Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Oh you're right, totally two beds in the reflection!

In the liveshow they said they had planned on doing some more tour bus gaming, I wonder if they got that done today?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

God, that video was so good. I'm generally not a huge fan of overcooked because Dan's rapid yelling stresses me out (I say that and make a complete hypocrite out of myself because I'm definitely that person playing video games :roll:), but this was just so great. I loved the intro so much, and wouldn't mind at all if they wanted to do that more often. Lmao to the top/bottom jokes. Keep them coming tbh. Thanks to everyone for being so quick about the hotel room too. I definitely rewound and paused the video pretty quick the first time lol. I love that we're at the point where they'll mention something like that and provide a picture. (Also Phil saying that they should have gone on tour with Harry Styles at 1:42? I'm here for it. Still waiting for that Harry/Phil collab)

And super late side note: once again huge thanks to @sonicgreen and @Catallena for blessing us with the rize liveshow!! It was so lovely to rewatch
greenergrass
stress mushroom

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 am (Also Phil saying that they should have gone on tour with Harry Styles at 1:42? I'm here for it. Still waiting for that Harry/Phil collab)
lmao. one day. if we keep putting it out into the universe
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Something I find really interesting is that especially in the Overcooked videos Phil 's inability to handle stressful situations comes up a lot. I know they probably play that up a bit but Phil has talked about his anxiety more in the last few years and I wonder how much that impacts his life and if he's always been like that or if it started/got worse when he was at uni.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:57 am Something I find really interesting is that especially in the Overcooked videos Phil 's inability to handle stressful situations comes up a lot. I know they probably play that up a bit but Phil has talked about his anxiety more in the last few years and I wonder how much that impacts his life and if he's always been like that or if it started/got worse when he was at uni.
That's a really good question, I think it's entirely possible that things developed for him at uni or once he was out living an adult life. I actually think he seems like the type of person who only flounders in stressful situations when they're fast-paced. I think his fear of disaster scenarios and anxiety probably leads him to be a really well-prepared person the rest of the time (I guess I'm thinking particularly in business situations) which can undercut a lot of potential stress.

On a similar note of Phil and his anxieties, I responded to something on twitter today and ended up talking about how he referred to Dan not waking up as the "scariest part" of the bus crash and how that might tie in to his catastrophizing about home invasion and dangerous situations out in public, plus his fear of family/loved ones dying. Does he have a genuine fear that if something happened in the house Dan wouldn't wake up or wouldn't notice?
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:47 am ... two suitcases, one bed? Or is there a second bed out of sight? Can anyone figure out what hotel it is? (Since there's absolutely no chance they're still there, past location sharing is totally fair game.)
I need a second viewing of the video but I love the long intro, I love the top/bottom jokes (when they actually come from Dan and Phil directly), and I love their giddy bickery hotel room vibes.
It strikes me that, as there were two beds in the room, Dan could have easily zoomed out enough to show both in the photo. They know what their phandom is like. They've emphasized their separate rooms before, even in the year of 20-gay-teen. But Dan just didn't. Even though it wasn't at all out of his way to do so. So that's a thing.

Can we play the identify everything interesting in the photo game?

Near the door: the long green can of some soft of aerosol and the rust colored thing beside it that sort of looks like a sad puppet. In Phil's suitcase: The bright orange phallic thing (nothing in my life was phallic before I started watching dnp. they ruined me) What looks like but definitely isn't the top half of a lava lamp beside the phallic orange thing. Something tan and round that sort of looks like a cozy for a tennis racket. Dan's semi-transparent raincoat? In Dan's suitcase: a single pair of Calvin Klein underwear draped over a hat. A bag that says 'now' 'tomo' and 'to go.' The smallest strip of something light yellow which may indicate Dan's entire wardrobe isn't black and white after all, and one very lonely looking shoe.

And of course, a lot of cords and one dangerously balanced television.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

0:00 - rip phils elbow, but also i love this long ass intro. 10/10 would watch again
0:18 - "phils tickled his funny bone and now its time for me to tickle yours" look at this man trying to do dad jokes
0:33 - this entire weather bit gave me life....i love how phil just casually goes "here, let me do it" but fails (the crickets is me cackling)
1:35 - love how phil checks out his man, alright we get it hes a snacc
2:45 - "so look forward to phil shoving that joycon...um....through my ear....into my brain" "where the sun dont shine" for a split second there i thought dan was going to imply phil shoving toys in his ass but go off i guess
2:58 - "i want to play a game. the game is: 'how long can dan and phil talk for before they start playing the game'" what? no, keep talking
3:45 - "phil would just lay himself and be like: butter me bigteezy" "get that toaST INSIDE ME" guys calm down...your food kink is showing
4:34 - "what are they gunna do? be - fricking, putting their willies in dead food" dan what the fuck
4:44 - dan howell slapped phil lester's thigh, no one can change my mind. ive rewatched this part so many times. slapping your own knee/thigh indicates an "aha!" moment or an "oof, that was close!" in terms of body language, so it doesnt make sense in the context that dan would slap his own thigh. him slapping phils tho makes more sense context-wise since dan saying "YOU JUST SPOILED IT!" indicates that its directed at phil. i obviously need help
5:12 - "the game got to a pun before me!" well........technically, dan did right at the start of the video. step up your dad game phil
5:20 - "i am on the top half. phil is the guy on the bottom half, just so you know." "dan is the panda, and i am not the panda" "(awkward giggle)that works" keep it coming boys
7:08 - "just get in my brain and well be ok" further proof that theyre just one person
8:09 - "right how about i give directions on the next one. you can be my panda slave" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) "OOHHH yOu CAn sEE the MOUNTAINS!"
9:27 - "OK DAN YOU TAKE CHARGE IM STRESSED" 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 well that only took you like, uh, a few seconds
9:50 - i cry-laughed when the comic sans "you" started popping up
10:17 -
d: "what would happen if you were -
p: "i would chop my hand off"
d: "-solely inTARGED of our tour"
p: "INTARGED. intArGeDDD"
d: "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAN SAID SOMETHING WRONG OOOOOOOOOOOOO KJHDLETS TALK ABOUT EET CDLKFJLKJLK HE SAID INTARGED JIOPWE HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA-"
10:30 - "im just a place hoe. i know my place." "know you PLATES" "plaTO more like plateHOE" then dan proceeds to make more puns, seriously phil, dan had said more puns in this video than you did
10:47 - that cheeky face bonk
11:30 - "i guess you could say its - RATaTWOee! cz theres two of us" dan gets another point
13:35 - the exact moment phil's soul left this realm
14:07 - "just slowly massage me with your words"
16:13 - that felt like a climax of a shounen anime episode
17:14 - "look at what he did" "iM usually tidy" sure phil sure
18:21 - #babuse :')

well, that was a thing
"you are next to me in my life"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

watsonian wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:29 am
Can we play the identify everything interesting in the photo game?

Near the door: the long green can of some soft of aerosol and the rust colored thing beside it that sort of looks like a sad puppet. In Phil's suitcase: The bright orange phallic thing (nothing in my life was phallic before I started watching dnp. they ruined me) What looks like but definitely isn't the top half of a lava lamp beside the phallic orange thing. Something tan and round that sort of looks like a cozy for a tennis racket. Dan's semi-transparent raincoat? In Dan's suitcase: a single pair of Calvin Klein underwear draped over a hat. A bag that says 'now' 'tomo' and 'to go.' The smallest strip of something light yellow which may indicate Dan's entire wardrobe isn't black and white after all, and one very lonely looking shoe.

And of course, a lot of cords and one dangerously balanced television.
The aerosol can is almost definitely a can of Batiste dry shampoo and I'm pretty sure the orange thing is a Lacie external hard drive. Other than that I can't really identify anything else, which is a shame because I was hoping for a "I'M A MESS" kind of slip-up (lmao I did not intend the pun there but I'll take it)

Thanks for the great timestamps @ame!
lesterchuu
philussy

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 am
Amiaw wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:57 am Something I find really interesting is that especially in the Overcooked videos Phil 's inability to handle stressful situations comes up a lot. I know they probably play that up a bit but Phil has talked about his anxiety more in the last few years and I wonder how much that impacts his life and if he's always been like that or if it started/got worse when he was at uni.
That's a really good question, I think it's entirely possible that things developed for him at uni or once he was out living an adult life. I actually think he seems like the type of person who only flounders in stressful situations when they're fast-paced. I think his fear of disaster scenarios and anxiety probably leads him to be a really well-prepared person the rest of the time (I guess I'm thinking particularly in business situations) which can undercut a lot of potential stress.

On a similar note of Phil and his anxieties, I responded to something on twitter today and ended up talking about how he referred to Dan not waking up as the "scariest part" of the bus crash and how that might tie in to his catastrophizing about home invasion and dangerous situations out in public, plus his fear of family/loved ones dying. Does he have a genuine fear that if something happened in the house Dan wouldn't wake up or wouldn't notice?
something i noticed is that phil easily crumbles when the responsibility is pushed to him or if there is a slight chance that HE would fail at something. this video was a good example of that. however, when it comes to stressful situations where a close one's (usually dan) safety and well-being is at risk, its like a switch has been flipped and now hes suddenly mr. super reliable. the closest example to this that i could point out is the "dan nearly blinds himself" incident.

so yeah i guess its kind of an extension to his personality. its easy to put two and two together and see how phil really puts those he loves as his priority. he is truly fearful of either losing them or having them be in a risky situation because he genuinely cares about them. if we go back to that pottermore video (i think it was the patronus one, im not sure), during the part where he has to choose a word that best describes him, phil chose "protect" while dan showed disagreement and said "serve" describes him better. i feel like thats really telling.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

@ame i love the time stamps, your commentary made my night :lol:
lesterchuu
philussy

thanks @obsessivelymoody and @sonicgreen, just had a shitty day at work (one of our kids got his hand stuck in the elevator door so i had to write a report about it and call a bunch of people including his parents to get him picked up to get him checked out to make sure he didnt break any bones - tho his mom called later after they went to the doctor and said he was ok so alls fine i guess, still stressed me out the entire day tho) so their video ready lifted up my spirits ; u;
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Hello, I ask this not as a mod but as someone whose eyes get really tired by the end of the day....I enjoy reading everyone's posts, but the "tiny" font is really challenging! (Yes, I could re-figure out how to magnify my screen on my laptop, but, ya know.) The process would be easier if I could read posts straight through. :tu:

No worries if the tiny font is what really works for a particular post, though! :lilheart:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lesterchuu
philussy

lefthandedism wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:34 am Hello, I ask this not as a mod but as someone whose eyes get really tired by the end of the day....I enjoy reading everyone's posts, but the "tiny" font is really challenging! (Yes, I could re-figure out how to magnify my screen on my laptop, but, ya know.) The process would be easier if I could read posts straight through. :tu:

No worries if the tiny font is what really works for a particular post, though! :lilheart:
oh sorry, i just used the tiny font as an effect to describe my feelings over the situation, but yeah ill keep this in mind. thanks for politely reminding!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i watched the vid at 2am when it was uploaded but my eyes were half closed the whole time and my brain were not in it.
i just rewatched it and my first thought was : wow this is clearly not the same video i watched during the night haha!
i loved it anyway! deppy playing overcooked always cracks me up! and they looked so good wow!

and i don’t know if it’s just an illusion but i felt like the vid quality was way better than the ones before, i feel like everything was in HD! my eyes loved it!
:gayaf:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rip tour bus. I still love the name they gave it too. I do wonder why they never used the lounge area for gaming though. Maybe the lighting didn't work out or the mirror was distracting? Anyway, I do not appreciate Dan calling the mirror sexy after what uh, I wrote when they did the initial tour of the bus lmao give me my 4th wall back
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Want to give props to Dan for how he introduced the different characters you can play as.
If you had put me on the spot to name them, I'd probably had said "Black guy" (Dan: Normal guy) or "Asian guy" (Dan: Dude with hair accessoire).

Also, the comment section is yelling for an ISG but I swear to god, if Dan comes back with an ISG I'll not watch out of protest.
liola
rankussy

Oh my god that video was incredible. I watched it during slow moments at work (bad adult here) and I had to pause it all the time to stop from laughing out loud. I love them I do
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Apparently this was at the show
Someone else said Dan shot it out of the gun :rofl:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
annabanana
sofa crease

lilabet wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 am Apparently this was at the show
Someone else said Dan shot it out of the gun :rofl:
holy shit that is amazing. i'm so hyped for all the extra things they are going to add to the filmed show!
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I’m gonna say what maybe like 12 of us are thinking. I’m hyped about all the extra shit these last few shows are getting, but real damn bitter my show and the countless others before these didn’t get them.

I wanted all that fun stuff too!!!

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love the extra thing from the show, that’s cute. I’m intrigued to see what else they’re doing for the filmed one.

I was so glad for the video after feeling ill and tired all day. I loved it, though plus one to Phil’s patience. I’d want to punch Dan’s teeth out if he kept on at me like that. Gotta say, I think those rats are mice, but keep on the cute branding, guys. Seeing the messy suitcases was funny especially the pretty pink and purple hoodies strewn around like everything else. I love how they turned the tv round and it’s half hanging off, but it has a good base. I loved the long intro too, good bants.
dancy
procrastinator

Loved the intro, loved the banter, loved everything! Though I think we can all agree that D&P should not run a restaurant together ;) Shame they never ended up filming anything in the gaming lounge, I was hoping for another 1-2-Switch video but I guess they couldn't make it work for whatever reason. I also can't believe they're already leaving the tour bus, it feels like they just got on it.
I love the dollar bills and the fact that they brought Phantastic Phacts back! I wonder what other special things they've planned for today's show... Were there any differences between the TATINOF movie and the other shows they performed?
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

Apparently the fire alarm went off at one of the shows. Their reaction was interesting
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Afunnyworld wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 pm Apparently the fire alarm went off at one of the shows. Their reaction was interesting
Interesting indeed! Phil makes sure right away that his ear monitors are in in case he'd be given an instruction via that.

Though I am very sure that they have been trained for this. As the performers, they have the strongest influence on the audience and can help to avoid a stampede if anything were to happen or if they had to evacuate.
hello9217
flower crown

dancy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 pm Were there any differences between the TATINOF movie and the other shows they performed?
The only things I can think of is that the TATINOF movie had confetti at the end and also when they finished the show they came back out and performed the other options that could have been chosen.