Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

credit: louvrephil

credit: doddleoddlc

credit: amazinqphil
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

wow this is such a great way to be welcomed into the new thread :stan:
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Just so no one misses it from the last thread, the latest liveshow:
Catallena wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am WEE WOO WEE WOO IT'S HERE!! :stan: :stan: :stan:

Five hours of rendering kinda had me rocking back and forth in the corner at various points during the night, but we did it. Everyone say thanks to my laptop for not dying, and the heat for not allowing me to sleep anyway so that I was able to do this. :thumb:

If you enjoyed this video give it a thumbs up, click subscribe and hit the bell icon to be notified whenever I upload a new video!
And a few posts I didn't get to respond to before the last thread closed:
starwatersong wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm One of Dan’s likes on Twitter:
Oh, Dan. <3
watsonian wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:07 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm I'm timestamping the video right now but the whole countdown bit at 12:23 to around 12:45ish is is fascinating to me. I feel like it's an example of Dan feeling contradiction a lot more keenly on camera and how he has minor shutdown moments when he's faced with something he gets wrong/misunderstands and it's in front of people he's not super comfortable with.

P: I said countdown. Count. Down. Might start tomorrow.
D: Alright. Sure. Fine.

Not that I think Phil was being overly harsh - nor do I think that kind of response is outside the realm of what's comfortable to them normally. But live in front of thousands of people isn't 'normal.' Dan's reaction actually reminded me of how he faltered visibly when he couldn't get the speech jammer game with Cat and Phil. Phil's reaction is likewise similar; I think he realizes that he hit a nerve with his tone toward Dan and he immediately backtracks in both instances, like he's trying to soften it without calling attention to it.
Definitely an interesting moment! I think they both startled each other a bit. Right before the merch question, Phil wants to talk about keeping the bus. He turns from the camera to face Dan, Dan clearly looks at Phil out the corner of his eye, and then Dan shuts his eyes and keeps right on talking about how pretty the bus is.

D: It's such a pretty bus.
P: It is. *turns toward Dan* Could we just take it back to London?
D: The aesthetic was so on point.
P: Hey.
D: It just made me so happy being there.
P: Let's get rid of our apartment and just--
D: Shiariley said Phil merch.
P: Oh!

I have no theories as to why, but Dan doesn't want to address Phil's joke about keeping the bus, and that makes me wonder if maybe they hadn't planned to talk about Phil merch but Dan saw an opportunity to change the subject in the chat and took it. Phil's clearly unprepared to say anything about the merch right then. Que them disagreeing about when the countdown to merch release might start, Dan withdrawing, and Phil deciding it's a good time to give Dan back control of the camera and clarify that by countdown he means a tweet saying "a few days left."

I'm always excited to read your timestamps, Mandy! Now that you've reminded me of the speech jammer video I need to go rewatch that. :loveeyes:

@starwatersong that is the healthiest and gentlest tweet I have ever seen in Dan's likes and I am ;_;
Yeah the dynamic there with Phil feeling a bit older and talking over Dan or asserting himself is really fascinating. I don't think it's negative and I think Dan's reactions are very natural and very cute within their dynamic, that level of comfort where they just sass each other and then take it in stride, but it's not something they've always been comfortable showing us for sure.
rizzo wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:44 pm Colleen just announced that mirandasings is getting a comedy special and honestly, if she’s getting one after a cancelled Netflix show, then Deps better be getting one too.

(Or they’ll probably just post it as a pay-for thing on Vimeo kinda like Oscar’s Hotel. IDK.)
Netflix is all about those originals and have definitely proven they'll take a risk on youtuber content, so my money is on it. It's a relatively low cost/high gain venture for them since they're not sponsoring the entire show or anything (like youtube did).
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Catching up with the liveshow now, and lmao phil at 18:10 - "because then you can, like, satiate yourself with a big...gulp."

Alrighty. Cool.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

sorry for double-posting, I'm past the editing window. Not sure if this was already pointed out, but phil's face at 26:53 when dan interrupts him is hilarious, and then dan motions, like 'okay fine go ahead'. I'm assuming they must be able to see each other on the screen? I love those kinds of little moments
starwatersong
phabergé

whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 pm sorry for double-posting, I'm past the editing window. Not sure if this was already pointed out, but phil's face at 26:53 when dan interrupts him is hilarious, and then dan motions, like 'okay fine go ahead'. I'm assuming they must be able to see each other on the screen? I love those kinds of little moments
I think the chat was also quite vigerously asking if Phil could express an opinion as well, so that was some of the facial expression. Gave me flashbacks to one of my favourite liveshows (Dan and Phil drop truth bombs on each other).
knq
lava lamp

whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 pm sorry for double-posting, I'm past the editing window. Not sure if this was already pointed out, but phil's face at 26:53 when dan interrupts him is hilarious, and then dan motions, like 'okay fine go ahead'. I'm assuming they must be able to see each other on the screen? I love those kinds of little moments
L O L

Thank you for pointing this out. I thought Dan was making that face in response to the idea of involuntary audience participation. But no. Apparently that's his "I'm letting Phil talk because he did an eyebrow thing at me but I want you to know I feel bullied by Phil's eyebrows" face.

I think they can actually see Phil better than we can on the screen, as apparently all those damn stickers appear on Dan's side for them. Loved them trying to look like they were eating the stickers. Good to know Dan's interest in things going in his mouth extends beyond tourist attractions and dicks to all things, real or virtual, visible or invisible.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

it's only 3:40 in San Diego right now, y'all think they'll upload before the m&g?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

That's a thread name and a half.

I love it.
knq
lava lamp

Can anyone make out what Phil says at 23:09 when Dan is talking about the background colors of an acceptable profile picture? I've listened to it about 10 times and I've got "Why's everything got a ______ attached to it?"

Edit~ Nevermind, I just got it! It's "Why's everything got a complex attached to it?"

Well. That's. Valid but rather blunt. Not that Dan seems bothered. They're certainly showing a lot of their perhaps more private personalities in this show.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Yes, new gaming vid!! I haven't watched yet, but dan's tumblr post made me laugh:

"honestly is it even a gaming channel if over half the video is us laughing about completely unrelated topics and arguing i’m not sure but here is a new upload on danandphilgames where we shout at each other a lot i hope you like it i thought it was funny"

like, dude, that is basically every danandphilgames video, and exactly why I love them
Evening42
dank meme

An interesting piece of trivia: In the Rize show last week Dan and Phil mentioned talking about conspiracy theories and the Dyatlov Pass mystery which gave Phil nightmares. About 3 weeks ago the podcast channel “Stuff you should know” posted an episode on the Dyatlov Pass mystery which makes me wonder whether Dan listens to those podcasts. The “Stuff you should know” podcasts, and especially this one, are really interesting (although a warning that this one is particularly gruesome).
hello9217
flower crown

Loved that video. I got a bit tired of overcooked when they did it in a lot of gaming livestreams but I'm glad they played it again. I can't write much because I have to leave for work but really good viddy.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I hate them for uploading just when I was about to go to sleep (that thing I haven't had a lot of lately ahum) but that was one of the best DAPG games in quite a while. I don't know what they were on, but I advice them to get on it more often. 18 minutes and 30 seconds of glorious content. I definitely do not regret missing some more sleep for this (yet).

:bedtime:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
greenergrass
stress mushroom

That was so fucking good
ratlad
angel bean

a lot of good moments in this vid! "massage me with your words", bickering, heart eyes howell when phil was close to his face talking to him calmly :garbage:
the rats names were both Phil???? they're so much more open this year about being the exact same person i'm so proud of them! we love phil and phil!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
dc34
glabella

That was so fucking good!

I was laughing the entire time, especially at the intro lol
yeetussy
glabella

I love the video so much. I honestly really don’t like when they play overlooked bc it stresses me out so much (I wish I had Phil’s patience because that controller would have definitely gone through Dan’s ear if he were screaming and speaking so fast to me in a situation like that :lol: :lol: ) but the BANTS.

The heat must be doing smth to them. Can they have even longer intros, I definitely won’t mind.

also please dan never put yeast and moms in the same statement, I wheezed but I also gagged
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

... two suitcases, one bed? Or is there a second bed out of sight? Can anyone figure out what hotel it is? (Since there's absolutely no chance they're still there, past location sharing is totally fair game.)
I need a second viewing of the video but I love the long intro, I love the top/bottom jokes (when they actually come from Dan and Phil directly), and I love their giddy bickery hotel room vibes.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

That video was sooo good!! I swear I was cry laughing at some point, they even managed to make me choke on my snack at another point. 2018 is blessed y'all (only on dnp universe lol, the world is actually crumbling everywhere else).
All the bants we could wish for, don't know why they are worried at the start about talking too much, yes, give me more of that, please.

I mean, it must not be news to them that we would watch anything they put out, boring or not (pigeon fest being proof of that) so I'm definitively not complaining if they ever put out a gaming video of 2% gaming and 98% bants pls do

edit to add: I can kinda see two beds on the window reflection right before dan takes the picture with the lamp in the middle of them (or is that one bed, lamp and table type of thing that I forgot the word for in english?)
autumnhearth
senpai

Loved the video, my husband had to pause the the game twice because he was cracking up too hard. Did Dan slap Phil’s thigh?

Here’s the hotel

http://www.hotelpalomar-phoenix.com/hotels-in-phoenix/
Philena
blobfish

It's definitely this hotel: http://www.hotelpalomar-phoenix.com/?&u ... %20phoenix

I can't tell if it's a double or single. My guess would be double. Looks like a nice place!

Eta: ^^ Beat be my a second!
annabanana
sofa crease

pls send help...i can't stop watching this
whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:47 pm Yes, new gaming vid!! I haven't watched yet, but dan's tumblr post made me laugh:

"honestly is it even a gaming channel if over half the video is us laughing about completely unrelated topics and arguing i’m not sure but here is a new upload on danandphilgames where we shout at each other a lot i hope you like it i thought it was funny"

like, dude, that is basically every danandphilgames video, and exactly why I love them
i love that this is his description of the video. it almost seems like they just left everything in that they might have previously cut out because some people might consider it "boring" but i fucking love the arguing, laughing, and off-topic rants. keep it up boys!
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I lOved this video, they wouldn't stop talking to each other and get on with the video- it reminded me of the time dan said phil was too chatty and he said "i just haven't seen you in like 10 hours"
(also I just love overcooked, but they did nOt do too hot this time)
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:47 am ... two suitcases, one bed? Or is there a second bed out of sight? Can anyone figure out what hotel it is? (Since there's absolutely no chance they're still there, past location sharing is totally fair game.)
I need a second viewing of the video but I love the long intro, I love the top/bottom jokes (when they actually come from Dan and Phil directly), and I love their giddy bickery hotel room vibes.
Its this hotel! "Hotel Palomar Phoenix - a Kimpton Hotel"

And I'm assuming it was a two-bed room. This screenshot shows a pretty clear bedside table/lamp combo in between two singles.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

I know my activity has been on and off sorry. But I loved this new gaming video!!! It was a blessing. So many funny moments!

Also I saw an advertisement for overcooked 2 on steam and I thought to myself I hope deppy play it

So I’m very happy they did!
:transheart: