Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:29 am Why am I emo over two giants crammed together on a bed with two much food what the fuck and how are they able to stay glued to each other all the fucking time I'm truly amazed imma cry
that’s always my question! how do they do it! so much time together and.... they’re not sick of each other ? :happytears:
:gayaf:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 am
liola wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:29 am Why am I emo over two giants crammed together on a bed with two much food what the fuck and how are they able to stay glued to each other all the fucking time I'm truly amazed imma cry
that’s always my question! how do they do it! so much time together and.... they’re not sick of each other ? :happytears:
You order a lot dip sauces with some food on the side, sit together on a bed for a couple of minutes to shoot an instagram story and nobody needs to know about how you spend the rest of the evening alone playing games or watching anime :mrgreen:

But I think they were just enjoying a real food party after a successful shoot of II. What happened in that 1-1.30 hour they were late? There's gotta be a bit of a story here? @Amiaw If it's Phil looking for candy again I am going to just suggest to Marianne she buys him one of the Hannibal Lector teeth masks xd
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

With my advanced detective skills of pausing and zooming in I have made a groundbreaking sauce-related discovery.
What saucy secrets might the mysterious codes OBO and DB2 be hiding? :tinfoil:

In other randomness, while I was definitely not considering getting a flight to Seattle to see II today, I stumbled across this beautiful typo in the show details:
(Sorry about the image size. Is there any way to control image size on the forum? Everything’s behind cuts now)
Ablissa
pastel persona

watsonian wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:01 am With my advanced detective skills of pausing and zooming in I have made a groundbreaking sauce-related discovery.
I think they both might be BBQ :D
knq
lava lamp

Ablissa wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am
watsonian wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:01 am With my advanced detective skills of pausing and zooming in I have made a groundbreaking sauce-related discovery.
You have revealed the saucy secrets much faster than I had anticipated. :lol:
Ablissa
pastel persona

watsonian wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:15 am
Ablissa wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am
You have revealed the saucy secrets much faster than I had anticipated. :lol:
Sorry to spoil the fun :| You never know, it could be a secret code name for something. Like DB2 = Dan Bought 2 (new pieces of extravagant clothing that looks like a bin bag)
Stakhanov
haru pillow

"Are your kids part of the Dan and Phil phandom ?"

-DB2 = Dan bottoms too
-OBO= (for) otter bae only
-ty ly bb= Steal your mom's credit card and spend everything on Phil merch NOW.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Stakhanov wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am "Are your kids part of the Dan and Phil phandom ?"

-DB2 = Dan bottoms too
-OBO= (for) otter bae only
-ty ly bb= Steal your mom's credit card and spend everything on Phil merch NOW.
babuse= buy amazingphil's bmerch u selfish egg

not an abbreviation but there's a hidden message in everything.
also i'm getting mild anxiety looking at the lot of sauces and greasy food on white bedsheets.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

ratlad wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:31 am also i'm getting mild anxiety looking at the lot of sauces and greasy food on white bedsheets.
That was my thought exactly! If you look closely, there's a towel underneath most of it, but that only helps so much...
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am Ugh I'm soft for them :')
Gotta love how they're crammed next to each other on the bed, rather than at opposite ends where there'd be far more room.
liola
rankussy

itasca00 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am
ratlad wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:31 am also i'm getting mild anxiety looking at the lot of sauces and greasy food on white bedsheets.
That was my thought exactly! If you look closely, there's a towel underneath most of it, but that only helps so much...
If I was them I'd use one bed to eat and one to sleep

Otherwise like how do they choose who gets the greasy crumb filled bed? Rock paper scissors?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Anyone at the show last night want to give a report (when you wake up, I guess, since it's early as fuck there). I'm so curious to hear exactly which parts got refilmed and if they played out every option of the multiple-option segments.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

It's time to face the truth they're not fighting over who has to sleep in the bed with the crumbs they are fighting for a chance to stay in the bed with the sauce-stained sheets.

Don't watch this if you have mysophobia :lol:

Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

poor phil
:gayaf:
kavat
pastel persona

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am Ugh I'm soft for them :')
Just passing by to say that Phil's little smile here is the most adorable thing ever. <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Yikes, Phil, that is one nasty looking bruise/cut.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@alittledizzy i stayed up last night keeping up with the iispoilers tags on twitter initially because of the "surprise" but stayed because everyone was being hilarious.
i had an inkling it was just going to be confetti and i was right. some people got mad that its only confetti (what else is new), and a majority wanted the la peeps to grab a whole bunch of the confetti and sell it to the ones that didnt go. it was wild. but anyways, people mentioned that they had to do the rap + song part again. you could check with someone who actually went there tho but yeah...
Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm

poor phil
i had thought dan was the one who hurt their ankle? i didnt see anything about phil injuring himself too. but then again, i didnt go to that show and i only got my info from the people on twitter....that looks really bad tho :/
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

liola wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:34 am
itasca00 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am
If I was them I'd use one bed to eat and one to sleep

Otherwise like how do they choose who gets the greasy crumb filled bed? Rock paper scissors?
^^ lmao that's exactly what i was thinking! don't hotels usually have tables though?
dnp are risk takers and showing the judges versatility!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
dc34
glabella

