Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I never thought I would vibe with Phil's merch style, but maaaaaaaaaaaaannnn do I want that fox sweater and the try new things shirt. And maybe the socks. You got me this time Capita£ester....
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

I've placed my order already, and I never get merch, so nicely done, Lester. His stuff is ironically a lot more "mature" than Dan's, while also quirky. I like it, and can't wait for more stuff.
Having said that, I think it's hilarious how both of them have stolen ideas from clothes they already own, like the fox sweater for Phil and Dan's eclipse design. Cheeky lads.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Damn, I love all of it. I don’t think I’ll go for the tshirt, but I’m tempted by everything else. I haven’t worn grey for years, but the fox design is good. I love his face in the photo of it, very pretty, also like he’s thinking about how well this’ll all do. I love the lion, though I get why people feel weird that he’s selling them. It’s so cute, it’d be nice to have one of my own.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

me? impulsively spending $60 that I really shouldn't be spending? It's more likely than I'd thought. (someone talk me out of the t-shirt before I okay the purchase. the socks are a given but I don't need that shirt!!) editing because I'm not stupid and I did not buy that shirt. nice to know that I can have willpower sometimes

Also I forgot to thank @sonicgreen and @Catallena for being awesome and putting up the rize stream again. I rewatched it before bed last night and it was lovely. And amazing in depth timestamps @watsonian!!! They're wonderful
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kavat
pastel persona

All of this is much cuter than I thought it would be! The hoodie isn't really my taste so I didn't think I'd like the rest but damn, that t-shirt and the fox jumper is super cute. I went for the t-shirt and fox sox though, and I might splurge on the jumper closer to winter.
liola
rankussy

I honestly didn't think I woul vibe with Phil's merch because my aesthetic aligns with Dan's a lot more but the Fox jumper looks SO COZY and the t-shirt is the perfect blend of just nice clothes and perfectly on branding but not overly so Phil. Also it reminds me of cute domestic lil videos 💙 dammit Phil you truly did it

Also my heart has burst to flame at the written out note :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I haven't bought merch since my teen days but I actually dig the fox jumper. If I buy it, I'd sew it into a ladies fit though.
Slightly sceptical about "one size fits all" socks though. How are teen girls and him supposed to fit into the same socks? That's like a stretch of 10 EU sizes...
kavat
pastel persona

I just realized that he changed his profile picture on instagram and twitter to the fox jumper one, and he looks so good!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I usually eat, sleep and breath black, but I like Phil's merch designs better than Dan's even if it's not my color palette. But I miiiiiight keep an eye on the fox sweater for when it gets colder. 8-)

Also the pictures look so good :love2: The previous thread title is suddenly relevant again.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Speedygonz33
squish

I hope Dan wears the fox jacket in the gaming video. That’s all I have to add lol
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i'm obsessed with e v e r y t h i n g
i had a feeling there'd be a plush and pins ?!?!?!? THE TRY NEW THINGS SHIRT IS SO CUTE i love the hidden fox sweater and the hoodie!

@watsonian i love your analysis! i agree with a lot of it, i wasn't sure what dan was laughing at while watching it live though, i thought it could've been either or. but your explanation makes a lot of sense too!

i'm so proud and happy for phil! i can't wait to see what dan is wearing in the next gaming vid, i hope it's the fox jumper.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

I was about to ask if you think that Dan was the one who took the photos, but Phil just answered that Dan was who took them on his iPhone. Those are really good pictures. (And he knows phil's profile)
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

I've been a huge fan of dnp since 2013 and I've never ever bought anything, merch or whatever, from them but now I'm gonna go order some socks and a fox jumper... damn amazingphil, you win this round :stan:
seriously tho it's all so cute and i'd legit wear everything. it's pretty and very phil but subtle. really impressed by the try new things shirt.
i love phil <3 <3
(i wasn't a big fan of dan's merch but generally, i'm really glad they're doing those seperate merch ventures because it allows us to get a peak into their personal tastes and choices, which can sometimes get lost in the d&p branding, but it's also obviously still something they do mostly together - like it all goes to IRLdigital anyway and they promote it jointly etc)

now i'm excited for the sims/gaming vid and see them wearing it in action !!
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I literally just spent $70 on merch at ii, but Damnit Phil got me. I bought the t-shirt because it’s actually really cool and I love the “try new things” mantra. I’m so happy for him and I wish I could see his face right now watching us all lose our shit <3

The pictures made me weak in the knees and definitely aided in my purchase decisions :garbage:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Cactus socks are already sold out!
hello9217
flower crown

snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:01 pm Cactus socks are already sold out!
I just noticed that. Damn 30 minutes and all gone. Good job Phil! I got the fox socks and try new things shirt.
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm not a merch buyer normally, but I reallllly like the fox jumper, fox socks, and oddly tempted by the lion teddy!
lilabet
philussy

The first newsletter is out :) It's all adorable but I loved this bit.

"A retro fave for long time Phil subscribers! Put a lion on your desk for some good luck. He has beans in his butt so should balance just about anywhere."
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Wow! I’m currently on a long car ride so I had my co-pilot order things the moment they were released. We managed to snag some fox socks and the pins, god help my bank account. Though I may be coming back for the fox jumper.
I bought Dan’s merch the moment it was released (the dttm shirt) and I think I did it mainly to support him. But I am REALLY into the Phil merch, way to go lester, you made some good shit.
George
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:15 pm Or maybe a cost saving maneuver to hire local and not have to foot all the transport costs?
I'm under the impression that some venues offer to take care of your merch sales as a part of the deal when you rent the venue (well, I guess there's an extra cost but it's still probably cheaper than buying flights to your own team). I think I read somewhere that at least the venue in Helsinki does that and they did have locals there.

Also, Phil merch. I'm very surprised to see that I actually like it. The plant hoodie is still...not so great...but then the try new things shirt is simply genius. And you can't really go wrong with the socks. Not that I will buy merch, but it's nice to see something that isn't burning my eyes. (Actually, if they had a slim fit option of the try new things shirt, I'd seriously consider it lol.)
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
autumnhearth
senpai

Yeah the “beans in his butt” made me laugh out loud. Speaking of Lion’s butt, does anyone know why the tail is a white rope? Did Phil’s lion have that? Did he lose his tail at some point and have it replaced? I don’t understand, am I a fake fan? :lion:

@watsonian great post on the prev page, I agree with the reason for Dan’s laughter. (Though he laughed beautifully when someone in the chat told him the pastel wig and flower crown made him look gay, before educating the person that things can’t look like a sexuality.) Personally I find the whole “your gay is showing”, specifically with applied to D&P a bit offensive. Re: the iPad thing, maybe Dan was questioning if they would watch it at the same time on their flight screens? Actually I don’t know how that would work on the airline and class they fly in.

Annd I’ve decided to bump my fox merch requests to my birthday in November rather than Christmas because it’s just such a beautiful design :squirrel: (fox smiley request?)
annabanana
sofa crease

I love the merch!!! Got the try new things shirt for myself and fox socks for my sister for Christmas.

Also the about page is so adorable and so Phil.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
lilabet
philussy

George wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:15 pm Or maybe a cost saving maneuver to hire local and not have to foot all the transport costs?
I'm under the impression that some venues offer to take care of your merch sales as a part of the deal when you rent the venue (well, I guess there's an extra cost but it's still probably cheaper than buying flights to your own team). I think I read somewhere that at least the venue in Helsinki does that and they did have locals there.
Also they have an Australian merch team already from the AU shop. From the wording of one of those Instagram posts, they might be handing over to them?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Andy
squish

Hi hello, a lurker coming out of the shadows to join all the ppl who ordered merch! I am a hoe with no self restraint and also poorer by 66 euros(tho my mom thought the fox jumper was super cute and promised to cover that. also got the try new things shirt cos it made me do a little "Ha!" noise when i first saw it, just because it's so clever and so Phil at the same time)
(Wow, the Phil merch really feels like a big cultural thing, the last time i actually posted was when i went to II)
yeetussy
glabella

I’m glad I came back from that college tour not only positive abt going to that college, but to some AMAZING PHIL MERCH hahahahahahah get it bc amazingphil j’suis une comédienne

I’ve never ever bought mercy before but after seeing those pins, that hoodie, and the try new things shirt, I might gain that confidence. This is a good hing for shy phans like myself and my friends to rep a lil bit of phillie pride ig. Damnit why does capita£ester own my ass.

Also @Andy henlo :welcome: :kissyrat: :rat: :laptoprat: :tworats: Join us fellow hoes with no self control and our weeping bank accounts