Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I basically just wanna know if they’re here in Manila or not because there’s a super typhoon coming near us and if they’re still not here, the show tomorrow is as good as cancelled already. It has started raining here and it would just continue getting stronger. Manila has lots of low lying areas that could become impassable when there’s slight rains. So there’s even a fear that some couldn’t come tomorrow. I think a lot of Filipino Phannies would just want reassurance that the show would go on, not to stalk where they are. A simple tweet, or even an IG story with a blank wall behind them, just telling us that they’re already here would quell our worries.
We’re literally gonna push through storm-induced rains for them. Least they could do is inform us if it’ll go through or not.

Sorry if I sound so bitter and pissed. I’m already stressing out about tomorrow. 😞
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Oh ok yes that changes things I don't know how air travel usually gets effected if there is a typhoon danger I'm guessing it depends on the trajectory of the typhoon and how near it comes to the airport?
This shouldn't be on Dan and Phil really but on their [event managers?] [production company?] somebody who is responsible for communications and or planning, who should timely inform Dan and Phil so they could let know something well before people have to start speculating which plane they took. I hope it turns out well for all the Filipino fans :tu:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
bestfriendsclub
dank meme

Something I didn't see anyone mention about the gaming video is after Dan said about the statue "It's got a perfect everything." he looked like he regretted it and was bracing for the phandom to attack or something, just like with the "DiD I deTect a pEnis?!?" thing. So yeah I'm glad people aren't coming for him like he might expect them to.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

The typhoon is now within the Philippine Area of Responsibility. It will have its landfall this Saturday but it’s near enough to bring in heavy rains. Flights have been cancelled before over heavy rainfall so that’s our worry in case they’re just coming in.

I saw on Twitter that based on an ig story of a crew, some of the crew were already here 2 days ago. 😔
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

bestfriendsclub wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 am Something I didn't see anyone mention about the gaming video is after Dan said about the statue "It's got a perfect everything." he looked like he regretted it and was bracing for the phandom to attack or something, just like with the "DiD I deTect a pEnis?!?" thing. So yeah I'm glad people aren't coming for him like he might expect them to.
Eh I think it was comedic regret and he mentioned the penis at the end anyway.

It looks like Martyn and Cornelia will not be joining them in the Philippines. Really cute IG stories from Cornelia though.

@RiriPandaHeart2 I completely understand that concern. I hope we all have an answer in four hours.

And um good tidings from the shop:
dancy
procrastinator

There they are :D Seems like they really did just arrive.

glitterintheair
phillluminati

dancy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:01 pm There they are :D Seems like they really did just arrive.

They look good :love2: .

I'm still curious to know the reason why they did arrive in Manila just now since they said that the whole tour formed from their original plan to go "for a quest in Manila", and now it seems like they're gonna be there just for the day of their show, but oh well..
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That might still be a delayed ig post from the person who met them, but I would have thought they'd planned to arrive a day or two before 12th in case anything happened. Still, they're here now.
Tottrie
drama llama

flarequake wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 pm That might still be a delayed ig post from the person who met them, but I would have thought they'd planned to arrive a day or two before 12th in case anything happened. Still, they're here now.
I don't think it's a delayed ig post because I accidentally clicked on their ig stories and saw that they were at the airport like 2h ago.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I've seen people point out the "quest for Manila" a few times and I just want to say that I took it as much more of a "quest for Manila fans" than a quest for Manila, I've seen other youtubers comment how big and loud Manila fans are on social media, it wouldn't surprise me if they got quite a few requests during tatinof to bring the show there, so when planing ii they took it into consideration and made it happen, of course with a few bumps on the road but still, if they go and manage to do the m&g I'd be comfortable saying the Quest for Manila was conquered even if they don't get to do tourist stuff.
lilabet
philussy

Just FYI
Last edited by rizzo on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter link
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LurkingTrash wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:50 pm I've seen people point out the "quest for Manila" a few times and I just want to say that I took it as much more of a "quest for Manila fans" than a quest for Manila, I've seen other youtubers comment how big and loud Manila fans are on social media, it wouldn't surprise me if they got quite a few requests during tatinof to bring the show there, so when planing ii they took it into consideration and made it happen, of course with a few bumps on the road but still, if they go and manage to do the m&g I'd be comfortable saying the Quest for Manila was conquered even if they don't get to do tourist stuff.
I'm definitely someone that took it as meaning they wanted to go to Manila, but current circumstances make me think you're totally right and that it was mostly about making sure fans in Manila got to see the show. In which case, I still feel for them because this show seems to be the one that's giving them the most issues all around between the shipping issues, the venue seemingly underselling, and now the weather.
Philena
blobfish

I wonder of they delayed going to Manila because of the weather. :shrug:
liola
rankussy

Philena wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:57 pm I wonder of they delayed going to Manila because of the weather. :shrug:
I mean, they flew right during the typhoon started getting in Manila so if that's the case it was dumb. they had a show planned for today, so I'm assuming they had a flight planned for yesterday or at least the day before.

I wonder if along the delayed set they had issues with their visas at this point
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Philena
blobfish

liola wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Philena wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:57 pm I wonder of they delayed going to Manila because of the weather. :shrug:
I mean, they flew right during the typhoon started getting in Manila so if that's the case it was dumb. they had a show planned for today, so I'm assuming they had a flight planned for yesterday or at least the day before.

I wonder if along the delayed set they had issues with their visas at this point
I guess I meant more like, better stay in Australia where the weather is still nice, but I get what you mean. Might find out in just over an hour...
Ablissa
pastel persona

Wow, I hope everyone will be safe during this bad weather in the Philippines and that people will be able to make it to the venue. This sounds stressful :(
I'm a bit worried for the boys too. What if their flight to Singapore gets cancelled due to bad weather? They're on a pretty tight schedule, I hope everything will work out.

If my math hasn't failed me, the ls is in an hour. Can't wait!
knq
lava lamp

Last Rize show Dan was uncertain whether they'd be in Manila on Tuesday and Phil shifted the next show to Thursday (in 50 minutes apparently) which sort of makes sense with their travel plans, but also they've certainly made today very hectic for themselves.

Phil said he wished they'd got to see more of Sydney as it was raining when they were there for their II show, so I think at least that far back they knew what their travel plans were. They're just very brave about cutting things close at airports.
lilabet
philussy

Also
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Hello all! I’ve had a busy busy week, can anyone record the rize stream today? Thank you! PM me if you need any help. I’m v annoyed over the 10 minute warning.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

@rizzo will try, but if anyone else wants to give it a go that'd be great too! i'm also okay with separate recordings of video and audio, i can hopefully edit them together.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

I kinda already love this liveshow
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was tragically short but I'm not unhappy with it.

(I am, however, unhappy that they said only one more liveshow. I know we had the whole convo recently and everyone said they want regular liveshows but I just feel like the options here are 'rize vs nothing' not 'rize vs return to normal solo ones' and I'm gonna miss the fuck out of regular weekly content.)
autumnhearth
senpai

Wow, how did I space this one? I knew it was at noon, but I started doing laundry and roasting an eggplant instead. Caught it at the beginning of the Truth Bombs, everyone was cute. Phone still got super hot. Looking forward to watching it back later. Thanks to anyone who recorded. I had hoped the ‘banging’ gaming video (was that the word Dan used?) was a hint at Truth Bombs or something, but it’s then Sims which is fine.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 pm That was tragically short but I'm not unhappy with it.

(I am, however, unhappy that they said only one more liveshow. I know we had the whole convo recently and everyone said they want regular liveshows but I just feel like the options here are 'rize vs nothing' not 'rize vs return to normal solo ones' and I'm gonna miss the fuck out of regular weekly content.)
I don't know, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I really don't think that Rize will let them off the hook already, surely they have a contract for these live shows. That, if nothing else, should make it happen. I hope...
But of course their moods will be different once back home, we will get less anecdotes and more music, shows etc. I will definitely miss tour content.
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 pm That was tragically short but I'm not unhappy with it.

Idk. I feel like they are definitely done with rize live shows once tour is done but I feel like dan will go back to doing live shows (maybe youtube live shows) but they probably won't be weekly. Maybe bi-weekly. I really can't see Phil going back to do live shows though, except maybe once a month.