Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i went to see some whales once in canada and didn't see much but they seem to have seen beautiful whales! i'm happy for them!
:gayaf:
George
sad dimple

When I was whale watching, I become so seasick I threw up. And I wasn't the only one. So good luck Phil. Oh, and also didn't see a whale (a few dolphins tho).
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Sorry to be such a downer because I love their little excursions, but whale watching is actually very stressful for the whales themselves, and as much as I adore them their constant "we love animals" schtick when both still eat animal products and use cruelty cosmetic brands drives me nuts. :tsk:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
ratlad
angel bean

i'm so tired that i tried googling "blue whales" cause i forgot their name but instead i just typed in "the big one"
:bedtime:
anyway, my dad used to be a fisherman (before i was born i think?) and once he seen a blue whale tail come outta the ocean.
the story sounds more interesting in my head than it actually is, probably cause i'm easily fascinated and terrified of the ocean.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Andy
squish
Pronouns: she/her

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:22 am I love you all. Thanks so much for your priceless input. I was ready yesterday to ask my husband if I could slap his pj clad bum just as a sound test, but he caught me watching the clip and would have known the reason and judged me hard.
THIS.
This is the best comment to come out of the butt slap discussion, got me giggling like a lunatic :rofl:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

phanfckingtastic wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:00 am Sorry to be such a downer because I love their little excursions, but whale watching is actually very stressful for the whales themselves, and as much as I adore them their constant "we love animals" schtick when both still eat animal products and use cruelty cosmetic brands drives me nuts. :tsk:
I understand why you would have concerns but whale/dolphin watching in Australia/New Zealand is pretty regulated.
I looked into it and the company says the following:
1 of only 2 commercial vessel’s allowed in the marine park for whale watching.
Eco Accredited
A portion of every ticket price is donated to ongoing whale research.
Brisbane Whale Watching is Australian owned and operated.

I summarised it a bit as it was a lot of text.

I also had a look at the Australian regulations because I was interested which you can find here http://www.environment.gov.au/marine/ma ... n-watching

Sorry for the blurb but you sparked my interest. Also I'm a bit defensive because I've been around whales and dolphins in this sort of environment. Not on one of these trips specifically but I've been on another boat nearby and they were always careful not to stress them out. The whales/dolphins usually got curious instead.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
autumnhearth
senpai

Well thanks @Andy but I think @ratlad takes the cake for actually slapping his own bum for science. Also @ame is a hero. :love1:

I don’t know why I woke up at 5:30am from a dream that Phil’s surname at birth wasn’t Lester (I forget what it was now, it maybe began with a M and was either Spanish or Italian in origin and had to do with the plot of a movie, something with half-brothers. There were some Coco vibes), but I am glad I was up for whale watching, maybe... thanks for that info @lilabet Anyone else bummed that Phil was doing the Titanic pose alone?

phanfckingtastic
living flop

lilabet wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:25 pm
phanfckingtastic wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:00 am Sorry to be such a downer because I love their little excursions, but whale watching is actually very stressful for the whales themselves, and as much as I adore them their constant "we love animals" schtick when both still eat animal products and use cruelty cosmetic brands drives me nuts. :tsk:
I understand why you would have concerns but whale/dolphin watching in Australia/New Zealand is pretty regulated.
I looked into it and the company says the following:
1 of only 2 commercial vessel’s allowed in the marine park for whale watching.
Eco Accredited
A portion of every ticket price is donated to ongoing whale research.
Brisbane Whale Watching is Australian owned and operated.

I summarised it a bit as it was a lot of text.

I also had a look at the Australian regulations because I was interested which you can find here http://www.environment.gov.au/marine/ma ... n-watching

Sorry for the blurb but you sparked my interest. Also I'm a bit defensive because I've been around whales and dolphins in this sort of environment. Not on one of these trips specifically but I've been on another boat nearby and they were always careful not to stress them out. The whales/dolphins usually got curious instead.
Thanks for the link, but according to other articles like this one https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ut-whales/ although dependent on several factors, I'd say err on the side of not bothering the animals in the first place. As a principle I never engage in anything that involves paying money to see or touch an animal, even in the wild. Imo one can simply donate to animal welfare or research without contributing to the stress or industry of exploitation in the first place because we want to see the animal up close.
With animals and children I follow one rule: their needs over our wants.

