Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

popping in after 10 million years, not to add anything to the current Discourse, but to say that yesterday i made the brownies from their 2012 baking video for the children in a refugee family that my mom works with a lot and they were fucking SCRUMPTIOUS the kids loved them so. thank you deppy for that. has anyone else ever actually made any of their baking recipes? i think i want to try the easter nests next, i always thought they looked really yummy.

(this is basically "let's talk about houseplants" as a post i'm not sorry)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ahem, Phil we have a lot more than moose here (contrary to his Twitter reply, the plural of moose is moose which feels wrong to write). In expecting a lot of touristy Canada jokes tomorrow, and probably some cringey jokes about the Queen, but we'll see lol

And I made their pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies in 2016 and they were delicious! I didn't use fondant like they did because...yuck, but they were really good with vanilla butter icing. If you're into spiced treats I definitely recommend making them.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 am popping in after 10 million years, not to add anything to the current Discourse, but to say that yesterday i made the brownies from their 2012 baking video for the children in a refugee family that my mom works with a lot and they were fucking SCRUMPTIOUS the kids loved them so. thank you deppy for that. has anyone else ever actually made any of their baking recipes? i think i want to try the easter nests next, i always thought they looked really yummy.

that sounds sweet (pardon the pun)! i havent personally tried any of their baking recipes as i barely bake myself but id like to try at some point. also id rather "lets talk about houseplants" than contribute to the discourse that keeps popping up once every couple months or so with the same exact arguments...so yes, lets talking about baking and houseplants

also phil, we barely have any moose down here...maybe further up north but nah. altho we do have a beaver pond near my work where we take the kids to go for walks but ive only ever seen it once and im glad i took a video of it cz theyre very elusive lol. i do hope they go full on tourist during their stay in vancouver, we have a lot of nice parks with good scenery, not to mention walking along the seawall near dusk is quite cough nice cough....i just need more domestic/romantic insta stories pls
"you are next to me in my life"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I've made Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Cookies more than once, and everyone loves them! I actually don't ice them at all, though I'm sure a vanilla icing would be lovely.

Vancouver is lovely too. Very much a West Coast of North America city, but with a definite dose of British mixed in. And of course lovely in all the ways Canada is lovely. :love2: (I visited Vancouver regularly for a while, and I miss it.)
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
nigel ratburn

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:10 am
And I made their pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies in 2016 and they were delicious! I didn't use fondant like they did because...yuck, but they were really good with vanilla butter icing. If you're into spiced treats I definitely recommend making them.
lefthandedism wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:28 am I've made Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Cookies more than once, and everyone loves them! I actually don't ice them at all, though I'm sure a vanilla icing would be lovely.
oooh yes i will have to make those! i'll definitely frost them or just leave them bare instead of using fondant (cream cheese frosting, maybe?) but i love pretty much anything with cloves in it so those are a must.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

@nigel ratburn aww!!! that's amazing! i've never baked anything from their videos but i'd like to find a vegan/gluten free alternative though bc my sister's allergies.

speaking of moose meese we have a lot of those in the Maritimes. at least where i live in the middle of nowhere. storytime: 3 years ago i was in the car with my friend and her mom and as we drove past the hospital, there was a baby moose (don't let 'baby' fool you, they are sizeable to an adult cow)
edit: okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but young moose are still BIG
running around loose in the parking lot.
another instance was last May, in the car with the same friend and her mom, it was about 10pm and they were driving me home. as we reached my street, out of nowhere, an adult moose almost ran in front of the car but LUCKILY her mom swerved (barely. like last second cause it was dark). we were so close to hitting it and in case you didn't know, that would have probably injured us at best... (not clickbait) moose may seem wholesome and a Canadian staple, but they are D E A D L Y.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Winston
flower crown

Every time I see a moose I am amazed at how huge they are! I don't live in Canada, but there are moose in the US in some places. Moose and Bear in the wild are always amazing to see no matter how often one sees them. (I assume anyway) Deppy would sh*t bricks if they actually saw one wandering down the street. I would pay someone big bucks to film that. :lol:

