accommodate other people's needs is seen as negative and will further push people away.

certainly, dan and phil knows this as well and theyre trying hard to find that balance. yes, sometimes some fans can be pushy or entitled, but ultimately, the majority of us are happy witnessing them live their happiness.
"you are next to me in my life"
alien
procrastinator

lefthandedism wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:01 am
alien wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 am
I love this so much. I wrote in my m&g experience (on tumblr) about how dan will always be 2009 dan to me. Like he is just so boyish and when I met him irl he felt that way even more so to me. Whereas Phil, though he lets his inner child out a lot in videos/online persona, he was very much a Grown Man.
Care to share your m&g experience here? (Either here or in the side threads.)

I love your characterization: it sounds perfect to me, but I have not met them in person. I have a soft spot for 2009 Dan except for the problematic stuff he (and Phil) hadn't yet grown out of occasionally saying.
Yes! I was planning on posting here I was just waiting til I had some time/brain power to write my show review as well and post it all at the same time.
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

I'll put the tweet link under cut not to interrupt, but crazy shit seems to follow D&P wherever they go omg
Apparently a guy stole a plane in Seattle, where they play today, and is just flying it around. The traffic control communication can be heard live:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
obvsly
#relatable

phanfckingtastic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:08 am I'll put the tweet link under cut not to interrupt, but crazy shit seems to follow D&P wherever they go omg
Apparently a guy stole a plane in Seattle, where they play today, and is just flying it around. The traffic control communication can be heard live:
I'm following the news as well. It's just absolutely crazy. Now people are talking that it crashed? Or was it shot down? Scary. I hope everyone is safe.
sweetlyphan
delia smith

obvsly wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:12 am
phanfckingtastic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:08 am I'll put the tweet link under cut not to interrupt, but crazy shit seems to follow D&P wherever they go omg
I'm following the news as well. It's just absolutely crazy. Now people are talking that it crashed? Or was it shot down? Scary. I hope everyone is safe.
It seems like it crashed and there were no passengers aboard, only the airplane mechanic who was flying the plane.
:prideheart2:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 pm oh whoops if forgot to submit xd
slightly OT but might interest all the demons xd
dc34 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm So, I was at the show last night so I'm tell you my thoughts,
I really enjoyed it, it was so much fun :D . So, the special bit was just them refilming the rap and singing but with confetti this time. One of the members of deppy's crew kept saying this was for tv, which was weird I wonder where they are putting the show. Also, there wasn't any youtubers which was weird since they were in LA, I wonder why they weren't invited/didn't go. Its funny we were worried people would bring up demon moments at the show, but then deppy themselves went into demon mode a couple of times

This show has a message which the last one didn't have. Right in the beginning Dan says we can't just say whatever we want about Dan and Phil and expect there to be no consequences. They emphasize the last bit over and over again through out the entire show. Whatever we do as an audience does impact them, even if we don't think it does. Before the stimulation, Dan says that we can't treat them like Sim characters, they are real people with feelings. They also, kinda talk about persona, what we see on camera is them just an exaggerated version since they're trying to be entertaining. Dan also brought up people wanting him to be "soft" during the wholesome howell/ xrated lester, and people saying "we love character development" after the wholesome howell meme took off . It wasn't him, but he thought thats what people wanted him to be. I reread past threads btw, and this topic was brought up a lot and its people wanting to see the "real" them, but when its aspects of their personalities they don't like they chalk it up to persona. Yes he can be kind and gentle, but Dan said he is a sarcastic, cynical person and thats just who he is. They said that there needs to be a balance between giving the people what they want and not pushing them past their comfort level. I truly believe when they say they want to please us, but it shouldn't be at the expenses of their comfort, privacy, mental health, and overall happiness.
Thanks interesting to hear your read. I'm glad they are giving that message the day the show is being filmed, because apparently they don't really go into it at every show (they didn't do it in the last one you said?).

[Some thoughts about this / the interactive introverts show under the spoiler
It's an interesting message and I'm glad they are lifting at least a tip of the curtain, even though it just a tip of the tip and it all sounds very general. You can interpret most of what they say there in lots of different ways. What does it mean when they say we 'can't treat them as Sim characters' ? I don't think anybody is literally trying to click at them with a mouse pointer so obviously he means it more broadly. But one is left guessing what exact issues they puts under that umbrella as they don't really mention specific issues besides the 'wholesome howell' meme. Is it just about the fandom trying to pigeonhole them as soft, wholesome or x-rated? I doubt that. Dan only mentions the 'soft' brand and 'character progression' (a narrative that personally annoys me too) yet I think it's basically him trying to argue against the suffocating narrative that they are a romantic couple that are slowly opening up and will eventually 'out' themselves as a gay couple. At least, that's a narrative that is strongly present in large parts of the fandom so when he talks about a 'balance' between giving the people what they want as personna's and their 'real selves', what is it that 'the' people clamor for? A cute gay ship?
Of course, that is just my interpretation and you can objectively read all kinds of things in it. That's why I fear they haven't made the message specific enough to help much. People will imbue what they say and do with how they think about them already, and insert motivations and meaning in all of it that is consistent with the beliefs they already hold.
Which paradoxically only leads to more of a 'story' being imagined around them, because that's what a curious and concerned fandom will do.

I suppose Phil thinks similarly about it, but one is left to guess exactly where they might think differently. It's always Dan who brings these type of messages to the public :mrgreen:
I believe that dc34 meant TATINOF didn't have a message like that, not that it differs between II shows. The script of the show doesn't change, and everything they described (fantastic post, btw, dc34!) is repeated in every II show. It's also very firmly both Dan and Phil delivering that message; Phil has examples similar to Dan's. Going more spoilery under the cut.
The narrative of the show is definitely interesting, but it's not some kind of new revelation. The segments of the show are woven around the following: getting to know the audience, discussing individual audience members vs mob mentality, exploring the dichotomy of Dan and Phil's personas vs personalities (with the underlined conclusion that their youtube presence is very much themselves, but themselves being entertaining) and then the connection between Dan and Phil. They have monologues to match with each game/interaction of the show that tie them in.

They give specific examples that do not involve their romantic relationship: people wanting Dan to be less depressing, and Phil not changing his hair because he thought the audience wouldn't want him to. The debate there is be yourself vs be what viewers want; Dan defended his right to make death jokes to cope, Phil did do his hair in the end. The moral, if you are trying to draw one there, seems to be that while they hear the vocal expression of their audience that in the end... they do exactly what they want to anyway. They hear us, but we do not control them because in the end their behavior reflects what they want.

Therefore to conclude that the people who think they are a couple is a "suffocating narrative" kind of falls flat. By your logic, following their message, they'd be vocally telling us they aren't together right now with the same regularity that Phil quiffs it up and Dan makes depressing jokes. And I'm sure you'll argue that they do, but - the majority of us aren't quite catching those signals you get from them.
A reply to your post for those who are interested - Interactive Introverts spoilers
I'm waiting for the release of their filmed show to come to any underlined conclusions or morals you bring up. My response is based on the description i got from dc34's post (thanks for the post, i enjoy reading people's experiences of the show). You may feel sure that these are the conclusions to reach or the framework of what they say, I'd like to see what they actually say first. So far the stuff they've said seems to be pretty general and they seem to use different examples or don't seem to go into it in every show. I'm happy to hear of Dan and Phil themselves in the filmed version, and only then I'll know what to take away from it.

Your last paragraph of what you think they'd be telling us 'by my logic' falls flat to me though :sideeye: Why would they need to be saying with the same regularity that they aren't together as Phil is quiffing it up? They have never claimed to be a couple to start with, that is something that other people read into their behavior, despite their own words.

I see no reason why they would have to deny it like Dan cracks a depressing joke. It's not on them to try convince their audience that they aren't a couple if part of that audience didn't believe them anyway when they did outright say they are not in a relationship. They've done that before, notably in 2012-2013 and it caused a lot of drama and led to a lot of fans accusing them of all kinds of things and offenses in tone and what not. I imagine it also caused them a lot of distress. Nobody likes being chalked up a liar or fans developing theories about how you're to scared or have other motivations to hide your presumed relationship with a friend, after saying that you're not in such a relationship. It also runs counter to the interests they have, and I don't think they particularly enjoy blowing holes in people's ships.

