Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

just saw that phil liked this and i'm emotional :'((( i love friendship

edit: top of the page twice in a row oh no i'm SO SORRY
knq
lava lamp

Dan and Phil have been quiet. Too quiet. The last time they were quiet they gave us a 15 minute warning before going on Rize. I have trauma from that. I don’t trust them.

I imagine they’re tired though, and Rize seems to be fairly consistently a Tuesday or Thursday thing. Do you think they’ll be going back to London between Canada and Australia? They do have a week off, right? Maybe they’ll go cuddle some koalas again. :love2:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

watsonian wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 pm Dan and Phil have been quiet. Too quiet. The last time they were quiet they gave us a 15 minute warning before going on Rize. I have trauma from that. I don’t trust them.

I imagine they’re tired though, and Rize seems to be fairly consistently a Tuesday or Thursday thing. Do you think they’ll be going back to London between Canada and Australia? They do have a week off, right? Maybe they’ll go cuddle some koalas again. :love2:
It's only about a 3 hour drive from Seattle to Vancouver, so they could have waited until this morning to travel (though I'm thinking that's unlikely but idk. Sarah from the merch team posted a delayed story with a 3 am timestamp so they really could have driven up at any time). I doubt they'd do a liveshow today, and they definitely aren't going back to London as they said in the August 2nd liveshow that they're doing an 18 hour direct flight from Vancouver to Melbourne.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 pm just saw that phil liked this and i'm emotional :'((( i love friendship

edit: top of the page twice in a row oh no i'm SO SORRY
aww wirrow :')
also its ok, this is a really wholesome top of the page post and thanks for posting it so shhhh its ok :platonic:
"you are next to me in my life"
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

ame wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:07 pm
i really found this cute but also had a thought or more like a reminder that these two grown ass men are....pretty capable of carrying each other and is in fact really strong? like weve seen it during the pinofs where dan fireman carried phil or when phil effortlessly caught dan during their trust exercise, or even the yoga bit they did

they always play up being "useless in a fight" or "would probably die in an emergency" so in my head i had unfairly stereotyped them as big babies (sorry), but now i really want one of them to princess carry the other. idk, just a thought
There’s that photo from the bleeding llama dance party video, the slowed down version is slow enough that you can pause it. I’ve been looking for an excuse to bring it up lol I can go find it later

edit: here it is. the video shows up if you search for dan and phil get down
lesterchuu
philussy

@nøx oh shit, i totally forgot about that video thanks for reminding me (also that video was......ahem, something else)
alien
procrastinator

I ended up rewriting my m&g experience because it's so fun to go through it again in my head. To see my pictures and read my original (probably shorter) post you can go to my tumblr. I'd rather keep my pictures just on tumblr if I can. https://lazy-phan.tumblr.com/post/17677 ... from-my-mg
So anytime I think back to my m&g experience I just laugh at myself because I honestly was not expecting to react the way that I did. I’m between Dan and Phil in age, have been watching a long time but haven’t been involved in following them outside of just their videos or involved with phandom until last year sometime. I don’t know if that’s important or not but although I was very excited since tickets went on sale 9 months ago I also felt like we were on equal footing. I’ve never felt like they were some unattainable celebrity or that they weren’t real people. But for some reason when they suddenly turned to me to say hi and wave hello I completely lost my cool. I didn’t freak out on them or anything but I was suddenly this fumbling, very quiet, shy woman who needed to be guided through the whole thing lol. The funniest part to me about my reaction to them is that out of a whole list of things I could have said to them that had real meaning I instead said, “It’s weird that you guys are real.” WTF. Like, obviously they’re real. I’ve never had that thought before. I don’t know why that’s what my brain decided to say. And bless Phil, in true Phil Lester fashion said, “Well, I think we’re real.” and patted his chest. :rofl:

As they handed me back the card I had signed I also put my phone away??? And Dan asked if I wanted a picture?? Like my poor brain just couldn’t handle being in front of them I was so silly hahah. So I took my phone out and I literally fumbled with it and Dan tried to just take it out of my hands to do it himself because obviously he knows how to work an iphone. Then Phil said I should get between them for the picture and I was just so glad they were on top of everything and guided the whole experience because I was just out of it lol.

And that was it. My impressions of them were that they were such genuinely nice people. I’ve been to a tv convention before with tv actors and it really felt like it was all about the money. That as people we didn’t matter so much as individuals but that’s not at all the case with dnp. I watched them with the girl in front of me and they were so sweet and gentle and engaged with her. They look you in your eyes, if you have something to say they listen and respond. It really seemed like they realize how important those experiences are for the people there and they don’t take that responsibility lightly.

Other impressions, I couldn’t get over how much of a Grown Man Phil actually is. He lets his inner child out so much in videos and in his online persona (which I adore) but irl he was so calm and his voice seemed deeper and he just had the presence of a Grown Man. Dan, otoh, will always be 2009 Dan to me. I don’t mean that to say he hasn’t grown or matured or been through a lot but he is just so boyish to me. And meeting him in person I was like wow you are a giant boy. He was so smiley. I don’t know how else to put it. They were both so chill and calm in a way I wasn’t expecting but they were also so welcoming. I was expecting some nervous energy from one or both of them but there wasn’t any of that from either of them. Lastly, I know it’s obvious that they are tall but I genuinely felt so tiny next to them. I’m 5’6” which I think is pretty average but I just felt so small next to them and I don’t experience that too often around other people.
Overall, it was such a good experience. It was short and I was a fool but I was so happy afterwards and any time I think about it it makes me smile.
I don’t know that I actually processed anything they were saying during the intro of the show when I was sat there because even though I’d met them earlier it was still so bizarre to have them right in front of me on a stage performing. I remember being so proud of them for going beyond just youtube videos and performing live on stage to a (almost full) theatre of people. And they were so in their element. I know they have many many shows under their belts but I really believe they were truly meant for something like this. They were so present and engaged with the audience and also with each other. Early on in the tour I got a sense from reading through some of the show reviews and stuff that this was a finale of some sort. But I didn’t get that at all from seeing the show live. I also can’t imagine that this will be their last tour. I know Dan has said that there won’t be another but...they are so good onstage. They each have a very different stage presence. With some acting classes I really could see Dan doing theatre (if he wanted to obvs) because he looks so good on stage, he carries himself so well, he’s articulate, and those freaking dimples can be seen from across the room. When the spotlight hit him all I saw was dimples lol. And Phil has good stage presence as well but not in the same kind of theatrical way Dan does. And he’s just so funny without throwing it in your face that what he’s said/done is supposed to be a joke. I’m personally not a fan of game shows but he really could be a great host of some sort.

For the content of the show itself, I was entertained pretty much the whole time. Most of the segments were interesting and funny. The outline of the show worked really well I thought.

We got phantastic phacts back which was a lot of fun. Phil’s question was what year did Dan apply for university? Phil got it wrong (I think it was 2008 but he guessed 2009?). Dan’s question was what article of Dan’s clothing does Phil hate the most? Dan got it right and guessed the potato sack. This was one of my favorite parts of the show because Dan went on to say his thing about being Phil trash number one which the audience loudly awwed about but I was not expecting him to turn away from the audience with an eyeroll or something and with his back to the audience he had the biggest fucking smile on his stupid face. Like that little shit loves being Phil trash number one so much and he loves that everyone knows it.

The part of the show where one of them shoots the other up on the wheel was intense. Dan was on the wheel and Phil shot him twice in the knees at first (but of course we got lots of bants about it being omg!! So! Close! To! Dan’s! pen1s!!) but then the third shot he hit him in the side of the face! Like up on the goggles he was wearing. I don’t know how this usually goes in the show but I was shocked and it seemed like they were both shocked. But the whole thing was hilarious and fun.