I always want to shake them when they use that terrible premade fondant icing. It's so disgusting I wish they would at least try to make (or at least buy) good frosting. I hope we get a Halloween baking vid this year. Although I think a Christmas Baking video would be a treat and a half. I won't hold my breath on that if they do a gamingmas again. I just rewatched 2016's gamingmas and it was fantastic. I forgot how much I liked it. :love2:
actions speak louder than words
lesterchuu
philussy

@ratlad oh jesus, i knew moose can get really big but i didnt know how big their younguns are actually. but yes, ive heard stories of cars being dented and people getting severely injured from hitting one of these majestic creatures so i dont doubt this at all (and pray this never happens to me)
ratlad
angel bean

ame wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:18 am @ratlad oh jesus, i knew moose can get really big but i didnt know how big their younguns are actually. but yes, ive heard stories of cars being dented and people getting severely injured from hitting one of these majestic creatures so i dont doubt this at all (and pray this never happens to me)
there's usually road signs saying if moose/deer are around the area, but i live surrounded by trees and fields and not one moose sign is found anywhere. once a looooong time ago my mom woke up to a male moose just standing in front of our house in the backyard one morning and then walked away back into the woods.
this isn't dnp related anymore but phil has a thing for moose from what i've learned over the years. i miss the announcement moose. moose isn't a real word anymore.
obvsly
#relatable

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 am popping in after 10 million years, not to add anything to the current Discourse, but to say that yesterday i made the brownies from their 2012 baking video for the children in a refugee family that my mom works with a lot and they were fucking SCRUMPTIOUS the kids loved them so. thank you deppy for that. has anyone else ever actually made any of their baking recipes? i think i want to try the easter nests next, i always thought they looked really yummy.

what a wholesome top-of-the-page post this is! I love the story and I appreciate what your family did so much. :love2:

Going back to the gift shirts discussion a little, I think keeping them is actually something they have always done? I believe they try to keep everything that doesn't take up too much space but they just needed to say don't bring gifts to prevent being drowned in them. Two of the most notable fan shirts they wear would be these two from koreinkorein, I just love how she told the story :lol: :
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

So I was looking for an old video to watch with dinner on my youtube home page because I usually have some of my faves recommended to me, and I decided to click on danisnotonfirevyou1's anxiety thing/dog story liveshow compilation from Nov 25th, 2014 because I remembered seeing it like once and I was curious about what it was. Anyway, that lead me to sausage fest from Dec 9th, 2014, which I clicked on purely because it was the first video recommended after anxiety thing/dog story, and because it's 4:20 mins long and I'm mature. Anyway, all this backstory aside, I found a few bits of the compilation very interesting.

At around 0:11, someone asked Dan if he'd seen Connor Franta's coming out video, which had been uploaded the day before. I'm sure people latched onto Dan saying he was so happy for Connor and cried back when this liveshow was hot, but I couldn't help finding him saying "it was so adorable, the way that [Connor] sincerely said that he wants everybody to just be happy with who they are, I was like *crying face* yes!" really sweet <3

Another bit I found particularly interesting was at around 1:14 when someone asked his opinion on Kalel Cullen and Anthony Padilla's break up. I was with him as he was saying that they're two adults who he believes are making the right decision for their lives as two adults and that he's happy that they're happier now, until at 1:26 when he starts going on about how scary that stuff is, and how "it shows how emotionally invested people can get [in celebrity/influencer relationships]". He goes on to talk about how entitled those people can get with their opinions about a relationship that they weren't apart of before saying that it's "scary" again.

