Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Buddahbug wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:04 pm Communication. It’s a struggle and a job to keep communication open, honest and flowing in a relationship of 2. Imagine being in a “relationship” with millions. Knowing no matter what you say, when you say it or how you deliver it it’s going to be analyzed, scrutinized and broken down by thousands of people, all with different ideas of what it means and what your intention was. That’s got to be a daunting feeling every time you go to post something that you know will inevitably disappointment some. In life you’re not entitled to know every detail about everything just because you want it. They’ve given a statement, they’ve provided resources for you to go to to find out more information, and they’ve given options. Sometimes I think we need to remember that they are in fact just 2 people trying to earn a living and make millions of people happy at the same time. You can’t please everyone all of the time but I think their doing a wonderful job trying.
Hi Buddahbug, firstly, welcome to the forum! There's a couple of things that I disagree with, but please don't be discouraged to reply again, if you like.

You write that they are "just two people trying to earn a living" - well, they are not. They have a whole management company and multiple teams behind them who support them with a lot of different tasks. D&P have always been vocal about "wanting to do things themselves", so it's obvious that they want to do the tour communication themselves. However, it's not something the management or another hired person wouldn't be able to take care of for them.

You are right in the point that you say they've done everything: statement, information, options. But you are also comparing this situation to an actual relationship between two people. And I think we can all relate when I say logic doesn't always win. Just because it's the best solution doesn't mean we'll happily accept it. There's also an element of emotion in communication, not just logic and facts. And that's the part that some of us here have issues with: Phil's tweet (because Dan hasn't said a thing, not even retweeted, so we can't really speak of "they" here either) was definitely not very empathetic. More of a "Here's some info, you deal with it, see y'all later!"

Lastly, I do believe there are some situations where we are entitled to know something. There's lots of things that we are not entitled to know, however, information about a show that people paid good money for being cancelled/rescheduled is a situation in which demanding information is okay. "Logistical reasons" leaves so much up for speculation and (probably wrong) interpretation. Remember when they had to do a show without the (spoiler, you know what I mean) stage accessoire cause it didn't fit through the theatre door? It's a silly reason, but it was good to know why the audience had to miss out on the real thing.

~~~
Edit: New gaming video! I'm excited for some content but I also hope the current discussion doesn't stop because of it.
Last edited by LtrllySusan on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

They finally uploaded.

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i haven't finished watching the video yet, but i paused it after dan said: "orgasm denial"
and............
wh.
i don't.,,,,, i want him to stop.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

Shit game; cute boys
Hotel gaming truly has been offering a lot of cute moments, unless that's just how they are now.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

After waiting some time for that upload I’m gonna go ahead and say it was boring. Sorry lads, not for me.

Welcome to the forum @Buddahbug 😎
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I was beaten to posting the video but too late to edit it out, sorry for the double post. :D

Honestly despite the current discussion/situation I really enjoyed this. When Dan mentioned orgasm denial I was like wow, okay then Dan.
I was surprised with the amount of touching from them both, all that I was missing was Phil actually like using his palms to touch Dan's neck and not just the side of his hands (does this make sense I'm not a native speaker). The game itself is way too quick for me, so I only looked at them and they had some cute little looks between them.

Overall a good video, it was great to get one after the break, but of course the lack of communication regarding Manila remains... but I have long since learned to enjoy one thing and still disprove of another when it comes to these two, so I'm just happy we got a video and hopeful they will communicate more in the coming days.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

The game was dumb the first time and now it's even dumber but dnp were cute so I'm okay with it and I LOVE Dan in that hoodie, he looks so great in it.

Anyway, the video was so sexual (i mean, what else is new, but still): "don't know where that hand has been, i wouldn't bite it if i were you", "just suck it", "orgasm denial".. good lord, do hotel rooms make them feel in a certain way or what? If so, can they please keep on filming in various hotels around the world forever? I am quite enjoying this mess.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

The game itself was quite boring, but Phil looks so incredibly beautiful that I give the video an 8/10
phanfckingtastic
living flop

"You've killed me inside dozens of times" *suspicious face* wow, ok. starting the video strong.

Loving the heavy hinting in this year of 20gayteen, as the kids say, especially from Dan, making sure we absolutely get the connotation of phrases that could easily pass as having no double meaning. I can only imagine what wonderful surprises await with all the deluge of videos for the rest of the year and then for 2019.

Also, add to that the Sydney recording I just heard of Dan saying happy father's day to Phil. I love it. :ribena:

The game is stupid af but Phil is always funny to me and I would watch him (or them together) do pretty much anything tbh, so I don't care.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
ratlad
angel bean

yeah this was definitely a quick filler vid, simple game play that they haven't played in over a year, i don't blame 'em but it wasn't my favourite. still cute bants, though i don't think this was the vid they filmed the other day shown on phil's insta story, right?
i haven't been able to keep track of what place they're at anymore lol.
it's gonna take a lot to beat the last Google Feud game, boiz.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Dumb(er) Ways To Die is definitely not one of my favorites games. The gameplay is just okay, the bats were funny and cute. All in all it was a fun video, but one that I won't rewatch.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I’ve been hoping for another Dumb Ways to Die video, so this was a nice surprise!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

That was a fun video! Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed is that the pillows in the background don't match...have they really been lugging around themed pillows for the whole tour? Maybe just the pillowcases? But then they had to go out of their ways to set them up in the background... Maybe it's just a coincidence, and the hotel just had those colored pillows... Any way you slice it, I'm amused.
