Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Their little family/double date nz exploring is too much for my heart. I know Martyn said on twitter once (I think?) that he was very proud of d&p but I'd KILL ( :ribena: ) for a video just with the two Lester bros. I know too many siblings that pretty much don't get along at all so I'm very interested in their relationship when they even work together. Money can be such a fucking poison. And at that level, oh god, can't imagine.
Also, my Phillie heart is fascinated by his ability to apparently be adored by everyone he knows and keep such long term friendships/partner *cough*/ etc. I love him :garbage:

Saw some cute gifs on tumblr from this m'n'g video. I couldn't really understand what they're saying, but they're watching a video on the fan's phone.
The gif is coooote
link: http://glitter-intheair.tumblr.com/post ... ee-if-phil (sorry, don't know how to embed the full post)

Although exchanges with fans will forever make me cringe myself into a black hole, watching this my only thought was that I dare anyone to come up with a youtuber that is more sincerely appreciative of their fans than d&P irl. Even when being paid. Especially when being paid!
What a pair of truly good guys who have managed to stay humble. Kudos to their own brains and the people that raised them, I guess. :respekt2:

Now gimme videoS.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
Phantasy
woodland creature

All these couples dates and terrific outings makes my demon phannie heart swoon and think what great opportunities any of these activities would make for a perfect proposal spot... nature island, sky bar, whale watching, hobbiton.
I wonder where Martyn and Cornelia land when it comes to the idea of marriage... I mean they've been together for as long or longer then D&P, right?
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Phantasy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:05 pm All these couples dates and terrific outings makes my demon phannie heart swoon and think what great opportunities any of these activities would make for a perfect proposal spot... nature island, sky bar, whale watching, hobbiton.
I wonder where Martyn and Cornelia land when it comes to the idea of marriage... I mean they've been together for as long or longer then D&P, right?
Pretty sure it’s a little less... Yep they started interacting on Twitter in early Dec 2009 and collaborating in the spring. Martyn called her music (technically a song she was featured in) “ace” and said the lyrics made him blush. I love flirting.

No idea re marriage, they often remind me of my older brother and his girlfriend who have been together well over a decade but just don’t care about the ceremony or institution, they’ve thought about a little family thing (officiated by me) a couple times, but there are just better things for them to do with their money I guess.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

nothing of substance to add but i've been crying about those hobbiton pics all day today tHANK YOU BOYS instagram stories are the best thing that has ever happened to this fandom
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Well, they made some nice trips in Australia and New Zealand. All the classics really. They made some cute pictures, but I can't the hyperbole around of it doesn't really do much for me :shrug:
I hope we finally get some content soon if you look at there main channels they really look dead. You can almost feel the tumbleweed blowing by.
Hopefully after the 2-3 september shows they'll have a couple of days to film something because itr's getting pretty boring :(
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
ratlad
angel bean

lol i love how martyn was a cornelia fan before they got together and dan was a fan of phil before as well :xoxo:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Just a few Martyn and Cornelia tweets under cut not to clog with nonsense. I'm sure they're well known, but I find them rather sweet or funny and we have nothing going on:

Blackpool d&p trip.

Context?

I mean, is this Cornelia about Martyn or Dan about Phil? New game.

Again, c&m or d&p?

Capitalester is not just Phil.

Sigh. :valentine:

"Your skin looks nice under the blue sun(sky)", anyone?

"Slice" runs in the family, apparently. ah, the Lesters. Love them.

At least 6 years of double dates :love2:

Don't worry, guys. In a few years you will be getting more than cupcakes for all that work.

eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

ratlad wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 pm lol i love how martyn was a cornelia fan before they got together and dan was a fan of phil before as well :xoxo:
omg was he really?? i didn't know that!
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Excuse me, Phan what? I only ship Martyn x Cornelia now. <3
How did Martyn and Cornelia even meet? Did they seriously meet each other over the internet? How crazy is it for two guys from the same family to find their soulmates by either stalking them or being stalked on twitter??
ratlad
angel bean

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:45 pm
ratlad wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 pm lol i love how martyn was a cornelia fan before they got together and dan was a fan of phil before as well :xoxo:
i think, from the tweets above, their interactions seemed like mart loved corn's music^^

also @phanfckingtastic why did you decide to murder me with those tweets?
:happytears:
someone pls dig up some more m&c tweets,, i love love. (and no, i wont go on a liking spree on twitter bc that's embarrassing for me and everyone else)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Martyn and Cornelia are truly adorbz.
phanfckingtastic wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:29 pm

Capitalester is not just Phil.
brb writing a new family sitcom. The Capita£esters. It's gonna be ace. 8-)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
citizen_erased
truth bomb

just dropping in to say daniel howell who?? I only see phil now. He looks so, so good nowadays. jfc. dan is such a lucky man to get to see phil looking like that every goddamn day.