Oh yeah during the second part of the show the house lights went up and the fire alarm started going off. And it seemed like everyone just kind of held their breath waiting for Dan and Phil to say something about it. It was right at the beginning of Wholesome Howell and X-Rated Lester (which was probably my least favorite part of the show - it was just kinda boring to me) and Dan was talking about where Wholesome Howell came from but after like 20 secs or something Phil was like is that the fire alarm? Give a second to check on it? And they both started to walk off stage but very quickly came back to say it was a false alarm. Tbh it was really scary, my heart was racing, because this is America and shit is crazy. Thankfully it was just the smoke machine setting off the alarm. I will say it was impressive how they came back from that hiccup and Phil remembered exactly where Dan was in his monologue about Wholesome Howell.

Another part of the show I loved was the what’s in dan’s secret box bit because I was not at all expecting a magic trick! I didn’t avoid spoilers at all but I also didn’t stalk the previous shows so I had no idea a magic trick was coming and I was genuinely stumped on how they did it I had to ask someone to explain it to me later online (and it’s so obvious but since I wasn’t expecting it coming I didn’t know to be looking for it you know?). It was great. I loved that part.

Overall, it was so much fun. I wanted to watch it all again immediately like I could a video. I can’t wait til it gets posted online. The atmosphere was intense and so full of energy I was in physical pain the whole time (I am a true introvert through and through the pain is no exaggeration on my part) but it was totally worth it because they really know how to put on a good show. And it’s so weird to me how before I met them and before I saw the show I really felt like “oh yeah they’re just normal people” but after I’m like yeah but they’re fucking performers and they’re so so talented in what they do. I guess my respect for them as entertainers grew even more than it already was.
lesterchuu
philussy

yes phil, you explained the taste a lot better than i couldve had
as someone who actually enjoys these drinks, i swear its pretty good
Ataraxia25
flower crown

ame wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 pm yes phil, you explained the taste a lot better than i couldve had
is it me or does phil look super exhausted?
:gayaf:
amberblogslife
squish

Anyone else slightly worried bcs phil is lactose intolerant and drinking milk based stuff?
I mean if the stomach ache is worth it, sure, but personally I only cave for things like pizza.
Constantly in an existential crisis.
lesterchuu
philussy

amberblogslife wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:54 pm Anyone else slightly worried bcs phil is lactose intolerant and drinking milk based stuff?
I mean if the stomach ache is worth it, sure, but personally I only cave for things like pizza.
i cant be sure but i think the milk is treated with some sort of bacteria and makes the lactose (or whatever is in the milk thats making it intolerable) much less potent to get the person sick? sorry, i cant explain it well...like its still there, but its weaker somehow

in other news, yes, phil does look a bit tired :/ hope they take a good rest before (or maybe during since they mentioned it might be a long one) their flight to melbourne
alien
procrastinator

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:51 pm
ame wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 pm yes phil, you explained the taste a lot better than i couldve had
is it me or does phil look super exhausted?
If they were in the same hotel as the crew it looks like they were all woken up around 3am with a fire alarm so maybe he's just tired from that? But I honestly don't know how they weren't exhausted by the end of the uk part of the tour lol. And now with the US done which seemed like the most taxing because of just how many shows one right after the other they were doing.
Ablissa
pastel persona

amberblogslife wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:54 pm Anyone else slightly worried bcs phil is lactose intolerant and drinking milk based stuff?
I'm lactose intolerant and I too, like Phil, kind of ignore it. And yeah, it's probably not very healthy and I do get stomach aches after like milkshakes and stuff but I still keep at it... sometimes. There are also pills you can take before eating to make it kind of okay (at least here we have those) so I sometimes do that.

But yeah, I do worry about him sometimes. He seems to ignore his lactose intolerance 99% of the time :lol:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

oh god, i dislike carbonated things and i very much dislike milk,, i feel sick watching that lmao. is it simulated or real actual dairy milk? why is the thought of carbonated milk so creepy to me? it's just? not to fizzymilk-shame anyone, but why?
at least it has an actual flavour i guess...
UNLIKE CLUB SODA OR LA CROIX, THAT'S LITERALLY JUST FIZZY WATER, AND FOR WHAT? A WEIRD AFTERTASTE? PEOPLE ENJOY THAT??? OH YEAH I JUST LOVE DRINKING LIQUID AIR WITH A HINT OF METAL AND DRY MOUTH. IT'S MY FAVOURITE THING, I ENJOY TERRIBLE THINGS. :@*&!:
no offense though. another way i could explain carbonated 'natural flavour' 0cal drinks is just.. quiet beer? that's how it tastes and it's the best sensible description i could come up with.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Agree, poor Philly.
But to get real, Phil would probably look less like shit if he stopped eating and drinking like, well, shit. One of my (admittedly very few) pet peeves with d&p is their promotion of animal products consumption and terrible food in general. I adore him, but he does an awful job for someone so concerned with death and who claims to love animals.

I wish I could gift them both the book How not to die, by Michael Greger, or point them in the direction of science based nutrition so they finally realise they're not 20 anymore, and stop fucking around with consuming so much bad stuff that will most likely cause them to end up diagnosed, then medicated :cry: maybe as early as a decade from now.

-I strongly recommend Greger's books or talks (on yt) to anybody here, btw, also nutritionfacts.org for updated scientific research on all kinds of foods. Dr McDougall is another MD that has many books on eating for health as well.
(Spoiler alert: plant based, unprocessed is the healthiest diet, the further from it the more likely to get chronically ill.)-

Having ranted said that, I'm very glad once they get to Australia they have days off in between most dates in the next month. Their diet frustrates me but ofc it's bc I love them and want them to feel their best :hearts:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
goldenmermaid
drama llama

alien wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:28 pm I ended up rewriting my m&g experience because it's so fun to go through it again in my head. To see my pictures and read my original (probably shorter) post you can go to my tumblr. I'd rather keep my pictures just on tumblr if I can. https://lazy-phan.tumblr.com/post/17677 ... from-my-mg
So anytime I think back to my m&g experience I just laugh at myself because I honestly was not expecting to react the way that I did. I’m between Dan and Phil in age, have been watching a long time but haven’t been involved in following them outside of just their videos or involved with phandom until last year sometime. I don’t know if that’s important or not but although I was very excited since tickets went on sale 9 months ago I also felt like we were on equal footing. I’ve never felt like they were some unattainable celebrity or that they weren’t real people. But for some reason when they suddenly turned to me to say hi and wave hello I completely lost my cool. I didn’t freak out on them or anything but I was suddenly this fumbling, very quiet, shy woman who needed to be guided through the whole thing lol. The funniest part to me about my reaction to them is that out of a whole list of things I could have said to them that had real meaning I instead said, “It’s weird that you guys are real.” WTF. Like, obviously they’re real. I’ve never had that thought before. I don’t know why that’s what my brain decided to say. And bless Phil, in true Phil Lester fashion said, “Well, I think we’re real.” and patted his chest. :rofl:

As they handed me back the card I had signed I also put my phone away??? And Dan asked if I wanted a picture?? Like my poor brain just couldn’t handle being in front of them I was so silly hahah. So I took my phone out and I literally fumbled with it and Dan tried to just take it out of my hands to do it himself because obviously he knows how to work an iphone. Then Phil said I should get between them for the picture and I was just so glad they were on top of everything and guided the whole experience because I was just out of it lol.

And that was it. My impressions of them were that they were such genuinely nice people. I’ve been to a tv convention before with tv actors and it really felt like it was all about the money. That as people we didn’t matter so much as individuals but that’s not at all the case with dnp. I watched them with the girl in front of me and they were so sweet and gentle and engaged with her. They look you in your eyes, if you have something to say they listen and respond. It really seemed like they realize how important those experiences are for the people there and they don’t take that responsibility lightly.

Other impressions, I couldn’t get over how much of a Grown Man Phil actually is. He lets his inner child out so much in videos and in his online persona (which I adore) but irl he was so calm and his voice seemed deeper and he just had the presence of a Grown Man. Dan, otoh, will always be 2009 Dan to me. I don’t mean that to say he hasn’t grown or matured or been through a lot but he is just so boyish to me. And meeting him in person I was like wow you are a giant boy. He was so smiley. I don’t know how else to put it. They were both so chill and calm in a way I wasn’t expecting but they were also so welcoming. I was expecting some nervous energy from one or both of them but there wasn’t any of that from either of them. Lastly, I know it’s obvious that they are tall but I genuinely felt so tiny next to them. I’m 5’6” which I think is pretty average but I just felt so small next to them and I don’t experience that too often around other people.
Overall, it was such a good experience. It was short and I was a fool but I was so happy afterwards and any time I think about it it makes me smile.
I don’t know that I actually processed anything they were saying during the intro of the show when I was sat there because even though I’d met them earlier it was still so bizarre to have them right in front of me on a stage performing. I remember being so proud of them for going beyond just youtube videos and performing live on stage to a (almost full) theatre of people. And they were so in their element. I know they have many many shows under their belts but I really believe they were truly meant for something like this. They were so present and engaged with the audience and also with each other. Early on in the tour I got a sense from reading through some of the show reviews and stuff that this was a finale of some sort. But I didn’t get that at all from seeing the show live. I also can’t imagine that this will be their last tour. I know Dan has said that there won’t be another but...they are so good onstage. They each have a very different stage presence. With some acting classes I really could see Dan doing theatre (if he wanted to obvs) because he looks so good on stage, he carries himself so well, he’s articulate, and those freaking dimples can be seen from across the room. When the spotlight hit him all I saw was dimples lol. And Phil has good stage presence as well but not in the same kind of theatrical way Dan does. And he’s just so funny without throwing it in your face that what he’s said/done is supposed to be a joke. I’m personally not a fan of game shows but he really could be a great host of some sort.

For the content of the show itself, I was entertained pretty much the whole time. Most of the segments were interesting and funny. The outline of the show worked really well I thought.

We got phantastic phacts back which was a lot of fun. Phil’s question was what year did Dan apply for university? Phil got it wrong (I think it was 2008 but he guessed 2009?). Dan’s question was what article of Dan’s clothing does Phil hate the most? Dan got it right and guessed the potato sack. This was one of my favorite parts of the show because Dan went on to say his thing about being Phil trash number one which the audience loudly awwed about but I was not expecting him to turn away from the audience with an eyeroll or something and with his back to the audience he had the biggest fucking smile on his stupid face. Like that little shit loves being Phil trash number one so much and he loves that everyone knows it.

The part of the show where one of them shoots the other up on the wheel was intense. Dan was on the wheel and Phil shot him twice in the knees at first (but of course we got lots of bants about it being omg!! So! Close! To! Dan’s! pen1s!!) but then the third shot he hit him in the side of the face! Like up on the goggles he was wearing. I don’t know how this usually goes in the show but I was shocked and it seemed like they were both shocked. But the whole thing was hilarious and fun.

Oh yeah during the second part of the show the house lights went up and the fire alarm started going off. And it seemed like everyone just kind of held their breath waiting for Dan and Phil to say something about it. It was right at the beginning of Wholesome Howell and X-Rated Lester (which was probably my least favorite part of the show - it was just kinda boring to me) and Dan was talking about where Wholesome Howell came from but after like 20 secs or something Phil was like is that the fire alarm? Give a second to check on it? And they both started to walk off stage but very quickly came back to say it was a false alarm. Tbh it was really scary, my heart was racing, because this is America and shit is crazy. Thankfully it was just the smoke machine setting off the alarm. I will say it was impressive how they came back from that hiccup and Phil remembered exactly where Dan was in his monologue about Wholesome Howell.

Another part of the show I loved was the what’s in dan’s secret box bit because I was not at all expecting a magic trick! I didn’t avoid spoilers at all but I also didn’t stalk the previous shows so I had no idea a magic trick was coming and I was genuinely stumped on how they did it I had to ask someone to explain it to me later online (and it’s so obvious but since I wasn’t expecting it coming I didn’t know to be looking for it you know?). It was great. I loved that part.

Overall, it was so much fun. I wanted to watch it all again immediately like I could a video. I can’t wait til it gets posted online. The atmosphere was intense and so full of energy I was in physical pain the whole time (I am a true introvert through and through the pain is no exaggeration on my part) but it was totally worth it because they really know how to put on a good show. And it’s so weird to me how before I met them and before I saw the show I really felt like “oh yeah they’re just normal people” but after I’m like yeah but they’re fucking performers and they’re so so talented in what they do. I guess my respect for them as entertainers grew even more than it already was.
Thanks for sharing this <3 its always so interesting to read other peoples thoughts especially when I didn't get the chance to go myself!

To keep this relevant, Phil looks tired but sooo gorgeous (really loving the quiff more and more) (also fizzy milk does not sound good)
lesterchuu
philussy

@ratlad its ok to dislike things! as someone who used to share the same thinking as you do with fizzy water, ive changed my mind after consuming it a lot during my one month stay at my aunts place in austria. fizzy lemon water there is pretty common here (or maybe it was just my cousins, idk) so ive been drinking it as well and i think my tastebuds evolved to like it. altho, that said, i still havent tried out that fancy ass water brand cough lacroix cough

(edit: i realize i sound like im preaching that youll change your mind but no its totally ok to dislike things!!!, im just sharing how my tastebuds changed cz the topic reminded me of it aaaaaa )

also a moment of realization, phil is wearing his good vibes tshirt and im wearing my good vibes only baseball cap...too bad i cant show it to him since i only got the normal seats. at least im in solidarity w him
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

alien wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:28 pm I ended up rewriting my m&g experience because it's so fun to go through it again in my head. To see my pictures and read my original (probably shorter) post you can go to my tumblr. I'd rather keep my pictures just on tumblr if I can. https://lazy-phan.tumblr.com/post/17677 ... from-my-mg

it's really cool to read your meet&greet experience! a lot of people write show reviews, but i've seen hardly any m&g ones -- mostly just shaky videos. so it was really interesting to read your perspective! i love that you were just able to laugh at your reaction to meeting them -- i had a similar experience when i went to the show -- my friend and i both thought we'd be so calm and cool but as soon as they walked out on stage we both started screaming :lol:

i also think its so interesting that you still see dan as 2009 dan, because he seems so different to me. sometimes i try to find the similarities and he just seems like a completely different person to me now. its crazy to think about how perceptions can be so different from person to person
ratlad wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 pm oh god, i dislike carbonated things and i very much dislike milk,, i feel sick watching that lmao. is it simulated or real actual dairy milk? why is the thought of carbonated milk so creepy to me? it's just? not to fizzymilk-shame anyone, but why?
at least it has an actual flavour i guess...
UNLIKE CLUB SODA OR LA CROIX, THAT'S LITERALLY JUST FIZZY WATER, AND FOR WHAT? A WEIRD AFTERTASTE? PEOPLE ENJOY THAT??? OH YEAH I JUST LOVE DRINKING LIQUID AIR WITH A HINT OF METAL AND DRY MOUTH. IT'S MY FAVOURITE THING, I ENJOY TERRIBLE THINGS. :@*&!:
no offense though. another way i could explain carbonated 'natural flavour' 0cal drinks is just.. quiet beer? that's how it tastes and it's the best sensible description i could come up with.

one time some described la croix to me as tasting like what smelling a fruit is like and i've never heard something more true :lol:

(also omg i'm dead @ "quiet beer" :rofl: )
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
jve
tol bean

Seems like Phil lester has spoken.
ratlad
angel bean

@ame omg it is okay! i understand! tastebuds change every 7 years (as phil said in a video once) and i'm also just a huge fussy child :')

