Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Quick ~spon for a couple new FAQ pages that were added to the thread earlier tonight.

For all your Super Amazing Project or Radio 1 show needs, click on those handy links! (seriously though, if you need any radio show info I've got so much in my brain...like...it's just there now and it's not going anywhere)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:36 am Quick ~spon for a couple new FAQ pages that were added to the thread earlier tonight.

For all your Super Amazing Project or Radio 1 show needs, click on those handy links! (seriously though, if you need any radio show info I've got so much in my brain...like...it's just there now and it's not going anywhere)
thank you for this! this is very cool!
i miss the radio show tbh,,, so many good things.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:29 am
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 am I’m not searching Brisbane hotels/services apartments with a view you are. No, I totally am. No conclusions, except envy.
Lol I'm pretty sure its the marriott.
See I was thinking Meriton Suites just one block over :lol: (really high towers, rooms with windows with multiple views and the sofas kinda sorta match the one in their last ls?)

You’re awesome @obsessivelymoody
Phantasy
woodland creature

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:01 am
hello9217 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:29 am
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 am I’m not searching Brisbane hotels/services apartments with a view you are. No, I totally am. No conclusions, except envy.
Lol I'm pretty sure its the marriott.
See I was thinking Meriton Suites just one block over :lol: (really high towers, rooms with windows with multiple views and the sofas kinda sorta match the one in their last ls?)

You’re awesome @obsessivelymoody
Yep, Meriton Suites on Adelaide St. :thumb:
autumnhearth
senpai

Woot woot! But more importantly the guys must be heading off to New Zealand! Go see some hobbits and sheep!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:52 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:36 am Quick ~spon for a couple new FAQ pages that were added to the thread earlier tonight.

thank you for this! this is very cool!
i miss the radio show tbh,,, so many good things.
I miss the Radio 1 show too and the Super Amazing Project. I wish Dan and Phil would start a new project, like a podcast or something, where they could bring back the best bits from both projects.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Just finished reading- I loved it! Very insightful and well-organized. Made me super nostalgic for all the radio show moments... what a good phase of life! <3
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

hey this is pretty great! i actually got obsessed with deppy via the superamazingproject (i watched all their joint videos before going back and watching solo vids, because i liked their chemistry). <3
anushwa
crusty sponge

NEAT!! i like it, it made me miss the show a lot :o
god i was such an idiot, the radio show would begin at like 12:30am??? for me on sunday nights at first (which already sucked) but then it moved to monday nights!!! and i used to have weekly tests every tuesday so.. On top of that, i was a Child so i couldn't really stay up on the computer so i'd use my phone to listen to the show while liveblogging it on my tumblr (using the phone browser.) while pretending i was asleep if my mum walked into my room. WHY, why was i like this. Still i miss it a lot. I miss the miscellaneous topics they'd come up with and discuss in their shows!! I hope they consider doing a podcast at some point.

And that article! I have read it before, but idk why i never noticed the... mean spirited tone in it? idk how but i saw it as a lighthearted comment? but i mean it's clearly not lmao what was i thinking.
Cooper says: "We've looked at YouTubers, people like Dan & Phil, but they get tempted by huge amounts of money and go off on world tours around America and Australia."
uh also, is mimei still in nz? I hope they meet if she is! It's high time dnp meet their Actual YT Friends who actually want to see their show and them. Hm, i mean louise and tom and seth did go didn't they? that's valid.
"the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i just had a look and it's amazing!! wow! thank you very much :stan:
:gayaf:
Ataraxia25
flower crown

sorry for the double post, the boys have arrived in NZ
Flomy
sofa crease

I laughed. :mrgreen:
ratlad
angel bean

whos sitting across from dan in the pic he posted to twitter?
is it duncan? he dyed his hair light blonde recently :hmmm:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kavat
pastel persona

All that tweet makes me think of is Mr Napkin Head from The Holiday.
And well done @obsessivelymoody, those are great summaries! :thumb:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

My one hope for the boys while in NZ is that they realise it's more than LOTR. I also hope they have a good time.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
phanfckingtastic
living flop

It's so cool they're getting to spend extra free time in certain places, this tour seems like such a genuinely lovely experience for them. <3
I wonder if they have plans to go back home in between or at the very end, after India (if tbc dates fall through).

-
On youtube culture and the og uk community:

As someone who's been watching them since 2008/9 I'm always fascinated by the old school youtubers and the uk "community" in particular, so found this new video by Gary C interesting -especially seeing how different their paths have been, and how d&p can be included to an extent in what he describes as bigger fake youtubers, but ones that we know in the last year have decided to become more honest again (also to an extent of course).

eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
autumnhearth
senpai

anushwa wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:45 am uh also, is mimei still in nz? I hope they meet if she is! It's high time dnp meet their Actual YT Friends who actually want to see their show and them. Hm, i mean louise and tom and seth did go didn't they? that's valid.
Seth?
ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 am whos sitting across from dan in the pic he posted to twitter?
is it duncan? he dyed his hair light blonde recently :hmmm:
I hope you are both right. I think the person to the right of the second sunglasses reflection could be Mimei with her hair up (is this what my life has come to?)
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:57 am A few days ago on tumblr someone asked me about 'I love you and your bird nose' and I'm transported back to 2016, it's haunting me again now. Anyone want to do a wild conspiracy theories, 2018 version? Who did Dan complain about? Who caught him complaining? Who was he quoting? Was someone talking about Phil? Was Dan talking about Phil? Also, how was that over two years ago?
TWO YEARS??? We are all dying

Amazing! Can't wait to sit down with some tea later today to read this and have freakouts about how much I miss the radio show.

also them in NZ is giving me heart palpitations, my sister is there and while it's on the other side of the world for me I just gave her a crash course in dnp just in case she spots them in the wild (with warnings not to be a creep and take pictures hiding because that was something she would absolutely do :roll: :lol: ) never thought I would tell anyone irl about them omg this is lame but huge for me
sonicgreen
woodland creature

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:56 pm
anushwa wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:45 am uh also, is mimei still in nz? I hope they meet if she is! It's high time dnp meet their Actual YT Friends who actually want to see their show and them. Hm, i mean louise and tom and seth did go didn't they? that's valid.
Seth?
They're referring to Seth Everman, I don't think him and Dan have had any correspondence outside online interactions, but he went to II this spring. (him and dan interact on twitter a lot) He's known for youtube/piano/general memes I guess.
Last edited by sonicgreen on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knq
lava lamp

(This comment has no central theme at all.)

smh phil
Does anyone else get scared for past!Phil and past!Dan? Like, whenever I see something old and they're putting on their fireplace I'm like ASDFJKLSAFDJSA NO YOU HAVE 3 GAS LEAKS
Past!Phil's just out there leaning out windows to take pretty pictures and I'm

Spoiler for PJ's theater/live show?

I didn't know PJ was doing a theater/live show about space but it looks kind of amazing and apparently Chris is going to be in it. From what very, very little I know about Chris(I have the impression he doesn't enjoy phandom or fans so I don't follow him) he seems like a lonely person and I like thinking the "Fantastic Foursome" whatever that was are still supporting each other.
Hopefully Dan and Phil will get to go to the show when they finish their own!

dan's mouth
Someone posted a bunch of YouTube gaming channel thumbnails of Dan making the same face and I'd just like to remind everyone that, according to Dan, Phil makes the thumbnails and Dan names the videos. So Phil just sees Dan's mouth make that particular shape and thinks "yep that's what the people want right there." No shade it's a great face it can do what it wants.

lionbabe
Finally, If you've literally ever watched a compilation of cute Phan moments you've probably seen this clip from the radio:
Which is commonly interpreted (including by me) as Dan thinking Phil was calling him babe on the radio when it's actually the name of a band followed by Dan being an awkward blushing mess. So I was surprised when I watched the full radio show and Dan and Phil discuss the name of the band, LIONBABE, immediately before they play it.
http://youtu.be/3bnh2fO3IWM?t=8m15s

With that context it seems less likely that Dan was confused by the name of the band as Phil had just said it in his Deep Voice 3 minutes before. Although then you have to explain what Dan's awkward and blushing about. I wondered what others thought: if you saw the clip before you saw the full show or the other way around, if you think Phil has called or calls Dan babe, or any other thoughts people have on this really!

