Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

watsonian wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:07 pm Oh my gosh their instagram stories this morning are everything.
That little interaction at the end makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it and I don't even know why.
D: Out of ten, man!
P: Six!
D: ... Cool.

Also 'put it in your mouth' and 'yaass' but I feel from an artistic standpoint that their blowjob references lose comedic impact with overuse. :ribena:

Edit: Total guess on the wedding ring photo, but it's not necessarily anything weird. Maybe she got married to someone she met through dnp or got married in the time between first watching them and getting to meet them and that feels meaningful to her.
No but you gotta appreciate the twist on it this time: take the wrapper off and put it in your mouth. And... I'll... stop here. Because the rest of that explanation veers into the explicit and I'll be kind of our west coast friends who maybe don't want to read about that with their morning coffee.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:09 pm :coffee: what is the mood for today, folks?
surgery nutz.

:squirrel:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

ratlad wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:09 pm :coffee: what is the mood for today, folks?
Personally, troypizzafire.gif

dnp, idek man. Phil ate some sweets, they’re on tour or something.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:11 pm
No but you gotta appreciate the twist on it this time: take the wrapper off and put it in your mouth. And... I'll... stop here. Because the rest of that explanation veers into the explicit and I'll be kind of our west coast friends who maybe don't want to read about that with their morning coffee.
No, no, you're completely right, with this added layer of meaning I am once again giggling. :lol:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

liola wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:34 pm Considering we've been interacting for months on this forum and I've stated my belief that they are indeed in a Long term loving romantic relationship multiple times, even "arguing" with you on it on multiple occasions, I think you pretended to not understand my sarcasm. Which is fine, we can both be petty here.

I think people lie when it comes to protect some thing they value and I like to look at the bigger picture made of actions that are not simple Twitter likes that every single one of us make even if something has nothing to do with us but is just funny. So yes, I can look past the obvious lies they've told, or do you also want to tell me you believe they met through a mutual friend because they said it a couple of times even though there was proof it wasn't like that and they themselves stopped lying about it at some point?

Re-read the posts and notice you were the first person to talk about an orgy and my comment was a sarcastic reply on howyou'd rather joke about them having orgies than accept the possibility that people try to protect some things that they care about by lying and hiding , and Dan and Phil are nothing but humans who make mistakes and can definitely lie for a good cause, while I don't actively think they're horrible people trying to manipulate their fans for money and views as you constantly seem to imply.

EDIT to say that communication via writing can be hard and there are specific nuances and phrasing that help with sarcasm and my double use of the word truly was there to help conceive the sarcasm. This whole comment, however, is nothing but me expressing serious frustration.

Just to be clear.
Ok let me put the words in bold where I disagree or think you misunderstand what I'm saying and put intent in my words that I don't have.

> Well i said 'I stand corrected' and no I did actually think you were being serious. I thought you genuinely brought up orgies as a possible part of their sex life. After one person sarcastically saying something about "the sounds of denial" just because I bring attention to a like on Dan's twitter and another person replying sarcastically and linking Dan's possible sentiment of loneliness to a miss-mash of 'objective' fans calling other fans plebs who just lap up Phil's comments about the D, I thought that maybe your post was an honest thought and just you contributing to the conversation.
You may remember previous discussions with me, but I'm not sure just what you think of their relationship and if you think they are monogamous because I don't remember that ever getting discussed. It's usually about "are they a couple or not" and when I offer my honest take on something, coming from the perspective they are not together, I guess that stands out to some (since most here see them as a couple). Your suggestion that I just take a point to argue I find a bit rude though. I don't. If people feel frustration after reading my take on things from a different perspective, that's on them. We should be able to freely write what you think and debate any topic (when and if you like to) without hurling insults if we disagree.

> How do you know they are obvious lies? It's the same old discussion and I don't think we'll ever settle it short of something coming out of Dan and Phil (or the 2022 marriage, who knows) but my point was not that Dan and Phil never lies about anything. It's that in the case of "phan", they have clearly stated their position and I think they weren't lying about it so arguing about their sex life from the assumption that must have been an obvious lie and so their monogamous long-term relationship logically just has much monogamous sex, isn't logical to me. That is part of why I missed your sarcasm there (the other was that i need coffee and it's a boring office day).

> I joke about orgies, but that second part of your dichotomy makes no sense to me. Yes i think Dan and Phil can lie, can hide things to protect themselves. No, I don't think they are doing it about the nature of their relationship. Both of those can be true and they say us nothing about orgies?

>How do I imply that they are horrible people? I stated explicitly a couple of times before that I don't think they are. If i thought they were, I wouldn't care for them and be part of the fandom. Are they people "who manipulate people for money and views"? That's an extremely broad description that can mean multiple things. I think they manipulate their set and the title of their video's to get more views yes. I would add to that that i think that's a legitimate way of operating as a youtube entertainer. It just depends on what you call manipulation for views and money, let alone how much you think they are to blame even if you thought that's all they did -which I don't- and how horrible people you think they are if they were trying to get views and money from an audience.

Since you say you're frustrated, and I think it's pointless to continue anyway if after all our clarifications we don't understand each other, maybe we can just smoke the proverbial peace pipe and enjoy Dip and Pip's dealings today in our own way.
I'm spying #InteractiveIntrovertsMNL and there's multiple pics of the stage now. They appear to have no set except for the background and a piano :shock: This does make me wonder: if the other show was canceled because of logistical problems with the set and they wanted to give the best experience, and we see no set today, what has happened?
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
lilabet
philussy

I always thought there was an issue with logistics like they said. I bet the screens weren't even in Manila for what would have been the original show. Maybe they had to source outside screens?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

so in summary
knq
lava lamp

Dan's out there respecting his daddy elders The last IG story is giving me strong 'ty ly bb' vibes. :love1: Also I failed to appreciate how gaudy their hotel room was last night. Gold curtains and red upholstery. I like it.
autumnhearth
senpai

I'm spying #InteractiveIntrovertsMNL and there's multiple pics of the stage now. They appear to have no set except for the background and a piano :shock: This does make me wonder: if the other show was canceled because of logistical problems with the set and they wanted to give the best experience, and we see no set today, what has happened?
Idk man, maybe a typoon :shrug:

The candy testing stories were cute, loved Dan's typo ridden "curation". And yeah that taking off the wrapper bit, that might have been an accidental choice of words from Phil, but Dan certainly had ideas. Trying to choose all the good screenshots for them is a headache though.

^^ Alright cool cool.

Aww that reminds me of this fan interaction I was going to link to earlier when I couldn't find the engagement ring source.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:16 pm so in summary
But... but phil's already lapped up that D. I'm so confused. So many mixed signals
knq
lava lamp

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:16 pm so in summary
But... but phil's already lapped up that D. I'm so confused. So many mixed signals
Somnophilia is not Dan's kink #confirmed

Even though it has a 'phil' in it... oh my god all the paraphilias have phils in them! oh my god i understand why dan loves fetish references so much now. oh my god #conspiracy #this-is-popped-rice-this-is-the-popcorn-of-rice-!

... Sorry. Today's a weird mood. :squirrel:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Anyway, just dropping by to say that all my fears were unfounded. There wasn't even much rain today. The show went on despite our fears. I also did the m&g, and was so nervous, I made them wait because I wasn't able to prepare my phone to screen record meeting them (They were so patient with me). They're really tall (seeing as I'm just 5 ft exactly, they seemed like giants to me. I didn't even reach their chests and I was wearing heels already). :lol: Phil is so gorgeous irl, I almost swooned when I saw him. The show was awesome and I almost lost my voice shouting. :tu: This is just the happiest day of my life! I hope the memories stay with me forever. The stress of the past few days was worth it and more. I haven't been active here and in the Phandom in general for the past few months, but seeing them irl reminded me of why I loved them and this community so much. Hopefully, this will be the boost I need to return to the Phandom. :ribena: :platonic: Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day.

From the formerly bitter Filipino Phannie who is now a very satisfied, estatic, and overflowing with happiness Filipino Phannie. <3
Last edited by RiriPandaHeart2 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
chatterbox
tol bean

watsonian wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm Dan's out there respecting his daddy elders
i saw somebody on tumblr point out that this a filipino gesture called 'mano' where you put your elder's hand to your forehead as a sign of respect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mano_%28gesture%29) (just thought i'd mention that because the first time i saw the clip i thought dan was kissing phil's hand and i was a bit surprised at their boldness but only a little bit because anything's possible in 2018 including fake proposals in m&g photos apparently )
opendoor
rainbow nerd

cheeky dan calling phil an elder.

but yeah, before i read the posts around it i saw it as a hand-kiss (sims flashback) and my brain malfunctioned and i started making involuntary spluttering noises.