-
Anyway.
Nice photo of Phil's back, very titanic-esque. :thumb: Very curious to see what they will get up to in the next couple of weeks travel/accommodation wise in between shows.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I feel a bit bad objectifying him, but Phil’s bum looks great in that photo. He looks good from most angles, especially with a spine twist. I like that he’s getting that jumper out for adventures. Mine arrived today along with the socks, lion et al and is all soft and fleecy inside.
lilabet
philussy

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm surprised no pics from Martyn or Cornelia - wonder if they actually went alone? Or maybe some of the other team members were with them.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

George wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:21 am When I was whale watching, I become so seasick I threw up. And I wasn't the only one. So good luck Phil. Oh, and also didn't see a whale (a few dolphins tho).
Me, having horrific flashbacks to my family’s whale-watching attempt last month. :dead2:
Seriously though, if Phil gets carsick I’m very impressed he managed to handle an open-water tour, eSPECIALLY if it was 4 hours long like mine was...
lilabet
philussy

Just for posterity :D
Phandom Gives
knq
lava lamp

You know, I think if we had a list of all the non-human animals Dan has hit on it would be shockingly long. :bear:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

watsonian wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:25 pm You know, I think if we had a list of all the non-human animals Dan has hit on it would be shockingly long. :bear:
Secondary, not quite as long but still impressive list: all the times Phil has commented on animals mating.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phil might be a bit like me in that I get car-sick all the time, but I love boats and have no problem enjoying a day out on the water. Bodies are weird.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:33 pm
watsonian wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:25 pm You know, I think if we had a list of all the non-human animals Dan has hit on it would be shockingly long. :bear:
Secondary, not quite as long but still impressive list: all the times Phil has commented on animals mating.
I saw the IG story about the whales mating and I thought 'only them.' Anyone else I hear about going whale watching ends up disappointed by how few whales they get to see. But Dan and Phil? The whales are having sex. Like the gay lions Phil saw at a zoo and the beluga whales they saw at Sea World. This isn't even the first time they've seen specifically whales have sex. :shrug:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

rizzo wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:34 pm Phil might be a bit like me in that I get car-sick all the time, but I love boats and have no problem enjoying a day out on the water. Bodies are weird.
I was about to comment that! 10 minutes in a car or on a bus for me is like hell, even if I'm not reading anything, but I have absolutely no problems on a boat, no matter how little or how much time I spend in one... weird but its how it is :shrug:
ratlad
angel bean

last night i dreamt that dnp uploaded another keep talking and nobody explodes vid! and now i want it! please!
liola
rankussy

ratlad wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:58 pm last night i dreamt that dnp uploaded another keep talking and nobody explodes vid! and now i want it! please!
Funny you mention a dnp video because after an entire day of travelling my sleep deprived brain last night supplied a dream where during gamingmas, to spice up the sims, dan and phil followed through with their original idea of when they first started the series and created themselves in the sims to "check up on Dil and have some festive family time" and they made sure the audience knew that they were spouses and I woke up confused, not at the video itself, mostly because I was sure it was still mid August and if it was gamingmas I was seriously behind on buying christmas presents! :shrug: :number1:

Anyway the whale date was surprisingly cute, and their couple selfie! I like how at this point a selfie of the two of them isn't even a rare occurrence, just something that we've come to accept as it's gonna happen at least once a week, and I also love the serious power couple vibe they keep giving out!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean

liola wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:08 pm
ratlad wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:58 pm last night i dreamt that dnp uploaded another keep talking and nobody explodes vid! and now i want it! please!
Funny you mention a dnp video because after an entire day of travelling my sleep deprived brain last night supplied a dream where during gamingmas, to spice up the sims, dan and phil followed through with their original idea of when they first started the series and created themselves in the sims to "check up on Dil and have some festive family time" and they made sure the audience knew that they were spouses and I woke up confused, not at the video itself, mostly because I was sure it was still mid August and if it was gamingmas I was seriously behind on buying christmas presents! :shrug: :number1:

Anyway the whale date was surprisingly cute, and their couple selfie! I like how at this point a selfie of the two of them isn't even a rare occurrence, just something that we've come to accept as it's gonna happen at least once a week, and I also love the serious power couple vibe they keep giving out!
ok now i want that to happen as well, we should just run dnp's channel tbh.
i love the power couple photos so much,,, also the captions: beach bros, monochrome mates, kangaroo krew, lake lads etc..
they just give off rich gay uncle vibes that you're not that much in contact with but you're both supportive of each other and you like all their pictures on Facebook of their luxurious dates and adventures.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A few days ago on tumblr someone asked me about 'I love you and your bird nose' and I'm transported back to 2016, it's haunting me again now. Anyone want to do a wild conspiracy theories, 2018 version? Who did Dan complain about? Who caught him complaining? Who was he quoting? Was someone talking about Phil? Was Dan talking about Phil? Also, how was that over two years ago?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

TripAdvisor hotel critic Phil Lester strikes again.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m not searching Brisbane hotels/services apartments with a view you are. No, I totally am. No conclusions, except envy.
hello9217
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 am I’m not searching Brisbane hotels/services apartments with a view you are. No, I totally am. No conclusions, except envy.
Lol I'm pretty sure its the marriott.