I'm not trying to poke any anti-phans with a stick, so I hope I haven't worded that poorly. :love1: I check the 'long term, committed relationship' box of the Phandom Survey and little moments that show up in cute phan compilations have nothing to do with that, but I'm always a bit put out when context makes something cute and coupley seem less cute and coupley.
autumnhearth
senpai

sonicgreen wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:47 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:56 pm
Seth?
They're referring to Seth Everman, I don't think him and Dan have had any correspondence outside online interactions, but he went to II this spring. (him and dan interact on twitter a lot) He's known for youtube/piano/general memes I guess.
Thanks, that is the Seth that came to mind, but I didn’t know (or perhaps remember) he had gone to a show and I’m not sure if I would call them friends, but he has been interacting with them social media, though sometimes it seems a bit one sided.

@watsonian Lol at the thumbnail compilation. I really have no opinion on Lion Babe, personally I don’t see it as much of a phan moment as others do, but the added context is good to have. Also my husband would very much like to see PJ’s show if it crosses the pond eventually.
liola
rankussy

@watsonian as someone who watched the entire show after the clip, I always thought Dan got flustered because of the slight pause between lion and babe that Phil seems to do, and how he turns to look at Dan in that moment which makes it seem like it's directly addressing him. There's no denying Dan got really flustered and there's been another instance even recently (the fundal height moment in Louise's pregnancy video) that leads me to believe "babe" is a definite pet name between them. So I guess I'm still a believer of "that's a cute shippy moment"
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It was under a spoiler, but I’ll say it here, I watched Gary C’s video and it was interesting about the culture now. I didn’t relate it to Deps, but I remember that video by crabstickz shading them for putting on personalities to get more popular. Also, I’ve watched some of Chris’ YouNows and Twitch streams and don’t think he hates people in the phandom being his fans, he likes some attention and tips on the stream, but he doesn’t love being asked about the foursome and it’s sad that he’s the one who gets asked about it for some reason (I haven’t watched many of PJ’s streams to know).

Also, spoiler for PJ’s show
I’m so happy Chris is in it now. He’s such a good actor, so expressive, and I’m always so happy for him that he’s got an acting job.
I saw the test version in Brighton and it’s a lot of fun. It pretty much sold out in London in 10 minutes so if it goes well, he might be able to take it wider.

I loved Dan’s napkin selfie. It’s pretty patronising when people start with “put down the phone and live”. Phil’s hotel room view photos are amazing. Also the sky view of New Zealand, I always forget how lush it is.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

@watsonian (or anyone else who knows, for that matter) where did dan say that phil is the one choosing the thumbnail of the vids while dan is the one choosing the name? when i saw your post it seemed vaguely familiar but i don't remember from where

liola wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:30 pm @watsonian as someone who watched the entire show after the clip, I always thought Dan got flustered because of the slight pause between lion and babe that Phil seems to do, and how he turns to look at Dan in that moment which makes it seem like it's directly addressing him. There's no denying Dan got really flustered and there's been another instance even recently (the fundal height moment in Louise's pregnancy video) that leads me to believe "babe" is a definite pet name between them. So I guess I'm still a believer of "that's a cute shippy moment"
i agree on that! i already thought they used 'babe' as a pet name (because of louise's video) but after watching that clip i'm even more convinced! and i also see it as a cute phan moment! does anyone know if this kind of thing - one of them being flustered because they thought it was meant for them - happened with other nicknames?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ahh I'm like astounded by all the kind words about the faqs! Thanks to everyone who said something. I'm glad people are liking it <3
liola wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:30 pm @watsonian as someone who watched the entire show after the clip, I always thought Dan got flustered because of the slight pause between lion and babe that Phil seems to do, and how he turns to look at Dan in that moment which makes it seem like it's directly addressing him. There's no denying Dan got really flustered and there's been another instance even recently (the fundal height moment in Louise's pregnancy video) that leads me to believe "babe" is a definite pet name between them. So I guess I'm still a believer of "that's a cute shippy moment"
I'm inclined to agree with this. I also think that maybe what song/band they were playing slipped Dan's mind because of all the random stuff they do while the song is playing, and because it's not a group he's not entirely familiar with or listens to regularly. Regardless of anything though, I'm still going to treat it as a cute moment and use 'babe' in their canon :shrug: