Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Yay, liveshow! My highlights are below. I started the timer when either Dan or Phil said the phrase, "sitting down."
  • [1:03] After Phil says his quiff is a bit droopy because he just got up, Dan says Phil is having performance issues.
  • [2:05] They are currently in the Australian rainforest. It was about 9am at the start of the show, which means they are still somewhere in eastern Australia.
  • [3:03] Dan and Phil both make some cute mosquito noises. Phil's is a big flop.
  • [4:52] Dan complains about being in the rainforest at the start of spring. With regards to insects, he says that they are "beasts bursting into life" and that they are hungry.
  • [5:11] Long statement on the TBC dates. They say they're still TBC. They're still on the website. They still have plans. There's still hope!
  • [4:57] Dan goes off camera in shame when Phil points out that he provided the truth bombs question during last week's liveshow and in a tweet a half hour before the show. It seems to me like Dan might have wanted to catch Phil out for forgetting to include a question in his original tweet, and he was embarrassed when his plans backfired.
  • [8:57] Dan calls Phil "bitch." Dan says Phil was just seeking attention for saying that Phil cried in Hobbiton when Dan actually cried twice.
  • [10:51] Rize breaks. :roll: Dan says it was because Phil's pun was so bad.
  • [11:52] Dan was taking a picture for some people in Hobbiton, and he apparently said they should say,
    Dan: Backin' it up for Bilbo.
  • [12:18] Phil asserts himself.
    Phil: Let me talk about the glow worm thing.
    Dan: ...I wasn't going to stop you.
  • [13:27] Amazing exchange on stalactites.
    Phil: They pull the tights down.
    Dan: Ew!
  • [13:47] Dan tells Phil he needs to "cool the hell down" and moves the camera so that we can only see him.
  • [21:30] Discussion on Friends. Phil is apparently a cross between Phoebe and Ross (weird and nerdy), and Dan is apparently a cross between Chandler and Monica (sarcastic and high-strung).
  • [24:37] We finally get the story from a recent Interactive Introverts show about housekeeping almost walking in on Dan in the bath. Dan started talking about his bath earlier, but he forgot this part. When Phil reminded him, he said he had repressed the memory.
  • [26:34] Phil says that Dan was already exposing his naked butt to all of Sydney (because there was a big window right by the bath). Dan replies by saying something along the lines of:
    Dan: I wish I was, but I couldn't because [the window] steamed up.
  • [26:45] Discussion on the Manila situation. I didn't hear any new information.
  • [27:48] Dan asks Phil if he's more allergic to cats than dogs, and Phil confirms that he is. Dan seemed intrigued by Phil's response.
  • [28:34] Interactive Introverts merch will be on www.danandphilshop.com on Friday!
  • [31:00] Phil used to have nightmares about Big Bird.
  • [32:09] Dan comments that the person dragged onto the screen has a nice flag. I did not see a flag, so I'm hoping it will show up in the recording(s).
  • [32:52] Dan and Phil sing some of "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King.
  • [35:57] Next week's Truth Bombs question will be: If Dan and Phil were a superhero duo, what would their power be?
  • [36:16] Apparently Dan discovered a gecko on the ceiling in one of the places where they stayed, and he liked it. It sounded like he liked it a lot. He also likes snakes apparently. This whole discussion was very strange to me...
  • [36:55] They try a biscuit.
    Dan: That is a good one right there.
    Phil: Dip dip, bish.
  • [38:59] Dan thinks the next gaming video will be in a few days. Phil is not exactly sure when it will be out.
  • [39:17] No comment.
    Phil: Have a nice guy.
  • [39:44] Phil will let us know when the next liveshow will be. It may be on Thursday. They'll have to see.
Edit: Mighty good post for the top of the page, if I do say so myself. ;)
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:23 am There was a moment that I’m pretty sure was not coincidental (unlike the ‘your gay is showing’ laughter moment) where people in the chat were saying Phil was so cute and ‘oh Phil’ and Dan was making eye contact with the screen and waggling his eyebrows, not in a sexual way just in a fun acknowledging way? Did anyone else catch that or remember what Phil said that was adorable?
If I remember correctly I think Phil was saying that he likes to draw pictures on the window when it steams up while he was in the bath.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 pm the piñata pics are blessed images and i will protect and defend them forever, i'm so glad they were brought up again.
let me be a demon for a sec: dan holds phil like that when he sleeps :devious: (as implied by the post)
and notice how phil cushioned the spot where the piñata is so dan wouldn't feel much difference? hehehe.
this and the tour bus vid of sleepy phil are the reasons that i am breathing currently.
but yknow, maybe they're just roommate bros and business partners sharin' beds out of convenience. sometimes u get cold and turn to ur fellow bro for warmth.
i wasnt really sold on it but then you mentioned the pillows and now my demon brain is expanding, thanks :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash: (also friendly reminder of that time phil liked a tweet about how when you spoon someone bigger than you, its called "backpacking")

also, the ls today sounds pretty domestic and interesting, cant wait to watch it whenever its uploaded
"you are next to me in my life"
sweetlyphan
delia smith

ame wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:19 am
ratlad wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 pm the piñata pics are blessed images and i will protect and defend them forever, i'm so glad they were brought up again.
let me be a demon for a sec: dan holds phil like that when he sleeps :devious: (as implied by the post)
and notice how phil cushioned the spot where the piñata is so dan wouldn't feel much difference? hehehe.
this and the tour bus vid of sleepy phil are the reasons that i am breathing currently.
but yknow, maybe they're just roommate bros and business partners sharin' beds out of convenience. sometimes u get cold and turn to ur fellow bro for warmth.
i wasnt really sold on it but then you mentioned the pillows and now my demon brain is expanding, thanks :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash: (also friendly reminder of that time phil liked a tweet about how when you spoon someone bigger than you, its called "backpacking")

also, the ls today sounds pretty domestic and interesting, cant wait to watch it whenever its uploaded
I'm as big of a demon as the next person but I don't know I still feel the piñata photos are staged. I think I need some more convincing. Which is ironic for me to say.
:prideheart2:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

itasca00 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:03 am [*][32:09] Dan comments that the person dragged onto the screen has a nice flag. I did not see a flag, so I'm hoping it will show up in the recording(s).
it was a pride flag :prideflag: :-D
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Sounds like a good liveshow, I'm excited to watch when it's up! (thanks as always to those who record and upload it, you're lifesavers for those of us who are never home to watch when they go live)

I wonder if they plan to continue fairly regular liveshows when they're done with tour. I know the rize thing is a tour sponsorship, but I'm curious to see what will happen with liveshows in general when tour's over. I remember before tour started people were speculating that liveshows were dead for good, but I'm keeping up hope that they'll pick them back up after tour.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

sweetlyphan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:47 am

I'm as big of a demon as the next person but I don't know I still feel the piñata photos are staged. I think I need some more convincing. Which is ironic for me to say.
i dont think it was fully staged perse, since i know they had talked about that piñata during dapgo already....i was talking about the fact that theres some cushioning below the piñata as if "something" or "someone's arm" was there originally? you catch my drift?
"you are next to me in my life"
hello9217
flower crown

whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:11 am Sounds like a good liveshow, I'm excited to watch when it's up! (thanks as always to those who record and upload it, you're lifesavers for those of us who are never home to watch when they go live)

I wonder if they plan to continue fairly regular liveshows when they're done with tour. I know the rize thing is a tour sponsorship, but I'm curious to see what will happen with liveshows in general when tour's over. I remember before tour started people were speculating that liveshows were dead for good, but I'm keeping up hope that they'll pick them back up after tour.
I can see dan going back to do solo live shows but I have very little hope for Phil, unless he does them like once a month.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

WOOP! There it is:

As ALWAYS, a massive shoutout to @sonicgreen for recording. :love1: :love1: :love1: IDB Legend Status tbh.

Also a shoutout to @alittledizzy for her speedy internet in getting this uploaded.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

rizzo wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:07 am WOOP! There it is:

As ALWAYS, a massive shoutout to @sonicgreen for recording. :love1: :love1: :love1: IDB Legend Status tbh.