I find his choice of words and body language in that moment so interesting, especially with how 2018 phan seems to be. I think at this time both of them were getting ready to figure out how their lives were going to change with the up coming book and tour they had planned for the following year, and how they were going to move forward with their relationship in the public eye. "Scary", which Dan repeats twice, is what really caught my attention though. It must be terrifying to have such a personal part of your life broadcasted so publicly, and I think his comment about people getting so invested and often entitled is what got me. This is definitely me reaching with my phan goggles firmly strapped on (when are they not though? lol), but it obviously made me think about phan and their choice to be private about their relationship from the beginning. I mean, Charlie and Stephen's relationship was very public back in the day and very publicly messy at the end, which could have definitely made the desire to stay private more ideal. Also I guess being private while still essentially living your life online has it's benefits (and god knows people just...weren't as willing to share real and personal information about themselves back then as they are now, like I'm pretty sure Phil never told the internet his last name until late 2009). I'm going to stop it there because I'm feeling sleepy and I'd rather not type out some non-sensical phan stuff to save myself from sounding like a complete fool, but if anyone wants to correct me or add on, by all means go for it. I just think it's super interesting to look back at moments in old liveshows with where we are now. It gives different contexts and meanings to a lot of things, and maybe that's some extreme reaching, but I find it fascinating.

Oh, and the last moment from that video I wanted to mention was at 2:06, when Dan made another one of his famous freudian slips word flubs, saying "to-gay" instead of "today", which I found amusing.
Winston
flower crown

Not only two "scary" but also a terrifying. this is something they had both mentioned a few times I believe. Not the scary thing, but the keeping somethings out of the platform/out of the content. things such as relationships and more personal information. I agree that it is probably a good idea for most people. And we all know deppy are pretty private so for them it makes complete sense, not only for those reasons but many more.

Although sometimes I think that too would be taxing on vloggers, not sharing such large parts of their lives. Now, tho, it happens a lot (maybe in the past too but I'm not sure). Maybe not the absence of acknowledging a relationship but keeping some things out of the public eye. Jimmy0010 won't have his bf on youtube. He made a video about it which I very much liked, and he had good points about the subject. Louise rarely shows her bf for many of the same reasons. Rose and Rosey also made a statement about why they no longer kiss on camera. Jacklyn Hill and her hubs are getting a divorce and she didn't have him in many vids but spoke often of him. (just for some examples, I know there are many more)

Having to make the 'breaking up' video must be some of the most heart-wrenching things to film then of course edit. Not only do they have to deal with the reality of the breaking down of a relationship, but then they have to make a stupid video to tell their fans. I think it would be bad enough to have friends and family try and give advice or put in their two cents but then have millions of strangers watch, then comment on it. Having opinions on things they really have no idea about what really goes on behind closed doors. Not only that but also feel like you let down millions of people to top it all off. Let alone yourself and the aforementioned family and friends. I totally agree it is a terrifying concept and worthy of never speaking outright about a relationship (if real).

Being open definitely has many drawbacks, but so does keeping secrets. I am sure the pros and cons lists have been made by many a youtuber about coming clean about more personal aspects of relationships and lives in general. (if deppy is real) I assume the boys have made so many of these lists they could paper the walls of the lounge with them since we all know such Pros and cons lists are something they do for mundane things like snacks to eat while watching a movie. I don't think it is extreme reaching, and it is interesting to think about. Not only about how deppy would think but about anybody really. The idea of so many people brought into any kind of relationship would be adding pressure where it is unneeded. (it's late this possibly makes no sense whatsoever but I decided to add my thoughts, twisty-turny as they are :ribena: )

*also I can't remember how to just insert a link as opposed to the vid thumbnail, it's been 84 years since I've been on here and I can barely IDB anymore. :cry:
actions speak louder than words
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I've made the brownies a couple of times and it's become my go-to recipe and also the standard I base all other brownies on. I might try the pumpkin spice cookies this year, if I can find the ingredients.

Also here's my daily request for Phil's merch :waiting: Or even just the announcement for phil's merch. I'm willing to bribe with pictures of my houseplants :cactus:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Jimmy hits the nail on the head imo. I don't see a single bad point, maybe besides that he says "default expectation" to show our boyfriend is a recent thing. I'm not so sure about that, I think people were always curious about youtubers' private relationship. In the broader media culture i'm familiar with, the tendency to ask more private questions to public figures has been going on since at least the mid 90's (and probably long before). Public figures also just are more open than a couple of decades back.

As a youtube vlogger you can't escape the particularities of the medium. People like to think they share an intimate connection with the youtuber. Many vloggers came to prominence at a young age, without much experience or thinking on how to guard their privacy. They were "amateurs" that got propelled to huge success partly because of the rapid growth of the platform and through content that was highly personal and meant to break down walls between the creator and the audience - at least I feel that's the case for vloggers. "Watch my video, get to know me, I'm just a person sitting in my bedroom with a camera".