@KatjaZoe i'm laughing at that picture, ty
smelling a fruit is also a perfect description tbh lol
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

If the Phil merch turns out to be some milk-based beverage, he wins my meme of the year award :mrgreen:

What's up with his twitter. This looks like a 3am Dan like to me ;)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

From tonight's show
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Susannah wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:25 pm
Sunshine wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 pm
I’ve made the pumpkin spice pumpkin cookies. The recipe under the video doesn’t quite work, there is far too much flour and you end up with a ton of quite bland floury cookies. (60-60 biscuits!) Quite ridiculously I have made the mistake of trying to make them twice and found the same issue each time. I had alarm bells each time when I poured 41/2 cups of flours in the bowl to start with but carried on with making them and you can barely give them away after people have eaten the first!
i haven't tried them myself but am curious about where you went wrong. i took the ingredients list in the description (which is lifted from Sorted) and compared it to the one dan says in the video. other than deppy halving the recipe, converting cup measurements to grams and adding a few more spices, there don't seem to be significant change (afaik), and yet theirs seem to turn out pretty well. now i want to know more about lefthandedism's successful baking adventures, because i like to bake but sadly am no stranger to kitchen mishaps :spy: :oops:
original:
4¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1½ teaspoons ground ginger
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1¾ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup light or dark molasses

deppy's version:
300 grams plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
115 grams unsalted butter (room temp)
175 grams granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cactus
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
85 grams dark molasses/black treacle
I'm not sure if I'm the one you ultimately wanted to tag, but here is my version of the ingredient list. I followed their method pretty much as stated as well--this dough is easier to handle than many roll-out sugar cookie doughs I've tried.
American-style volume measurements in the parentheses (though I often use a kitchen scale so left the weights in).

300g plain (all purpose) flour (2 3/8 cups)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon each: ground cloves, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger
115g unsalted butter, room temperature (4 oz)
175g granulated sugar (7/8 cup)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
85g dark molasses (1/4 cup)

The American version of plain flour is all-purpose flour (they are not exactly the same--it depends on the kind of wheat and how it is milled, but pretty close).
The one tricky ingredient is the molasses--quintessentially American, but apparently hard to find elsewhere. I think the closest ingredients would be treacle or golden syrup (they are all thick, dark, sugar syrups), but molasses has a particular and strong flavor. (Half the flavor of American gingerbread comes from the molasses, not the ginger.)

Maybe we can all try to make these for Halloween and compare our results!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Question for everyone who's seen Interactive Introverts:
I'm puzzled by a few things that are said/shown during the show. At least two of them are definitely intentional, and I can't tell if they're meant to be Easter eggs in the show or if there's some kind of joke that I'm not getting or what. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts.
  1. 6 Second Challenge: When the announcer is talking about what Dan and Phil are not going to do during the show, he says they're definitely not going to be doing the 6 Second Challenge. Why isn't it the 7 Second Challenge?
  2. Its vs. It's: During the Dan and Phil simulations, two sentences that can appear on the screens (depending on the options chosen by the audience) are "Its Satan!" and "Its a man in a fursuit!" Maybe they're just typos, but it seems funny to me that they were overlooked given Dan's strong reaction to his misspellings of "you're" in the video below. I mean, they read these sentences off the screens to the audience most nights. Surely they would have noticed the typos at this point in the tour, right?

Reactions start at 1:04 and 3:16.

3. Phil and Dan: When introducing the Golden I awards, the announcer says the hosts are "Phil and Dan." Why was "the curse of the D" ignored?

Relevant discussion at 3:52.

Any ideas as to why these elements were included in the show? Any other elements of the show like this that I missed? I'd love to hear about them!
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Wow. I just got out of ii and I'm really glad I had the chance to go. If anyone wants audio I have the full thing, so feel free to message me. I'll be writing a full review soon, but right now I'm just very fond of them and happy for them. (Also it was super lovely to meet @ame and @astudyinfondness tonight!!!)