Also a shoutout to @alittledizzy for her speedy internet in getting this uploaded.
:stan: thank u,, bless.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:03 am Yay, liveshow! My highlights are below. I started the timer when either Dan or Phil said the phrase, "sitting down."
  • [1:03] After Phil says his quiff is a bit droopy because he just got up, Dan says Phil is having performance issues.
  • [2:05] They are currently in the Australian rainforest. It was about 9am at the start of the show, which means they are still somewhere in eastern Australia.
  • [3:03] Dan and Phil both make some cute mosquito noises. Phil's is a big flop.
  • [4:52] Dan complains about being in the rainforest at the start of spring. With regards to insects, he says that they are "beasts bursting into life" and that they are hungry.
  • [5:11] Long statement on the TBC dates. They say they're still TBC. They're still on the website. They still have plans. There's still hope!
  • [4:57] Dan goes off camera in shame when Phil points out that he provided the truth bombs question during last week's liveshow and in a tweet a half hour before the show. It seems to me like Dan might have wanted to catch Phil out for forgetting to include a question in his original tweet, and he was embarrassed when his plans backfired.
  • [8:57] Dan calls Phil "bitch." Dan says Phil was just seeking attention for saying that Phil cried in Hobbiton when Dan actually cried twice.
  • [10:51] Rize breaks. :roll: Dan says it was because Phil's pun was so bad.
  • [11:52] Dan was taking a picture for some people in Hobbiton, and he apparently said they should say,
    Dan: Backin' it up for Bilbo.
  • [12:18] Phil asserts himself.
    Phil: Let me talk about the glow worm thing.
    Dan: ...I wasn't going to stop you.
  • [13:27] Amazing exchange on stalactites.
    Phil: They pull the tights down.
    Dan: Ew!
  • [13:47] Dan tells Phil he needs to "cool the hell down" and moves the camera so that we can only see him.
  • [21:30] Discussion on Friends. Phil is apparently a cross between Phoebe and Ross (weird and nerdy), and Dan is apparently a cross between Chandler and Monica (sarcastic and high-strung).
  • [24:37] We finally get the story from a recent Interactive Introverts show about housekeeping almost walking in on Dan in the bath. Dan started talking about his bath earlier, but he forgot this part. When Phil reminded him, he said he had repressed the memory.
  • [26:34] Phil says that Dan was already exposing his naked butt to all of Sydney (because there was a big window right by the bath). Dan replies by saying something along the lines of:
    Dan: I wish I was, but I couldn't because [the window] steamed up.
  • [26:45] Discussion on the Manila situation. I didn't hear any new information.
  • [27:48] Dan asks Phil if he's more allergic to cats than dogs, and Phil confirms that he is. Dan seemed intrigued by Phil's response.
  • [28:34] Interactive Introverts merch will be on www.danandphilshop.com on Friday!
  • [31:00] Phil used to have nightmares about Big Bird.
  • [32:09] Dan comments that the person dragged onto the screen has a nice flag. I did not see a flag, so I'm hoping it will show up in the recording(s).
  • [32:52] Dan and Phil sing some of "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King.
  • [35:57] Next week's Truth Bombs question will be: If Dan and Phil were a superhero duo, what would their power be?
  • [36:16] Apparently Dan discovered a gecko on the ceiling in one of the places where they stayed, and he liked it. It sounded like he liked it a lot. He also likes snakes apparently. This whole discussion was very strange to me...
  • [36:55] They try a biscuit.
    Dan: That is a good one right there.
    Phil: Dip dip, bish.
  • [38:59] Dan thinks the next gaming video will be in a few days. Phil is not exactly sure when it will be out.
  • [39:17] No comment.
    Phil: Have a nice guy.
  • [39:44] Phil will let us know when the next liveshow will be. It may be on Thursday. They'll have to see.
Edit: Mighty good post for the top of the page, if I do say so myself. ;)
It seems that these timestamps work perfectly with the recording as they are written. :thumb:
itasca00 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:03 am
  • [4:57] Dan goes off camera...
This should be [5:57]. Whoops!
KatjaZoe wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:58 am
itasca00 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:03 am [*][32:09] Dan comments that the person dragged onto the screen has a nice flag. I did not see a flag, so I'm hoping it will show up in the recording(s).
it was a pride flag :prideflag: :-D
The people pulled on screen were not captured in the recording, so I'm glad you caught this! I was hoping it was a flag like that!
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 pm Was that like? A whole story? About Dan being in the bath? And Phil being on the bed? And no distancing there? Not even a 'beds' mention? Just like. The Bed.

(side note: if you think that it's inconsequential that he said 'the bed' and not 'his bed' or 'one of the beds' then Congratulations, Your Opinion Is Valid but I am not talking to you. I mean, you can reply anyway, this is obviously a public forum, but this post is more the flaily-happy variety and not the I'm-down-to-debate-you variety so I probably won't respond to the buzzkillers.)
Honestly, this must be the longest streak I can ever remember without some cringe waffle during a liveshow—it’s been so long since a thinly veiled alternate explanation, or condescending reinterpretation of events. Maybe even the whole of #20GayTeen there’s only been a couple of slight offhanded Phan distancing remarks.

