Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

You know what was funny? The one fan who said they’d die from Phil not putting his phone in airplane mode, Dan asking how he was going to die, and that brief moment of confusion where the fan was uncertain why Dan didn’t think he was on the plane too. Like why would Phil be on a plane without Dan in 2018. That was funny.

On the subject of who’s ruder, if Dan and Phil were two random adults who just happpened to strike up a conversation, I’m going to dissent and say it’s more rude to shush another person than to interrupt. If you talk over someone it could be accidental and at least you’re being rude because you want to tell them something. Shushing the other person just functions to silence them without necessarily furthering the conversation, and it’s a bit weird and intimate.

But Dan and Phil aren’t two random strangers having their first conversation, so the whole thing seems rather arbitrary. Neither of them is being rude. They have their bants, we have our laughs, and everyone walks away happy and/or mildly traumatized by Phil calling Dan ‘boy.’
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel like the glimpses of less than smooth interaction are totally a reflection of them being tired, and I am definitely on team 'love it.' It feels like a genuine domestic dynamic where they're comfortable with everything, including interrupting and shushing each other, and random little mini aggressive acts (like the candy slapping) and definitely trust that they can do that without more than a momentary glare or eye roll. There's probably no one else who can do that, but they can do that to each other, and it's just accepted with mild fussing and two seconds later they've moved on. I do think the bratty sulking reactions are a touch genuine but played for humor and I think Phil knows it and indulges Dan sometimes and doesn't sometimes (probably depending on context) and Dan accepts it either way. (And imo there's a good chance Phil does tease back or acknowledge it when the camera isn't on them, Phil's probably a master at diffusing Dan tantrums.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

god I'm glad it's not golf
fancybum
senpai

Phil mentioning a mukbang just made my head explode. If the next ap video could be them (or just him I don't care) doing a fucking mukbang I'll give him everything I own. Whose mukbangs has he watched???
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
hello9217
flower crown

That was one of the most disjointed funniest videos. I loved it so much.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i haven't even finished it yet but i keep laughing this vid is so funny and they're so flirty and the whole thing is just amazing omg
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

This video was literally perfect and I love them <3

Best bit was "she says you're... an idiot". Phil's face during that was just 10/10. I guess they're both horrible boys <3
Last edited by Ablissa on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

They really got straight in there with robot/data overlord talk, that went to places (TVs have webcams now?) Amazing how close, but yet far, they were to some answers. They might have got one if they'd searched how to draw hands, plural.

Whiny Phil wanting to do it one more time at the end was cute, total little brother mode. It's funny when Dan gets bossy. They're both looking great too. Can't believe they left in the phone call and rock, paper, scissors for answering the door (how far away is a hotel room door? Lazy boys).
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I watched the video as I was getting ready for work so I don't have many thoughts past: whatever they used to represent an ice capp was some kind of ice coffee, their room service/rock paper scissors intermission was great, I would like them to do a mukbang, idk where their brains were but they definitely weren't focused on the game and I love it, and I'm kind of okay with this series ending, even though it's given us some great bants. But I'll probably come back tonight after a rewatch with some better thoughts
Flomy
sofa crease

What a great video! I usually don't laugh out loud but today is a big exception... damn that was funny. Idk whatever's up with them singing (duets) lately but I am totally here for it. And that whole part after the conversation on the phone, so funny. Will be rewatching (very soon).
autumnhearth
senpai

(Phil Lester voice:) Oh my *gosh*. This video was a hilarious mess. They didn’t even show their answers half the time, but I wouldn’t trade that for all the shenanigans. Every gaming vid should have a pizza intermission. I’m actually glad for the four ads I got on this, one came at the perfect moment, right after Phil said his aunt’s hand piercing might have been a dream, I really needed that time to crack up. AND PHIL HAS A FOLDER OF GAME SHOW IDEAS!!! I forget who suggested that earlier but !!!! And Phil being desperate for that all or nothing, looking around the room for something he could lick. :rofl: A+ loved it.
Philena
blobfish

Literally the best gaming video since yasuhati! I was absolutely dying!! So, so funny, the bants and the editing :rofl:
liola
rankussy

Oh my god that was amazing, I ended up pausing and watching back so many moments cause I was laughing out loud. So touchy and flirty and naughty, that phone call!!

I would literally pay for their food as long as they do a mukbang oh god
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That video saved my morning.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Btw, that webbed area of skin between your thumb and forefinger is called a purlicue, thank you to BuzzFeed for your random knowledge https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstei ... .bulE4rL2L. Of course they also have glabella.

If they can do a mukbang without mouth noises, maybe.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

flarequake wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 pm Whiny Phil wanting to do it one more time at the end was cute, total little brother mode. It's funny when Dan gets bossy. They're both looking great too. Can't believe they left in the phone call and rock, paper, scissors for answering the door (how far away is a hotel room door? Lazy boys).
I took it as they ordered pizza (from another restaurant) and had to retrieve it from the lobby?

I liked the video, it was an absolute mess :lol: and that voice dan kept doing? sassy valley girl? ok then
"Horrible Boy" im crying
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

omg what the hell was that video :rofl:
it reminded me of the last couple of hours on a friday when you're in high school and you start to get all giddy and insane with your friends, just laughing for no reason at all.

but honestly can they have more chemistry -ik, ~vom~ but true-, or be more into each other, or be more flirty, ridiculous or adorable? absolute shits the two of them.
(I adore you d&p :stan: :love1: )
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That video was great, a bit of a mess but in the best way possible. So funny. :rofl:
Will certainly rewatch.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i can't believe i had to watch them flirt and eye-fuck each other for 15 minutes.
the pizza part... i want a mukbang from them.
that was. a flirt fest. i don't have words right now. i feel like i was invading their privacy cause there were moments where i really thought they forgot the camera was there or i actually questioned if they were drunk.
phil putting his head on dan's lap?? illegal.
stellar fuckin vid, boys.
thr only thing i am disappointed in is we did not get to see the domesticity of dan bringing the pizza in and them shutting the camera off.
or... maybe they filmed it....... for... a certain.... channel................
i'm so lonely i would watch them eat food in silence for a half hour.
hi edit again to add: "i can't, i don't have legs"
fuck????? adorable. the way he said it and his face and? i just gotta: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???
"how to milk a man"
my mind went to places... i wish it did not.
Last edited by ratlad on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
yeetussy
glabella

That giddy was such a mess and I’m probably gonna rewatch it like five more times. I’m not too disappointed they’re not playing it again, especially after such a great finale :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:04 pm Phil mentioning a mukbang just made my head explode. If the next ap video could be them (or just him I don't care) doing a fucking mukbang I'll give him everything I own. Whose mukbangs has he watched???
Idk why it never occurred to me, but it makes such perfect sense that food+ mindless chatter = perfect Phil entertainment.

Maybe he's foreshadowing, maybe that'll be the next AP video
drago
tol bean

I don't understand why did they lie about "rock, paper, scissors", it's clear from the video that Dan actually won, why did he go to pick up food?
Ablissa
pastel persona

drago wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:11 pm I don't understand why did they lie about "rock, paper, scissors", it's clear from the video that Dan actually won, why did he go to pick up food?
I may be wrong but I think Phil won two, they tied two and Dan won one, so Dan lost. They did 5 out of 5.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:04 pm
fancybum wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:04 pm Phil mentioning a mukbang just made my head explode. If the next ap video could be them (or just him I don't care) doing a fucking mukbang I'll give him everything I own. Whose mukbangs has he watched???
Idk why it never occurred to me, but it makes such perfect sense that food+ mindless chatter = perfect Phil entertainment.

Maybe he's foreshadowing, maybe that'll be the next AP video
Ok I just realized all that would really be is a solo liveshow + food (-obnoxious screen emojis), but I mean.. I'll take it :pancakes:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

that was the best mess i've ever experienced on youtube. the quality content i am here for. dan pushing phil back with his arm..... and phil grabbing it.

that bed still being there.

phil loopy determination to play again.

dan not actually speaking english by the end.

all. the. flirting.

rewatching this another 5 times.