  • [0:34] Dan is completely unphased by Phil's neck touching.
  • [0:40] Oh, Dan.
    Dan: You've killed me inside dozens of times.
  • [5:35] Immediate mental picture is Dan tying Phil's shoes for him every time they go out.
    Dan: Phil can't do up his laces. That's a thing about Phil. Do you wanna know a Phil fact? Is he never learned to tie his laces.
    Phil: I can't. Look. I...I was never... I can do that.
  • [5:41] I enjoyed Dan's entire reaction to this statement.
    Phil: Yeah, well, just suck it!
  • [7:19] Cute! I love how Phil mocks Dan's "Oh"s.
  • [7:52] Dan gets back at Phil for neck touching with some face touching.
  • [8:01] That look Dan gives the camera. My mind went places.
    Dan: Don't know where my hand's been. Wouldn't bite it if I were you.
  • [11:20] The look of betrayal and sigh!
  • [12:27] More retribution from Dan for Phil's neck touching with hair pulling.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was cute. Dan showing off, Phil being a brat. It’s not the most exciting game and I could do without that piss-taking face Dan makes, but it was fun. Phil’s blue pillow on the bed was cute, also him wanting and then licking the cookie - actual 5-year-old, kids at my cousin’s school used to do that when we were 5.
argo
crusty sponge

lol I loved how Dan said "I'd love to go on a chalet holiday" while looking at Phil. Maybe they can go on a celebratory mountain vacation this winter.
Tottrie
drama llama

:love1: I love that on the left bed is Phil's pillow and on the right is a grey one (Dan's?). It's just cute because it's the sides that we always see them chose when they film videos of them laying in bed :love1:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Dan's sigh at Phil being a brat and licking the cookie and Phil satisfied smile waiting for Dan to react had me laughing :lol:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm just loving that Phil was having a full on conversation about heavy petting.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Aw, didn't notice the pillows!

Duncan has uploaded a video about missing Mimei and I know it's obnoxious to always compare everything to d&p, but I couldn't help to think if they were public I can see Dan making something very similar when Phil is away.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
liola
rankussy

The video was cute, nothing really special but still cute and enjoyable. The first one is one or my faves so I wasn't expecting the same level or enjoyment but they still delivered sosomething for a video that was 12 minutes.

I particularly loved bratty toddler Phil, you can really see the second child behaviour in that cookie lick, and maybe I'm biased as an older child (which a brother that is 11 years younger) but that sigh and conceive from Dan is literally ME with my brother when I wanna look mature and collected. At the same time it's exactly how me and my ex acted and I don't know what's more hilarious lol

I've loved the discourse about the Manila situations, I think we can all agree that they did everything they could about the actual issue, and that isn't something personal to blame on them but one thing that can be blamed on them is that they're shit at communication. To be fair, I don't think it's an easy thing to say however you wanna put it but Man, my communication/marketing/PR brain screamed at the emoji. Like no.

One thing that's rubbing me wrong about this situation though is how quickly some people turned to think about the worst possible scenario that it was about the money of the show and how now everything they're doing is damage control. I know they're not new at damage control, but saying that Dan would never post that coffee insta story of Phil is imo just wrong (he's done it already, it's really not the first time Dan filmed Phil and his coffee during tour) or how some people on Twitter were talking about the video being rushed because of damage control. I don't think that's necessarily true, we knew they were gonna film a video in Sydney, they told us and showed us and that seems like a fairly quick video to edit, so I don't understand the need to jump on the worst possible explanation just to point out how bad they are.

The situation sucks, their communication on these kinda thing sucks, but I do think they actually listen when they cause distress on their fans, voluntarily or not, and try to fix it (one silly thing that comes to mind, the Japan flag incident for the taste video or the sneak/monolid eyes thing in Dream daddy)

They can fuck up but they're still good men, imo. They try hard.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The game is kinda shit, but I've been pretty thirsty for some content so long that it was a pretty good video anyway. The game goes too fast to really allow for some good banter that isn't just them being a couple of horny bastards. But thankfully them being horny bastards is entertaining in it's own right. :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Catallena wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:42 pm The game is kinda shit, but I've been pretty thirsty for some content so long that it was a pretty good video anyway. The game goes too fast to really allow for some good banter that isn't just them being a couple of horny bastards. But thankfully them being horny bastards is entertaining in it's own right. :ribena:
:rofl: so true.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

orgasm denial? heavy petting? boys please.
also may have wheezed at phil licking the cookie :lol:
fieldoflovers
living flop

That duncan video was so adorable, someone find me a man like that pls.