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

(also honestly it's kind of encouraging to see what kind of glow-up he's having at age 31 (? I'm not actually sure about how old he is, lmao fake phan alert). It gives me a tiiiny bit of hope for myself one day. :impatient: )
autumnhearth
senpai

ratlad wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:25 pm
i think, from the tweets above, their interactions seemed like mart loved corn's music^^

someone pls dig up some more m&c tweets,, i love love. (and no, i wont go on a liking spree on twitter bc that's embarrassing for me and everyone else)
Ablissa wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:06 pm Excuse me, Phan what? I only ship Martyn x Cornelia now. <3
How did Martyn and Cornelia even meet? Did they seriously meet each other over the internet? How crazy is it for two guys from the same family to find their soulmates by either stalking them or being stalked on twitter??
Eh not quite, I mean I don’t know when they first met in person, but they were/are both djs and soon had some gigs together. They could have met in person before connecting on Twitter or maybe had a mutual friend (heheh) in the music scene. Who knows, people can get up to a lot when they’re not tweeting ;)
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

It's not that unusual to for people to meet their partners online, it is fast becoming the norm.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+way ... LCwhRayNM:

Sending a couple of tweets to someone doesn't make you a fanboy imo.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
autumnhearth
senpai

Ice cream date! Though no chocolate tentacles, darn!
knq
lava lamp

The last Rize show feels like it happened about 6 years ago but I just finished some timestamps for it anyway. :ribena:
They are sitting on opposite sides today!
0:30 They’re late because of technical issues, but the room service is fab and Dan has a smoothie so whose complaining
0:50 Dan declares his smoothie to be the best mango flavored smoothie ever, then allows Phil to take it out of his hand for sniffing. Dan is a braver man than I.
1:00 Paper straws save the whales.
1:45 According to Dan, Phil causes insomnia and nightmares. He does not explain how.
2:00 Kathryn convinced young Phil that midnight was 10 o'clock.
2:20 Phil is wearing pjs and shows us. Dan probably isn’t wearing pants and doesn’t show us.
2:30 Dan has discovered how time zones work. He is shook.
3:20 Dan got to New Zealand and slept for two days. P: Dan has been hibernating.
4:35 Dan and Phil owe Marianne hazard pay, confirmed.
4:50 circle back to time zone talk. Dan has pulled up the world clock on his phone. Phil thinks Dan’s phone will be mirrored.
5:10 Dan makes a map with his hands to better emphasize his time zone points. Phil assists.
5:25 Phil is amused by the flat earth comment and waits a solid seven seconds for Dan to finish his sentence before reading it out. That’s a skill, people.
6:00 Dan prompts Phil to talk about his motion sickness which then reminds Dan of whale watching.
6:15 D: and then you almost did a 360 projectile vomit over everybody in Auckland.
P: Yeah, and I almost fell over about three times as well.
D: So that was fun. But also, speaking of whales.
P: What? We’re not speaking of whales.
D: We were at the start.
P: Were we?
D: I don’t remember how--
P: *already making whale noises*
6:38 It was Phil’s dream to go whale watching so they went whale watching
6:50 Dan was originally doubtful about whale watching. Then he was guaranteed whales.
7:20 Your mum joke. Phil reminds us that Dan also has a mum. Sounds fake but ok.
7:35 Phil collides with the camera. Hey Phil.
8:00 They tell a story about travel sickness pills being handed out on the ferry. Because they are Dan and Phil, it is unclear if one, both, or neither of them took a travel sickness pill, but it’s important that we all consider the possibility that whales might have vomit related kinks.
9:00 “Bow Chicka Whale Wow” and Dan is a stressed whale.
9:50 Dan interrupts Phil’s wholesome whale moment to show the chat his mango smoothie. He gets a Look. Phil is then allowed to finish having his whale moment.
10:20 Phil spons Captain Carry at Brisbane Whale Watching Tours dot com dot au. Dan spons mangoes. Buy a mango.
11:00 Being on the 73rd floor made Phil excited about eating cereal and having a wee. It made Dan question human motivation and structures and conclude we’re an obnoxious species.
13:00 Phil plugs the seven (7) seats that have opened up.
13:50 They attempt to count the remaining shows but both of them forget to count.
14:20 Phil followed and unfollowed Kylie Jenner to get a filter. He spends the next half minute defending this decision.
15:20 Phil was Not Amused by housekeeping offering him a towel when the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. If he wanted a towel he wouldn’t have put up the Do Not Disturb sign. Phil has passionate feelings on this point.
16:30 Fan interaction starts
18:25 Dan and Phil see a dog. We don’t. We see someone who almost definitely doesn’t know she’s still on camera. send help
22:15 Fan interaction ends.
22:45 We are all allowed to not like each other’s walls.
23:00 Naked butts and hotel cushion talk.
23:50 Dan encourages Phil to continue playing a hard game because he’ll be proud of himself when he finishes.
24:00 The object of the game Hollow Knight is to get to Dan’s nose. Phil demonstrates.
24:15 Phil’s gamer rage:
P: So last night I got a little bit frustrated, didn’t I? I was like: I’m deleting it!
D: Yeah, Phil was screaming things. He was throwing things. I was very scared.
P: I was.
D: Um, that.
P: But then I got some room service shelled out.
24:55 Remember when they saw that dog six minutes ago? Dan and Phil remember.
25:20 They plan on backseat editing II like they did TATINOF
26:05 Dan thinks they’re filming gaming videos today. Phil thinks they’re not.
28:00 Phil likes purchasing his own merch to “see if it works.”
29:05 Dan makes a couple top quality whiny noises at Phil while they look up bird facts.
29:40 Martyn is not allowed near bears because he’d try to take a selfie with the bear.
29:50 Phil’s accent for ‘bear impression’ sounded so much like Rosie’s accent for ‘crab impression’ that I had to go and find it just to share. I love a very specific type of YouTuber. :love1:
30:20 Dan hasn’t packed any warm clothes and is going to wear his t-shirt today. P: You’re gonna be cold.
30:45 Dan likes letting Phil talk because reasons. A brief silence-off follows before Dan gets attacked with the butt pillow.
32:20 Shout out to the emojis that Phil thinks are obscuring his face. He moves his face behind the emojis so we can see him better. Thanks Phil.
32:45 Phil accepts all animal related insults.
34:05 Some intense close-ups while Phil forgets how to close the app.
34:10 Phil decides not to close the app. The stream ends after a few Phil shout-outs. Dan has returned to his smoothie.
kavat
pastel persona