If Dan and Phil are in a relationship, I would be scared of sharing that too. Yes, there are drawbacks in not sharing parts of your life, but for me at least the arguments against it outweigh the benefits. It comes down to your own personality and preferences I guess. There's two aspects Jimmy touches on that resonate with me strongly. You don't want to commodify your relationship, i'd like it to be nothing like a working relationship and the idea that any sort of business interest could gain even a toehold, feels gross to me. But most of all: if your partner isn't particularly fond of the idea, why would you try convince them? They're not the youtuber, you are.

That's the theory but muddy reality creates all kinds of problems :mrgreen: I feel like you're always going search for that balance. In most social relationships there are conflicting desires, interests and realities about what to share vs. what to keep private. If you choose to become a professional youtuber, those conflicts just get even more pronounced and broadcasted before an audience (of millions). I agree with Dan: it's scary. Especially if your basic attitude is that it's nobody's business (or at least not that of the internet's) what's going on with your partner.
If you take the long view starting from 2009, I feel like Dan and Phil have become much more guarded and professional about what they share, though they have also showed more openness in some ways. The big example of more openness would be Dan's overtures about his mental health. I found his remarks about how he was finally sharing 'a big part of his life we didn't know about" revealing in that respect. I respect him a lot for sharing that intimate part of his life, though i'm not confident it's "a smart move". Because more than zero people will do just what he fears: attack him for it, turn it into their own story, draw all sorts of conclusions about it which he doesn't want others to draw. In short it will always be with him.
Lest I be accused of ignoring half of the Holy Alliance, I think Phil has undergone his own evolution. He's perhaps become more open but in smaller ways. I feel like Phil is a more reserved person to start with, at least towards the public eye. He has said that he has become less shy, and what he is achieving with these world tours, constantly interacting with an audience, is a true feat for any person who isn't naturally inclined to seek the limelight. More recently I notice he reveals some more snippets of information about his personal life, his words about he had an offer to work for a studio but chose for an uncertain youtube career stuck with me. I'd like to hear much more of Phil, but I think he might not have quite the same desire to talk about himself as Dan has, who's compared him talking to us in liveshows as a subsitute to 'chats with friends' he doesn't often have but should have more :mrgreen:
Sadly his last show has been months ago, and the Rize stuff hasn't been of the same quality, imo :cry:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 pm I've never seen a "believer" attack an anti on the pure fact that they're an anti. You know, there's a difference between jokingly saying "wow is there even antis left in 2018 they must be quaking" and some antis going off about how people that believe dnp are together are manipulated bc dnp are lowkey queerbaiting and only care about money plus believing they're together is disrespectful and fetishizing them. Mind you this is all stuff that has been actually said over time, some of it even on this forum.
Really? Because I've been called homophobic, delusional and "probably not a real fan" for leaning towards them not dating. You used to get ridiculed for not believing in phan all the time, like it's so obvious you must be either homophobic or an idiot to not see it. I don't see how that's less harmful than antis claiming D&P are queerbaiting and calling shippers disrespectful (which is also stupid).

I've seen people claim the other side are all idiots and they alone know the truth left and right and I wish we could just agree that we really know jack shit about their private lives because they're very good at keeping it private. And yeah, that's exactly what's happening again right now. "If you don't believe it, you're not seeing the full picture." Yes, I am. I know the facts. I just interpret them a bit differently than you do and both of us can't know if we're right, this is literally not rocket sience.

Fighting over this is idiotic, there is no right or wrong as of now, you don't know, I don't know and we will all come to different conclusions that are probably also based on our own experiences. I get why @KatjaZoe doesn't believe it based on her own life, that makes sense to me. It also makes sense to me why others think they are dating. It's not that hard.
liola wrote:but I'll say one thing to the vday video: I don't know how anyone can think it's actually fake/a prank and continue to think they're genuine people. If one year from now they ended up showing undeniable proof that it was a prank (like showing a sequel video that if you plan a prank should be going with it) then my opinion on them would drastically change,
Really? That video is seven years old. They were very young when they made it. People change. I don't fucking care about that damn video anymore at this point, no matter what I think it means, because it is so old. I'm not gonna pin D&P down to a mistake made in 2011 (if it was a mistake) in the same way we're not pinning Dan down to his borderline homophobic ranting in 2012. It's history to me, they're not those people anymore. So what if the video was actually a prank? It was a bad idea and they realised that since they never had the intention of releasing that video in the first place. Why would my opinion of them have to change over a mistake nearly made seven years ago?

(And since we're loving context and seeing the full picture here today, I don't know what that video actually is but in context with what Youtube was in 2011 and how much our attitudes towards lgbtq people have changed since then, I think a prank would make sense. In the context of that time. It being a genuine love letter also makes sense to me though. I'm saying: I have no idea and I don't care enough about that video to form an actual opinion but both options make sense in their own way if you look at (or remember) what 2011/2012 was like on Youtube.)
phanfckingtastic
living flop

I find it impossible to think that either of them wouldn't have at least ONE video about being single, dating, relationships or anything along those lines -teen and childhood anecdotes don't count- if they had in fact been single for any period of time in the last 9 years. Especially prior to 2012 when they were still "civilians" (are you kidding me? Phil was directly asking viewers to take him out on dates just a few months before he met Dan).
Tyler Oakley is another very private person on yt that comes to mind, but he eventually released a book where he talks about his relationships, and used to at least make jokes or little references to dates or single life until he recently mentioned in passing that he now has a boyfriend. It wouldn't even be necessary for d&p to individually come out to mention, even if indirectly, ANY aspect of love and sex etc in their own lives but pretty much until this year the way they avoided those topics painted them like some kind of ken doll super celibate monks.

That's why "agnostic phans" that question if they're still together instead of if they were ever together at all seem more reasonable to me. D&P's initial public online interactions and the marked shift that followed in 2009 in their social media after meeting irl is just so obvious imo. That's if you don't think of them as master manipulators, of course.

-

Another day without Phil merch news. Not even a countdown. So sad. *sigh* They better give us some cute koala 2.0 footage at least :please:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
liola
rankussy

Katka wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 am
liola wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 pm I've never seen a "believer" attack an anti on the pure fact that they're an anti. You know, there's a difference between jokingly saying "wow is there even antis left in 2018 they must be quaking" and some antis going off about how people that believe dnp are together are manipulated bc dnp are lowkey queerbaiting and only care about money plus believing they're together is disrespectful and fetishizing them. Mind you this is all stuff that has been actually said over time, some of it even on this forum.
Really? Because I've been called homophobic, delusional and "probably not a real fan" for leaning towards them not dating. You used to get ridiculed for not believing in phan all the time, like it's so obvious you must be either homophobic or an idiot to not see it. I don't see how that's less harmful than antis claiming D&P are queerbaiting and calling shippers disrespectful (which is also stupid).

I've seen people claim the other side are all idiots and they alone know the truth left and right and I wish we could just agree that we really know jack shit about their private lives because they're very good at keeping it private. And yeah, that's exactly what's happening again right now. "If you don't believe it, you're not seeing the full picture." Yes, I am. I know the facts. I just interpret them a bit differently than you do and both of us can't know if we're right, this is literally not rocket sience.

Fighting over this is idiotic, there is no right or wrong as of now, you don't know, I don't know and we will all come to different conclusions that are probably also based on our own experiences. I get why @KatjaZoe doesn't believe it based on her own life, that makes sense to me. It also makes sense to me why others think they are dating. It's not that hard.
liola wrote:but I'll say one thing to the vday video: I don't know how anyone can think it's actually fake/a prank and continue to think they're genuine people. If one year from now they ended up showing undeniable proof that it was a prank (like showing a sequel video that if you plan a prank should be going with it) then my opinion on them would drastically change,
Really? That video is seven years old. They were very young when they made it. People change. I don't fucking care about that damn video anymore at this point, no matter what I think it means, because it is so old. I'm not gonna pin D&P down to a mistake made in 2011 (if it was a mistake) in the same way we're not pinning Dan down to his borderline homophobic ranting in 2012. It's history to me, they're not those people anymore. So what if the video was actually a prank? It was a bad idea and they realised that since they never had the intention of releasing that video in the first place. Why would my opinion of them have to change over a mistake nearly made seven years ago?