So yea, I do think they are 'doing what they want' and I think when they are speaking about 'finding a balance' between what the people want vs. who they really are as people, the suffocating fan narrative is implied as one of the things they feel are pushed on them and which doesn't represent who they really are as people. But I also started out by saying that what i've read so far is phrased pretty ambiguously and is open to many interpretations, hence why we're already understanding them to mean different things :mrgreen:
Yeah, they look and sound terribly suffocated, I agree. I mean, the lengths they go to, my god. All to perpetuate the myth of phan -10 years on!- and sell more shit while they still can to the delusional sheepdom. Must suck to be so fake all the time. I'm sure they can't wait to get some holiday time finally separate from each other once the tour is over, then move out and into their own places, Phil with his long term partner which I hear :shhh: was introduced to him via Jimmy0010, and fingers crossed Dan gives you a call, at last!

Sorry, got carried away in that beautiful story reality. I'm a very imaginative objectively realistic non-phannie, you see
Now don't get carried away by your story there phanfcingtastic ;) You're using pretty strong words there: 'perpetuating of a 10 years myth of phan', 'delusional sheepdom' and you have a lot of predictions of what they are going to do after the show :lol: . It's kind of you to hope that Dan will give me a call, but I wouldn't have thought you're expecting a married husband to call a 'dan loving anti' like that!
Well if they do just even on of those things after the tour, at least we'll have content. Cheers :ribena:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i just need to say : dan looks SO GOOD in this outfit i love it
:gayaf:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

He does and I'm glad he's wearing something else than black ^^
Seattle looks like a beautiful and fun city.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Stakhanov wrote: I wouldn't have thought you're expecting a married husband to call a 'dan loving anti' like that!
'xactly. :thekoolkatz:

-
The Seattle story had such a sad development, I wonder if d&p said something during the show (related to mental health) or kept it light and avoided it. It's absolutely not on them to say anything, of course, just curious.

I love watching them interact with other people but wish we had actual vloggy footage with merch crew et al.
Aside from that, really looking forward to the next leg of the tour, omg their ig stories are gonna be L.I.T. :babuse:
autumnhearth
senpai

phanfckingtastic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:02 am
Stakhanov wrote: I wouldn't have thought you're expecting a married husband to call a 'dan loving anti' like that!
'xactly. :thekoolkatz:

-
The Seattle story had such a sad development, I wonder if d&p said something during the show (related to mental health) or kept it light and avoided it. It's absolutely not on them to say anything, of course, just curious.

I love watching them interact with other people but wish we had actual vloggy footage with merch crew et al.
Aside from that, really looking forward to the next leg of the tour, omg their ig stories are gonna be L.I.T. :babuse:
They haven’t had their Seattle shows yet, they have two today. Oh and I’m glad to see them socializing on their night off!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Stakhanov wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 amI'm waiting for the release of their filmed show to come to any underlined conclusions or morals you bring up. My response is based on the description i got from dc34's post (thanks for the post, i enjoy reading people's experiences of the show). You may feel sure that these are the conclusions to reach or the framework of what they say, I'd like to see what they actually say first. So far the stuff they've said seems to be pretty general and they seem to use different examples or don't seem to go into it in every show. I'm happy to hear of Dan and Phil themselves in the filmed version, and only then I'll know what to take away from it.
That is flat out wrong. They use the same examples and same script every show.

But I'm gonna say we can resume this conversation once you've seen the show since you, having never seen it, seem fairly determined to tell me, someone who has listened to this show sixty times and seen it twice, what is actually in the show.
bluewho
truth bomb

ii discussion:
@alittledizzy your summary of the show is brilliant and matches with what I saw @stak I don't know why you wouldn't listen to her opinion of the show and take it at face value since she has listened to it a lot.

When I watched the show I didn't feel that they were criticizing audience behaviour, I didn't feel like I was being told off for shipping phan or wanting Dan to be soft. It just felt more like a discussion on the pitfalls of 'giving the people what they want' from their standpoint i.e. it might not be practical, it may have negative consequences, etc. I wrote more about it and probably more eloquently after I had seen it viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1412&p=92726#p92726

I think my point is I didn't feel that they were criticizing phan shippers or criticising the audience for wanting them to do things that would be entertaining. It was more like they were explaining why they don't do things we want them to do all the time and just exploring and discussing the theme. In fact, if you are going to bring phan into it, they might be saying the reason they don't 'give the people what they want' and come out of the closet is because there are negeative consequences we haven't considered, it isn't practical, etc. But I don't really think that it is fair to bring phan into the discussion because they don't address it explicitly in the show so it's kind of a massive inference to discuss the themes of the show in relation to phan.

Edit: I can see new posts about this but I've typed it out now so I will post it anyway
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Well, your statement that they use the same examples and same scripts every show directly contradicts the post is was reacting to, where dc34 starts of by saying there was "a message which the last one didn't have". (see spoiler tag for the more specific quotes relating II)

You say you believe that dc34 meant the TATINOF tour and not a different show of II. I don't know, maybe dc34 can clarify what she means. If she does mean to compare with another tour ipv another show of the II tour, that would explain how you can have different messages with the same script and examples. You also went into different examples, so that's why I said they seem to be using different examples. But if they bring up all those examples at every show: good.

I am not determined to tell you what is in the show, you can reach your own (implicit) conclusions and morals of what you think that part of the show is about. And that's clearly what you did, because you gave your outline of the segment and what you think they are saying with it. But i'd still like to see the show for myself and hear their own words before I come to my own conclusions of what I think they are trying to say.
It doesn't matter how many times you've listened to show for me, because there are plenty of other things that come up in this fandom where people who have the same information come to wildly different theories and conclusions. I doubt it will be different when it comes down to how we interpret the show or anything they say about persona or youtube-audience relations.
@bluewho just brought up her own opinion.
"I think my point is I didn't feel that they were criticizing phan shippers or criticising the audience for wanting them to do things that would be entertaining. It was more like they were explaining why they don't do things we want them to do all the time and just exploring and discussing the theme."
In what i've yet seen described of the show that explanation is not literally said by Dan or Phil either, so it's also just an interpretation about what they mean to say.
This is one of the points i was bringing up in my first post: what's described so far is very general and ambiguous enough to be open to a lot of different interpretations, and I'm not sure if that is what they intended.

I'm happy to continue the conversation with "educated" and "uneducated" fans alike, since I think it's fun to hear and talk different opinions of what they are wanting to say, and I am confident nobody on this forum has a direct line to either Dan and Phil so we're all just constantly speculating and forming our own opinions on what they say and do ;)

This show has a message which the last one didn't have. Right in the beginning Dan says we can't just say whatever we want about Dan and Phil and expect there to be no consequences. They emphasize the last bit over and over again through out the entire show. Whatever we do as an audience does impact them, even if we don't think it does. Before the stimulation, Dan says that we can't treat them like Sim characters, they are real people with feelings. They also, kinda talk about persona, what we see on camera is them just an exaggerated version since they're trying to be entertaining. Dan also brought up people wanting him to be "soft" during the wholesome howell/ xrated lester, and people saying "we love character development" after the wholesome howell meme took off
I believe that dc34 meant TATINOF didn't have a message like that, not that it differs between II shows. The script of the show doesn't change, and everything they described (fantastic post, btw, dc34!) is repeated in every II show. It's also very firmly both Dan and Phil delivering that message; Phil has examples similar to Dan's. Going more spoilery under the cut.

The narrative of the show is definitely interesting, but it's not some kind of new revelation. The segments of the show are woven around the following: getting to know the audience, discussing individual audience members vs mob mentality, exploring the dichotomy of Dan and Phil's personas vs personalities (with the underlined conclusion that their youtube presence is very much themselves, but themselves being entertaining) and then the connection between Dan and Phil. They have monologues to match with each game/interaction of the show that tie them in.

They give specific examples that do not involve their romantic relationship: people wanting Dan to be less depressing, and Phil not changing his hair because he thought the audience wouldn't want him to. The debate there is be yourself vs be what viewers want; Dan defended his right to make death jokes to cope, Phil did do his hair in the end. The moral, if you are trying to draw one there, seems to be that while they hear the vocal expression of their audience that in the end... they do exactly what they want to anyway. They hear us, but we do not control them because in the end their behavior reflects what they want.