I’m totally with you, these two have always carefully, too carefully, parsed their words to obfuscate—it is absolutely progress and I hope they realize that the more open and apparent they are the less rabid the phandom becomes. It’s refreshing not to wade through pages and pages of the thread dedicated to hotel schematics and other Sherlocking to catch them out in a lie. Now I think there’s more of a trust and we take them for face value (nearly)—sometimes they share a bed, sometimes there’s 2 beds, ocassionally they get separate rooms for natural and understandable decompression time (even though they end up in each others rooms anyways). We’ve come a long way since Japhan bedgate or Busgate in a couple short years.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

OOh quick upload! I've been so slammed today I didn't even watch the stream- just recorded, edited, and sent it away. Thanks for the speedy work @alittledizzy!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Having rewatched the liveshow now without lag, I really loved it. Huge thanks to @sonicgreen for capturing it again <3 Lol at Dan saying Phil's hair is having performance issues within the first minute. There were so many great little domestic moments like Phil telling Dan to stop saying things about bugs or they'll appear, Dan changing the truth bombs question, Dan calling Phil out on not actually crying, etc.. I also loved the casual room/bed mentions without any dismissive explanations. It's just great. "Let me talk about the glow worm thing" (12:18) made me laugh so hard. I love how Phil is prepping for Dan to talk over him (which he does anyway, of course). And I died at "pull the tights down" (13:31) Phil had so many good one-liner bits in this, it was fucking great. The whole bath story was great too. I love Phil's little quiet comment to Dan at the end about the housekeeping lady not seeing him. It was awfully soft and sweet.

And Dan's "nice flag" comment at 32:12 was so damn sweet :') On the same note, it was really interesting to see Dan and Phil's behaviours change when they got the fans on in a isolated setting since the fans were muted in this recording. It's easier to see how 'on' they really are, and I find it interesting, especially since this was a topic of discussion after the last show. If it wasn't quite rude (and if I was even close to being willing to be dragged on lmao no fucking thanks), I'd definitely say for the next liveshow's truth bomb question that their superhero duo name would be The Ambiguously Gay Duo (please tell me someone here gets the reference), which isn't very creative and I hope to god no one goes down that route. And finally, them being on a little vacation in the rainforest with Martyn and Cornelia :happytears: how lovely. It's giving me Florida vibes but less swanky lol (still cute as hell, though)
sweetlyphan
delia smith

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 am Having rewatched the liveshow now without lag, I really loved it. Huge thanks to @sonicgreen for capturing it again <3 Lol at Dan saying Phil's hair is having performance issues within the first minute. There were so many great little domestic moments like Phil telling Dan to stop saying things about bugs or they'll appear, Dan changing the truth bombs question, Dan calling Phil out on not actually crying, etc.. I also loved the casual room/bed mentions without any dismissive explanations. It's just great. "Let me talk about the glow worm thing" (12:18) made me laugh so hard. I love how Phil is prepping for Dan to talk over him (which he does anyway, of course). And I died at "pull the tights down" (13:31) Phil had so many good one-liner bits in this, it was fucking great. The whole bath story was great too. I love Phil's little quiet comment to Dan at the end about the housekeeping lady not seeing him. It was awfully soft and sweet.

And Dan's "nice flag" comment at 32:12 was so damn sweet :') On the same note, it was really interesting to see Dan and Phil's behaviours change when they got the fans on in a isolated setting since the fans were muted in this recording. It's easier to see how 'on' they really are, and I find it interesting, especially since this was a topic of discussion after the last show. If it wasn't quite rude (and if I was even close to being willing to be dragged on lmao no fucking thanks), I'd definitely say for the next liveshow's truth bomb question that their superhero duo name would be The Ambiguously Gay Duo (please tell me someone here gets the reference), which isn't very creative and I hope to god no one goes down that route. And finally, them being on a little vacation in the rainforest with Martyn and Cornelia :happytears: how lovely. It's giving me Florida vibes but less swanky lol (still cute as hell, though)
I was thinking of that same reference!
sweetlyphan
delia smith

ame wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:12 am

i dont think it was fully staged perse, since i know they had talked about that piñata during dapgo already....i was talking about the fact that theres some cushioning below the piñata as if "something" or "someone's arm" was there originally? you catch my drift?
I definitely get what you're saying. I guess I'm just surprised Dan was able to sleep through Phil getting up and successfully putting the piñata in his place with all that cushioning. But then this is the same guy who didn't wake up when a car crashed into the tour bus.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Nevermind me, I'll just be in here :garbage:

Two thoughts:
Is Hector's Twitter AU done? Cause I'm emotionally invested.
And - don't clap mosquitoes, just vacuum them :lol:
kavat
pastel persona

sweetlyphan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:52 am
ame wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:12 am

I definitely get what you're saying. I guess I'm just surprised Dan was able to sleep through Phil getting up and successfully putting the piñata in his place with all that cushioning. But then this is the same guy who didn't wake up when a car crashed into the tour bus.
What throws me off is that his hand is in a different position in the second pic. I guess he could have repositioned it in his sleep but as he seems to be a heavy sleeper I'm not convinced. I don't really care, I love them either way.