(And since we're loving context and seeing the full picture here today, I don't know what that video actually is but in context with what Youtube was in 2011 and how much our attitudes towards lgbtq people have changed since then, I think a prank would make sense. In the context of that time. It being a genuine love letter also makes sense to me though. I'm saying: I have no idea and I don't care enough about that video to form an actual opinion but both options make sense in their own way if you look at (or remember) what 2011/2012 was like on Youtube.)
I don't know how to quote different parts sorry i'll just reply to the big bulk:

- Like I said, I haven't seen it, not JUST for the sake of being anti. I've seen people call some antis homophobic, but that's because the reasoning they used were downright homophobic or really fucking disrespectful, to the point of saying Phil is "too ugly" for Dan or the whole "two guys can live together without being gay". This was also a couple of years ago, as well. I don't doubt there's instances where some antis are being called out for the pure sake of it, I haven't come across it in my own corner of the internet; however, as I've always been a shipper and involved in the "shipping" side, I've seen much more the opposite (again, way more often a couple of years ago than now, but it still happens. And I usually see it because it happens as awful anons to lovely people I follow who then defend themselves).

How is you saying that the video is seven years old different than "believers" (at this point i'll keep using this term even though I hate it, but I don't think shippers quite fit the dynamic) saying that antis who still latch onto stuff they said online in 2012 isn't correct? Cause you say people are not pinning Dan down for his homophobic behaviour in 2012 but they actually still do. Whenever someone even suggest that Dan is not straight, which at this point isn't even a suggestion, there are tons of screaming people accusing the person of being an asshole and that Dan would hate it,referencing 2012.

I agree that "fighting" over it is stupid, but to be honest I don't feel like we're fighting? I think I've been fairly polite, though if it came across differently I apologize, I was really tired last night.

This is a conversation that has been happening at least once a month and will keep happening, I'm sure. I don't care to convince anyone. It just really fucking sucks whenever someone pops in to comment, whether jokingly or not, that Dan and Phil feel forced by the shippers and hate it, and all they do is fake and forced because they only care about money and everyone that thinks otherwise is being manipulated. After a while it gets old. You can be anti, agnostic or just not care, and I will not tell you you're wrong and I?m right cause, it's true, we don't know for sure. We can assume by looking at the big picture and even then it's up to interpretation (even though I still think that if the majority see something, chances are that something will be the truth but it's not an exact science and people can make mistakes).

What I don't like is to discuss for two days whether or not we're manipulated by dan and phil because I commented how cute it is that they manage to still enjoy each other's company even after spending 24/7 together, because that's what started this thing that then turned into a bigger argument.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

I’ve made the pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies. The recipe under the video doesn’t quite work, there is far too much flour and you end up with a ton of quite bland floury cookies. (60-60 biscuits!) Quite ridiculously I have made the mistake of trying to make them twice and found the same issue each time. I had alarm bells each time when I poured 41/2 cups of flours in the bowl to start with but carried on with making them and you can barely give them away after people have eaten the first!
liola
rankussy

Sunshine wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 pm

I’ve made the pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies. The recipe under the video doesn’t quite work, there is far too much flour and you end up with a ton of quite bland floury cookies. (60-60 biscuits!) Quite ridiculously I have made the mistake of trying to make them twice and found the same issue each time. I had alarm bells each time when I poured 41/2 cups of flours in the bowl to start with but carried on with making them and you can barely give them away after people have eaten the first!
I haven't tried making them cause I hate cinnamon but when I look at the ingredients it doesn't seem like too much flour? One 3/4 cup is around 90grams so it would be a bit more than 350grams and that seems reasonable to me?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote:How is you saying that the video is seven years old different than "believers" (at this point i'll keep using this term even though I hate it, but I don't think shippers quite fit the dynamic) saying that antis who still latch onto stuff they said online in 2012 isn't correct?
It's not different at all, that's what I'm saying. We need to let 2012 go but we also need to let that video go imo. Neither proves anything in 2018 because a lot of time has passed and both D&P are different people now.
liola wrote:Whenever someone even suggest that Dan is not straight, which at this point isn't even a suggestion, there are tons of screaming people accusing the person of being an asshole and that Dan would hate it,referencing 2012.
Yeah, I know, it's horrible. Dan has made pretty clear that he is not straight and using comments he made six years ago when he was also pretty much scared to death of his growing fame and the backlash to the video leak isn't fair on him or the phandom at all. Maybe I'm just lucky not to know these people but I feel like this happens a lot less though. But I don't know, maybe I just don't see it happening.

I didn't mean you personally when I said "fighting" (or @Ablissa btw), we're not fighting. I meant like... the different fractions of the phandom need to stop fighting about it in general and just accept each other's opinions on this as long as we have no clear answers. (And tbh, if it turns out they're together you can tell me "I told you so" all day long because I'd love it if they actually were. :D)
liola wrote:What I don't like is to discuss for two days whether or not we're manipulated by dan and phil because I commented how cute it is that they manage to still enjoy each other's company even after spending 24/7 together, because that's what started this thing that then turned into a bigger argument.
Agreed. Whatever Dan and Phil have, it's real and it is what it is. I can't grasp how people get the idea they're manipulating us either. :roll:
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Sunshine wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 pm

i haven't tried them myself but am curious about where you went wrong. i took the ingredients list in the description (which is lifted from Sorted) and compared it to the one dan says in the video. other than deppy halving the recipe, converting cup measurements to grams and adding a few more spices, there don't seem to be significant change (afaik), and yet theirs seem to turn out pretty well. now i want to know more about lefthandedism's successful baking adventures, because i like to bake but sadly am no stranger to kitchen mishaps :spy: :oops:
original:
4¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1½ teaspoons ground ginger
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1¾ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup light or dark molasses

deppy's version:
300 grams plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
115 grams unsalted butter (room temp)
175 grams granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cactus
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
85 grams dark molasses/black treacle
why yes i am bored and procrastinating; how did you know?

edit i tagged the wrong person fml
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Not for the faint of heart or easily traumatized.
I mean like... I hope it's just something that an anon thought would be a funny ask and not real but... oh lord I wouldn't want t be anyone in that situation.
update: definitely fake, but still hilarious and mildly traumatic at the same time.
nigel ratburn

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:33 pm Not for the faint of heart or easily traumatized.
I mean like... I hope it's just something that an anon thought would be a funny ask and not real but... oh lord I wouldn't want t be anyone in that situation.
update: definitely fake, but still hilarious and mildly traumatic at the same time.
i read that yesterday and thought it was hilarious, but i am VERY relieved that it is fake for the sake of all parties involved, lol.
ratlad
angel bean

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:26 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:33 pm Not for the faint of heart or easily traumatized.
i read that yesterday and thought it was hilarious, but i am VERY relieved that it is fake for the sake of all parties involved, lol.
i sent that to my sister yesterday before they revealed it was fake, and i just hear my sister SCREAM from her room, like literally YELLING.... i'm so glad they were just kidding, i wouldn't be surprised though if it was real. i felt sooo bad..
lesterchuu
philussy

ohmygod i saw this yesterday and i cry-laughed so hard, even if its potentially fake, i still wouldve felt bad for anyone who had gone through that

people...this is why you need to keep your nsfw stash at home locked in a box hidden under your bed- wait that sounds familiar

---

also editing this so i dont double post:
i really found this cute but also had a thought or more like a reminder that these two grown ass men are....pretty capable of carrying each other and is in fact really strong? like weve seen it during the pinofs where dan fireman carried phil or when phil effortlessly caught dan during their trust exercise, or even the yoga bit they did

they always play up being "useless in a fight" or "would probably die in an emergency" so in my head i had unfairly stereotyped them as big babies (sorry), but now i really want one of them to princess carry the other. idk, just a thought