Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I really appreciate their push to make subtle non-name-branded merch. I think they - either deps themselves or tptb at product design for IRL - are great at listening to what people want.

So lemme put this into the universe for wave two: pajamas. If you did it for Hazel, you can do it for Phil. (And Dan I guess. or even DAPG pjs.)
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 pm I really appreciate their push to make subtle non-name-branded merch. I think they - either deps themselves or tptb at product design for IRL - are great at listening to what people want.

So lemme put this into the universe for wave two: pajamas. If you did it for Hazel, you can do it for Phil. (And Dan I guess. or even DAPG pjs.)
i did not know how much i needed this until this very moment. deppy, i am begging you, give me huge oversized pajama pants with cute rats printed on them.

edit: just realized how on-brand this post is :tworats: :kissyrat: :rat: :laptoprat:
liola
rankussy

nigel ratburn wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:51 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 pm I really appreciate their push to make subtle non-name-branded merch. I think they - either deps themselves or tptb at product design for IRL - are great at listening to what people want.

i did not know how much i needed this until this very moment. deppy, i am begging you, give me huge oversized pajama pants with cute rats printed on them.

edit: just realized how on-brand this post is :tworats: :kissyrat: :rat: :laptoprat:
I'll raise your offer with this one: a cute rat onesie with a hood that has cartoon rat ears on it.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

omg! PAJAMAS! i need some now. please boys.
:gayaf:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 pm So lemme put this into the universe for wave two: pajamas. If you did it for Hazel, you can do it for Phil. (And Dan I guess. or even DAPG pjs.)
This is such a great idea! I don't usually go for clothes merch, but I would totally buy some comfy Dan and/or Phil pajama pants if I liked the design.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

we need pjs now,, or boxer briefs. not sure whos gonna model them though....
another thing i want in phil merch is button ups!!!!!! imagine that.
or blankets... i honestly just want something to sleep in tbh.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I can't believe I'm going online at midnight after a really long day to spend 30 euros on a white shirt with a very simple print while not being sure about the fit, but I guess that's what Phil is now doing to me. I hope he's happy with all the money we're throwing at him here. I'd spend more if I hadn't just bought a concert ticket in Berlin and am now planning an entire holiday around it. To be fair though, I genuinely really like his merch and I'm mildly upset I was out all evening so the socks were sold out before I could get them.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I never buy merch but would have got some fox socks if they weren't sold out before I was aware the store was open.

I wonder if they greatly underestimated how popular they would be if they managed to sell out that fast. It's not really great for business because by the time they come back in stock (September according to website) I'll probably have changed my mind about paying £9 (plus delivery) for socks.
Andy
squish

citizen_erased wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm I can't believe I'm going online at midnight after a really long day to spend 30 euros on a white shirt with a very simple print while not being sure about the fit, but I guess that's what Phil is now doing to me. I hope he's happy with all the money we're throwing at him here. I'd spend more if I hadn't just bought a concert ticket in Berlin and am now planning an entire holiday around it. To be fair though, I genuinely really like his merch and I'm mildly upset I was out all evening so the socks were sold out before I could get them.
This is exactly how i was/am feeling, put into words better than i ever could. Hello from a person who already dished out the 30 euros!
Also thanks for the official welcome @yeetussy :)
dc34
glabella

I want the fox sweater but shipping is a bitch. I knew I was going to be broke when it came out *sigh*. Oh well , i hope everyone that got something enjoys their stuff. I probably won't be able to get anything till October so hopefully my mind won't talk me out of buying it
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dc34 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 pm I want the fox sweater but shipping is a bitch. I knew I was going to be broke when it came out *sigh*. Oh well , i hope everyone that got something enjoys their stuff. I probably won't be able to get anything till October so hopefully my mind won't talk me out of buying it
Maybe at some point they'll take pity on us and find a way to integrate shipping across all the shops and those of us who definitely don't have the money to go wild on every merch push can at least once in a while sample something from each shop.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 pm
dc34 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 pm I want the fox sweater but shipping is a bitch. I knew I was going to be broke when it came out *sigh*. Oh well , i hope everyone that got something enjoys their stuff. I probably won't be able to get anything till October so hopefully my mind won't talk me out of buying it
Maybe at some point they'll take pity on us and find a way to integrate shipping across all the shops and those of us who definitely don't have the money to go wild on every merch push can at least once in a while sample something from each shop.
I was just thinking that earlier today. I can't justify the expense right now, but if I ever can, I'd like to buy from all three shops, but then the shipping would cost me sooo much. I think that them allowing combined shipping from all the stores would actually allow a lot of people to spend more money in the long run. Get on it, Capita£ester!
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Just checked out the merch and I love it. I'm not a fan of merch that has the YTers/Bands/Shows name across it generally, so this is perfect. I won't be buying any of it though, as none of the tops come in my size (being the size of a small family home), but I may be tempted by the socks when they're back in stock.

I'm really hoping for Dan in the fox sweatshirt in the gaming vid, but I'll bet he'll be wearing the more on brand 'try new things' shirt. Come on Dan, surprise us!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dc34
glabella

Ablissa wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 pm
I was just thinking that earlier today. I can't justify the expense right now, but if I ever can, I'd like to buy from all three shops, but then the shipping would cost me sooo much. I think that them allowing combined shipping from all the stores would actually allow a lot of people to spend more money in the long run. Get on it, Capita£ester!
YES! I think by Christmas I'll buy something from all 3 shops, I actually never buy merch. The tour merch was the first time I ever bought anything from them, but I'm so far up their asses I'll find a way lol
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i just wanna say i love phil's merch but i sadly don't have the money for it. however, whenever i do, i'd love to buy some!
:transheart:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Interesting. I totally thought they'd be on their way to Australia now. I'm also baffled that they managed to go to two baseball games in Canada during both of their tours because it's really not a hugely popular sport here (well it is in eastern Canada but definitely not in western). But I guess we're off season for hockey right now anyway lol. But I really did think they would be on a plane right now to avoid major jetlag when before their first show
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

In honor of Phil's merch drop, us to Phil: :ourmoney:

Phil celebrating his capitalist victory: :moneybath:

And some good ole stacks of cash. :money: :money: :money:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:26 am In honor of Phil's merch drop, us to Phil: :ourmoney:

Phil celebrating his capitalist victory: :moneybath:

And some good ole stacks of cash. :money: :money: :money:
Yes- It's exactly what I wanted! Thanks @alittledizzy :moneybath:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

:rofl: those are wonderful. The little bouncing one is the cutest.
obvsly
#relatable

I certainly underestimated the power of the phandom.

The merch was released at 2.30am my time and I thought I could just shop when I would normally wake up. I was so damn wrong. By the time I got up, the socks were sold out for hours.
Lesson learned: Never hesitate. Or you won't be able to :ourmoney: at Phil even though you have the :money:

But really, AP merch is such a pleasant surprise. There's absolutely nothing that I wouldn't be happy to own and wear. I especially love the socks, the jumper, and the try new things shirt.

Count my vote for pyjamas too. Preferably on D&P shop with a pair of rats and another of pigeons. :lol:
Ablissa
pastel persona

This is off topic, but I just saw that Joe Sugg is going to be on Strictly Come Dancing and it made me think... Can you imagine Deppy on a show like that? :rofl: I mean, if Joe could get invited then I'm sure they could do too :lol:
I hope with all my heart that they NEVER do it, but it would be hilarious.

Edit: Again I am in love with the new emojis, how super fitting!! Capita£ester rise :money: :money: :money:
dancy
procrastinator

Ah, I love all of Phil's merch so much, I knew he'd deliver! He seems to have put a lot of thought into it and I just love how subtle and cute and aesthetic it is. How amazing that the socks sold out so quickly! I just bought the Try New Things shirt but I might get the fox socks and sweater later on in the year.
obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:27 am Interesting. I totally thought they'd be on their way to Australia now. I'm also baffled that they managed to go to two baseball games in Canada during both of their tours because it's really not a hugely popular sport here (well it is in eastern Canada but definitely not in western). But I guess we're off season for hockey right now anyway lol. But I really did think they would be on a plane right now to avoid major jetlag when before their first show
I'm pretty sure they're flying to Melbourne right now as one of the guys who I believe is in charge of the lighting (@andyfurby) showed in an IG story that he's on his way to Australia. Apparently he and Marianne went to the baseball match as well earlier. I hope D&P have scheduled the Sims video to be published later today since it's quite a long flight and I'm not sure how well uploading on a plane would go.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Does anyone else have this weird problem with merch that you would technically like to wear it and support the creators, but you're worried that others ask you where you got the clothes?
I've had bad experiences at my old job with people trash talking YouTubers and streamers. I don't always feel confident enough to be like "Actually...!".
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I just paid way too much money for that fox sweater but it's grey which is close enough to black for me and cute and doesn't scream DAN AND PHIL and I just had to buy it. Please let it at least fit and look good on me or else I'll scream forever. I really need to stop spending money, this month is the last month I earn money so I'll go back to being broke again soon and I really need to save it for a flat and food and uni expenses! But yeah, take my money Phil even though it's not like you actually need it :ourmoney:
pulvis et umbra sumus