They keep going on cute nature tours, I'm 100% living through them rn
kavat
pastel persona

bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

@watsonian Seriously hilarious time stamps. I snorted tea through my nose so thanks for that! Now I feel like I need to re-watch it.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love that they went on a cave trip and saw gloworms. Between that and Hobbiton, seems like a good roundup of New Zealand if you’re not there long. They look adorable in their raincoats, of course. Phil made me think of Pooh and Piglet. Martyn and Cornelia also look adorable.

The liveshow was lovely, a few particular moments I thought to mention at the time, but I watched it late at night and had forgotten them the next morning.

Really hope they confirm what’s up with the tbc dates soon. They said it was visa stuff, not the venue, so it seems terrible for it still not to be sorted by the visa people. Who knows, though. Seems a lot of people in Mexico and Brazil have been prepared for it not to happen, but it’s still sad for them.
Philena
blobfish

bluntedclaws wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:30 am @watsonian Seriously hilarious time stamps. I snorted tea through my nose so thanks for that! Now I feel like I need to re-watch it.
Agreed! I was cracking up :rofl:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

kavat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:22 am
It took me a few hours, but I've only now just realized these gifs are all mostly a cute homage to New Zealand. So, wild theory, but I assume they've left.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Super late on this one but I don't think anyone answered?
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:20 pm

Ablissa wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:06 pm Excuse me, Phan what? I only ship Martyn x Cornelia now. <3
Eh not quite, I mean I don’t know when they first met in person, but they were/are both djs and soon had some gigs together. They could have met in person before connecting on Twitter or maybe had a mutual friend (heheh) in the music scene. Who knows, people can get up to a lot when they’re not tweeting ;)
I don't remember to what extent there were receipts, but I thought the theory was that they met at the Red Bull Music Academy. I did a bunch of research at some point which I believe led me to conclude that it was probably in 2008 in Barcelona, when Cornelia was there as a participant and Martyn was there as an alum. It's been a bit since I dug in, so sorry if I'm messing up any of that.

Oooh, never mind, here's Cornelia's words on it (http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/20 ... new-single):
How did you hook up with Mooken?

We’re both RBMA participants from different years. I moved to London, he moved to London, and I kept seeing him at parties, and he kept coming up and talking to me (laughs). And I just realised I enjoyed talking to him. We decided to start a project that didn’t include our own music be cause we both already make our own music for ourselves. So then we decided to both do it to promote and help other people. And that’s why I started my label too, so that I can put out more stuff that other people do.
det395
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Templeofshame wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:36 pm Super late on this one but I don't think anyone answered?
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:20 pm

I don't remember to what extent there were receipts, but I thought the theory was that they met at the Red Bull Music Academy. I did a bunch of research at some point which I believe led me to conclude that it was probably in 2008 in Barcelona, when Cornelia was there as a participant and Martyn was there as an alum. It's been a bit since I dug in, so sorry if I'm messing up any of that.

Oooh, never mind, here's Cornelia's words on it (http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/20 ... new-single):
How did you hook up with Mooken?

We’re both RBMA participants from different years. I moved to London, he moved to London, and I kept seeing him at parties, and he kept coming up and talking to me (laughs). And I just realised I enjoyed talking to him. We decided to start a project that didn’t include our own music be cause we both already make our own music for ourselves. So then we decided to both do it to promote and help other people. And that’s why I started my label too, so that I can put out more stuff that other people do.
How did I never know Martyn did music?? I bet that was another thing that made him the super cool big brother in a young envious Phil lmao. Is there any evidence of his music anywhere or does it seem like a personal hobby thing? "for ourselves" like she said.
Philena
blobfish

^^