Therefore to conclude that the people who think they are a couple is a "suffocating narrative" kind of falls flat. By your logic, following their message, they'd be vocally telling us they aren't together right now with the same regularity that Phil quiffs it up and Dan makes depressing jokes. And I'm sure you'll argue that they do, but - the majority of us aren't quite catching those signals you get from them.
dc34
glabella

I'm not as articulate, but basically what @alittledizzy said is what I got out of my show, so thanks for explaining my spoiler so well :D

Also, @bluewho I agree I didn't feel attacked at all, it is a discussion that needed to be had so I'm glad they made that the overall theme of their show. It was made in a funny way, I was laughing the entire time
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Adding my two cents - when I read recaps of the show all of the discourse sounded a lot heavier than it actually is and I started getting swept up in all of the panic about this being "the end" of DnP but when I actually saw the show it was fun and very surface level - I came out of the show feeling more positive about them.
apathy
sad dimple

I won't pretend to know exactly what they were trying to say, but Dan mentioning people being happy at his "improvement" with the wholesome thing very strongly made me think of people who say "I want D&P to be more real with us!" but when you see their reactions to various situations, it starts to become clear that what they really mean is "I want D&P to be more like who I imagine they really are!" And that may or may not be at all connected to reality, leading to angry responses when things are misinterpreted (or over interpreted).

That was kind of how I saw some of the deal with the wholesome/soft thing at least. Some people were cheering that yay, finally Dan's being more open and "real" instead of being sarcastic all the time! Except he wasn't... he didn't consider that at all who he really was.

In a weird way, this is why I found it kind of sad that "pastel" won the plushie poll. Given the options, the audience voted for the most fake, fantasy version of D&P as what they wanted to represent them.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Dude, @Stakhanov, your fixation on Dan is making your judgment totally biased and it's such a bummer having to read walls of convoluted text basically saying that the majority of us are idiots being manipulated at the expense of d&p's own happiness, because you have rationalised in your own head that Dan is the sweet melancholy king of kings and we are blind morons to believe that a lowly pleb like Phil could ever capture his sexual and romantic attention -um, I mean, because they denied it 5 years ago. :roll:
No need to push so hard against it, us thinking they're a couple doesn't make it any more or less real, it shouldn't automatically ruin your Dankhanov fantasies. :tu:

but really. Dan and Phil notoriously lie about all kinds of things, even to this day. Why would any of us take their (completely over the top btw, borderline homophobic) 2012/3 responses as the holiest of holy phan text when there are mountains of evidence and clues indicating otherwise, before and after? (Also logic? And context? Who they've shown they are as ytubers?)

I'm not in the business of censoring people or dictating what others think (also mods would launch my ass into outer space probs), I just take offence to being condescended to in a place where generally people are very nice and there's a common baseline of joy and enthusiasm about d&p. :shrug:

Anyway, I just needed to say that. Will skip certain posts to keep it fun and light in the future, and shall return when they actually give us something new to discuss. :ribena:
dc34
glabella

Amiaw wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:19 pm Adding my two cents - when I read recaps of the show all of the discourse sounded a lot heavier than it actually is and I started getting swept up in all of the panic about this being "the end" of DnP but when I actually saw the show it was fun and very surface level - I came out of the show feeling more positive about them.
I agree, sorry if in my post I wasn't clear enough with it. Its just so much happened and it was a lot to type out on here so I just picked one thing to talk about. Funnily enough I spoke more about the funny bits on my twitter, but I felt with what's in the spoiler would spark a conversation, which it did :thumb: . I feel like deppy's bond is so strong, and it was just reaffirmed in this show. My only regret was not going to the San Diego show as well, since I really loved the show :cry:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

dc34 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:11 pm I'm not as articulate, but basically what @alittledizzy said is what I got out of my show, so thanks for explaining my spoiler so well :D

Also, @bluewho I agree I didn't feel attacked at all, it is a discussion that needed to be had so I'm glad they made that the overall theme of their show. It was made in a funny way, I was laughing the entire time
ah DC, thanks for clarifying that ;) I misunderstood you then.
phanfckingtastic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:35 pm Dude, @Stakhanov, your fixation on Dan is making your judgment totally biased and it's such a bummer having to read walls of convoluted text basically saying that the majority of us are idiots being manipulated at the expense of d&p's own happiness, because you have rationalised in your own head that Dan is the sweet melancholy king of kings and we are blind morons to believe that a lowly pleb like Phil could ever capture his sexual and romantic attention -um, I mean, because they denied it 5 years ago. :roll:
No need to push so hard against it, us thinking they're a couple doesn't make it any more or less real, it shouldn't automatically ruin your Dankhanov fantasies. :tu:

but really. Dan and Phil notoriously lie about all kinds of things, even to this day. Why would any of us take their (completely over the top btw, borderline homophobic) 2012/3 responses as the holiest of holy phan text when there are mountains of evidence and clues indicating otherwise, before and after? (Also logic? And context? Who they've shown they are as ytubers?)

I'm not in the business of censoring people or dictating what others think (also mods would launch my ass into outer space probs), I just take offence to being condescended to in a place where generally people are very nice and there's a common baseline of joy and enthusiasm about d&p. :shrug:

Anyway, I just needed to say that. Will skip certain posts to keep it fun and light in the future, and shall return when they actually give us something new to discuss. :ribena:
Wow, hold your horses cowboy. I'm not sure what your fixation on my love life is but I'd appreciate you keeping any fantasies about me and Dan out of this. My arguments aren't about Dan, so i have no idea what you're implying here but your rant about what you think i think of your or others is totally inappropriate and quite rude. Please refrain from calling people 'idiots' and 'morons' and please don't pretend you know the slightest of what is 'in my head'. Keep it civil and maybe read the forum's rules, or I will report you and expect the rules to be applied fairly. It sounds a lot as if you're directly trying to attack me there, I was just giving my opinion as other people give there opinion and we are all free to express our thoughts politely.
Now if you feel it's such a bummer to read my posts, you're free to move on. I'm not served reading your sassy replies and weird fantasies about Dankhanov or whatever you've conjured up in your mind either, and care even less about you putting a whole lot of words in my mouth.
bluewho
truth bomb

phanfckingtastic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:35 pm Dude, @Stakhanov, your fixation on Dan is making your judgment totally biased and it's such a bummer having to read walls of convoluted text basically saying that the majority of us are idiots being manipulated at the expense of d&p's own happiness, because you have rationalised in your own head that Dan is the sweet melancholy king of kings and we are blind morons to believe that a lowly pleb like Phil could ever capture his sexual and romantic attention -um, I mean, because they denied it 5 years ago. :roll:

I feel like this is quite inflammatory when @Stakhanov hasn't called anyone personally an idiot or a stupid sheep or whatever. He states his opinion and it usually conflicts with mine and a lot of the phandom's but he doesn't insult people or try and generate hosility and I don't think he deserves it. Also I ship Dankhanov
phanfckingtastic
living flop

I will absolutely not interact with you anymore. Sounds great. A final thought: the old projection is not a good look. I don't insert myself in fantasies about strangers, be it celebs or forum people. Besides, it wouldn't be necessary to fantasize, because you know we can read what you publicly post on a public online space, right? How you feel about Dan and how you think d&p are deceiving the public (aka us), in your own words? Sorry I made that explicit in one post, my bad.

And sorry to disagree, bluewho, but I think frequently telling a group of people when they're happily immersed in a communal discussion of certain events (and always aware we're all speculating) that their ideas are the intentional, designed product of targeted manipulation, is more hostile and insulting than bringing attention to the op's pattern in the first place. I guess I could've worded it better, that's true.

-

Also apologies to whoever is bored scrolling past this, my last ever post along these lines. I just love this space a lot and the cool things it generates. <3

*Leaves chanting Phil Merch, Phil Merch, Phil Merch* :impatient:
knq
lava lamp

Can anyone who makes gifs suggest a simple program I could download? I used to make gifs years ago but I’ve no idea what program I used. There are so many cute moments from old live shows I’d love to gif!

I kind of want to recap the entire mice in the London apartment saga. Dan and Phil are such good eggs. I’ve just watched one where Phil shows the new humane mousetrap he got. They put chocolate and peanuts in it and also a bit of water in case they catch a mouse and it’s thirsty. He has to check it every two hours because the mouse might get scared.

Guys. Guys. <3

Phil shared his chocolate with a mouse. Phil shared chocolate. Phil.

Also idk how we feel about saving the IG stories of merch crew, so check out lauren.koontz story for Phil applauding shuffleboard and sarahhhftw for what may or may not be half a second of Dan’s voice in the background.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

phanfckingtastic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:08 pm *Leaves chanting Phil Merch, Phil Merch, Phil Merch* :impatient:
Didn't he say during the liveshow that the countdown would start on Wednesday?? Philll, throw us a bone here, please