it's still nice to look at tho :P for some reason this made me hope we get a hug at the end of this tour- tatinof freakin' cheated us in that respect.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
lilabet
philussy

chatterbox wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm
watsonian wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm Dan's out there respecting his daddy elders
i saw somebody on tumblr point out that this a filipino gesture called 'mano' where you put your elder's hand to your forehead as a sign of respect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mano_%28gesture%29) (just thought i'd mention that because the first time i saw the clip i thought dan was kissing phil's hand and i was a bit surprised at their boldness but only a little bit because anything's possible in 2018 including fake proposals in m&g photos apparently )
I also saw someone's meet and greet on twitter referencing them teaching Dan 😊
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

watsonian wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 am 8:20 Phil tries to stop Dan from spoiling the next Sims video. We are deprived of the full impact of Phil's eyebrow raise due to Rize stickers on his face, but Dan is not.
I really wish I'd recorded my Rize stream, since at some point right before Truth Bombs, all the emojis and comments vanished. I also couldn't see or here the people dragged on to the screen either. Alas, I didn't think about it until right before they ended the stream. In any case, have a few (not great) screencaps of Philly without a million emojis covering him.
Direct link in case the embed doesn't work.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Really lovely instagram like from Phil:

lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

chatterbox wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm
me being born and raised half of my current life in the philippines, can confirm - indeed doing a "mano" (though usually when you do it, you say "mano po" <- po being a polite language) requires you to place the elder's back of hand to your forehead. its an act of respect thats integrated into the culture like how the japanese would bow as a show of respect. so, hes not kissing phils perse........although when i first saw someone comment that dan kissed phils hand live internally i felt "eXCUSE ME I NEED EXPLNATATIINONS" and now i did get my answers
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

is.. that an egg yolk on phil's pancake? :backawayslowly:
edit: my friend told me it is not. phil says it is sweet butter. glad we got that outta the way!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
fieldoflovers
living flop

ratlad wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:24 am is.. that an egg yolk on phil's pancake? :backawayslowly:
edit: my friend told me it is not. phil says it is sweet butter. glad we got that outta the way!
I thought it was an egg yolk too! now i have egg on my face. idk if that joke is funny but that insta story while very on brand was also so cute and I love how Phil gets excited about the little things in life (quite literally in this case) and I'm trying to emulate that in my life. His voice just sounded so excited by this tiny desert that it made me audibly go aww, which rarely happens.

I really hope we get some Manila touristy selfies today though there is a typhoon so I hope they stay safe!
Phantasy
woodland creature

Love the random insta likes today...somehow together they are all quintessentially Dan...
Anthony (senpai) and Natalie (Dan’s kindred spirit); a post from Charlie (breaker of fanboy Dan’s fetus heart); Nick “hey buddy” Jonas; and a celebrity fashion parody account feat. Jonathan from Queer Eye...

phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Phantasy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:39 am Love the random insta likes today...somehow together they are all quintessentially Dan...
Anthony (senpai) and Natalie (Dan’s kindred spirit); a post from Charlie (breaker of fanboy Dan’s fetus heart); Nick “hey buddy” Jonas; and a celebrity fashion parody account feat. Jonathan from Queer Eye...

That last photo belongs to Tom Lenk, whose ig account is absolutely hilarious, and who played a character in Buffy :ribena:
(Why in 9 years we haven't had a video of them discussing Buffy at length I will never understand btw)

Only a handful of shows left! WAT :o
My main takeaway is to thank the fans who rebelled and filmed/recorded (sometimes ICONIC! parts of) their shows. I usually would be very against that lol, but in this tour I feel it complemented their ig stories a lot, and that's why it's gone by so fast without feeling disconnected or drought-y in any way.
We've had so much fun, and at the risk of repeating myself the best part of the phan year is not even started yet! 2018 has been shit personally but a complete pleasure with d&p. :hearts: :cheer:

eta: obviously special thanks to the transcribers here on idb who shared with us so many important and ridiculous on-stage moments :stan:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
George
sad dimple

ame wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 am so, hes not kissing phils perse........
I have nothing intellectual to add, but the fact that perse literally means ass in my native language made this too funny.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

George wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 am
ame wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 am so, hes not kissing phils perse........
I have nothing intellectual to add, but the fact that perse literally means ass in my native language made this too funny.
this is getting so much better
:gayaf:
autumnhearth
senpai

About time we had some pancake content from Phil! And he made sure to share it on Twitter too, bless him. Plus Dan’s stories.