So, I was at the show last night so I'm tell you my thoughts,
I really enjoyed it, it was so much fun :D . So, the special bit was just them refilming the rap and singing but with confetti this time. One of the members of deppy's crew kept saying this was for tv, which was weird I wonder where they are putting the show. Also, there wasn't any youtubers which was weird since they were in LA, I wonder why they weren't invited/didn't go. Its funny we were worried people would bring up demon moments at the show, but then deppy themselves went into demon mode a couple of times

This show has a message which the last one didn't have. Right in the beginning Dan says we can't just say whatever we want about Dan and Phil and expect there to be no consequences. They emphasize the last bit over and over again through out the entire show. Whatever we do as an audience does impact them, even if we don't think it does. Before the stimulation, Dan says that we can't treat them like Sim characters, they are real people with feelings. They also, kinda talk about persona, what we see on camera is them just an exaggerated version since they're trying to be entertaining. Dan also brought up people wanting him to be "soft" during the wholesome howell/ xrated lester, and people saying "we love character development" after the wholesome howell meme took off . It wasn't him, but he thought thats what people wanted him to be. I reread past threads btw, and this topic was brought up a lot and its people wanting to see the "real" them, but when its aspects of their personalities they don't like they chalk it up to persona. Yes he can be kind and gentle, but Dan said he is a sarcastic, cynical person and thats just who he is. They said that there needs to be a balance between giving the people what they want and not pushing them past their comfort level. I truly believe when they say they want to please us, but it shouldn't be at the expenses of their comfort, privacy, mental health, and overall happiness.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

dc34 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm So, I was at the show last night so I'm tell you my thoughts,
I really enjoyed it, it was so much fun :D . So, the special bit was just them refilming the rap and singing but with confetti this time. One of the members of deppy's crew kept saying this was for tv, which was weird I wonder where they are putting the show. Also, there wasn't any youtubers which was weird since they were in LA, I wonder why they weren't invited/didn't go. Its funny we were worried people would bring up demon moments at the show, but then deppy themselves went into demon mode a couple of times

This show has a message which the last one didn't have. Right in the beginning Dan says we can't just say whatever we want about Dan and Phil and expect there to be no consequences. They emphasize the last bit over and over again through out the entire show. Whatever we do as an audience does impact them, even if we don't think it does. Before the stimulation, Dan says that we can't treat them like Sim characters, they are real people with feelings. They also, kinda talk about persona, what we see on camera is them just an exaggerated version since they're trying to be entertaining. Dan also brought up people wanting him to be "soft" during the wholesome howell/ xrated lester, and people saying "we love character development" after the wholesome howell meme took off . It wasn't him, but he thought thats what people wanted him to be. I reread past threads btw, and this topic was brought up a lot and its people wanting to see the "real" them, but when its aspects of their personalities they don't like they chalk it up to persona. Yes he can be kind and gentle, but Dan said he is a sarcastic, cynical person and thats just who he is. They said that there needs to be a balance between giving the people what they want and not pushing them past their comfort level. I truly believe when they say they want to please us, but it shouldn't be at the expenses of their comfort, privacy, mental health, and overall happiness.
I always love reading people's thoughts after a show and i'm glad you had a great time - I certainly had fun following everyone's tweets and posts on tumblr.
Not really a spoiler but I find it interesting that they chose to be more demon in a recorded show. With the whole message of the show being them giving us what we want but doing what they are comfortable with it says a lot that if this does end up on a big platform like Netflix that they are comfortable with this representing who "dan and phil" are to the world.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

I don't want to sidetrack the conversation, but I think it's really interesting when people talk about Dan and Phil "being demon." I assume that "demon" started out as a derogatory term for the "craziest" of shippers, but the way I'm used to it now, in my (demon) circles, is to mean someone who believes that Dan and Phil are in a committed romantic (and sexual) relationship. If Dan & Phil are being demon, does that mean they're playing to the demon crowd, or just saying/doing things that might be perceived as supporting the demon perspective? (Presumably, they know whether or not they're in a relationship, so they can't "be demon" in exactly the way that I can.) Or is my understanding of "demon" not necessarily how people use it?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Templeofshame wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 pm I don't want to sidetrack the conversation, but I think it's really interesting when people talk about Dan and Phil "being demon." I assume that "demon" started out as a derogatory term for the "craziest" of shippers, but the way I'm used to it now, in my (demon) circles, is to mean someone who believes that Dan and Phil are in a committed romantic (and sexual) relationship. If Dan & Phil are being demon, does that mean they're playing to the demon crowd, or just saying/doing things that might be perceived as supporting the demon perspective? (Presumably, they know whether or not they're in a relationship, so they can't "be demon" in exactly the way that I can.) Or is my understanding of "demon" not necessarily how people use it?
Hmm, I don't know. My first experience with the 'demon' thing was in the 1d fandom, which I then saw spread to the d&p fandom (kind of like 'larries' spread to 'phannies' etc). I'm sure these kinds of specific words were used before 1d, but since my first experience seeing them was there, and demon was first used as a negative against 'larries' and then turned into more of a positive by 'larries' themselves, I assume that's kind of what happened with the 'phandom' too. But actually, side note kind of, did demon ever really start off as a negative in the 'phandom'? From what I saw, it looked like actually d&p shippers took on the more 'positive' interpretation of demon from other fandoms, and it was always kind of used in that way in the phandom specifically. Or am I completely wrong with that?

Anyways, my interpretation of people referring to dan and phil as demon would just be that they're acting kind of 'extra' (in a good way), like that they're acting in ways that are a bit out of the box and wild for them while also being things that phan shippers enjoy. I don't know if this actually made any sense lol so I'm interested to see others explain their thoughts in a more articulate way
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:24 pm
Templeofshame wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 pm I don't want to sidetrack the conversation, but I think it's really interesting when people talk about Dan and Phil "being demon." I assume that "demon" started out as a derogatory term for the "craziest" of shippers, but the way I'm used to it now, in my (demon) circles, is to mean someone who believes that Dan and Phil are in a committed romantic (and sexual) relationship. If Dan & Phil are being demon, does that mean they're playing to the demon crowd, or just saying/doing things that might be perceived as supporting the demon perspective? (Presumably, they know whether or not they're in a relationship, so they can't "be demon" in exactly the way that I can.) Or is my understanding of "demon" not necessarily how people use it?
Hmm, I don't know. My first experience with the 'demon' thing was in the 1d fandon, which I then saw spread to the d&p fandom (kind of like 'larries' spread to 'phannies' etc). I'm sure these kinds of specific words were used before 1d, but since my first experience seeing them was there, and demon was first used as a negative against 'larries' and then turned into more of a positive by 'larries' themselves, I assume that's kind of what happened with the 'phandom' too. But actually, side note kind of, did demon ever really start off as a negative in the 'phandom'? From what I saw, it looked like actually d&p shippers took on the more 'positive' interpretation of demon from other fandoms, and it was always kind of used in that way in the phandom specifically. Or am I completely wrong with that?

Anyways, my interpretation of people referring to dan and phil as demon would just be that they're acting kind of 'extra' (in a good way), like that they're acting in ways that are a bit out of the box and wild for them while also being things that phan shippers enjoy. I don't know if this actually made any sense lol so I'm interested to see others explain their thoughts in a more articulate way
To address the positive/negative connotations towards demons, I've seen multiple people refer to demons or phannies (or demon phannies) as "the worst part of the phandom who have no respect for Dan and Phil or any proper human decency" (I'm paraphrasing, but I'm not exaggerating at all because when I read/heard people say stuff like that I was taken aback because I didn't think it was actually seen as a bad thing). People have also said that demons are why outsiders hate the phandom so much, so yeah, it's definitely used negatively.

I think this kind of discussion is so interesting (maybe that's the language nerd in me), and I'm really curious to see how it progresses.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:36 pm
whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:24 pm
Hmm, I don't know. My first experience with the 'demon' thing was in the 1d fandon, which I then saw spread to the d&p fandom (kind of like 'larries' spread to 'phannies' etc). I'm sure these kinds of specific words were used before 1d, but since my first experience seeing them was there, and demon was first used as a negative against 'larries' and then turned into more of a positive by 'larries' themselves, I assume that's kind of what happened with the 'phandom' too. But actually, side note kind of, did demon ever really start off as a negative in the 'phandom'? From what I saw, it looked like actually d&p shippers took on the more 'positive' interpretation of demon from other fandoms, and it was always kind of used in that way in the phandom specifically. Or am I completely wrong with that?

To address the positive/negative connotations towards demons, I've seen multiple people refer to demons or phannies (or demon phannies) as "the worst part of the phandom who have no respect for Dan and Phil or any proper human decency" (I'm paraphrasing, but I'm not exaggerating at all because when I read/heard people say stuff like that I was taken aback because I didn't think it was actually seen as a bad thing). People have also said that demons are why outsiders hate the phandom so much, so yeah, it's definitely used negatively.

I think this kind of discussion is so interesting (maybe that's the language nerd in me), and I'm really curious to see how it progresses.
Maybe it’s down to timing. As someone who was a casual fan and only gotten into the phandom in the last two years I’ve only really seen it be used as s positive ‘extra’.

However fandoms are really spread out, what someone on here uses it as could be wildly different to an Instagram user. It could also just be that the phandom has grown up/calmed down and is less likely to demonise others fans as demons (bad people).
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
knq
lava lamp

Dan and Phil are going to have matching leg gouge scars. A physical reminder of II they will keep forever. <3 (Ouch, though!)

@Templeofshame I haven't been in phandom long enough to understand where it originated from or how its usage has changed so I've never used it myself. I have the general sense that it is or was a bad thing, as anything associated with hell generally is. I've occasionally been tempted to use it when I go on a tangent about something shippy that I don't actually think is true but is fun to think about. But I haven't because I don't know if I'd be using it correctly.

If demon just means believing that Dan and Phil are in a relationship, I'm confused how people can "be" demon though. How do you be a belief? And especially how can you be more a belief in particular moments as opposed to others? I'm easily confused by language though!