Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:08 pm The plant pins have also sold out! :moneybath:
I really hope all the sold out items will be restocked at some point because I couldn't afford to order everything I wanted this time.

edit: Not again. smh
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

isn't it like 5:00 am where they are? i hope they're sleeping! i hope they sleep all the way up until their show. (that might actually be really unhealthy so nevermind)
i wanna rewatch the new vid cause i just wanna see that adorable spon again :happytears:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm still plugging some of the holes in the transcripts page. I just finished Phoenix and had to share this bit - man, they are just... wild in 2018.
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:51 pm Will you guys miss the tour bus when it is gone?
D: Oh my god yes.
P: Actually tonight is our final journey on the tour bus!
D: Tonight is our last night ever on the tour bus.
P: It's like I bonded with it.
D: I know!
P: It's like a friend.
D: It's-
P: Vibrating, moving, loud friend. [audience reacts] That came out wrong.
D: Phil is having a lot of fun on that bus.
Honestly, you know, it's got that monochrome aesthetic-
P: Yeah.
D: -it's on wheels, and it has lots of microwave popcorn.
P: It does.
D: So [??].
P: And I feel like I've got used to it now, so now when we're not moving I - I feel like I should be on the bus.
D: Bus lag. Basically when you've been moving on the bus and you've been sleeping and you get used to it, any time when you're not moving your body feels like it's moving.
P: So right now like, I'm still moving.
D: Wow.
P: It's weird.
D: I feel like you've had that for like twenty years now, explains a lot. Honestly [??], right.
P: I'll give it a hug and then let it go into the night.
D: You hug it and I'll make sure you don't do anything else to it.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:09 pm I'm still plugging some of the holes in the transcripts page. I just finished Phoenix and had to share this bit - man, they are just... wild in 2018.
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:51 pm Will you guys miss the tour bus when it is gone?
D: Oh my god yes.
P: Actually tonight is our final journey on the tour bus!
D: Tonight is our last night ever on the tour bus.
P: It's like I bonded with it.
D: I know!
P: It's like a friend.
D: It's-
P: Vibrating, moving, loud friend. [audience reacts] That came out wrong.
D: Phil is having a lot of fun on that bus.
Honestly, you know, it's got that monochrome aesthetic-
P: Yeah.
D: -it's on wheels, and it has lots of microwave popcorn.
P: It does.
D: So [??].
P: And I feel like I've got used to it now, so now when we're not moving I - I feel like I should be on the bus.
D: Bus lag. Basically when you've been moving on the bus and you've been sleeping and you get used to it, any time when you're not moving your body feels like it's moving.
P: So right now like, I'm still moving.
D: Wow.
P: It's weird.
D: I feel like you've had that for like twenty years now, explains a lot. Honestly [??], right.
P: I'll give it a hug and then let it go into the night.
D: You hug it and I'll make sure you don't do anything else to it.
Honestly this sounds like a wild crack!fic and the fact it's real and live to an audience really makes you think how they really are giving less and less fucks
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Wow, I mean from that to Dan calling the ceiling mirror in the bus sexy, who knew they had an actual tour bus kink? 2018 is wild (I just woke up from a nap and this was my first thought upon seeing that so I'm, uh, gonna see myself out lmao)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Ya know, of all the small phan things thrown at us this year, I'm still weirdly blown away by that rumpled-on-both-sides king bed behind them in the last video and the fact that it was just there. No comments. No defense. Just... there. For the audience to read into however they want.

This on top of all the small things that keep making us all just go, "Wow. 2018 is wild." Like.... idk, y'all. We're living in a new world. I can't wait until Spooky Week and Gamingmas and next year's Forever Home.
Vsoftdnp
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

rizzo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:25 am Ya know, of all the small phan things thrown at us this year, I'm still weirdly blown away by that rumpled-on-both-sides king bed behind them in the last video and the fact that it was just there. No comments. No defense. Just... there. For the audience to read into however they want.

This on top of all the small things that keep making us all just go, "Wow. 2018 is wild." Like.... idk, y'all. We're living in a new world. I can't wait until Spooky Week and Gamingmas and next year's Forever Home.
I love how they can be on the beach with each other or make dirty jokes, and just,, no one gives a shit. Back in 2015 or sth, the entire phandom would freak out, and I think that's part of the loveliness of this? They can just be themselves, without a horde of fangirls screaming and dissecting every part of the photo.
I'm getting tired of this war of hearts
This competition that has no end
Do me a favour and cut the ties with that side-eyed glare of yours
That cuts through minds and wills
ratlad
angel bean

rizzo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:25 am Ya know, of all the small phan things thrown at us this year, I'm still weirdly blown away by that rumpled-on-both-sides king bed behind them in the last video and the fact that it was just there. No comments. No defense. Just... there. For the audience to read into however they want.

yeah, i wanted to mention it yesterday but i felt like nobody in particular was gonna come outta nowhere and just ridicule/mock me.
also, dan's bag was in the background of it in the liveshow the other day so like.... :shrug:
scientia
phabergé

Vsoftdnp wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 am

I love how they can be on the beach with each other or make dirty jokes, and just,, no one gives a shit. Back in 2015 or sth, the entire phandom would freak out , and I think that's part of the loveliness of this? They can just be themselves, without a horde of fangirls screaming and dissecting every part of the photo.
I agree and I also lowkey think this is part of why some of their viewership has gone slightly down? Like, I remember when every gaming video and collab were scrutinized in this way and got tons of views. Maybe it’s just that gaming videos in general aren’t as popular or maybe it’s that we get DAPG videos more often than we did in 2014/2015. Either way I’ve been wondering at the fact that they’ve been so open these past two years and yet it also seems like their popularity for videos AND the US tour is declining a bit.

Anyway forgive my happy hour theorizing :ribena:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

honestly, mood™

when the video came out, i looked at the phan tag on tumblr for gifs and of all the shitposts i saw, there were approximately: 60% phil's butt monologue, 30% dan stop lying, youd totally fuck your clone then kill him, 30% phil wants a threesome with dan and a dan clone, and 5% nice bed you got there...anyways, good video!

im not a statistics major so this is probably not accurate, but this was my impression at the time. of course, therell be one or two people going "uhg bed discourse!!!11!" tho i can tell that the overwhelming response from people is "youre doing great sweetie(s)" and thats all that matters
"you are next to me in my life"
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Adding on to the discussion of how chill they are these days, I honestly didn't even look at the bed behind them in the last gaming video. It wasn't until I came over here and saw talk like, "one bed, nice." that I gave it any thought. Normality is nice and I think they've worked at being more open and relaxed these past few years.
Also half the shit they say doesn't even phase me, my friend and I were talking about how it feels like they've gotten more mature and innuendo-y over the years, but I think thats them just loosening up? Maybe they were always like that? Vibrating bus talk? Thats just #bants these days, I don't even flinch.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I can't remember if anyone posted this here, but it's really eye opening as to how much bank they're really making with this tour.
link
ratlad
angel bean

a lot of what they say recently doesn't shock me anymore even though they're really goin at it this year, but i still love and appreciate it all! i think after dan's oral sex comment in Trying To Live My Truth, i've just been a bit more desensitized to some things after that but i literally did not sleep the night he uploaded it.
although i still get butterflies and feelings of "aaAaaaaaAAAAA" when they do something cute. or another response i have usually is just: "wow. that's gay. anyway–"
i think what i'm trying to say is that their behavior feels natural and less forced. definitely, definitely less forced compared to their older videos together and individually...
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ok this whole "2012 dnp vs 20gayteen: im you but stronger" thing is really interesting to me because for one, it reminds me of a legit strategy we use at work.

so at daycare, whenever we have a new family coming in, we do this thing called a "gradual entry". its where for a set amount of days, the child will come to daycare at first only for a few hours, then slowly increase the time that they stay each day until they are fully used to the program. its not just limited to the child adjusting to a new schedule tho. we use the same strategy of gradual adaption for a child thats transitioning to a one nap from two naps. we do it for a child thats weaning off a bottle or a pacifier and etc. in general, if we know theres a big change coming, we plan ahead and slowly introduce the child to it so that when its time for the change to happen, they wont react heavily against it.

and i think, in a way, thats whats happening here. i dont know if someone who is more knowledgeable with handling pr had helped them, or its a natural conclusion that theyve come up with but dan and phil knew that there was going to be a big change (whatever it could be) in the horizon that they need to deal with. using their past experiences and genuinely learning from those mistakes...they know that it has to be done in a more subtle way. im not saying that theres a 100% chance there IS a big change coming; this is purely my intuition talking.

alternatively, this could be their way of trying to accommodate us into their bubble. no matter how private they are, its already gone past the point where we, as fans, are already a big part of their lives. the more they hide things from us and push us away, the more intrigued and intrusive we will get....and thats exactly what happened. theyve witnessed how we reacted when faced with silence, and theyve seen how we react to passionate denial and rejection...both of which the phandom simply reacted with immature chaos of the same intensity.

if we look back, it all started with small changes here and there - them testing the waters. then gradually, theyve began to loosen up a little bit, while at the same time checking for our responses. heck, im pretty sure both of them - if not, dan - check up on us more closely than we take for granted. this whole ii tour as well is another way of both checking up on us and testing how far they can break the walls theyve previously built around themselves. this, combined with the subtle increase in openness theyve delivered to us this past few years is a testament to this.

announcement of their forever home? getting that family pet? dan and phil 2020 wedding? or dan and phil splitting up so that janice can finally have phil to herself? we could speculate all we want and in reality, we will never know unless they tell us themselves.....or i could be jinxing and there wont be a thing at all.

dan and phil living their truth? all i know is that theyre trying to familiarize us to accept it. and to quote the interactive introvert song:
"The future’s unclear
But I know this is true
You’re as important to us
As we are to you"

"We don’t care
If it hurts or not
We just want to give
The people what they want
"
they want us to be a part of their truth

---

TLDR; whether theyve sought profession pr help or have naturally come upon this conclusion, theyve intentionally been gradually getting us used to accept their changes so we dont freak out like we did when we were a young, immature fanbase. its a smart move.
"you are next to me in my life"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 am I can't remember if anyone posted this here, but it's really eye opening as to how much bank they're really making with this tour.
link
What I immediately notice is the fewer shows in the US--see the bigger gaps on the map? I'm still salty.

A comparison of the number of venues would also be interesting. I have a feeling (though I could be wrong) that II had more two-show days than TATINOF, which would mean even fewer venues.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
knq
lava lamp

lefthandedism wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:04 am
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 am I can't remember if anyone posted this here, but it's really eye opening as to how much bank they're really making with this tour.
link
What I immediately notice is the fewer shows in the US--see the bigger gaps on the map? I'm still salty.

A comparison of the number of venues would also be interesting. I have a feeling (though I could be wrong) that II had more two-show days than TATINOF, which would mean even fewer venues.
Looking at the map, I'm surprised to learn they didn't do a TATINOF show in Oregon either. I just assumed they had, as Dan's mentioned Portland, Oregon a few times and even used it to figure out where one of the states was during the gaming channel video with the US map. Now I want to know why he knows Portland. :shrug:

I'd thought of II as a smaller tour than TATINOF, mostly because dnp explained they didn't want such a big set this tour because they wanted to be able to travel to more countries which the large set prevented them from doing during TATINOF. So I just assumed the whole tour was smaller. But uh, guess not!

I'm excited for them to go to Asia. I hope they post lots of stories. This is basically just a vicarious world trip for me.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

ame wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 am ok this whole "2012 dnp vs 20gayteen: im you but stronger" thing is really interesting to me because for one, it reminds me of a legit strategy we use at work.

so at daycare, whenever we have a new family coming in, we do this thing called a "gradual entry". its where for a set amount of days, the child will come to daycare at first only for a few hours, then slowly increase the time that they stay each day until they are fully used to the program. its not just limited to the child adjusting to a new schedule tho. we use the same strategy of gradual adaption for a child thats transitioning to a one nap from two naps. we do it for a child thats weaning off a bottle or a pacifier and etc. in general, if we know theres a big change coming, we plan ahead and slowly introduce the child to it so that when its time for the change to happen, they wont react heavily against it.

and i think, in a way, thats whats happening here. i dont know if someone who is more knowledgeable with handling pr had helped them, or its a natural conclusion that theyve come up with but dan and phil knew that there was going to be a big change (whatever it could be) in the horizon that they need to deal with. using their past experiences and genuinely learning from those mistakes...they know that it has to be done in a more subtle way. im not saying that theres a 100% chance there IS a big change coming; this is purely my intuition talking.

alternatively, this could be their way of trying to accommodate us into their bubble. no matter how private they are, its already gone past the point where we, as fans, are already a big part of their lives. the more they hide things from us and push us away, the more intrigued and intrusive we will get....and thats exactly what happened. theyve witnessed how we reacted when faced with silence, and theyve seen how we react to passionate denial and rejection...both of which the phandom simply reacted with immature chaos of the same intensity.

if we look back, it all started with small changes here and there - them testing the waters. then gradually, theyve began to loosen up a little bit, while at the same time checking for our responses. heck, im pretty sure both of them - if not, dan - check up on us more closely than we take for granted. this whole ii tour as well is another way of both checking up on us and testing how far they can break the walls theyve previously built around themselves. this, combined with the subtle increase in openness theyve delivered to us this past few years is a testament to this.

announcement of their forever home? getting that family pet? dan and phil 2020 wedding? or dan and phil splitting up so that janice can finally have phil to herself? we could speculate all we want and in reality, we will never know unless they tell us themselves.....or i could be jinxing and there wont be a thing at all.

dan and phil living their truth? all i know is that theyre trying to familiarize us to accept it. and to quote the interactive introvert song:
"The future’s unclear
But I know this is true
As we are to you"

"We don’t care
If it hurts or not
We just want to give
"

---

TLDR; whether theyve sought profession pr help or have naturally come upon this conclusion, theyve intentionally been gradually getting us used to accept their changes so we dont freak out like we did when we were a young, immature fanbase. its a smart move.
all of this <3 i love that! i think that gradually easing someone into something is always the best way to do it and i think it’s a very intelligent move from the boys (with or without the PR help they might have had)
:gayaf:
kavat
pastel persona

Thank you @ame! I've been thinking in the same lanes but never been able to put it into words. I also think that's why Dan kept talking about a post-baking-universe, because it was a big step for them. Today the monsterpops video seems not that special but it was truly groundbreaking back then, and then they just kept going.
susan2
rainbow nerd

Why does it look like pineapples are being tortured....what's happening here? :shrug: :lol:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

susan2 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:57 pm Why does it look like pineapples are being tortured....what's happening here? :shrug: :lol:
pineapple grill, rotisserie style? I agree it looks like a torture machine though :lol: But grilled pineapple is delicious and now I really want some, except I have neither pineapples nor a grill. :cry: :cry:
susan2
rainbow nerd

susan2 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:57 pm Why does it look like pineapples are being tortured....what's happening here? :shrug: :lol:
citizen_erased wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:42 pm pineapple grill, rotisserie style? I agree it looks like a torture machine though :lol: But grilled pineapple is delicious and now I really want some, except I have neither pineapples nor a grill. :cry: :cry:
oh wow, thanks, i've never heard of that, i'll have to try it! :pineapple:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

ame wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 am
ok this whole "2012 dnp vs 20gayteen: im you but stronger" thing is really interesting to me because for one, it reminds me of a legit strategy we use at work.

"The future’s unclear
But I know this is true
As we are to you"

"We don’t care
If it hurts or not
We just want to give
"

---

I love so much about everything this post chooses to be. :sobs:
ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:03 am

yeah, i wanted to mention it yesterday but i felt like nobody in particular was gonna come outta nowhere and just ridicule/mock me.
also, dan's bag was in the background of it in the liveshow the other day so like.... :shrug:
hey, we can get deeper, if you want. i ain't here for any ridicule.

for anyone curious about the hotel (since they're already gone and i'm sure i'm not the only one), it's this lovely airport hotel that's definitely a bit of a schlep from the venue. which i guess makes sense when you consider they can just hang out in the green room for the show and would rather be near and ready for their ~big flight~.

note the definite king bed, though i'm unsure if they stayed in a suite or not. given it's capita£ester we're talking about, i'm leaning towards suite. 2018 is real, y'all.

enjoy this mildly pointless info, while we await more IG stories~
autumnhearth
senpai

Hmm why does that grilling setup seem familiar to me? Australians please explain. When you wake up.

Great post @ame! Not sure which it is, or how intentional, but it’s definitely been happening.

There is still a bit of freaking out that I see in the tags on Tumblr (and oh dear when I took a scroll through Twitter yesterday), like “um explain?!” and the occasional “omg phan proof?!” but I just roll my eyes and keep scrolling. I really do wish I had never watched some fan made videos (not even just the crack ones or ones with demon titles, but sometimes just recaps) because every now and then that high pitched “bitch what the fuck?! what the fuck?!?!” pops in my head and it’s so annoying.

@kavat as someone who’s first deppy video ever was Monster Pops, I unfortunately experienced the opposite effect and great confusion as I went back to watch older content, I honestly felt like I had been stabbed in the heart those first few months of trying to catch up, but it got better and I’m fine now.

Thanks for sharing those stats @alittledizzy! Wow they are working their butts off, but they seem to have been staying at nicer hotels along they way (a few boutique ones, honestly good for them, they deserve all the fancy room service).

@watsonian I’m guessing they’ve watched Portandia.

Thanks @rizzo I had done a half-hearted search and gave up when the husband came up behind me. The only thing I noticed besides the slightly disheveled bed was one white towel peaking out from the bathroom door on the floor. Otherwise the room was pretty meticulous. As far as I can tell, at least of the rooms that we’ve seen in stories and videos, none of them have been suites, though I wouldn’t be surprised if they chose to for their last North American stop.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

as an aussie i really have no extra insight about the pineapples lol but i just did some quick googling and i think they went to this heston blumenthal restaurant in crown??? pretty swanky! :ribena:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... toria.html

someone posted a photo of the spit-roasted pineapple: https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPho ... toria.html
kavat
pastel persona

Susannah wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:04 pm as an aussie i really have no extra insight about the pineapples lol but i just did some quick googling and i think they went to this heston blumenthal restaurant in crown??? pretty swanky! :ribena:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... toria.html

someone posted a photo of the spit-roasted pineapple: https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPho ... toria.html
Oh my, swanky indeed! The main courses average at about 60 AUD so I hope it's as delicious as it looks. I love fancy restaurants (to my wallet's despair) and going to a Heston restaurant is definitely on my bucket list.