I did timestamps! I didn’t really timestamp gameplay cause it was not super interesting but I liked the bantz

0:00: dan looks really cute sitting like that okay, it was imperative that I point that out
0:06: dan points out he’s wearing colour and that should not have such a big effect on me but it does, he cute
0:12: phil points out that dan has worn white for the last seven videos, raising the question does dan wear colours other than black or white (except today obvs)
0:23: dan says not to freak out about colour and phil says he’s freaking out (and so is the audience tbh)
0:29: phil touches dan’s hoodie in a manhandly way and asks to have it after tour(‘we don’t share clothes’ howell is quaking)
0:31: dan says the hoodie will have sharpie all over after the tour
0:36: danandphilgames deaths and neck touch (have i pointed out i love how touchy phil is? cause I do)
0:40: “Let me kill you”- phil lester
0:41: “you’ve killed me inside dozens of time already” i’m not kill shaming
0:51: dan does this tiny head shake/this guy thing while phil talks and its the definition of FondTM
0:55: dumbest death according to phil: too much pudding, also is it just me or is the font choice really odd at this moment? you can’t really read ‘too much’ because its red and the ‘pudding’ has an ugly font as well, i much prefer the classic comic sans
1:16: dan back with the relatable “i want to give up” joke
1:30: they’re playing for a cookie that phil describes as a “goodun”
1:36: its a “gluten free artisan choc chia fudge cookie” which lbr apart from the fudge does not sound great but maybe i just dislike gluten free stuff
1:40: dan says the phrase “gully gosh” and reminds us he is british
1:41: phil says fudge quite northern and points it out
1:52: dan bites his lips, its cute that’s all
1:53: phil snaps
2:10: “i’ve had a lot of peril in my life”-phil but dan’s face journey disagrees (though phil’s youtube thumbnails agree)
3:28: dan’s face here while phil’s writing down his score is just brilliant pause it please you will not regret it
3:32: Sassy!Phil (Sass masta’ from Manchesta’) makes a comeback “Whatever Trevor”
3:33: “Get back in lane, Blaine” Phil could be a mean girl from the early 2000’s also where is the dan specific one? cause surely he has one?
4:26: “Imagine if someone did that to dan and phil” (talking about stretching them)
4:30: “I am a long boye”
4:45: “Well apparently not, so ur mum” top notch comeback dan
4:47: dan would like to go to a chalet on holiday
4:48: “Two (potatoes? pillows? i cannot hear) chilling in a hot tub five feat apart cause they’re not dead”
4:54: “You killed me, you killed me by doing that Phil.” that’s my mood whenever phil posts a selfie
5:00: “do not make that Anthony reference” hmm interesting
5:16: “Prepare to feel my pain laddy boye”
5:26: an english language degree will not help you in tracing apparently who knew?
5:37: phil can’t do up his laces apparently
5:42: “Yeah, well just suck it” and dan’s face after, these are the moments I thank god for the gaming channel
5:44: in response to the suck it- “Violent, aggressive”
5:50: dan shocks/sabotages phil
5:52: phil touches dan and pointing that out is not weird ok?
6:03: “I’m in the hole”- phil lester, 2018
6:35: “he loves to tap that salmon”
6:46: Dan’s premature celebration dab
6:50: phil pushes dan again and i die another death
6:53: “Take the l...b..Bob” phil was gonna say bitch right?
7:07: kylie jenner is quaking
7:12: “No you’re meant to get the mines” phil, king of comedy
7:14: “You f...” dan was gonna say fucker but then didn’t cause phil is terrified of demonetization
7:21: oow, oow, oww cuteness
7:51:”I got a hard... series of ones” dan says while pushing his finger so close to phil
8:01: cronch cronch phil tries to bite dan’s finger
8:02: “don’t know where my hand’s been, wouldn’t bite if I were you”
8:04: “No horseplay in the pool” there’s a lot here so the highlights are dan saying that he isn’t allowed in the pool cause he’s a furry and phil asking us to not pretend to be horses
8:10: “No heavy petting”
8:15(ish): Phil asks what heavy petting is, “Is that like petting a nipple or petting really hard” its whatever you want mate
8:21: dan supplies that its petting 8 dogs at the same time
8:51: return of the “oh, dear”
9:26: “You need to rub it faster”
9:34: more oh dears from dan, this time with a dance
10:54: Dan likes the room to be very cold according to phil, idk why I find that interesting but I do
11:17: dan didn’t even particularly want the cookie
11:19: phil gets childish and licks the packet to prevent dan from having it wow vindictive or adorable?
11:20: dan looks disappointed in dan
11:45: phil says he might get trampled by an indian elephant (*sigh* i’m indian and just had the realization as to how ~white~ phil can be sometimes)
11:48: dan points out that they’ll be in mumbai thankfully
11:50: weird laxative elephant death story that may or may not be real
12:27 dan grabs phil’s hair yay and does a snek noise
kavat
pastel persona

I never thought a Dumb ways to die-video would lead to talk about heavy petting, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point.