The ls was wonderful, dan writing Dip and Pop in the notif was funny, lots of good moments. Hoping for jungle stories today.
kavat
pastel persona

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:27 am Nevermind me, I'll just be in here :garbage:

Two thoughts:
Is Hector's Twitter AU done? Cause I'm emotionally invested.
And - don't clap mosquitoes, just vacuum them :lol:
Sorry for double post but here's part 3+4 in Hectors AU I can't believe he left it with a cliffhanger.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

"dip and pip" :shush: stop trying to join in, dads, omg we like our 4 walls exactly where they are, thank you very much.

how good was that liveshow, tho? ugh, the cheers moment with the tim tam(s?) killed me it was so natural, like when they started the rock, paper, scissors a few videos ago. I adore all their little shared habits and inside jokes and I demand a video exclusively on those.
HAVE A NICE GUY! lol

it's funny that when I wrote the post about them being in a penthouse for a few days again, I also thought about a more rural option but discarded it for luxury fiend Phil. turns out it's Danny boy who claims to love himself some camping but only for festivals lmao

I have no idea where they are staying and the bits they showed didn't look as rustic, but a quick google search to have an idea of what it would look like produced this and now just for the name I secretly hope this is the actual place :rofl:

http://www.lovecabins.com.au/Love-Cabin.aspx
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was a good one. I was so busy waiting to hear what they'd say about Manila, I had to remind myself to enjoy the rest of it. I'm amazed anyone's phone records it well, mine had such janky sound it was terrible. I didn't pick up on the bed stuff, tbh it doesn't send me into throes of happiness anyway. I have a new love for the word "timtam", it's a cute one. Also Dan's foodgasm face and leaning off-camera mid-biscuit. I commented that Phil's bad pun crashed the app, wonder if they saw it. I'd put that for their combined superpower too. This rainforest place looks amazing, good place to have some time out, bugs aside.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

im just gonna quickly ramble here
first : thank you so much @sonicgreen! i tried to watch the ls last night but i literally felt asleep (my bad i was in bed in a sleepy position). my best friend tried to wake me up for the manila mention bc she knew i was v interested in the situation but no... kept on sleeping! i woke up 30 mins later with a burning phone in my hand, asking : are they gone? have they said goodbye yet?
so thank you so much!

anywayyy, i laughed when dan said phil said he cried just to get attention, the little shit. let phil be omg :lol:
i loved seeing them in the morning, it's a nice change!

i started sweating when dan said 'dip and pip', please i don't want them to find this forum, ever.

and also the mosquito part was super funny for me because that's what's happening to us right now so.. haha
:gayaf:
phanfckingtastic
living flop

usually find edits cringe, but this one right after such an already adorable screenshot has left me speechless in the warmest way :faint:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Finally watched the liveshow and I absolutely loved. Rize is a disgrace but damn, it's giving us some Top Notch Content.

My favorite moments:
- Dan saying 'dip and pip', not because i loved it - i'm a big supporter of the 4th wall - but because it's good to remember they know what we are up to at any given time. They see everything. They lurk. They're probably reading this right now. Hello boys.

- Phil's natural sexy voice when he told Dan that the housekeeper didn't see him naked. Damn, that was Something, y'all. I replayed that bit a Lot.

- The Friends discussion. I grew up with the show and it will always have a special place in my heart, and they were definitely correct in their choices of relatable characters. :tu: (also @ phil, chandler + monica is Mondler,not Chonica or whatever the hell you said smh #fakefan)

- All the bed/room mentions but not in a 'omG THEy SLEEp togeTHER #PHANPROOF' way (i mean, they do, but that's not why i appreciated those bits) but in a 'we don't have to clearify that we were sleeping in two (2) different beds' way. The bed discourse is by far my least favourite discourse, so i'm happy they're just extremely casual about it.

Anyway, what I really appreciate is how incredibly chill and dan and phil are in those liveshows. I don't know if it's because they are on tour and therefore more tired and their guards are lower than usual, or if they're just happy and they don't care about the rest. Either way, I hope they'll keep up this behavior in liveshows once the tour is over because this version of dnp is the one i love the most. I always enjoyed their joint liveshows in the pre-rize universe but sometimes there were some moments were there was some kind of tense energy and I feel like that's completely disappeared while on tour.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
ratlad
angel bean

is phil wearing a pink shirt in dan's insta story? i need more.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl